Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

What did Jill say about cutting or not cutting her hair? I missed this discussion 

Someone on either Twitter or Instagram recommended she change up her look by cutting her hair. Jill responded that she's going to keep her hair long because short hair is too much maintenance.

• Love 1

So Derick thinks it is his God given duty to point out anything that doesn’t square away with his “religious beliefs” (like transgendered children) but Jill can’t even come out and say she keeps her hair long due to her religious beliefs? Mmkay. That marriage must be so difficult. 

• Love 5

Read this and immediately thought of Derick. This is the type of case he probably dreams of litigating: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/how-one-mans-quest-to-spread-christmas-cheer-led-to-a-miserable-four-year-war-with-his-neighborhood/Content?oid=15109011

Also, isn't MacArthur the guy Jeremy's affiliated with?

I never thought it was possible, but that "War on Christmas" dickhead made me take the side of a damn HOA. Christmas miracles do exist.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It was stated Derick wasn’t at this family gathering because he was studying for finals. Gee, I wonder who Jill is talking to, on the phone?

FE43D1FE-8D8E-4EEC-A87E-EEEE12B35EF9.jpeg

Is that Anna next to Jill, smothering Mason under one of those breastfeeding capes?! That floral thing is NOT what she's wearing in the other photo, her arms seem to have disappeared, and the gray thing on her lap could be part of a little kid...

• Love 10

His school pictures always seem to remind me of high schools, not upper education    And last night I bought some cream of chicken soup for the snow storm to make chicken casserole .... I almost felt shame but I am the only 1 eating it :)

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

5c0cb1d7f3686_ScreenShot2018-12-08at10_09_05PM.png.d0d139c94f17d9c799483cc150840fe4.png

Come on, you know we're all thinking the same thing.  Who wants to nominate Jilly Bean?

Yeah, but I’m sure she thinks she can be one of the mentors. Team Anne and Team Jilly Bean! Then she could save Anne’s soul and make her straight. Double win for Jilly Muffin! Smh. 

• Love 2

This recipe was originally posted in March. I saw there were comments. Someone asked for a suggestion on a place that would be warm to let it rise prior to baking. Here’s Jill’s response:

21A89EBB-593C-47B5-B68E-0BDBCBF55348.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
13 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Jill made a cinnamon bun... casserole? What is that white gloop on top of the buns?

I'm fairy certain it's frosting.

I think there's WAY too much frosting, and these would be disgusting. I also think that sticky cinnamon buns aren't a great study snack, and a big sugar bomb like this doesn't help studying much. That having been said, though, I think these are less gross than 99.99% of the stuff she feeds her family.

• Love 16

More beige food. I’d kill for her to make a spinach quesadilla (which I had the other night).  Not much more healthy, but bring on some color!

shes cure in pants, but mine look like that after I’ve lost some weight. She probably just bought them one size up to not loon like, you know, a hussy. I like the boots. She’s kind of trying mainstream. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Steff said:

I keep thinking that knowing Jilly, how she was raised, her views on marriage and staying glued to each other's sides 24/7, it must have been devastating to attend a FAMILY Christmas party without her 120 lb talking asshole.  In her world, it's just not done.  Your spouse doesn't pick anything, not even studying, over a FAMILY event.  And perfect Jilly Muffin, is the 1st one to show up without her spouse.  Another hole poked in her "be a good daughter, one day you'll marry and have the perfect family & perfect life".   She didn't get the perfect spouse, didn't get a perfect pregnancy & delivery, and now she's showing up with no #Besthubbyever by her side. 

So today she's glued to him.  kids climbing around him. Distracting him from what he clearly saw as more important than family. In a warped way, sabotaging him. 

For Jill's sake I hope he doesn't bomb his finals, because you just know he would blame her and the kids, use it as an excuse to drop out and then spend the rest of their life together passive aggressively bringing it up whenever Jill or anyone else ever dare to question his lack of success in life. And, as you point out, he wouldn't be entirely wrong though I doubt Jill is self-aware enough to realise it. These two...

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Steff said:

I keep thinking that knowing Jilly, how she was raised, her views on marriage and staying glued to each other's sides 24/7, it must have been devastating to attend a FAMILY Christmas party without her 120 lb talking asshole.  In her world, it's just not done.  Your spouse doesn't pick anything, not even studying, over a FAMILY event.  And perfect Jilly Muffin, is the 1st one to show up without her spouse.  Another hole poked in her "be a good daughter, one day you'll marry and have the perfect family & perfect life".   She didn't get the perfect spouse, didn't get a perfect pregnancy & delivery, and now she's showing up with no #Besthubbyever by her side. 

