Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That side ponytail photo with the over-sized tree shirt looks sloppy. At first, I thought she was pregnant, but it looks more like lumpy belly fat. OK, maybe a phone in a pocket. The shirt isn't great, but that photo isn't doing either Jill or the merchandise any favors. 

• Love 12

She is a bad choice to model clothes because after looking at the clothing that she modeled, i wouldn't buy it.  I RUN from anything that looks too casual, shapeless and messy. 

As a consumer, I don't know if the clothing is shapeless or it's Jill.   I'm betting the clothes are shitty. And the sayings are dumb.

The rainbow shirt with the "love everyone" sentiment appears to be pro LGBTQ .   Maybe I'm wrong but that's my first impression of it. If the company is trying to be pro LGBTQ, the Jill Dillard is the wrong image to sell their shirts. 

The whole thing is just messy, as Wendy Williams would say.  ;)

• Love 12
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Bare feet, sippy cup on the floor. Keep trying Jill.

9 pictures, including the $30 shirt I mentioned previously:

I call terrible composition on one shirt. Camp Fire & Co.

ffee.

Yup.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm surprised more of these small businesses aren't trying to recruit Jinger and Jeremy. They're better at staging social media pics and Jinger is much more polished since getting married. 

Good point. I could actually see Jinger being good at this sort of thing.

• Love 3

I like Jill's hair twisted up like that, but I thought we'd finally graduated from the striped skirt and mustard cardigan.

Also, is that an unfortunate shadow or a line of blackheads along the side of her nose? If it's the latter, yikes. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, bythelake said:

How true. I usually don’t post off-color stuff, but I couldn’t resist. Hope I didn’t offend anyone,

From an often colorful language poster, your post was not in the least offensive!  

Outfit aside, Jill actually looks OK, because she's smiling without the gums, and her scraggly hair is put up.

5 hours ago, Marigold said:

She is a bad choice to model clothes because after looking at the clothing that she modeled, i wouldn't buy it.  I RUN from anything that looks too casual, shapeless and messy. 

As a consumer, I don't know if the clothing is shapeless or it's Jill.   I'm betting the clothes are shitty. And the sayings are dumb.

The rainbow shirt with the "love everyone" sentiment appears to be pro LGBTQ .   Maybe I'm wrong but that's my first impression of it. If the company is trying to be pro LGBTQ, the Jill Dillard is the wrong image to sell their shirts. 

The whole thing is just messy, as Wendy Williams would say.  ;)

I thought the same thing when I saw the rainbow.  They wouldn't get it, either.

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I like Jill's hair twisted up like that, but I thought we'd finally graduated from the striped skirt and mustard cardigan.

Also, is that an unfortunate shadow or a line of blackheads along the side of her nose? If it's the latter, yikes. 

Biore strips to the rescue!  Odd that her makeup wouldn't cover that.

• Love 6

I'm curious what the company thought when they saw her photos.  Hey bare feet!  Sippy cup on the floor and dented pots behind her.  Boxes and suitcases stacked behind her.  Mustard cardigan over the shirt she's suppose to be selling!  I bet their impressed.  sarcasm font

Plus she's shilling products from 2 different companies in the same post.  No Jill, just no.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 9

Looks like she’s at the TTH.

ETA: I loathe to contribute to their grifting, but could we chip in and gift Jill some self awareness?

Edited by SMama
Clarity
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures 

I think her hair looks good here, and she obviously made an effort with the makeup. Then, of course we have the hideous skirt and the mustard cardigan. And, the best location she could find was that sofa in front of that mess?

The problem with this is the same as her problem with cooking. She doesn't know what she's doing, and she's not interested in learning.

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think her hair looks good here, and she obviously made an effort with the makeup. Then, of course we have the hideous skirt and the mustard cardigan. And, the best location she could find was that sofa in front of that mess?

The problem with this is the same as her problem with cooking. She doesn't know what she's doing, and she's not interested in learning.

That's one of the church pews in the TTH. Looks like someone's getting ready for a trip.

3 hours ago, SMama said:

Looks like she’s at the TTH.

ETA: I loathe to contribute to their grifting, but could we chip in and gift Jill some self awareness?

Nah, she wouldn’t know what to do with a bunch of self awareness. My money’s going for Josh’s vasectomy.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Good point. I could actually see Jinger being good at this sort of thing.

I think Jing is shilling baby hats and some such, so she’s in on the product promo too. Not as desperate and badly done as Jill though. 

Jill is not a model, that’s for sure!  I do feel bad that mostly everything she does is shitty, and she probably has no idea why, or that it even is. 

I guarantee that profile shot was to show off the nose ring and invite more leghumper amazement and admiration. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Yes. I think her face looks pretty, but why would you model a shirt with words SITTING?!! Even the tiniest fittest most athletic model would look bad. 

Mrs Forysth wearing that shirt would be pretty funny. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, graefin said:

How does this even make sense? Hair as long as hers takes more maintenance than shorter hair does. It's the whole reason Alyssa Bates chopped off her hair after she had kids. SOTDRT logic for you.

Jill's thought wasn't to be logical; it was to shut down the conversation toot sweet, IMO.  Either she parroted some other horsetailed fundie's excuse, who'd had a bad experience growing out a complicated cut of some type, so that in Jill's mind any time someone lifts a scissor to her head they come up with something that involves complicated styling to make it look good (layers, bangs, or similar).  OR, she has finally had the shame of Eve drilled into her on the topic by the more mainstream Christian coeds she has met post-marriage, to the point where it's embarrassing to say out loud her old-fashioned beliefs that the only Godly hair for a woman is long, because otherwise I don't know what she's talking about.  It must take her forever to dry in addition to wash, as I've seen horses 5 foot tall at the rump with tails that drag on the ground, who have less hair than Jill has.  Not to mention, the cost of the shampoo, conditioner, and electricity to run the dryer - how would she ever drip-dry?  Sleeping on that amount of wet hair would be like waking up to find out your waterbed had broken.

