Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I wish someone would explain moisturisers to Jill. How anyone could have that many lines while still in their twenties is a mystery to me. I'm sure her diet doesn't help but her skin looks very dry as well; I think she could end up looking much better if she could go on a nice spa weekend with facial treatments and a consult on skin products that actually fit her. She needs a good scrubbing and a lot of moisture imo.

My guess is on all of the above.

It's not necessarily about moisturizers. It has a lot to do with genetics. I bet either Jim Bob or Mullet or both wrinkled early -- probably Mullet. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Those wrapped packages look mighty secular, Dilboy. Your godly is slipping. 

I assume he's trying to be snarky, but failing.   It's such a random shot, I can't recognize what those fake wrapped packages are supposed to be concealing. 

ETA: I think long hair requires a different kind of maintenance than short hair.  If you recall any stories from the late 19th and early 20th century, women at all levels of society had long hair and probably washed it no more frequently than once a week.  But one thing they probably all did was to brush it the classic "100 strokes" every night.  That would distribute oil from the scalp along the hair shaft so that the hair overall would look cleaner, shinier and healthier.  I'm thinking Jill wasn't taught to do that. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think it’s railings on a staircase wrapped to look like gifts ?

Thank you!  All I could think when I looked at it was "what the hell?"  I thought maybe I was too old to get it or something.  Stupid looking decorations. 

• Love 20
19 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I started to say she seems desperate for money since she keeps pursuing different revenue streams, except I’m not sure if she’s desperate for money, or desperate for attention, or desperate for something to do. 

All of the above

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone mentioned that Jill should use pictures taken outside. Here you go!

2 pictures:

Sunglasses and sunscreen Jill.  You have eye lines of a 50+ year old person.  Also, a good moisturizer.  Your future self will thank you.

• Love 9

My mistake. The company Twitter didn’t go private. Jill tagged the account I mentioned above, that’s private. She apparently tagged the personal account instead of the company’s. I blame Jill! Sorry.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

Allie and her sister Arin started the company, naming it after their two dogs.

Thanks. I checked her Twitter, but the profile is also private, apparently, so there was no discernible connection on the surface. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Weird how Jill has 2 t-shirts with "Joy" on them.  Obsessed much, Jilly Muffin?

The shirts are juvenile.  But then, I can't stand "message" clothing in any form.  

You’d hate my shirt that says, ‘I wish I could but I don’t want to’ but I wear it to my in-laws. 

• Love 19

There is a NYT piece today by a person who tried to make his dog an Instagram celebrity and profit off of that. There would be way too much work involved for any Duggar to undertake and Jill is doing pretty much everything wrong. (There may be a paywall if you don't subscribe but the article is here: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/technology/personaltech/instagram-influencers-dogs-food.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR0LgrBaDruGwVXVZAHdRLG2SZZHQPR2vgK-pu5uQkqemGOr1vrw_pojOEs)

Edited by jcbrown
typos are not my friends
  • Love 1

If I were Jill I'd end my partnership with that clothing retailer, because they did her dirty by giving her a shirt that's a size too big. A size smaller would work wonders for her overall look. Everything else looks nice. Well, okay, she could have chosen a nicer background.

I imagine the company sends the size the requester asks for.  They're not going to just randomly send a size that might not fit. 

Jill, like her sisters, (Except for Jinger) only wears fitted tops when she's massively pregnant, to show off the "blessing" she's gestating.  Otherwise, she opts for shapeless and ill-fitting every time.

And Jill will never end a relationship with anybody voluntarily.  She's too desperate for any shred of validation wherever she can get it. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 23

Plus, while I like the boots themselves, they don't work with those jeans. The jeans are a tad too loose for stuffing into boots. Second, the boots should be closer to her knees if she is going to pair with jeans.

If Jill wants to wear those boots with jeans, the jeans should be more of a flared style or boot cut.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, leighdear said:

Weird how Jill has 2 t-shirts with "Joy" on them.  Obsessed much, Jilly Muffin?

The shirts are juvenile.  But then, I can't stand "message" clothing in any form.  

I am the same way.  I will wear the swag for my venue and I have a shirt that says something related to political things going on right now (the Witch Hunt and it sounds like a beer slogan!) but I don't do message shirts either.  If I were to hire someone to wear a message shirt, I would make sure they do my brand proud.  I think this is where Jill is failing.  She wears their brand like she wears everything else which is shlumpy.  She just doesn't have IT.  I am not looking at anything she promotes and thinking I gotta get me that thing.

17 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

You’d hate my shirt that says, ‘I wish I could but I don’t want to’ but I wear it to my in-laws. 

