Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

On 12/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Barb23 said:

I was just going to comment on the vests.  I think they are OK for a 5 yr old but don't think it's a good look for a 2 month old.  I'm thinking it would be difficult holding onto the baby while she is wearing one.  The vests look like they would move around & you would have to grab the baby underneath the vest to get a good grip, especially if they are wiggling. 

I'm going to guess that the vests were just for the pictures.

• Love 2
On 12/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, galaxychaser said:

Why fundies don’t name their sons Jesus? 

Since "Jesus" is traditionally used as a boy's name by Hispanic families, people like the Duggars probably regard it as "too Catholic".

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

The SiRen pairing never seemed suitable in any way.  Was it just a favor that one patriarch owed the other?  

I think Lauren was offered up to all eligible Duggar males, but the twins weren't interested so she ended up with Si.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Since "Jesus" is traditionally used as a boy's name by Hispanic families, people like the Duggars probably regard it as "too Catholic".

Also it was seen as sacrilegious by many Christians. In non-Hispanic cultures, it's seen almost as naming your kid God. Kind of blasphemous. 

49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Lauren was offered up to all eligible Duggar males, but the twins weren't interested so she ended up with Si.

They were very invested in finding Josiah a wife for a long time. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Oddly enough, though, Slavic countries are at least as Catholic as Hispanic ones, but "Jesus" is never used. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oddly enough, though, Slavic countries are at least as Catholic as Hispanic ones, but "Jesus" is never used. 

That's very true. We have a pretty sizable Hispanic population where I live in Arkansas, so Jesus isn't an unheard of name here. But I never see other Catholics from different ethnic groups using that name. In fact, I can't say I've ever heard it among the devoutly Catholic Filipinos I know. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Though the drama llama potential of Lawson and Lauren truly intrigues me, I think they are too similar to stand each other. Superficial narcissists don't want another superficial narcissist stealing attention and would resent not being fawned over. In the marriage retreat ep I watched, Josiah and Lauren both admitted to being very stubborn and clashing frequently, and I think that's even with Josiah fairly meekly tolerating a lot of Lauren's bullshit. I don't think Lawson would be that meek because he'd be hellbent in not being upstaged, and ditto for Lauren with him.

I think if Lauren were fighting Lawson for attention,  it would basically be WWIII-level fights. Great for reality show drama, but I imagine they wouldn't be able to stand each other in person for that reason. In my experience people with their personalities seek out someone who will blow sunshine up their ass--and recognize potential competition right away.

Yes, I suppose it would result in a situation like Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson.  "Fighting for the mirror" was what he supposedly said about their marriage.  I just see Lauren as the type who would want a pretty boy partner, for her photo album.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, I suppose it would result in a situation like Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson.  "Fighting for the mirror" was what he supposedly said about their marriage.  I just see Lauren as the type who would want a pretty boy partner, for her photo album.  

And maybe so does Lawson.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I had a very vivid dream last night that Lauren decided she was sick of the cult, marriage, and told me she had to defer to her husband for every decision regarding what to eat, wear, watch on TV etc.  I was going to help her get out, but she had to go through some type of a hearing.  I was testifying for her and kept calling MEshelle Queen Uterus, and saying that nobody should have to have a baby every year for 20 years and nobody’s uterus should go through that.  It was very bizarre but very vivid and it has been stuck in my head all day.

• LOL 10
On 12/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, Zella said:

That's very true. We have a pretty sizable Hispanic population where I live in Arkansas, so Jesus isn't an unheard of name here. But I never see other Catholics from different ethnic groups using that name. In fact, I can't say I've ever heard it among the devoutly Catholic Filipinos I know. 

I have yet to meet a Filipino woman who has a saint's name. They all have creatively spelled virtue names or two completely unrelated names smushed together.

I'm trying to imagine Lauren and Lawson together and I just can't. They would constantly be fighting for mirror time and one would eventually end up scratching the other's eyes out. And then Lawson would have to go to jail.

• LOL 9

Anyone else wonder if that isn’t a very expensive toupee? It’s riding awfully high on his scalp and it’s suspiciously perfect.

P.S. Way to suck up, SiLauren. No shunning for you...for now...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anyone else wonder if that isn’t a very expensive toupee? It’s riding awfully high on his scalp and it’s suspiciously perfect.

P.S. Way to suck up, SiLauren. No shunning for you...for now...

JB has a helmet head due to his love of copious amounts of hairspray.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Why are they wearing those big coats inside the house? They couldn’t take them off before grabbing the baby?

oops I just read her explanation. I guess they just couldn’t wait to hold that baby after all...

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Love 1

Lolli?  Is that what they call Ma Kettle?  Huh?

