Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I assume that people in countries where it’s not pronounced Hay-soos, think it would be a sacrilegious choice of theirs to make.  If you can’t tell the difference when people talk about them...

I must confess, as an ignorant redneck kid, the first time I saw Jesus as a given name, it was on a bus list for some activity. The adult I was with said, "Now, we're going to go pick up Hay-soos," and in my mind, I was like, "Lady, you're crazy-- that's Jesus!" LOLOL Then we picked him up and I realized it really was pronounced Hay-soos after all.

And that's how I learned to pronounce the Hispanic name Jesus. 🙂 

I . . . am not entirely sure the Duggars have ever been around the Hispanic community enough to ever realize this. 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is the one that was in the bathroom when Jill gave Derick a haircut.

1E89B304-84A4-49EE-95CB-0433CCF6CDFF.jpeg

At first glance, that photo looks like JB wearing a brown sweater, with a chimpanzee on his back, with its arms around his neck!  

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
Just now, awaken said:

At first glance, that photo looks like JB wearing a brown sweater, with a chimpanzee on his back, with its arms around his neck!  

Jim Bob: The Lost Jane Goodall Years

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Yeah,  was trying to figure out what was growing out the side of his head. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Am I remembering correctly, that this JB/Meech photo was on the bathroom wall in that nice house where Jill and Derick lived when they were first married and he was working at Walmart? I don't recall that it's been spotted on their walls since then.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I have yet to meet a Filipino woman who has a saint's name. They all have creatively spelled virtue names or two completely unrelated names smushed together.

I know a couple of Filipino women named Maria, but they both have 'virtuous' middle names.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Why are they wearing those big coats inside the house? They couldn’t take them off before grabbing the baby?

oops I just read her explanation. I guess they just couldn’t wait to hold that baby after all...

Or they couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there, that’s why they left there coats on. Also since when does Michelle hold anyone else’s babies? She didn’t even like to hold her own. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PuffinFizz said:

Or they couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there, that’s why they left there coats on. Also since when does Michelle hold anyone else’s babies? She didn’t even like to hold her own. 

Stem cell therapy regenerated her back muscle. You didn’t hear?

• LOL 19

Having JimBlobs picture in the bathrooms and the girls room is creepy AF. So many kinds of wrong. Like daddy is always watching you. No masterbation going on in the bathroom with that looking at you. Maybe that's why he did it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

#speaklife ? What kind of hashtag is that?

In Christian circles, it usually means to speak in love and kindness, a reference to the plethora of verses about the power of the tongue to destroy or build up. It's also a popular TobyMac song.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Only Christian babies are wanted and the rest are just lucky they were born?

A reference to the rest of us regular people “despising motherhood”. 🙄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do we think Lauren or 'Siah makes these posts? Doesn't Lauren supposedly have some college education? Perhaps enough to know that "coos" does not require an apostrophe? </petpeeve>

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Cute baby.  Too bad she will never learn how to use apostrophes if her mother home schools her. 🙄

Hey Lauren:  It's coos, not coo's.

ETA: @jcbrown: Great minds think alike! 😉

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 13

As an English teacher, the errors bother me. However, I know many people with graduate degrees who make errors like this. It should be "coos just melt our hearts." I recommend the grammar mastery course on Khan Academy online to anyone who wants a refresher. 

• Love 14

I wonder if they'll dress the babies in breezy dresses and replicate the pregnant moms photo shoot after Abbie has her little girl?

If they wait until March, Ivy will be 10 months, Bella, Addison and Maryella will be 4 months and baby Aviation will be 2 months. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oddly enough, though, Slavic countries are at least as Catholic as Hispanic ones, but "Jesus" is never used. 

Jesus is also how one says “Jesse” in Spanish. It doesn’t just translate to Jesus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, OpieTaylor said:

And it’s not even a pic of their dad as the kids know him, but when he was a teenager. That bathroom at the TTH is part of the girls’ dorm, right? It’s like having a pic of your teen crush (but it’s your dad 🤮)

He thinks he's the Fundie/even more Christian Donnie Osmond.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:01 PM, awaken said:

It is that exactly.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, drafan said:

He thinks he's the Fundie/even more Christian Donnie Osmond.

It is that exactly.

please, i beg you!!!!  do not put him (or any dugger) in the same category as donny osmond.  i dont think i could take it!!!!  (donny was my fave when i was a girl).

