Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

That baby sure has his dad's face.

He's also got his cousins Sam's and Henry's side-eye WTF look down pat.

The Forsyths seem to be subscribing to TFDW's baby fashion of dressing their infant sons in uncomfortable-looking adult-type clothes for a photo shoot. Though at least they didn't stuff him in a dump truck...

• Love 17

Can they please find another way to tell the world how old their blessing is?  Or, you know, not do it at all.  Seriously, few people care to know how long it's been since you birthed yo baby.

I'm beginning to wonder if Joe walked in or saw Smuggar in the act with Joy and maybe 'saved' her.  Joe turned 23 in January; Smuggar turned 30 earlier this month.  Even though there's a 7-year difference, I'm sure Joe worshipped the ground the prince walked on.  Just a thought...

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think they should start praying now that their future girls don't inherit the Forsyth nose the way Austin's sister did.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Austin's nose reminds me of George W. Bush's. I don't like W, either. Poor Gideon. 

#hashtaggingtheirkidsnamesisreallyannoying 

• Love 5

His pants are way too small. They are binding at his hips and should be up higher, at his waist.   And they are pulling at the snap.  Babies that young should not wear adult-type pants.  Way too constricting at their tender middles  or, in his case, pelvis.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

“Just through my teen years, I think I was having a hard time taking my parents’ faith as my own and you really befriended me as an older brother.”

Okay, I like this.  In a family where questioning or challenging their faith will surely get you ostracized, it was pretty brave of Joe to look out for his little sister and show her friendship. If Joy vocalized her challenges or had run for the hills, his butt would have been on the line as well.

I feel like it’s every man for himself at a certain point in the Duggar household, so Joe reaching out to her  (an opposite sex sibling at that) while she was struggling is really decent of him. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

His pants are way too small. They are binding at his hips and should be up higher, at his waist.   And they are pulling at the snap.

His britches are so tight he's got a tiny little baby sized muffin top!  Get that poor kid in some cute comfy jammies and stop dressing him like a grown up nerd, Joy!

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

Poor Gideon is lying on a paper thin blanket on top of a hard floor.  In too tight adult clothes!

I guess this is what we have to expect from the barely not a teen mom who watched her siblings run feral.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Okay, I like this.  In a family where questioning or challenging their faith will surely get you ostracized, it was pretty brave of Joe to look out for his little sister and show her friendship. If Joy vocalized her challenges or had run for the hills, his butt would have been on the line as well.

I feel like it’s every man for himself at a certain point in the Duggar household, so Joe reaching out to her  (an opposite sex sibling at that) while she was struggling is really decent of him. 

Agreed. I like Joe. Joy didn't say that he "showed her the way" to her parent's beliefs, just that he was a friend during those times, so I'm going to believe that that was what he was doing - not trying to force her to believe one way or the other.

If anyone maybe indirectly "forced" Joy to her more conservative beliefs it was probably Austin, so that she could be on his good side.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Ugh. I'm having such mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, go Joe! for looking out for your baby sister, you seem like the one brother that everyone genuinely likes. But on the other hand, maybe without his friendship and encouragement Joy would've been able to shed the Gothard/Quiverfull beliefs and find her own path. Instead she ended up married and pregnant before she even hit her twenties, yoked to another religious nut who'll most likely keep her barefoot and pregnant for the next thirty years.

I guess this explains how she got her nickname Joyless Anna back in the day - the Duggar lifestyle and beliefs really were chafing at her through the years and it showed, but now she's back in the fold happily popping out babies for Jesus.

Damn you Joe...

I’m going to agree with this. Joe probably did befriend her/ but he probably also stated all the reasons to stay in the fold. He wouldn’t have been able to objectively discuss the topic. If there was any discussion. She doesn’t even seem to know if she was really having doubts about the religion or she wouldn't include the ‘I think’ in the sentence. 

It is interesting that she refers to it as ‘ my parents faith as my own’.  Because  Jinger and Jill wearing pants may be showing the kids that lightning doesn’t strike if you disagree with your parents. 

• Love 12

Okay, poor little Gideon is in clothes waaay too small for him, because they are trying to convince us (and themselves)  that he is still a newborn so should be wearing “newborn” sizes. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way.

• Love 4

That nose is proof of who his daddy is.  

Funny how most of the Duggar grandbabies have a "What kind of fuckery is this?" look on their faces...at least until the brainwashing is complete.

• Love 18

Man, seeing the clips (havent watched the past few episodes) of Joy and Austin in the RV from this season--Joy seems to be enjoying it and ready for the "adventure" and more laid back whereas Austin is a grouchy stick in the mud--boy is he snappy with her. Hopefully Joy can get some of her spark back but I feel like shes going to have one of the worst marriages out of the recent crop :(

• Love 14
On 3/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, PradaKitty said:

Okay, poor little Gideon is in clothes waaay too small for him, because they are trying to convince us (and themselves)  that he is still a newborn so should be wearing “newborn” sizes. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way.

