Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Gee not even examples of her. Like Jennifer likes to read, ride a bike, loves chocolate cake and wants to be a vet when she grows up... oh right it’s the Duggar way not to know your kids likes/dislikes.

My mother only had 2 and I know she could not tell you what our favorite foods were( she bragged about this once, we ate  what she cooked whether we liked it or not) and I think the only thing she could tell you about me was I liked to read.

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 1

Many of these songs have been family favorites since before these girls were born. Over the years, Aunt Deanna has given all of the Duggar children voice lessons, and it’s long been a dream that one day we would be able to record an album with our youthful, happy hearts singing these beloved tunes! We are so grateful to all who have put in time and effort to make this project a reality. We pray hearts are blessed and that God receives all the glory!

There’s a bio on each of the girls, and a sample of each song here:

https://www.duggarstore.com/

B9339EA2-F0F9-4301-8CD4-53F13BE68074.jpeg

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Why do the girls have a ratty white sheet and a green afghan wrapped around their backs?  I can see both on Josie and Mackenzie

Has an easy country charm, doncha think?

• Love 1

One comment says her girls are enjoying DANCING to this CD!  Another says she will use the CD music in her preschool ballet class.  Too bad these little Lost Girls will never enjoy ballet and other dancing.

• Love 12

Why don't they have the girls wear tights instead of those ugly leggings? I can understand leggings for play since shorts are for heathens, but for dressy situations, like a photo shoot, why not tights?

• Love 11
Just now, beckie said:

When did Mackynzie become part of the lost girls?

Despite being over eight years removed from the NICU, Josie still looks frail and sickly. Cute, apple-cheeked MacKenzie sort of balances things out in terms of the aesthetics.

• Love 13

The girls are plain and there is nothing about their singing that is worthy of being recording artists. 

A new generation is being raised to believe that the world should be handed to them because they are Duggars.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, Abstract said:

The girls are plain and there is nothing about their singing that is worthy of being recording artists. 

A new generation is being raised to believe that the world should be handed to them because they are Duggars.

I completely agree.  But I am enjoying the thought that Jill Rodrigues is jealous as hell that the Duggars released this CD!

• Love 15

The Lost Girls enjoy “doing life together”, according to the website. 

Who the hell is throwing out that phrase to the Duggars? The convicts they minister to? It’s not a thing! 

It’s also written how “super close” they are in age and heart.

Super?!?! 

Such eloquent writers they are, let me tell ya. 

yuck.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Many of these songs have been family favorites since before these girls were born. Over the years, Aunt Deanna has given all of the Duggar children voice lessons, and it’s long been a dream that one day we would be able to record an album with our youthful, happy hearts singing these beloved tunes! We are so grateful to all who have put in time and effort to make this project a reality. We pray hearts are blessed and that God receives all the glory!

Josie. Honey. Nobody’s favorite song is The Star Spangled Banner, trust me. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

Because apparently I hate myself, I listened to a few samples. You know those albums they make where kids sing the latest hits, and it’s so annoying you want to peel your skin off?  It’s a fundie version of that. 

Excuse me while I head to the prayer closet for something that will get the screeching out of my head. 

Thanks for taking one for the team. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Why couldn’t Deanna give Amy voice lessons? 

Who says she didn't? 

As for this cd, however little they make, I bet those girls won't see a dime. They should have the money put aside for them from the proceeds. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Who says she didn't? 

As for this cd, however little they make, I bet those girls won't see a dime. They should have the money put aside for them from the proceeds. 

Right, though I doubt they make enough to break even. Producing and recording an album is expensive especially if they had to rent out a studio for an entire day. 

That said, the older girls had a book, why not a CD? JRod must be so jealous! 

• Love 2

Johannah has strong, firstborn-type tendencies. She shows initiative by taking on tasks and working hard to complete them. She’s a great leader, and is naturally skilled at organizing people for projects or cleanup.

I guess birth order is shot to hell when you’re child #16 and the first girl after a long line of howlers.  

• Love 17

At least this litter of girls escaped home perms and curling irons.