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Pants! Neutral colors! I know we all hoped that the Duggars would have the rebels but clearly it's the Bates kids who have broken away. They are the ones that will ease into more mainstream Christian culture and the grandkids will be even further away from Gothard and Fundamentalism. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Pants! Neutral colors! I know we all hoped that the Duggars would have the rebels but clearly it's the Bates kids who have broken away. They are the ones that will ease into more mainstream Christian culture and the grandkids will be even further away from Gothard and Fundamentalism. 

Don’t let their appearances fool you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Don’t let their appearances fool you.

Yep. In fact I would argue the Bateses are more likely to keep their brood in the fold by "relaxing" the rules.

The Duggars may have relaxed things a bit but I suspect we will see more fallout with JB being as rigid as he is rumored to be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

The Bates kids have yet to do anything that convinces me that any of them are anywhere close to leaving fundiehood, even with the haircuts, shorter skirts, pants, etc. Also I don't remember anyone being against neutral colors? 

• Love 9
Just now, Portia said:

It's a largely irrational peeve, I admit, but that "I just want to keep them little" business has always made me want to puke. Yes, 6-month-olds are adorable, but preschoolers are amazing, too...as are 7-year-olds, 11-year-olds, and even teenagers. Change is what children do, and watching them develop is a great joy. (And as an added bonus, they sometimes grow up to have babies of their own I'm cuddling one at this very moment. 🥰

I couldn't agree with you more.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Portia said:

It's a largely irrational peeve, I admit, but that "I just want to keep them little" business has always made me want to puke. Yes, 6-month-olds are adorable, but preschoolers are amazing, too...as are 7-year-olds, 11-year-olds, and even teenagers. Change is what children do, and watching them develop is a great joy. (And as an added bonus, they sometimes grow up to have babies of their own. I'm cuddling one at this very moment. 🥰

I completely understand what you are saying, and of course, it’s true. But I’d be a complete hypocrite if I didn’t admit to saying I want my kids or grands to stay little more than once. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

I completely understand what you are saying, and of course, it’s true. But I’d be a complete hypocrite if I didn’t admit to saying I want my kids or grands to stay little more than once. 🙄

I understand the sentiment too. I have said to my adult sons I wish I could go back in time and give their little boy selves another hug and maybe be more patient. They look at each other and then at me like I am nuts. But I feel like my life after their father ditched me for someone else was unhinged til I got my life together. 

• Love 19
On 1/20/2020 at 6:11 PM, lookeyloo said:

I understand the sentiment too. I have said to my adult sons I wish I could go back in time and give their little boy selves another hug and maybe be more patient. They look at each other and then at me like I am nuts. But I feel like my life after their father ditched me for someone else was unhinged til I got my life together. 

Are we the same person?  My life went downhill after my ex-husband left me for someone else and I feel I wasn't fully there mentally for several years after.  Now that my boys are 18 & 21, I keep telling them I wish I could go back to them being little and have more patience, more living in the moment instead of worrying all the time.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Are we the same person?  My life went downhill after my ex-husband left me for someone else and I feel I wasn't fully there mentally for several years after.  Now that my boys are 18 & 21, I keep telling them I wish I could go back to them being little and have more patience, more living in the moment instead of worrying all the time.  

I feel the same. My husband left me when my son was 6. I was working and just kind of finding myself too. He spent a lot of time with my parents. I wish I could go back to that little boy and do so much more with him, to be more patient with him.

I remember he dropped a glass of root beer float on the carpet and I was so angry with him. I yelled and he cried. I still see it all in my mind and it makes me so sad. His life was so upended and I had to be a jerk, but my life was upended too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I can so relate to you!  I spent so much time crying, worrying, trying to figure out my life and really thought I would die of a broken heart. I took care of them but with only part of me. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

I can so relate to you!  I spent so much time crying, worrying, trying to figure out my life and really thought I would die of a broken heart. I took care of them but with only part of me. 

Hugs! So many times I felt alone, I had no idea others had experienced the same. The fact that you feel bad shows what a great mom you are. I don’t want to get off topic but if you need to talk ever, PM me. ❤️

To keep it on topic, Lauren (and other Duggarlings) are so sheltered, they’ll probably never have any real life problems like heartbreak and parenting alone.  At times I think they’re lucky, but they’re not. How do you grow? They’ll never have major, life altering situations to learn from. 

• Love 10