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Maternal genetics. Michelle’s shitty hair genes won, handily.

I commented once that the balding gene was on the mother's side, like color blindness.  Mother to son.  I was told that I was wrong.  Apparently, in the Duggar's case, I was right.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Blob has great hair. Most of his sons don’t. What happened? 🤣🤣🤣

Hair club for patriarchical men.  You don’t think he would spend money on his own vanity?  Or better, do you think Michelle would be caught dead with a bald guy?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Lolli?  Is that what they call Ma Kettle?  Huh?

I commented once that the balding gene was on the mother's side, like color blindness.  Mother to son.  I was told that I was wrong.  Apparently, in the Duggar's case, I was right.

I believe you are correct though.   The hair loss  gene is passed through the mother’s family.   My grandfather (maternal) started balding rapidly at age 22 and my son started at 21.   My husband and his brother started losing hair in mid forties, only their mother’s side of the family had that issue. 

Edited to add - I’m leaning towards believing JB has a toupee as well.  It’s crossed my mind for a few years now. 

Edited by tabloidlover
Spelling counts!
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Jim Bob had quite a mop of poofy 80s hair in their wedding pictures--I came across one online just the other day and was a little jealous of the volume, though it looked ridiculous. LOL 

I can totally see him clinging to that and getting a toupee as it starts to thin. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jim Bob had quite a mop of poofy 80s hair in their wedding pictures--I came across one online just the other day and was a little jealous of the volume, though it looked ridiculous. LOL 

I can totally see him clinging to that and getting a toupee as it starts to thin. 

Are you talking about the picture of Jim Bob that Jill keeps in her bathroom?  I’m hoping therapy will eliminate that too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, JoanArc said:

Are you talking about the picture of Jim Bob that Jill keeps in her bathroom?  I’m hoping therapy will eliminate that too.

Oh I don't know if it is that one! LOL Let me see if I can find it. 

Yeah, she definitely needs to trash that. 

@JoanArc I found it quickly via the power of Google. Is this the same one in the bathroom?

michelle-jim-bob-wedding-pictures.jpg?fi

Just now, Zella said:

Oh I don't know if it is that one! LOL Let me see if I can find it. 

Yeah, she definitely needs to trash that. 

I’m pretty sure it is. I was think of it as “the last picture Jim Bob ever looked good in”.  No small coincidence it’s right before they hooked up with a cult.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

TTH has a fire alarm? At least I think that's what the red thing on the wall is. Maybe it was church this morning?

Seeing pictures of their church, I doubt that rinky dink building has a fire alarm. I guess where they are will remain a mystery. 😀 

• Love 4
Just now, JoanArc said:

I’m pretty sure it is. I was think of it as “the last picture Jim Bob ever looked good in”.  No small coincidence it’s right before they hooked up with a cult.

Yeah after looking at it again, it's not quite as awful as I'd thought the first time around. I also just rewatched Dances with Wolves, so Costner's mullet in that, if nothing else, reminds me of how much worse JB's hair coulda looked at the time. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Yes, Jill and Derreck had a picture of Michelle and Jim Bob hanging in the bathroom. It is weird as it sounds.

Thankfully, that seems to have stopped. Jill just hangs her own shit in the bathroom now.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

8jx1nestmp821.jpg

I found this one, which is the sinks in the TTH. I know Jill had another picture in her private restroom, which Zella posted.

You have to admit, Jim Bob and Michelle do make a pretty good laxative combination.

• LOL 18
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thankfully, that seems to have stopped. Jill just hangs her own shit in the bathroom now.

OH maybe Jill's recent bathroom pic--as ridiculous as it was--had a much deeper meaning in showing what wasn't in the bathroom anymore. 

Just now, JoanArc said:

8jx1nestmp821.jpg

I found this one, which is the sinks in the TTH. I know Jill had another picture in her private restroom, which Zella posted.

You have to admit, Jim Bob and Michelle do make a pretty good laxative combination.

Bahahahahahahahaha I must confess, it's never dawned on me to put anyone's picture in the bathroom. WTF!

• Love 17
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

I love my dad. I really do. I don't want to look at a picture of him every day when I brush my teeth, apply my Burt's Bees moisturizer, or take a shit. 

And it’s not even a pic of their dad as the kids know him, but when he was a teenager. That bathroom at the TTH is part of the girls’ dorm, right? It’s like having a pic of your teen crush (but it’s your dad 🤮)

4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

And it’s not even a pic of their dad as the kids know him, but when he was a teenager. That bathroom at the TTH is part of the girls’ dorm, right? It’s like having a pic of your teen crush (but it’s your dad 🤮)

Ugh--good point!

• Love 3