Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m just hoping that the news media finds out about the Blind Gossip article and investigates it.  If it turns out to be true, that will surely be the end of this family and their TV show. 🤞🏻

But we’ll all still get together, right? Right? 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

No way was Lauren's first child going to be a girl if she had anything to say about it! Their Jesus gives them special fetus knowledge, like knowing the sex of a 6 week pregnancy or which evil twin (Jana) is kicking her mother.

I believe that J'chelle has this "gift," too, and knew that J'Caleb was a boy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I can totally picture Lauren doing baby photo shoots with her actual baby and an onesie that say big brother Asa next to the baby. 

Oh, I could tell you a story, but I don't want to go off topic.

Can you just imagine what Lauren would have done at her shower if she had experienced the same thing Joy did !!

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I was under the impression that they went with a gender neutral name with Asa due to how early she lost the pregnancy.   Making Asa a boy is just the patriarchy rearing its ugly head, and will always be a reminder to their little girl that she was not first.  Make no mistake, she will see these pictures and this has the potential to really hurt her.  Big brother Asa can never be a disappointment,  but she can.  It makes me sick to think Lauren is starting her daughter on this path before she is even born.

Asa is a male name from the old testament like Joshua, Judah, Josiah, etc. Just because it ends in a doesn't make gender neutral. 

Further research shows it's a feminine in non-Christian norse cultures, but the Duggars don't follow Norse mythology. It's a safe bet that it was chosen as a biblical boys name. 

Lauren gave her child a biblical name, maybe that will be a theme for them.  I'm still thinking they'll go with Bethany Milagro. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Is anyone getting any rather odd notifications for posts? Not in this forum but I thought I would ask here ?  Just me ?

I hope someone tells Lauren she's on her way to crazy town.

Or someone tell Josiah to headship her into therapy. 

My heart breaks for the little girl. 

• Love 6

What did the plastic doohickey thing on Asa's cake say?  I can't make it out. 

I can't understand why the tabloids are making a big deal out of inappropriate things on their baby registry. (Maybe it was a slow news day.)  All the Duggars have put out-of-the ordinary things on their registries, this is their norm. 

Too bad Mechelle didn't have time to brush her hair.

• Love 10

I agree that Lauren needs counseling.  At minimum she needs somewhere to act "real", cry, scream, just let go of whatever she's feeling and holding in around that first pregnancy.  That said I would honestly rather put up with her cakes and her baby in heaven mentions every five minutes and her little sister status for the current pregnancy over her getting ANY therapy or counseling that is Gothard based or through the church or ministry if there is any chance at all that said counseling would blame her in any way for losing the baby.  That whole "If you are suffering it's because you are outside god's will and need to reflect on your sins" crap.

As much as it annoys me and as much as there's still a small part of me that wonders if she does it for attention and followers not because it's really truly how she feels.........I'd rather she annoy me or go on with the mentions and attention seeking than hear that she was berated and made even more crazy by being told she "let" the miscarriage happen due to pissing god off for some unknown sin that she can't make up for.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I would think the MedicCorp scam is more newsworthy than nipple cream.

The registry is much easier to confirm before publication.   As much as I want someone credible to confirm the Medi Corps Corps scandal, I know there is a lot more research needed before the story could make it past the legal team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Asa is a male name from the old testament like Joshua, Judah, Josiah, etc. Just because it ends in a doesn't make gender neutral. 

Further research shows it's a feminine in non-Christian norse cultures, but the Duggars don't follow Norse mythology. It's a safe bet that it was chosen as a biblical boys name. 

Lauren gave her child a biblical name, maybe that will be a theme for them.  I'm still thinking they'll go with Bethany Milagro. 

In addition, I swore earlier this year and will continue to swear (!) that the name was chosen both as a biblical boys' name AND because it's the name of Arkansas's current governor, Asa Hutchinson.

