Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Getting pregnant quickly right after was really helpful for me, and honestly about a month or two after I had my miscarriage I rarely thought about it. Now with a 15 month old I often forget that it happened.

Having a separate special cake with a made up name and sex of the baby never in a million years crossed my mind. it is morbid and weird. 

It probably worked for you because you handled it better, not saying you didn't mourn but it would never have crossed your mind to have a cake at the baby shower. We all react to things differently. In Lauren's case, she should have taken time to mourn and get back on her feet. This cake was as you say morbid and weird. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8

I do have to hand it to her though: she's definitely taking "life begins at conception" to its logical extreme.  Which doesn't make it less crazy or make me less sorry for that poor little baby once she's born, but still, she's staying truer to their belief system than others have been. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I do have to hand it to her though: she's definitely taking "life begins at conception" to its logical extreme.  Which doesn't make it less crazy or make me less sorry for that poor little baby once she's born, but still, she's staying truer to their belief system than others have been. 

I guess that is one way to look at it, but we never saw this from Anna or Michelle and we all know they have drunk lots of Kool-aid. 

• Love 7

Like I said, I'm not implying it's not crazy; it is.  It's just that her behavior is more logically consistent with their belief system than others, though I'm not sure Michelle wouldn't/didn't do the same thing with Caleb.

• Love 5

Someone should comment at how progressive it was that they chose a gender for their child! 

Edited to add: she likely did so because they’ll name the girl “Milagro” for her middle name and based on her rules Asa would’ve had to be Milagro alive or not if it were a girl. 

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill wore the ugly green pants 🤣.

They actually don't look so bad in the picture, wrinkled yes, but they look like they fit better. 

4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And I have been rendered nauseous.

While I get the 'life begins at conception' set of beliefs, why would one have a special cake to commemorate a miscarriage at a baby shower?  Suppose that the pregnancy had continued to term and then Lauren got pregnant again.  Would there be a 'Big Brother' cake for the older child at the shower then?  And why would a miscarriage need a cake, of all things?  If their tradition is not to provide individual cakes to all of the living siblings, then there shouldn't be commemoration of the lost pregnancies either.

I presume that the shower, and therefore the cake, was provided by others and that Lauren didn't bring it.  I would also presume that it was done because Lauren made it very clear that she expected this.  Just as she expects everyone to refer to her miscarriage by name/gender despite the fact that there is no way to verify those facts. 

I do worry about Lauren's mental health, that nearly a year later, and in the midst of a thus far healthy pregnancy; she seems unnecessarily fixated on her early pregnancy loss.  And I am also wondering about the family and friends who are willingly participating in her fixation and even encouraging it.

If this were the case, if they had a shower for Josie (did they?), there would have been 19 little case (counting Caleb of course). 

Maybe Lauren will lose this fixation when the baby is born. Heck, by the time she is in double digits she might not remember the ones that are alive. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I agree 100%!  I too wonder if Lauren is mentally ill.  She should not have gotten pregnant again so quickly if she was still so deeply in mourning for her early miscarriage.  I don't think she'd be having this particular precious girl if that pregnancy had gone to term.  

She had to have the two cakes because otherwise people may not have remembered to both congratulate her on her happy pregnancy and also give her their deepest sympathy for her recent terrible loss.......

Two dollops of attention for Lauren -- world-class attention sponge --  from just one party. Best of all possible worlds.

She may have gotten so many strokes of dopamine-boosting attention from that maneuver she'll secretly hope to have a miscarriage between each pair of pregnancies she carries to term. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

She had to have the two cakes because otherwise people may not have remembered to both congratulate her on her happy pregnancy and also give her their deepest sympathy for her recent terrible loss.......

Two dollops of attention for Lauren -- world-class attention sponge --  from just one party. Best of all possible worlds.

She may have gotten so many strokes of dopamine-boosting attention from that maneuver she'll secretly hope to have a miscarriage between each pair of pregnancies she carries to term. 

I didn't think about the attention she is getting. Poor Lauren bravely having another baby after such a loss. And there is poor Joy, who actually held her stillborn infant in her arms

• Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I do worry about Lauren's mental health, that nearly a year later, and in the midst of a thus far healthy pregnancy; she seems unnecessarily fixated on her early pregnancy loss.  And I am also wondering about the family and friends who are willingly participating in her fixation and even encouraging it.