Judging by the mean-spirited "jokes" we've seen, I suspect that they're all quite vicious to each other when the cameras aren't rolling. I'll bet that every one of Jill's siblings and siblings-in-law got in a nasty little jab about Derick's absence. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Judging by the mean-spirited "jokes" we've seen, I suspect that they're all quite vicious to each other when the cameras aren't rolling. I'll bet that every one of Jill's siblings and siblings-in-law got in a nasty little jab about Derick's absence. 

I just imagined one of the sisters, most likely a smug Jessa, patting Jilly's hand and saying "bless your heart. well, on the bright side,  at least he's not in sex rehab like Josh was that one Christmas".  Then Jessa smiles extra smug, because she got 2 sisters with one stone. 

• Love 23

At least this recipe looks like it’s supposed to, although that’s a ton of frosting but I’m not going to knock it if that’s just how they like it. 

But FFS, how is he studying in the middle of the house with kids running all over and Jill’s constant photographing? Maybe he’s really good a tuning it out but he looks annoyed. I know they probably have a two bedroom so an office isn’t possible but they could carve out a corner of their bedroom for a desk so he could at least shut the god damn door. In grad school I had to lock myself away from everyone and my program was not that intense. Or he could go to the law library like other students do. But Jilly already had to spend a few hours without him yesterday so you know she wasn’t having any of that. 

I don’t think he’ll fail out but he’s probably going to be in for a shock when his grades don’t match his arrogance. 

• Love 16

If he bombs out of law school he’ll just apply to another school of some sort. As long as you’re in school, you don’t have to start repaying your student loans. 

I think that’s correct. My eduction was subsidized by the Bank of Mom and Dad. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Considering Jill is second only to JB in how mean spirited her sense of humor is, she would deserve every jab. Which honestly, I don't think she got. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Steff said:

So today she's glued to him.  kids climbing around him. Distracting him from what he clearly saw as more important than family. In a warped way, sabotaging him. 

Very insightful. I don’t think Jill is a mean spirited soul (like the doofus she’s married to), and something tells me Derrick isn’t the kindest to her. Having to got to a family party, without her spouse, while only Jed, Jer & Jason are the only ones without a spouse probably hurts her. She had to go to JD’s wedding without him. Jill didn’t grow up in a world where married couples socialized seperately EVER. 

• Love 15

It seems like Derelict can't get a quiet moment without Jill glued to his side or dragging the boys into his study area to take pictures for Instagram. I hate to defend him on anything, but I can see why he'd jump on the opportunity to ship Jill off to the TTH, so he could focus for a few hours.

The one that surprised me was the wedding. That was a pretty important event to miss.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Portia said:

God help me for admitting this here, but I'd dive face-first into that pan of cinnamon rolls, and I think that's exactly the right amount of frosting. 

Save some room for me. Those look amazing. Perfect amount of frosting too.  That's the first thing she's made that didn't make me want to barf. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Save some room for me. Those look amazing. Perfect amount of frosting too.  That's the first thing she's made that didn't make me want to barf. 

What if we got choked on a hair, though?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Portia said:

God help me for admitting this here, but I'd dive face-first into that pan of cinnamon rolls, and I think that's exactly the right amount of frosting. 

Oh my. I love cinnamon rolls, and I do ask for extra frosting when I treat myself to one. But DANG that is too much frosting for me. I need some roll with my frosting.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Honestly, I thought the rolls looked good too. But I agree that Jill needs to make something that has another color besides brown or beige. Like maybe some omelets with cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and Hollandaise sauce with paprika spices.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Portia said:

What if we got choked on a hair, though?

Ack. Thanks for that visual. Lol 

And yes, some color in her food would be a refreshing change. 

16 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Oh my. I love cinnamon rolls, and I do ask for extra frosting when I treat myself to one. But DANG that is too much frosting for me. I need some roll with my frosting.

The roll is underneath all the wonderful frosting! And you sound like my husband. Lol

• Love 5
18 hours ago, lascuba said:

Read this and immediately thought of Derick. This is the type of case he probably dreams of litigating: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/how-one-mans-quest-to-spread-christmas-cheer-led-to-a-miserable-four-year-war-with-his-neighborhood/Content?oid=15109011

Also, isn't MacArthur the guy Jeremy's affiliated with?

