Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

As time marches on I am really starting to think they can't have more kids.  Surely they would be pregnant by now. 

CLEAN YOUR STOVE BEFORE TAKING A PIC!

I also wonder if they can have more kids at all. I hope it's more that after Sammy's birth they were advised by the docs to wait a good long time before the next pregnancy and Derick, if not Jill, has taken the advice seriously. IMO it would be a huge emotional trauma for Jill to be told she can't have any more babies and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

And the stove thing is I think a quick and cheap fix. It looks like that's an older electric range. Not surprisingly, the drip pans under each burner look aged and grungy. Sometimes they can become pretty much impossible to get really clean. I have no idea how hard Jill has tried to clean those. But, it's no big deal to find inexpensive replacements. I've done it myself in the past. You just match the style at your local hardware store, or Walmart, or Target. Or order online. Instant shining clean new burner drip pans (maybe including rims, or maybe with separate trim rings, depending on the style of the stove), that you can *keep* clean without a lot of bother. Here's a random example from walmart: http://bit.ly/2PvDBs3

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I also wonder if they can have more kids at all. I hope it's more that after Sammy's birth they were advised by the docs to wait a good long time before the next pregnancy and Derick, if not Jill, has taken the advice seriously. IMO it would be a huge emotional trauma for Jill to be told she can't have any more babies and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

And the stove thing is I think a quick and cheap fix. It looks like that's an older electric range. Not surprisingly, the drip pans under each burner look aged and grungy. Sometimes they can become pretty much impossible to get really clean. I have no idea how hard Jill has tried to clean those. But, it's no big deal to find inexpensive replacements. I've done it myself in the past. You just match the style at your local hardware store, or Walmart, or Target. Or order online. Instant shining clean new burner drip pans (maybe including rims, or maybe with separate trim rings, depending on the style of the stove), that you can *keep* clean without a lot of bother. Here's a random example from walmart: http://bit.ly/2PvDBs3

I used to have a 1970's avocado green stove about 10 years ago (old rental, they never replaced anything, I am sure it's still there) and those things HAVE to be replaced and they can look grungy.  I think getting the bits of food off the stove would be a good start.  She may get it one of these days.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

Looks like Jilly wrote the encouraging last 3 lines in his notebook:  #DerickandJill are good.

Edited by sheshark
too many ways to spell Derick Derrick Derek

Momos With Our Nepali Friends

Dec 10, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

When Derick lived in Nepal, he enjoyed momos (Nepali dumplings) on a regular basis. Usually you could get chicken, vegetable or buff (water buffalo) momos at any of the local restaurants. Here in Arkansas though, momos are hard to find. Our sweet Nepali friends invited us over for homemade momos not long ago and they were so good (Sam had 6!)!!! We always love the fellowship and it’s fun for Derick to practice his Nepali language skills too.

0CE46C14-4F68-4D17-893A-844425D2CB23.jpeg

Videos to follow. Switching laundry......

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, graefin said:

From Jill's Insta stories: 

Screenshot_20181210-155341_Instagram.jpg

What is the point of this dimly lit picture?

And why make dumplings while sitting on the floor with children wandering around? It's not as though there was a shortage of adults to watch the kids. And surely Sam is old enough to hold a dumpling himself?

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

What is the point of this dimly lit picture?

It shows Izzy sitting on a chair on top of the bed, which Jill is of course filming. Doesn't seem like the safest choice of activity?

• Love 12

I wonder if technically, the TLC people can film Jill if she shows up without Derick. I'm not expecting her to have a speaking role, but I wonder if they could have her in a background shot, for instance, or a family group thing (like taking a big picture). Obviously they have to cut Josh out, but TLC never said they were ending their relationship with Jill...just Derick. I took that to mean at the time that Jill either chose to quit or was forced by Derick, but could have continued filming without him if she's wanted to. I wonder if there's any way she could possibly appear on the show without Derick, and if that could soften the blow of him missing everything. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I wonder if technically, the TLC people can film Jill if she shows up without Derick. I'm not expecting her to have a speaking role, but I wonder if they could have her in a background shot, for instance, or a family group thing (like taking a big picture). Obviously they have to cut Josh out, but TLC never said they were ending their relationship with Jill...just Derick. I took that to mean at the time that Jill either chose to quit or was forced by Derick, but could have continued filming without him if she's wanted to. I wonder if there's any way she could possibly appear on the show without Derick, and if that could soften the blow of him missing everything. 

