Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

People were talking (on the Jer/Hannah thread) about the video of Lauren and Josiah in the car, the morning after the wedding night. You can see some of that video here at about 1:45. She is oddly dressed and seems a bit gobsmacked by it all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0_7LwoRFo&t=101s

Oh I thought the other poster was posting about an episode.

Thank you! I did see that. Lauren is a weird one for sure.

• Love 2

This was recommended to me by YT. I’m not sure how reliable the channel or her source is but here’s the link: 

Basically says the baby is a boy & due in a couple of months (if I remember correctly).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh I thought the other poster was posting about an episode.

Thank you! I did see that. Lauren is a weird one for sure.

I recall that Lauren could be pissy, but I don't know...I have only pity in my heart when I watch that "hostage"video. There's no way of knowing why she was so emotional, but regardless, not everyone is built to turn off their feelings and perform for the camera when one is shoved in their face. My first thought is that the poor child is having the ultimate "Oh shit, what have I married into" moment. And although I always liked Josiah when he was a kid, he's the one who strikes me as " the weird one" in that video for just reciting his lines with no apparent concern for his new wife's distress. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Portia said:

I recall that Lauren could be pissy, but I don't know...I have only pity in my heart when I watch that "hostage"video. There's no way of knowing why she was so emotional, but regardless, not everyone is built to turn off their feelings and perform for the camera when one is shoved in their face. My first thought is that the poor child is having the ultimate "Oh shit, what have I married into" moment. And although I always liked Josiah when he was a kid, he's the one who strikes me as " the weird one" in that video for just reciting his lines with no apparent concern for his new wife's distress. 

I'm not sure what is going on in that video but Lauren has shown she is hardly one to be held hostage. However the fact that Josiah posted such a poor video certainly makes him look like an asshole.

• Love 7

I think it was probably expected of him to post a video. It's not great, but I'll give him some credit for not re-shooting until they got a good take.

All of the Duggars appear to lack empathy. The boys also had virtually no contact with women and girls outside their immediate family, and only limited contact with the women and girls within their family. I can't entirely fault him for being unable to read what appears to us to be obvious distress.

I will also give him some credit for largely removing his family from SM. While I'm never particularly happy to hear that another Duggar baby is on the way, they've done a pretty good job of keeping their own personal business to themselves.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I read somewhere that Lauren and Josiah currently have two children.  Of course, take that with a grain of salt.

They’re now my favorites because they’ve chosen not to exploit their kids or shill sham products instead of working.

• Like 4
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I read somewhere that Lauren and Josiah currently have two children.  Of course, take that with a grain of salt.

Lauren was noticeably pregnant the last time she appeared in one of her in-law's posts. I expect she's had that baby by now.  Good for them for keeping themselves and their family out of the public eye.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

I could be 100% wrong, but I don't buy this for one minute.

It's possible that Lauren is pregnant, but I doubt that she's given birth and there's been no announcement. JB is all about the numbers, and one more grandchild in his quiver is a big deal.

Unless Josiah has had a complete personality transplant and is now working in some capacity other than as a peon in Duggar Enterprises, his job is to do whatever JB tells him to do. It's not up to Josiah and Lauren whether or not their personal business becomes public, and I doubt that it would cross their minds that it actually is their decision.

All of the male Duggars have little/no social media presence, but we know all about their offspring.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I could be 100% wrong, but I don't buy this for one minute.

It's possible that Lauren is pregnant, but I doubt that she's given birth and there's been no announcement. JB is all about the numbers, and one more grandchild in his quiver is a big deal.

Unless Josiah has had a complete personality transplant and is now working in some capacity other than as a peon in Duggar Enterprises, his job is to do whatever JB tells him to do. It's not up to Josiah and Lauren whether or not their personal business becomes public, and I doubt that it would cross their minds that it actually is their decision.

All of the male Duggars have little/no social media presence, but we know all about their offspring.

Josiah and Lauren scrubbed their Instagram clean back in what 2020?  It was like as soon as they were not contractually obligated to post, they stopped.  I'm a bit fuzzy on the timeline these last couple of years, but a quick peek at the official Duggar Instagram shows a smattering of posts since Josh was found guilty.  The family is not posting the way they used to, like they have 3ish posts since January.  Some of the Duggar kids have been posting since December, but nothing like they did when the show was still on and even when the show was in network limbo.  They post because that's what young people do.  There's no more semblance of a schedule to them either (except for the Vuolos who actually have stuff to promote).  Josiah and Lauren decided not to share when they did not have to.  They could easily have expanded their family with Baby C, and no one outside of their circle would know.

• Like 8
  • Love 11

IIRC, Josiah and Lauren slowed their posting long before the show ended. They stopped showing new pics of Bella after they arrest and scrubbed their IG right before the trial. Their IG is now private.

Lauren was clearly pregnant at Katie's gender reveal and little True has already been born.

Joy slowed down her posting at the first of the year and I think has done one or two YT videos since then.

Kendra and Joe barely posted at all before and don't seem to post now.

IMO, Austin and Kendra don't care about fame and popularity and Lauren couldn't handle the negativity that came with it (no judgement there).