I never thought it was possible, but that "War on Christmas" dickhead made me take the side of a damn HOA. Christmas miracles do exist.

He’s got braces too!

9 hours ago, Mollie said:

Cream of mushroom soup.  LOL

Counting On 1.png

The flicked on glob in the centre is what makes it truly gross. 

13 hours ago, Steff said:

I just imagined one of the sisters, most likely a smug Jessa, patting Jilly's hand and saying "bless your heart. well, on the bright side,  at least he's not in sex rehab like Josh was that one Christmas".  Then Jessa smiles extra smug, because she got 2 sisters with one stone. 

"It must be nice knowing Ben will never, ever, leave the house."

Cut me, and I'll burn you to pieces, bitch.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't realize that Derelict missed the wedding. Consider me shocked!

The one "family friend" of the Duggars leaked that on FJ after Jabbie's ceremony. Dullard was nowhere to be found.

Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2018 at 6:07 PM, jcbrown said:

That's what I thought--the shape of the pants looks like jodphurs.

I know what your shirt says! I went to a protest a few weeks ago where it was used on signs.

I wear political shirts (especially lately), sometimes shirts related to somewhere I've been (Jazz Fest, Hawaii), and sometimes corporate swag shirts (I'm in Silicon Valley--it's practically required), but would not wear nor have I owned a shirt with a cutesy message. But considering the source, what other options would Jill have? She doesn't do anything or go anywhere so she is limited to her stupid religious claptrap.

I was thinking about Jill while I was washing my hair today (I know, I know) and thinking of her response to the person who suggested she cut it. I used to know a professional woman who did not cut her hair for religious reasons (but it was always well cared-for) and she was up front with the reason she did not cut it (without proselytizing, so Jill would not be able to walk that line). Jill could have just said that her faith makes her prefer long hair. Or she could have said that a creepy perv who created her cult prefers long hair and Daddy likes it and she has never had an original thought so... But that would have required original thought so I guess not.

My husband does get concerned when I wear it out alone.  But we are in a safe place to wear it.  I do appreciate his concern though.  I am giving Kathy Griffin merch for Xmas (if you follow her on twitter you know what she is shelling, not kid appropriate for sure!).

I feel badly for Jill sometimes.  I am sure she is a pleasant person who has some views I find totally despicable.  They are totally trying to get more attn though.  I was on Radaronline and there was a story Another Duggar Birth! headline with their pics.  They are now announcing Dickheads freaking cousins pregnancy to get attn for themselves, people we have never heard of.  WHO THE EFF CARES!?  Do something noteworthy in your own lives and quite living vicariously through others.  As time marches on I am really starting to think they can't have more kids.  Surely they would be pregnant by now.  It is also time for some more recipes they have stolen from a friend/can of food/website.

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

CLEAN YOUR STOVE BEFORE TAKING A PIC!

• Love 7
On 12/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, madpsych78 said:

Plus, while I like the boots themselves, they don't work with those jeans. The jeans are a tad too loose for stuffing into boots. Second, the boots should be closer to her knees if she is going to pair with jeans.

If Jill wants to wear those boots with jeans, the jeans should be more of a flared style or boot cut.

I wear my combat/mid-calf boots with shorts, skirts, dresses, jeans, and leggings. The key is to make sure the pants fit nice and snug all over. And if you're going to go with a frumpy oversized t-shirt . . . you should belt the shirt, knot the shirt, or put something over it to camo how ill-fitting it is.   She could have used socks pulled higher than the boots and a denim jacket/vest to create a super nice looking outfit. With better pants, though. I think she probably doesn't understand how pants are sized or she's scared of clinging skinny stuff because she's afraid her modesty will become broken.

I give her props for wearing jeans, though. Maybe she'll find the confidence to experiment with other styles and fits.

jill.jpg

• Love 8
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Ack. Thanks for that visual. Lol 

And yes, some color in her food would be a refreshing change. 

The roll is underneath all the wonderful frosting! And you sound like my husband. Lol

I am one who only likes a thin schmear of frosting/glaze.  But I MUST have some butter to slather on the warm cinnamon roll.  We used to have a place in town that had the best cinnamon rolls ever.  It was THE place to go and was packed every hour it was open (24 hour place).  They sold it and then I found myself working on campus with the ex owner.  We all tried and tried to get her to spill the recipe.  It is going to die with her.  FOILED!  DAMN YOU MARTI!

• Love 9