The clothing though. Might they have first insisted on clothes that fit?  And although it appears they chose a theme of 2 colors, they're still a jumbled mess. Maybe it's the footwear? 

And as @Nysha stated - the leggings. Are knees covered in tights eye traps?

• Love 4

We’ve always said that the four youngest Duggar girls’ personalities are like the four oldest girls on repeat. Everyone has a twin. Jana/Johannah, Jill/Jennifer, Jinger/Jordyn, and Jessa/Josie.

This (from the Duggar sale site) cracked me up. I wonder how Jessa feels about the Josie comparison? And while I know Jenni is Jill's buddy, I have never seen her as a little Jill.

So Joy is the only "original" Duggar girl, I guess?

In the group picture, why does Josie need to be sitting in Jordyn's lap?

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 4

I listened to the clips as well, and, frankly, didn't think they sounded all that bad. Not something I'd listen to on purpose, but nothing about them made my ears bleed in the same way that the Rodrigues' "musical" performances do. 

It may or may not owe much to whoever did the production.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Why do the girls have a ratty white sheet and a green afghan wrapped around their backs?  I can see both on Josie and Mackenzie

Because the Mustard Cardigan was in the wash? Wait, these are Duggars...it's not in the wash.  Jessa must have taken it on her visit to Jinger.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Mollie said:

They may want God to receive all the glory, but the Duggars are keeping all the money.

Wouldn't it be nice for these Christians to give proceeds to charity? 

After reading the website, I see Jennifer has a guinea pig, and they have a family dog named Willow. Don't they treat animals badly?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Johannah will be 13 in October. She looks out of place in that little troupe. Plus, she’s got so much housework to do these days. 

I thought the same thing.

I liked the song they sung last night, it was OK as far as kids songs go. Something I would have taught my 4-5 yr old Sunday School class I taught way back when. But I didn't think there was anything special about Josie singing the Star Bangled Banner.  Just another 8-9 yr old singing it. It was cute when she was 5 or 6 & sang it even though she was prompted. 

• Love 2

I don't understand something. If this was Aunt Deanna's long time 'wish' to do a CD with her nieces; why is it MICHELLE who is coaching Josie? Shouldn't it have been their long time singing teacher, Aunt Deanna in that position? From what I have seen, Michelle knows nothing about music and she and JB have admitted on TV that they play no instruments at all themselves.

• Love 18
On 8/6/2018 at 7:41 PM, Kbo said:

Because apparently I hate myself, I listened to a few samples. You know those albums they make where kids sing the latest hits, and it’s so annoying you want to peel your skin off?  It’s a fundie version of that. 

Excuse me while I head to the prayer closet for something that will get the screeching out of my head. 

You are a brave soul.  The commercials were making my ears bleed.  

On 8/7/2018 at 4:36 AM, kokapetl said:

Johannah will be 13 in October. She looks out of place in that little troupe. Plus, she’s got so much housework to do these days. 

I first read housework as homework.  What was I thinking?

• Love 9
On 8/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, ginger90 said:

Maybe I'm giving Jim Blob too much credit but I see this as the beginning of the branding and marketing of the younger girls.

Long term, even idiot JB has to to know there will be little to no interest or $$$ in the howler boys weddings. The girls are where the money is and by likening each one to an older sister JB is creating 'The Duggar Girls 2.0'. I'd be surprised if any of the lost girls make it to 21 unmarried.

Short term, what better way to get MEchelle's and JB's stupid mugs back on tv than through the little girls? They are minors so you must go through the parents to film them and a condition of filming will be to feature the narcissistic parents front & center. 

The Duggar money train is rolling again. Ugh...

• Love 23

No reviews on Amazon. 14 all positive on their personal website. There's a few blogs and websites posting about it. Haven't seen anything in terms of how many they have sold. Even with their fans, I don't see it selling much over a thousand. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Maybe I'm giving Jim Blob too much credit but I see this as the beginning of the branding and marketing of the younger girls.