Not gonna lie, this cracks me up!  I am guessing it's a time saver.  HA!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Is that from Friends?  I seem to recall Phoebe saying something similar in an early episode. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am the same way.  I will wear the swag for my venue and I have a shirt that says something related to political things going on right now (the Witch Hunt and it sounds like a beer slogan!) but I don't do message shirts either.  If I were to hire someone to wear a message shirt, I would make sure they do my brand proud.  I think this is where Jill is failing.  She wears their brand like she wears everything else which is shlumpy.  She just doesn't have IT.  I am not looking at anything she promotes and thinking I gotta get me that thing.

I love love love my band shirts (even tho all the fashion after 40 blogs tell me to discard them) but cutesy sayings?  *shudder*

• Love 4
Just now, latetotheparty said:

I love love love my band shirts (even tho all the fashion after 40 blogs tell me to discard them) but cutesy sayings?  *shudder*

Band shirts are a whole 'nother thing!  Band shirts are also A-ok with me!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Those jeans are just weird. It's like they're skinny jeans with just a touch of hammer pants.

I think they are the cheap Walmart jeggings that get saggy and loose after a few washes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And considering she grew up not wearing pants, I give the girl credit for trying. 

I always wondered if the Walmart leggings were worth it. They're cheap, and I thought if they were comfy they might be worth it.

... turns out, no.

• Love 2
On 12/5/2018 at 3:00 PM, ginger90 said:

Someone mentioned that Jill should use pictures taken outside. Here you go!

2 pictures:

Jill looks like she’s ready to go horseback riding. The big hipped jodpher pants and the paddock boots. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I've had my Wal Mart jeggings for three years and they don't look like that.  I think Jill bought non-fitting pants from the beginning.  

I've noticed with my stretchy jeans that they become looser as time goes in between washes.  Jill is not washing those jeggings enough. 

• Love 3

Forget the jeggings......whose house is that? JB's & Mullets? Looks like an uncovered outdoor plug.....and there are tons of little grandkids around. Geez.

And the siding is in serious need of a power-washing.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Jill looks like she’s ready to go horseback riding. The big hipped jodpher pants and the paddock boots. 

That's what I thought--the shape of the pants looks like jodphurs.

8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I know what your shirt says! I went to a protest a few weeks ago where it was used on signs.

I wear political shirts (especially lately), sometimes shirts related to somewhere I've been (Jazz Fest, Hawaii), and sometimes corporate swag shirts (I'm in Silicon Valley--it's practically required), but would not wear nor have I owned a shirt with a cutesy message. But considering the source, what other options would Jill have? She doesn't do anything or go anywhere so she is limited to her stupid religious claptrap.

I was thinking about Jill while I was washing my hair today (I know, I know) and thinking of her response to the person who suggested she cut it. I used to know a professional woman who did not cut her hair for religious reasons (but it was always well cared-for) and she was up front with the reason she did not cut it (without proselytizing, so Jill would not be able to walk that line). Jill could have just said that her faith makes her prefer long hair. Or she could have said that a creepy perv who created her cult prefers long hair and Daddy likes it and she has never had an original thought so... But that would have required original thought so I guess not.

Edited by jcbrown
because I am evidently able to spell better than I am able to type
  • Love 13

Almost positive that's the TTH. Jill took some interior shots there as well.

eta: I do own a message shirt. It just says what we all feel: Need More Sleep 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Jill could have just said that her faith makes her prefer long hair. Or she could have said that a creepy perv who created her cult prefers long hair and Daddy likes it and she has never had an original thought so... But that would have required original thought so I guess not.

Or she could have said Derick prefers it long. I had long hair throughout my marriage because my husband preferred it and I didn't really care one way or the other.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Or she could have said Derick prefers it long. I had long hair throughout my marriage because my husband preferred it and I didn't really care one way or the other.

I think that that's true of all of the fundie men. I think that men generally prefer long hair on women, and generally don't really notice or care if long hair is flattering to a particular woman. Long, thick, hair is a function of estrogen, and I think it is in part a normal hard-wired response, and in part a societal cue. I think that a lot of fundie guys are insecure in their masculinity and find really obvious markers of femininity like long hair to be reassuring. More secure men might prefer long hair, but they recognize their wives as independent, functional human beings who can make decisions about their own bodies without threatening their husbands' masculinity.

• Love 18

I have a camouflage shirt that says, “You can’t see me”. My grandchildren think it’s quite funny.

Jill isn’t good at this type of thing because she rarely interacts with her “followers”, even those who praise her. 

The picture was at the TTH.

B60F3C46-0C18-404A-9FC3-4B18481F5808.jpeg

• Love 8