Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In addition to Lauren, I see the Duggar family, including Amy, Grandma, Anna and Meredith. Did Lauren tag along with the Duggars on some field trip? Where are they?

They are at the Holocaust  Museum, in Washington DC.

• Useful 4
22 hours ago, Namaste said:

So courting Marjorie Jackson was just a brief detour on the journey to wedded bliss with Lauren. 🙄

To really crush someone’s spirit you have to let them think they’re going to escape before you bring the hammer down on their head.😕

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A little odd that she tagged along solo.

I think some of those kids are Lauren's siblings. The picture is kind of small and it's long enough ago that I can't quite get a handle on which young Duggar might be which among the little kids, but some of those kids are definitely Swansons, especially the little girl standing next to Jana. And isn't that Lauren's dad in the way back on the right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

For all Lauren's insensitivity and self-centredness, I feel for her with Bella's birth. I doubt she was told what to really expect given that fundies think sex ed is dangerous and talk about birth as a blessed event etc etc. She's expecting to go through a beautiful, spiritual process and instead she's in incredible pain with a failed epidural and a difficult birth. That's got to be a hell of a come down. She's stuck with Michelle who clearly doesn't care for her given the miscarriage conversation and Siah who she doesn't really like. The most stressful time of her life and she doesn't have her mum or anyone she actually likes for support. 

And as much as we snark on her drama queen behaviour, I think that she struggled with the miscarriage. This birth would have been super emotional and she may well have been scared that something could go wrong again. She never got any kind of professional help to work through her pain at the miscarriage or her feelings about being pregnant with Bella. 

All in all, she's going through an emotionally difficult birth without any real support and then the birth is painful and likely not what she was expecting. That's tough for anyone, let alone for someone with no coping skills. 

Yeah I just saw pictures from the birth in an article, and she really looked miserable and exhausted. And I don't think it was her exaggerating. I think she was sincerely miserable and exhausted and you're right probable frightened. 

I think Lauren's a drama queen bitch--I am still marveling at how awful she was in the one episode I watched recently--but I never felt comfortable ridiculing her for her grief over the miscarriage.

I think her mourning for it became very unhealthy and that she was not always very gracious about it, but I do think she was genuinely devastated over her miscarriage, and I would never feel comfortable saying that just because she hadn't reached a certain point in her pregnancy that she was overreacting to feel genuinely bereaved for that loss. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20

I thought Lauren's mother was there with her during labor.  Michelle was grabbing the camera time for sure though.  I'd have kicked anyone holding a towel around my throat like Michelle was.  It looked like Michelle was trying to choke her.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Absolom said:

I thought Lauren's mother was there with her during labor.  Michelle was grabbing the camera time for sure though.  I'd have kicked anyone holding a towel around my throat like Michelle was.  It looked like Michelle was trying to choke her.  

Ahhh that makes sense. Either way, it was clearly difficult and painful even without the added baggage of her previous miscarriage. She's still so young in many ways. 

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yikes, Lauren certainly had an awkward phase, didn’t she?

I don't think she's grown out of it yet, but that's just my opinion.

I only wanted Mr. X with me when I gave birth.  We were the only ones at her conception, after all!

Michelle had to horn in on Lauren's experience, and for that, I felt sorry for the poor girl. 

• Love 19

These children are taught nothing but religious dogma that says there is only one path and that if they stay on it, everything will be just perfect and magical.

The transition to adulthood is hard for most teens. I can’t imagine how disconcerting it must be to these brainwashed brood sows to be in extraordinary pain and fear after being fed all of these lies about how this is their only purpose in life.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

To really crush someone’s spirit you have to let them think they’re going to escape before you bring the hammer down on their head.😕

Yeah...that's the tragic part of the whole thing. Because for those saturated with the kool aid, it no doubt seems a blessing never to come to think of it...And if you ever reach the moment you think to raise your head above, it may still seem a blessing to find a way to remain...But, assuming the rest of us are not actually deceived by Satan, there's so much more out there which it seems a crime not to examine...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChocolateAddict said:

For all Lauren's insensitivity and self-centredness, I feel for her with Bella's birth. I doubt she was told what to really expect given that fundies think sex ed is dangerous and talk about birth as a blessed event etc etc. She's expecting to go through a beautiful, spiritual process and instead she's in incredible pain with a failed epidural and a difficult birth. That's got to be a hell of a come down. She's stuck with Michelle who clearly doesn't care for her given the miscarriage conversation and Siah who she doesn't really like. Although she's got her mum, this would be the most stressful time of her life and she's got an uncaring MIL and distant husband there for support. 

And as much as we snark on her drama queen behaviour, I think that she struggled with the miscarriage. This birth would have been super emotional and she may well have been scared that something could go wrong again. She never got any kind of professional help to work through her pain at the miscarriage or her feelings about being pregnant with Bella. 

All in all, she's going through an emotionally difficult birth and then the birth is painful and likely not what she was expecting. That's tough for anyone, let alone for someone with no coping skills. 

While I was reading this I flashed back on Jill's preparations before Izzy was born. She created a little cork board with Bible verses for inspiration to get her through labor. She had actually attended some births, but she was so 100% certain that Jesus' loved her more than anyone else and a few prayers would be all she needed to protect her.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lauren had believed something similar about her own situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

While I was reading this I flashed back on Jill's preparations before Izzy was born. She created a little cork board with Bible verses for inspiration to get her through labor. She had actually attended some births, but she was so 100% certain that Jesus' loved her more than anyone else and a few prayers would be all she needed to protect her.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lauren had believed something similar about her own situation.