I think this, too.  Lauren's mental state needs more than what she's getting.  Prayers are wonderful but when you can't deal with something tragic on your own you need a really good mental health professional.  This will never happen.  It's easier for her friends and family to go along with what they're doing.

• Love 5

I think the cake thing at her shower really shows that she is way over the edge. I wonder how Joy is dealing with all of this. She actually held her stillborn baby in her arms. 

I also know women who have had miscarriages. None of them... NONE OF THEM... ever had a cake for said miscarriage at their baby shower. 

Something is wrong with that girl. 

• Love 15

I was thinking that the firstborns in this family at least has some special time with their parents. To be the only one and have that bit of special to them...... This little girl already already has a built in older brother! 

• Love 4

I want to see the "very special episode" where Joy goes off on Lauren and tells Lauren she had a heavy period, nothing like what Joy went through. 
Count me in on worrying about Lauren's mental health.  I can already imagine she is going to have postpartum depression, but because of Jesus she can't do anything other than get pregnant again. 
I also wonder how long Josiah is going to be able to deal with her drama until he escapes - maybe not physically but emotionally (yeah, I know he is already heading that direction).  
As bad as Derrick and Jill are, these are the two I can imagine seeing on an episode of Snapped or Dateline.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Sadly, she isn't allowed time to mourn but has to get right back on that baby train, because God forbid she tries to prevent a pregnancy. And I'm sure she wouldn't have it any other way. I think she is suffering from depression but of course that doesn't exist when you have Jesus.

Imagine she grows up with that knowledge. Will she feel they wanted Asa more?  

The thing is, I think Josiah would have given her time to mourn. He doesn't strike me as a "my way or the highway" type of guy. 

This is all Lauren's doing because she's afraid of Jesus and she doesn't have much in the way of critical thinking skills. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Having a cake for a miscarriage ( and a very early miscarriage at that) is so completely fucked up! Is Lauren mentally ill? That is the only explanation I can think of for doing something like this. 

I went through nearly the exact situation- I had a miscarriage then got pregnant pretty quickly after with my daughter...I just cannot wrap my head around this..truly.

Question- how on earth does Joy tolerate being around her? It has to be so hard to have to always acknowledge Lauren's heavy period when Joy had a devastating loss of her own. Additionally, why is Lauren's family allowing this Asa insanity to continue? Many women in Lauren's direct circles have had miscarriages ( Anna, Michelle, Joy(stillbith)) and I am sure many others as early miscarriage is super common. 

How are they acting around her? Has nobody said hey this is kind of weird?? I am worried Lauren's mental health will decline even more once her new baby gets here, postpartum does a lot of weird stuff to your emotions and she already seems unstable.

IMO, Josiah should be the one to put a stop to this crazy-attention-whore behavior of Lauren’s.  Her behavior regarding the miscarriage is beyond the pale.

• Love 9

Jill looks lost in that photo.  Maybe it was just a moment in time and she was fine, but in that one snapshot she looks alone and out of place.  I wonder if she feels strange wearing pants around her parents and at a fundie event, and around that crowd knowing that she's likely using birth control and they disapprove of her not being pregnant.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

The Daily Mail has a story about Lauren and Josiah posting their baby gift registry on IG and that people are up-in-arms about it.  I checked and their IG appears to have been scrubbed clean of negative remarks.  Nipple cream is one of the items on the registry BTW.

• LOL 6

Seriously... I try not to snark on how people grieve because it’s really horrifyingly painful and everyone handles it differently but I have to wonder what’s down her road. A Twinkie for three days late? A cupcake for a week?

This is just not right...

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Something about Lauren is really off. I've never in my life seen anyone cling to a miscarriage this long and to this extent. She needs a mental health evaluation and I say that without an ounce of snark. 

I’m wondering if all of this is because Lauren has an insatiable need for attention, and not because she’s still mourning over the miscarriage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

I'm a bit late, but it just occurred to me that it's impossible for Lauren to know the sex of the child she miscarried. 