I hadn’t thought about that. If she’s there (but doesn’t get a talking head) she may still get paid. I don’t think Derrick would be the type that would like that though, even if they could use the income. He would accuse her of being a disloyal wife for staying on the TLC payroll when they booted him. BUT she did appear in Gideon’s birth episode. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

On 12/7/2018 at 9:07 PM, jcbrown said:

My husband does get concerned when I wear it out alone.  But we are in a safe place to wear it.  I do appreciate his concern though.  I am giving Kathy Griffin merch for Xmas (if you follow her on twitter you know what she is shelling, not kid appropriate for sure!).

Oh yes, follow Kathy.  Saw her in person a couple months ago.  Three plus hours.  Her ordeal when she isn't rushed is horrifying.  It was a great show.  I love her merch.  We should send some anonymously to the TTH.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Portia said:

What if we got choked on a hair, though?

I have some hot cocoa ones. (Again pillsbury because I work 2 jobs and don’t have time) that I will gladly make and share.  And I always pull my hair back when I bake 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think getting the bits of food off the stove would be a good start.  She may get it one of these days.

Good point about the bits of food. I had taken a quick look at the photos on my phone.  Mostly noticed those horrific grungy burner rings on the stovetop. I have now looked again on a bigger screen and see what you mean about the food bits. Yikes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

Jill “yaaayed” the woman making the food! It’s really bad. Expand your vocabulary, Jill! 

She also asked the tummy-time tot on the blanket, “Are you happy?”  WTH is up with her asking that in practically every video?  I honestly wonder if she’s IQ deficient. (I’m trying to be nice here.  I think you know what I’m implying.)

• Love 24
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

While there is a plausible connection between Sam's birth and Jill/Derick not being able to have more kids, I keep going back to the fact that Jessa has gone longer than Jill without being pregnant (Henry is almost two) and she did not have any complications particularly with the second birth. I find the fact that Jessa hasn't become pregnant more baffling.

• Love 11

Is that really Israel on a chair on top of the bed in the dark with his picture being taken?  And why “amen” to that?  These people are baffling. 

17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I call fowl. Those cinnamon buns look exactly like they're supposed to.

Fowl!  I love it!  😄

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

While there is a plausible connection between Sam's birth and Jill/Derick not being able to have more kids, I keep going back to the fact that Jessa has gone longer than Jill without being pregnant (Henry is almost two) and she did not have any complications particularly with the second birth. I find the fact that Jessa hasn't become pregnant more baffling.

Bin and Jessa co-sleep with the kids. I think that's become their form of birth control. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She also asked the tummy-time tot on the blanket, “Are you happy?”  WTH is up with her asking that in practically every video?  I honestly wonder if she’s IQ deficient. (I’m trying to be nice here.  I think you know what I’m implying.)

Happy is the only permissible emotion in their world. Any other feeling is worng and indicative of spiritual issues

• Love 13

Can Jill for sure not have any more kids??? I know she was in the hospital and all the family showed up and was crying (according to some things I've read) but I never read anything official or what really happened..

• Love 1

I’m not gonna hate on Jill not everyone is fine with going to the dentist. I was surprised at Jana laughing at her though in that video I guess she thought she was being ridiculous but that doesn’t seem like Janas personality to me although we don’t really know her. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I’m not gonna hate on Jill not everyone is fine with going to the dentist. I was surprised at Jana laughing at her though in that video I guess she thought she was being ridiculous but that doesn’t seem like Janas personality to me although we don’t really know her. 

Don't forget, Jana was just coming off her laughing gas!  She probably laughed at everything.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, graefin said:

I remember that episode but rewatching it just reinforces the difference in maturity level between Jill and Jana. Was Jill truly 18 years old here? Jesus Christ.