• Love 8

Short hair needs more upkeep than short hair, if I haven’t had time to go for a trim, I can throw my hair up in a pony tail or bun and it’s good to go, but with short hair I needed to make sure I had regular visits to the hairdresser or it just looked sad 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

Jill's thought wasn't to be logical; it was to shut down the conversation toot sweet, IMO.  Either she parroted some other horsetailed fundie's excuse, who'd had a bad experience growing out a complicated cut of some type, so that in Jill's mind any time someone lifts a scissor to her head they come up with something that involves complicated styling to make it look good (layers, bangs, or similar).  OR, she has finally had the shame of Eve drilled into her on the topic by the more mainstream Christian coeds she has met post-marriage, to the point where it's embarrassing to say out loud her old-fashioned beliefs that the only Godly hair for a woman is long, because otherwise I don't know what she's talking about.  It must take her forever to dry in addition to wash, as I've seen horses 5 foot tall at the rump with tails that drag on the ground, who have less hair than Jill has.  Not to mention, the cost of the shampoo, conditioner, and electricity to run the dryer - how would she ever drip-dry?  Sleeping on that amount of wet hair would be like waking up to find out your waterbed had broken.

I lived with three women in college whi never cut their hair, for religious reasons. One had hair literally to her feet. She would air dry it by flipping it back and forth for around five minutes. I've had waist length hair a few times myself,  and I do not blow dry it. I just flip it up over my pillow so I'm not laying on top if it as I sleep. I only spend 5-10 minutes on my hair in the morning,  and I only wash the roots and condition the ends. Shampoo is more for cleaning the scalp and the hair closest to it than for the whole shaft, which would get dried out by using ahampoo.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Totally said:

Short hair needs more upkeep than short hair, if I haven’t had time to go for a trim, I can throw my hair up in a pony tail or bun and it’s good to go, but with short hair I needed to make sure I had regular visits to the hairdresser or it just looked sad 

But there's a difference between short hair and hair that's shorter. She could still do all that with shorter hair and both she and the hair itself would look better.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Nah, she wouldn’t know what to do with a bunch of self awareness. My money’s going for Josh’s vasectomy.

Yes, it's a safe bet that Josh would know what to do with a vasectomy. 

6 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I lived with three women in college whi never cut their hair, for religious reasons. One had hair literally to her feet. She would air dry it by flipping it back and forth for around five minutes. I've had waist length hair a few times myself,  and I do not blow dry it. I just flip it up over my pillow so I'm not laying on top if it as I sleep. I only spend 5-10 minutes on my hair in the morning,  and I only wash the roots and condition the ends. Shampoo is more for cleaning the scalp and the hair closest to it than for the whole shaft, which would get dried out by using ahampoo.

Interesting, as I generally have waist length hair myself, and hate sitting around with a towel turban (if I do anything involving moving my head it falls down); and I’ve slept on it for about 5 hours wet and it’s still needed the blow dryer before I could go to work.  Also, I’m like a cat and hate getting my clothes wet, including even my sleeves - if I do a face and neck mask I’d far prefer to sit around naked and jump in the shower again to wash it off, than I would shoveling water down my clad décolletage.  The turban might not fall down if I had thinner hair - I can’t even get those fancy microfiber towels with the elastic on the end to stay closed - but hairdressers have struggled with its bushy obstinateness all my life (‘Your hair is thick and ... thick’, was my favorite faint comment); and I need the largest Ficcare clip they sell to pony or French twist it (anchor; shove it home; and pray).

• Love 3
On 12/3/2018 at 7:31 PM, Catfin said:

Would his mom help? Does she have the sense to recognize this as a train wreck?

When a grown man needs his mother to step in in order to help him get a secret vasectomy, something is really REALLY REALLY twisted.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone mentioned that Jill should use pictures taken outside. Here you go!

2 pictures:

Jilly - when were you outside my house? 

The house in the picture looks so much like mine with the white siding,  gray garage door with the same pattern & even the light fixture is similar. Kind of spooky.... 

• Love 5

I wish someone would explain moisturisers to Jill. How anyone could have that many lines while still in their twenties is a mystery to me. I'm sure her diet doesn't help but her skin looks very dry as well; I think she could end up looking much better if she could go on a nice spa weekend with facial treatments and a consult on skin products that actually fit her. She needs a good scrubbing and a lot of moisture imo.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I started to say she seems desperate for money since she keeps pursuing different revenue streams, except I’m not sure if she’s desperate for money, or desperate for attention, or desperate for something to do. 

My guess is on all of the above.

• Love 6

I honestly don’t see anything wrong with any of her latest pictures, not with her hair, her skin, or her fashion. To me, she looks like a perfectly average young woman, and she’s actually quite pretty in my opinion. Her posts hawking that discount code all seem normal to me too. 

Jill does enough stupid stuff that I don’t bother much with the boring stuff she does, and these posts are normal and boring to me. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I started to say she seems desperate for money since she keeps pursuing different revenue streams, except I’m not sure if she’s desperate for money, or desperate for attention, or desperate for something to do. 

How much $$ could this ad even be bringing in?

• Love 3