So that she decided that it was boy and gave it a name is just so damn weird. 

And the cake? Who does that? 

Someone get her to a shrink. 

It's also so insensitive to Joy. 

• Love 22

We can all be thankful we only need to read about her. What a bummer to have her at Thanksgiving dinner this year. 

Or anywhere else within ear shot. She should travel with a white balloon so folks can scatter and hide when she comes near. Even Eeyore wouldn't hang with Lauren.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

The thing is, I think Josiah would have given her time to mourn. He doesn't strike me as a "my way or the highway" type of guy. 

This is all Lauren's doing because she's afraid of Jesus and she doesn't have much in the way of critical thinking skills. 

I think he would have 

6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Avabella or Avabelle gets my vote for a name

Asabelle

• LOL 12

"Naked Cakes" are so 2 years ago.  Jing is the trendsetter, Lauren. Step back.  

Josie is starting to get eyebrows and looking cuter, while Michelle looks more pregnant than Lauren in those stripes.  Joy is obviously putting on a brave face, poor girl.  Obviously she's the tough one in the family. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

If I were Joy, I'd seriously have to fight the urge to smack her. I really hope she tells Lauren off at some point. I honestly thought Joy's loss (and the backlash toward Lauren's Instagram comments) would have put ""Asa" into perspective.

Sophia Petrillo would have put Lauren into her place. Picture it, Tonitown!

This is NOT NORMAL. It's tasteless to her SIL who obviously had to make an appearance. I bet Joy would have rather been elsewhere. Maybe watching paint dry instead. 

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Sophia Petrillo would have put Lauren into her place. Picture it, Tonitown!

This is NOT NORMAL. It's tasteless to her SIL who obviously had to make an appearance. I bet Joy would have rather been elsewhere. Maybe watching paint dry instead. 

6F9D2270-CBD2-42A3-B29B-299D5291B193.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I feel bad for Lauren. As I mentioned before I did miscarry Twins early in the 2nd trimester. I was a mess and DID go to a psychologist for help. My sisters and many friends miscarried their first too. She must be tormented, as neither I or anyone I know in the same situation even thought about recognizing the loss at the next baby shower.  I admit after I passed the time period that I miscarried the twins I was more calm (it still hurt) but that loss did not have my focus, my current pregnancy did. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Madtown said:

Call me horrible, because this whole time I thought Asa was a "girl". Shows I can only tolerate to read very little when it comes to Lauren..lol

No way was Lauren's first child going to be a girl if she had anything to say about it! Their Jesus gives them special fetus knowledge, like knowing the sex of a 6 week pregnancy or which evil twin (Jana) is kicking her mother.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Call me horrible, because this whole time I thought Asa was a "girl". Shows I can only tolerate to read very little when it comes to Lauren..lol

I was under the impression that they went with a gender neutral name with Asa due to how early she lost the pregnancy.   Making Asa a boy is just the patriarchy rearing its ugly head, and will always be a reminder to their little girl that she was not first.  Make no mistake, she will see these pictures and this has the potential to really hurt her.  Big brother Asa can never be a disappointment,  but she can.  It makes me sick to think Lauren is starting her daughter on this path before she is even born.

• Love 10

I can totally picture Lauren doing baby photo shoots with her actual baby and an onesie that say big brother Asa next to the baby. 

Came me back to add. Watch Lauren do a birthday party for Asa forever or dual party. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I can totally picture Lauren doing baby photo shoots with her actual baby and an onesie that say big brother Asa next to the baby. 

You called it. I bet you anything she will. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The Daily Mail has a story about Lauren and Josiah posting their baby gift registry on IG and that people are up-in-arms about it.  I checked and their IG appears to have been scrubbed clean of negative remarks.  Nipple cream is one of the items on the registry BTW.

I was just coming to post it: 🙂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7486719/Josiah-Lauren-Duggar-slammed-tacky-sharing-3-250-baby-registry-fans.html

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I would think the MedicCorp scam is more newsworthy than nipple cream.

I’m just hoping that the news media finds out about the Blind Gossip article and investigates it.  If it turns out to be true, that will surely be the end of this family and their TV show. 🤞🏻

• Love 9