Long term, even idiot JB has to to know there will be little to no interest or $$$ in the howler boys weddings. The girls are where the money is and by likening each one to an older sister JB is creating 'The Duggar Girls 2.0'. I'd be surprised if any of the lost girls make it to 21 unmarried.

Short term, what better way to get MEchelle's and JB's stupid mugs back on tv than through the little girls? They are minors so you must go through the parents to film them and a condition of filming will be to feature the narcissistic parents front & center. 

The Duggar money train is rolling again. Ugh...

I think you may be right.  The older girls "wrote" a book.  The younger girls make a CD.  Perhaps JD is hoping to get the girls out in the stink bus and do a tour like the older girls did with the book and get the money train rolling along again.  Plus he may be thinking that most folks won't ask about their handling of Josh around the young girls so he won't have to deal with that issue.  

Poor Mackenzie.  She's the sister mom of her family and now it looks like she's going to be the breadwinner as well.  Way to go Smugger and Anna.

• Love 23

It is up on iTunes.  Songs are only 99 cents each, which means it isn't anywhere near a top seller.  I don't know how to check the sales rank on iTunes.  The Star Spangled Banner and the title song are the most popular.

Jordyn is bubbly and conversational. Even when she was a baby—before she could speak—she’s always had an outgoing and extroverted personality. If you’re a new face around our house, Jordyn will likely be one of the first to strike up a conversation with you and make you feel at home. Jordyn enjoys gardening, sewing, crafting, and playing four-square or board games with her siblings. Her favorite place she’s been is Ireland. Her favorite song on the album is “This Little Light of Mine”.

^^From Jordyn's bio on the site.

To the bolded: While this may be true, it sure doesn't come across that way in any birthday celebrations with JB and Michelle.

Also with regards to the pairings, I agree with Jana/Johannah, but I think it should be Jennifer/Jinger (both meek/quiet), Jordyn/Jessa, and Josie/Jill (both parents' favorites).

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 5

I have a soft spot for Jordyn.  As soon as Josie arrived, she was all but forgotten, even more than the others, it seems.

I don't see the bubbly extrovert at all.  Why do I hope she's the one that writes the tell-all?

• Love 15

When they Duggars took the stink bus to Amish country, was is Jordyn or Jennifer who spoke to the elderly gentleman in Pennsylvania Dutch? I just remember because the man was saying hello or welcome in Pennsylvania Dutch to Jim Boob, who wasn’t really grasping it, and which ever daughter it was repeated the phrase perfectly despite being very young.  If that was Jordyn than I can see this being true about her personality. She spoke and walked into the home as if she’d been seeing those people all her life, but they were strangers.  

I’ll have to search for the clip.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
On 8/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

This (from the Duggar sale site) cracked me up. I wonder how Jessa feels about the Josie comparison? And while I know Jenni is Jill's buddy, I have never seen her as a little Jill.

So Joy is the only "original" Duggar girl, I guess?

In the group picture, why does Josie need to be sitting in Jordyn's lap?

Maybe Mack is Joy, since neither one of them is really part of the family subsection used for marketing purposes. Joy  grew up with the boys in the second wave of Duggar kids, not with the J'Slaves with whom she's categorized now. And of course Mack is a niece, not a sibling, to the little girls who are her age cohort.

I have a soft spot for Jordyn.  As soon as Josie arrived, she was all but forgotten, even more than the others, it seems.

Yup. And on top of being Miracle Josie's Irish twin, poor Jordyn drew Jessa as a sister-mom. Jessa appears to be an interested and loving mother with her own children as opposed to Jill who is a hot mess with her sons, but as sister-moms they were the reverse: Jill was engaged and nurturing, and Jessa wasn't there for having another woman's babies inflicted on her and did the bare minimum.

• Love 11
On 8/7/2018 at 1:27 AM, lilwhitelion said:

Yes, and this gem, regarding Mackenzie:

"...the kids pile around to enjoy in her animated storytelling."  

Who is writing this crap??

...maybe she learned storytelling from listening to her dad explain why he was late coming home. ???

Edited by LisaWl7TR
changed whe to she
  • Love 15