He was the toast of their set over the past year for avidly promoting, signing and praising all over the national media Arkansas's strict new anti-abortion law, pushing the state's abortion ban back from 20 weeks to 18 weeks and including an unusual provision,  described here by AH: '“We have a trigger law in the event that Roe vs. Wade is reversed,” Hutchinson said on “Squawk Box.” “We can go back. We can have stronger prohibitions on abortion” if the decision was overturned.'

Naming an unborn child  after Asa Hutchinson when the child was tragically lost right around the time the anti-abortion law was making big news would have been an absolute knee-jerk response from these people. The pretense that they aren't very very very very very political and always eager both to support politicians who support their causes and to suck up to said politicians in hopes of getting some favors from themselves is horse hockey.

The coincidence of Asa all over the news for his godliness and the naming of the miscarried fetus (way too young for the sex to be known) is just too coincidental to me. I'm sure the Duggar and Swanson clans have been very excited to tell their friends about Lauren honoring the governor's bravery on behalf of all unborn children even at the time of her tragic loss.

(I'm not saying I disdain this. I don't agree with their beliefs here because I think they interfere with other people's rights....but I can respect their wanting to make a point.....at least to the extent they were actually doing it because of their beliefs and not just because Lauren quickly saw it as an additional way to get attention....which -- all too likely, given other things we know of her....)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The registry is much easier to confirm before publication.   As much as I want someone credible to confirm the Medi Corps Corps scandal, I know there is a lot more research needed before the story could make it past the legal team.

What is the deal with the MediCorps "scandal"?  Please fill me in.

11 minutes ago, Aunt Catfish said:

What is the deal with the MediCorps "scandal"?  Please fill me in.

If you look on a few other threads we have discussed it, but I can give you a short summary.   JD, Jana, Austin, a few howlers, and some Bates Boys all flew down to the Bahamas to assist in the hurricane recovery in the name of a new "charity" Medic Corps.  They got some media attention and grifted some Chic-fil-A from an unsuspecting news reporter.   Another volunteer with a different organization left some illuminating comments on this reporter's Facebook page.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Naked cakes are slide 7.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

‘Big brother’ of course.  It would be kind of funny if it weren’t so tragic.

Thanks @doodlebug

I still think the idea of the cake is nuts, but maybe if they had just put a small cross, butterfly or  balloon (not a real one, just one made of the similar material like the words) on it instead of the Big Brother, it may have been a little more acceptable.  

I think Josie looks nice in that picture.  It's good to see her wearing a bright color. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

would honestly rather put up with her cakes and her baby in heaven mentions every five minutes and her little sister status for the current pregnancy over her getting ANY therapy or counseling that is Gothard based or through the church or ministry if there is any chance at all that said counseling would blame her in any way for losing the baby.  That whole "If you are suffering it's because you are outside god's will and need to reflect on your sins" crap.

. . ..I'd rather she annoy me or go on with the mentions and attention seeking than hear that she was berated and made even more crazy by being told she "let" the miscarriage happen due to pissing god off for some unknown sin that she can't make up for.

Yeah. That's sad, and true. They don't talk about it to the cable TV audience, but I easily found references online to Gothard's teachings that are as described above. The IBLP party line is that doing right by God will earn you earthly rewards, and a failed marriage or an infertile couple is the result of the people in question having displeased God. IMO it's arsehole patriarchal woman-blaming bullshit, and it's cruel, and I don't doubt that the Duggar daughters and their Gothard-raised DILs had it preached and taught to them from childhood.

We see the scrubbed-up, normalized, fundie lite version of these lives on social media for public consumption. Behind the scenes they totally believe all this garbage and perpetuate it. I can pity the Duggars and adjacents for the nasty beliefs they've been fed all their lives. Then I see a sample of their real arsehole authoritarian selves that we saw on that "mission" to the Bahamas (followed by a well-earned vacay in a luxury hotel in Florida), and I loathe them. I think Lauren's just dealing as best she can and I don't wish her harm, but she's all about attention and she might as well get it for Asa if it makes her feel better, I guess.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

According to the baby registry, the poor baby only has one box of diapers, but TWO complete sets of big head bows.