• Like 9
  • Love 9
(edited)

Yeah I don't remember the timing of when she did it, but I do remember seeing where people would notice that she was deleting a handful of images at a time because they'd check her profiles and see things missing. So, she didn't delete it all in one fell swoop but in increments. I think it was in the leadup to the trial so 2021 but don't quote me on that. 

Obviously have no clue what motivated it (would imagine it was likely several factors), but I think that unlike Jeremy and Jinger's performative disguising of their kids, Josiah and Lauren have truly shut down the public view into their lives and are trying to live privately. And if so, kudos to them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 20
On 3/27/2022 at 2:44 AM, Portia said:

Are you referring to the video of them in the car the day after their wedding?

I agree that JB is focused on the numbers. And I wouldn't be surprised if JB does, at some point, note that he has 25 grandchildren, and not just the 23 announced grandchildren. (Or, once Abbie gives birth, 26 grandchildren, not just the 24 announced grandchildren.) 

But I don't think that JB has the control over the adult Duggarlings that he once did. Even leaving Josh and the trial aside, they have the examples of at least three Duggarlings - Jill, Jinger and Justin - who have left JB's control, so they know this is a possibility.  I say "at least three," since we have a lot of evidence that several others are at least partly out of JB's control. 

The best evidence? Right here, with Josiah and Lauren deciding to completely turn their backs on the whole "we are going to live an extremely public life to show off our Christian values" thing, which JB kept insisting was the main point of the show and their social media. I think we can all agree that the main point was actually money, but JB at least claimed the idea was to set a public Christian example.

And I don't think that JB wants any of the kids breaking ranks still more. So, since he can always later mention the real number, it's in his interest right now, at least, to respect this "Yeah, we are so not interested in telling the general public anything right now." It keeps matters from breaking down still further.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

If the property sale is true or not, I have a problem with the speculation of them having a baby. What if she was pregnant, and lost the baby? What if she wasn’t pregnant  due to difficulty conceiving? 

I can’t stand The Sun.

• Love 1

Okay, I found a six acre lot in their names. But I am not familiar with the street. It's not the Duggars'. It does indicate Tontitown Lots. 

I think the land is adjacent to the Duggar back 40. They bought up a bunch of pasture land surrounding them over the years, probably so no prying eyes would move in.

20 hours ago, Absolom said:

It's The Sun again, right?  Either their writers live in tents or they're dumber than dirt.  

I believe the Sun is based in the UK, so a 6 acre lot and 1800 sq ft house probably is huge to them. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Josiah and Lauren have just less than 6 "massive" acres surrounded by 60 acres of jb and meech trust acres.

Should Josiah and Lauren choose to build a house and live there, the important thing folks, is that it is just a walk through the back 40 to the Burress home should either family need a neighborly midnight delivery of pepto bismal. 

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

I believe the Sun is based in the UK, so a 6 acre lot and 1800 sq ft house probably is huge to them. 

My two closest neighborhood parks growing up in Brooklyn are about 24 acres each. One of them contains an Olympic sized pool. I would consider a lot that is 1/4 the size of a pretty big park to be quite a large lot for one house to be on also.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

An acre is about the size of a football field.

But when building an acre is not always an acre. Is it 6 acres in a row and they all back up to a highway? Are they in a line the other way, so you could only build a house with a very, very long backyard? Are 5 of the acres marshland?  Is it sloped, rocky, next to a cell phone tower?

Of course it could be a nice square corner lot ideal for building quite a few homes, or one home with a lot of land.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

But that could be anybody's baby. Hell, it could be Lauren's youngest sibling. 

Not on a hayride. You tend to your own kids. Even Joe has a couple of his. Kendra is not on the hayride or she is out of camera range, so we don't know if she's also tending to a baby.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think Kendra's mother might have had two children since Kendra was married.  I hope it's not more than that.

She did-- a boy around the same time as Kendra's first, and a girl around the same time as Kendra's third. So following that pattern, she should be gearing up to have another when Kendra has #5... (I hope I'm joking, but she's 43, so it's still possible...)

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 8

I know the girls really well, but I am fuzzy with all the little boys who have grown up and married.  I have to go check the list.  Josh and JD standout, as well as Jackson, but those in between have gotten fuzzy, since the show went off.  Does anyone know of a photo chart that has little boy photos with current photo next to it?  

48 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know the girls really well, but I am fuzzy with all the little boys who have grown up and married.  I have to go check the list.  Josh and JD standout, as well as Jackson, but those in between have gotten fuzzy, since the show went off.  Does anyone know of a photo chart that has little boy photos with current photo next to it?  

Does the Lily Duggar Blog still exist?

• Love 1
On 11/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Not on a hayride. You tend to your own kids. Even Joe has a couple of his. Kendra is not on the hayride or she is out of camera range, so we don't know if she's also tending to a baby.

Why NOT on a hayride? Maybe they offered to bring Elusive Sibling along for the fun. Saying with absolute certainty that "you tend to your own kids," in an extended family with dozens of kids, is silly. 

• Like 5
On 11/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, GeeGolly said:

Lauren looks to be baby-wearing there. I'm guessing its her baby. She was definitely pregnant at Katey's reveal so if Truett is 6 months, I'm guessing this little tot is nearing a year.

Occam's Razor, right? Sure, "it could be anyone's baby" but the most likely explanation is that it's Lauren and Josiah's. 

• Like 3