I watched it yesterday - Jill said she was 17 (and Jana said she was 19)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh yes, follow Kathy.  Saw her in person a couple months ago.  Three plus hours.  Her ordeal when she isn't rushed is horrifying.  It was a great show.  I love her merch.  We should send some anonymously to the TTH.

HA!  I saw her right before the big brouhaha and she was fantastic!  It was a very long show which I appreciated.  I took 2 people that had not really followed her and now they too are fans.  I got a few keychains as well as an ornament for people.  I think they are hilarious!

I wonder what the Dillards will be cooking for Xmas?  I imagine it will be beige.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Edited to add: @IntoTheMystic mentioned Jill's freakout at the wisdom teeth extraction. Somewhere upthread, someone connected that to her having been molested as a small child by Josh, "while asleep, over the clothes." It's an intriguing idea that she would have a gut reaction to being "put to sleep" or at least laid down (in a dentist chair) and under the physical control of a male. I don't know if there really was a connection but as I said it was interesting to think about.

You’re probably referring to me. Hi! I agree that Jill is immature, but when I first saw the wisdom teeth freak out I wondered what had HAPPENED to her to make her so afraid- we know Josh molested her in her own bed while she was asleep, so her fear makes sense to me. She wasn’t afraid of the procedure or the PAIN but being under anesthesia alone with the male dentist- yup that’s because of Josh. 

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Edited to add: @IntoTheMystic mentioned Jill's freakout at the wisdom teeth extraction. Somewhere upthread, someone connected that to her having been molested as a small child by Josh, "while asleep, over the clothes." It's an intriguing idea that she would have a gut reaction to being "put to sleep" or at least laid down (in a dentist chair) and under the physical control of a male. I don't know if there really was a connection but as I said it was interesting to think about.

I watch some of that clip, and my reaction is Jill was having a panic attack due to Josh's molestation and the inadequate treatment she received after the incidents.  What's horrifying to me is the way JB and Michelle are able to lie about why Jill is behaving that way.  I wonder how long they practiced their whole spiel about how Jill is afraid of needles, blood, etc.  Or did they make up that lie on the spot?  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watch some of that clip, and my reaction is Jill was having a panic attack due to Josh's molestation and the inadequate treatment she received after the incidents.  What's horrifying to me is the way JB and Michelle are able to lie about why Jill is behaving that way.  I wonder how long they practiced their whole spiel about how Jill is afraid of needles, blood, etc.  Or did they make up that lie on the spot?  

Probably made it up on the spot. Jill had never been put under before. Awful just awful. 

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You’re probably referring to me. Hi! I agree that Jill is immature, but when I first saw the wisdom teeth freak out I wondered what had HAPPENED to her to make her so afraid- we know Josh molested her in her own bed while she was asleep, so her fear makes sense to me. She wasn’t afraid of the procedure or the PAIN but being under anesthesia alone with the male dentist- yup that’s because of Josh. 

I agree, plus I remember her saying something like, "it's part of my life I won't be aware of!" At the time, I thought, "dummy, that happens every time you go to sleep!" Now it makes more sense. Poor girl. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I have felt like Jill might be a little developmentally delayed since the earliest times of the 2, 5, 9, 13, 15, 19, 812 Kids and Counting series. She's always seemed very very very immature to me. As if her intellectual growth stopped and she will forever be a 13-year-old. That episode in 2009 where she was getting her wisdom teeth out really drove it home. She was at least 18 or 19 and was bawling, clinging to daddy, using sad eyeballs to peer at things like little kids do with they're in trouble, clutching daddy's hand to her breast, and was creeping about like she had a pole up her rump and it hurt to walk --- all while her parents slowly led her hither and yon. It was hard to watch. Jana even laughed at her. The other girls are sheltered but they don't come across as complete idiots most of the time. Jill's repetitive vocabulary, her fake enthusiasm, lack of self-awareness, inability to be interesting, sexual attraction towards a fantastically ugly man, how easily she is distracted, how easily she is led, and that awful desire she has to open her mouth wide in every single photo ... I just feel like the elevator is there, but it got stuck in the church's pantry --- where she is systematically tossing out anything colorful to eat forever and ever, amen.