To be fair, had she had no complications, those preparations might have easily been enough to keep her feeling just as blessed as she had in the beginning. And the same holds true for Lauren. If I believed in God, I might be tempted to feel that he had thrown a few roadblocks in their way just to remind them that they do actually need to put some real thought into their lives. And given that I don't, it makes it even more clear that people in general need to actually keep real life in mind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Someone giving birth that isn't Michelle Duggar? Meech was probably thinking about it.

Michelle is only there to mug for the camera at this point. A disinterested house cat would be more helpful than Michelle Duggar. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

For all Lauren's insensitivity and self-centredness, I feel for her with Bella's birth. I doubt she was told what to really expect given that fundies think sex ed is dangerous and talk about birth as a blessed event etc etc. She's expecting to go through a beautiful, spiritual process and instead she's in incredible pain with a failed epidural and a difficult birth. That's got to be a hell of a come down. She's stuck with Michelle who clearly doesn't care for her given the miscarriage conversation and Siah who she doesn't really like. Although she's got her mum, this would be the most stressful time of her life and she's got an uncaring MIL and distant husband there for support. 

All in all, she's going through an emotionally difficult birth and then the birth is painful and likely not what she was expecting. That's tough for anyone, let alone for someone with no coping skills. 

What miscarriage conversation?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

What miscarriage conversation?

The Asa box awkwardness where Michelle is basically a bump on a log while Lauren cries. Lauren talks about how much she's wanted to share the memory box with her and Michelle vaguely mutters about how nice it all is. Given Michelle doesn't particularly care about her own kids, the daughters-in-law aren't getting much love. 

I like Lauren. Well, about as much as I can like any of these close-minded bigots. There is something sober and vulnerable about her that I find appealing.  I've really only seen her in short episode clips, but I did watch the birth episode. I thought she seemed perfectly composed through the whole thing, no drama antics of any kind. I was surprised to see how attentive Josiah was. He generally was the ideal doting husband you'd want in labor and delivery. Maybe his attentiveness was performative, especially for the cameras, but to me, a viewer who's not seen much of their relationship, they seem to have a real connection. Whether that is true in reality, who knows.

If there is a hell, it is being in labor with two failed epidurals and Michelle's voice in your ear for the rest of eternity.

I will never forget Josh seeing fit to take a short nap when Anna was in labor with Mackynzie, while Michelle, Jill, and even Princess Jessa, if I recall correctly, stayed up with Anna.

And finally, I hope Lauren pronounces Bella Milagro as it's supposed to be pronounced, with an accent. I applaud her for it, especially when she does it in front of of Jim Bob "I say hola in Nepal" Duggar.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 12/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, ChocolateAddict said:

I watched the birth special clips and found Josiah to be very attentive and supportive. I’m not a huge fan of Lauren because of her drama queen behavior after the miscarriage but I think Josiah is a good guy and probably the best of the Duggar boys. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Josiah and especially Lauren look legitimately happy and at ease, which is more than can be said about most of their pictures. Maybe parenthood is actually agreeing with them.

They’re probably too tired to argue. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Lauren looks very pretty in that picture.

I do as well. And such a cute yawn they caught with Bella. Lauren is an immature young woman, and a PIA for the most part to me, but her labor looked awful. Failed epidurals and Meechelle there.. Yeesh. 

• Love 13

I don't think anything is coming out of the diaper; I think we can just see way too much of the diaper (or diaper covering? Or whatever she's wearing down there...) because the white onesie is so darn huge. You can see the sleeves are way too long, too. This was an issue in the last full-on picture they posted, as well. I guess she's a really tiny baby and nothing fits?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

She's really cute! I like their simple wrapping for gifts too. There! I said something positive 😊

I was about to say, I like Lauren's taste. Her decor is clean and simple, but cohesive. I think this is the look Jessa was striving for but couldn't pull off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I was just going to comment on the vests.  I think they are OK for a 5 yr old but don't think it's a good look for a 2 month old.  I'm thinking it would be difficult holding onto the baby while she is wearing one.  The vests look like they would move around & you would have to grab the baby underneath the vest to get a good grip, especially if they are wiggling. 

• Love 7

I just thought of a question that pertains to Lauren and the Swansons, in general.  Why did Dwain? (think that's the Swanson Grand Poobah's name) steer Lauren toward the Duggars instead of the Bates men?  Lawson Bates in particular, from what I've seen, would have been ideal for Lauren, who seems superficial as all get out, just like she appears.

The SiRen pairing never seemed suitable in any way.  Was it just a favor that one patriarch owed the other?  

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I just thought of a question that pertains to Lauren and the Swansons, in general.  Why did Dwain? (think that's the Swanson Grand Poobah's name) steer Lauren toward the Duggars instead of the Bates men?  Lawson Bates in particular, from what I've seen, would have been ideal for Lauren, who seems superficial as all get out, just like she appears.

The SiRen pairing never seemed suitable in any way.  Was it just a favor that one patriarch owed the other?  

Though the drama llama potential of Lawson and Lauren truly intrigues me, I think they are too similar to stand each other. Superficial narcissists don't want another superficial narcissist stealing attention and would resent not being fawned over. In the marriage retreat ep I watched, Josiah and Lauren both admitted to being very stubborn and clashing frequently, and I think that's even with Josiah fairly meekly tolerating a lot of Lauren's bullshit. I don't think Lawson would be that meek because he'd be hellbent in not being upstaged, and ditto for Lauren with him.

I think if Lauren were fighting Lawson for attention,  it would basically be WWIII-level fights. Great for reality show drama, but I imagine they wouldn't be able to stand each other in person for that reason. In my experience people with their personalities seek out someone who will blow sunshine up their ass--and recognize potential competition right away.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9