One of my grandmothers long ago was named Arsa, which has been miscopied in documents as "Asa" on several occasions.  As far as I know, "Asa" is a boy's name.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Hard to confirm that they were armed, with handcuffs and useless batches in a foreign country?  Because that’s the part that incenses me.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Hard to confirm that they were armed, with handcuffs and useless batches in a foreign county? Because that’s the part that incenses me.

I can see that definitely requiring some due diligence before that accusation is lobbed, but when it finally surfaces, I hope it will be an attention-grabber. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Hard to confirm that they were armed, with handcuffs and useless batches in a foreign county? Because that’s the part that incenses me.

Medi Corps Corps posted a picture that showed one of their people with handcuffs on his belt, and Lawson with his useless badge. Those screenshots are easy.  They were careful not to pose with their guns visible.  It surprised me to see them posting pictures with their shirts untucked. but now we know that was to hide the guns.  The pictures supplied by the other guy and his accusations need to be verified.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m just hoping that the news media finds out about the Blind Gossip article and investigates it.  If it turns out to be true, that will surely be the end of this family and their TV show. 🤞🏻

I doubt it, if the multiple josh debacles barely affected their status. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe. I thought there were some pictures of them with the guns?

I think they'd want more than pictures. They'd want to track down witnesses and make sure they were believable and confirm claims.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

The Daily Mail captioned the photo of Meechelle and Jana, blindfolded and changing a diaper, as ‘one of them knows a lot about changing diapers.’

Casual readers might make the wrong assumption but all of us here know that the correct answer is JANA! 😐

Did they say it was Jana?  Because it was actually Lana Swanson 'competing' against Michelle.

Just looked at the article - the Daily Mail did indeed say it was Jana blindfolded next to Michelle, but it was Lana.  You can tell by what she is wearing, especially with the long necklace.  She does look like Jana, though!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

She will never get any mental help because they don’t believe in it.

I think Andrea Yates was fundy... She got help all right after she killed her kids.

Josiah is nothing like Rusty Yates.  I cannot imagine him forcing Lauren to go off her medication and keep on popping out babies.  

• Love 13
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Josiah is nothing like Rusty Yates.  I cannot imagine him forcing Lauren to go off her medication and keep on popping out babies.  

I don't think so either. I think he is more apt to stand back and let her do what she wants to do. 

• Love 7
On 9/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, BetyBee said:

I agree 100%!  I too wonder if Lauren is mentally ill.  She should not have gotten pregnant again so quickly if she was still so deeply in mourning for her early miscarriage.  I don't think she'd be having this particular precious girl if that pregnancy had gone to term.  

I don't think she is mentally ill as much as she is an attention whore. Losing the baby is her "story." With her "story" she gets a lot of attention. She has nothing else going on with her life and she will cling to all the attention she can get. She didn't marry a Duggar to NOT be in the spotlight. Her "story" goes with their belief system that all life is precious, etc.

And I think the cake is creepy as hell. Who does that??

• Love 16
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Not to go too far off topic but I really believe Rusty Yates should have gotten more time in jail than his wife did. He is disgusting and I find him at the very least partially responsible for the death of his children. 

This x a million. It still chaps my hide that he got a do-over with a new family considering his asshole ways caused his wife's breakdown.

Back on topic, I think Lauren has a lot of issues. She seems like the type of person who's emotionally draining and not all that enjoyable to be around. I don't know how Si is doing it, unless they politely go their own ways behind closed doors.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

This x a million. It still chaps my hide that he got a do-over with a new family considering his asshole ways caused his wife's breakdown.

Back on topic, I think Lauren has a lot of issues. She seems like the type of person who's emotionally draining and not all that enjoyable to be around. I don't know how Si is doing it, unless they politely go their own ways behind closed doors.

Yes, she doesn't doesn't seem like a very uplifting and fun person like Kendra is. 

• Love 11