Here is the part of that wisdom tooth episode where Jill acts so strange. 

I. am. SCREAMING!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

@IntoTheMystic mentioned Jill's freakout at the wisdom teeth extraction. Somewhere upthread, someone connected that to her having been molested as a small child by Josh, "while asleep, over the clothes." It's an intriguing idea that she would have a gut reaction to being "put to sleep" or at least laid down (in a dentist chair) and under the physical control of a male. I don't know if there really was a connection but as I said it was interesting to think about.

I watched a bit of the clip and I do see it with a different perspective now. Like @Christina87, I also heard Jill say something about having an experience that was part of her life that she wouldn't remember. I completely think her freak-out was a flashback to what Josh did to her. I have a good friend who is a sexual assault survivor who has been putting off surgery because she cannot stand the thought of being unconscious in a room without having any agency over what is done to her. I wonder if Jill's affect and her way of trying to "keep sweet" all the time and her seeming distance from real feelings in herself and her kids isn't directly connected to her being a survivor of assault who never got any permission to feel anything about what happened to her. Gothard's cult is so damaging. I wonder if JillyMuffin doesn't have an unconscious well of fury that she is working hard to suppress all the time. Not that she would be aware of it, if she did.

• Love 15

I watched the clip and wondered what everyone is reacting to.  Yes she was scared of the dentist, but not imo, as scared of being in the same room with a man. She was more afraid of not being able to remember anything. (It seems consistent with her generation and her social media use that she wants to remember basically every moment of her life.) I don't see anything odd in reaction; lots of people are afraid of doctors and dentists.

Edited by Temperance

I was saying the need to remember everything is part of our generation.  I've seen other people (not necessarily one generation) freak out over many things so I don't think she's that unusual. YMMV.

Edited by Temperance

In addition to everything else that was said, another indicator that it wasn't all about the pain was the fact that Jill was WEARING BRACES at the time she had her wisdom teeth removed. None of the talking heads even alluded to her braces, nor mentioned that she had a similar reaction when her braces were first put on. 

I've had braces, and while getting them put on can hurt a little, I was very much awake for that entire procedure, and chances are Jill was too.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I was saying the need to remember everything is part of our generation.  I've seen other people (not necessarily one generation) freak out over many things so I don't think she's that unusual. YMMV.

Oh absolutely but we don't always know the motivation behind the actions (or over-reactions). I am a survivor of domestic abuse and it was shocking to my current SO to see my reaction to what he thought was a minor argument (I'm in the fetal position, hysterical). From an uninformed vantage point, I'm freaking out over a minor argument. With more information, you'll discover that due to trauma in my past, I react strongly to certain scenarios. That is why I feel that Jill is overreacting to a medical procedure due to more than just a fear of the current situation; I think her reaction is loaded due to her past trauma.

• Love 20

I'm not saying that Jill's reaction to the dentist isn't due to past trauma, but I do know someone who's always been extremely phobic over dentists since childhood, no traumatic experiences. It happens. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don’t think it ever occurred to them that it might be related to the molestation.

• Love 11

OMG! I HATE THESE PEOPLE.

Why do we need to see someone under anesthetic? What was the point of that? This was, I guess, just a precursor to showing us every damn minute of someone's labor. To say they have no modesty is just a wild understatement. What is personal and private to these people? Knees? Shoulders? 

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think it ever occurred to them that it might be related to the molestation.

No, those two narcissists have never considered their children's mental health.   The girls just need to pray their feelings away because Jesus.  Jill's reliance on JB also would feed into his ego.  

• Love 21

image.thumb.png.b2e0ebe2be293229526426e12da91b43.png

So, the Maxwells (another fundie family) posted a cinnamon roll recipe. This picture above is the final product (although there were many pictures of the grandkids making the rolls step by step). I must say the presentation looks way better than Jill's. 

• Love 20