I really hope this isn't the old, tired and false notion that he was actually born long before they claimed. That would have been very interesting, and believe me, I do NOT defend these people as a rule, but it simply isn't true and we need to move on. 

• Love 13

Because of his size at birth, 0-3 months would probably be the correct size, not newborn. His clothing looks too small. Personally, I love babies in one piece pajamas.

I always detested the size “0”, it doesn’t make any sense for babies or women, to me!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Recent pics of Giddyup. And I can't wait to hear Joy and Austin's marriage testimony at Family Camp, given they haven't even been married a year. *yawn*

So they are giving a talk at the Marriage Retreat and they haven't even been married for one year?  I don't think so.  They must be giving a stand up comedy routine. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Joy looks exhausted. I gather she's not getting much Sister-Mom help. 

You mean a Duggar daughter could be taking care of her own child by herself without a sister-mom around. You could knock me over with a feather.

3 hours ago, otterrr said:

Man, seeing the clips (havent watched the past few episodes) of Joy and Austin in the RV from this season--Joy seems to be enjoying it and ready for the "adventure" and more laid back whereas Austin is a grouchy stick in the mud--boy is he snappy with her. Hopefully Joy can get some of her spark back but I feel like shes going to have one of the worst marriages out of the recent crop :(

IDK, I won't judge Austin for that. Having a baby on the way and a half renovated house would literally make me crazy. Shit I have a baby on the way and my house is MOSTLY renovated and I am still stressed and overwhelmed and so is my husband trying to finish everything before June. 

Also I am pretty sure I would murder my husband living in close quarters like that lol. Joy may like it but I won't judge Austin for being over the situation . 

• Love 4

If Austin was smart, he would have had the house done before the baby came. And yes, put me in a RV for one day, and I could give a new meaning to the word *itch. I would not be a happy camper. My husband always talks about going camping and fishing, and I am like no way sweetie! My poor body could not take it. Austin may be feeling a little stress out with a new baby and living in a RV.

Their house was done & they were living in it when Gideon was born. That's where she labored & that was her kitchen they were preparing the frozen meals in.  Not sure when they moved in but they had a birthday party for JD in January when most of the family was in Australia.  Since the TLC timeline is so wacky it's hard not to get confused.  I was questioning why Kendra was allowed to sit on Joe's lap when they were at the TTH waiting for Gideon's birth.  Someone reminded me they were already married & pregnant at that point.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'm still rolling my eyes over come and hear I.  The only lecture she could give would be how not to speak English.

Well, she might be able to give one on how not to do arithmetic as well. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Are we supposed to think that Joy wrote the above post, since she "signed off" on it with her name after the Bible verse?  Or does Joy just babble what she thinks she wants to say and then Austin types it up his way and signs for her?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

From their recent post

Screenshot_20180404-090025.thumb.jpg.93838977bebe797495e72b5e0500f950.jpgScreenshot_20180404-090054.thumb.jpg.976718ad55f6aadd705a914d27cc2b49.jpg

Oh, I would love to hear their testimony. Will Austin will do the talking since Joy can't seem to string two sentences together?

Maybe their testimony will end with "......so DON'T do as we did, getting married so young &having a baby right away."

ETA: I can't imagine living a life that everything you do is supposed to be a "testimony" for someone else. Referencing the Joy Austin line about nothing is too small for God to use in someone's life. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, ginger90 said:

Because of his size at birth, 0-3 months would probably be the correct size, not newborn. His clothing looks too small. Personally, I love babies in one piece pajamas.

I always detested the size “0”, it doesn’t make any sense for babies or women, to me!

Agree, it has nothing to do with when he was born but his size.  My son was 8lbs and he only wore a couple of newborn outfits and not for very long.  I wanted him to be as comfortable as possible, so that meant mainly one pieces.

• Love 3

What is it about fundies and the word "sharing"? I'd like to SHARE a thesaurus (or maybe the palm of my hand) with them. Quit acting like you're doing the world a favor by SHARING your story, fundies. Concentrate on becoming better people instead of pleasing your imaginary friend. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

What is it about fundies and the word "sharing"? I'd like to SHARE a thesaurus (or maybe the palm of my hand) with them. Quit acting like you're doing the world a favor by SHARING your story, fundies. Concentrate on becoming better people instead of pleasing your imaginary friend. 

I think it's because they don't practice actual sharing. They don't want to share as in giving to others, so they have created an alternate meaning where "sharing" actually means talking about Jesus and how much better you are than other people. So, under the new and improved definition, they "share" all the time. See, they really are good Christians who share with others!

• Love 12