Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

@kcrabtree, would you be willing to post your breakfast casserole in the small talk thread?  I've gotten into the habit of making us breakfast on Sundays, but I want something other than eggs/omelets/bagels.  Thank you!

On topic-these two are really made for one another.  No one else could put up with them.  I have never seen a person who has to be glued to their significant other like Jill.  I can't help but wonder if the molestation didn't occur, would we be seeing this level of cling?  Does being attached to Derick make her feel safe?  She could benefit from some therapy.  And a divorce.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Derelict may well change his study routine when his grades come out.

Finals should be within the next two weeks and final grades posted shortly. 

Hoping Jill is the idiotic, socially unaware fool we think she is and post a picture of his transcript.  That might trigger Jessa and we then we will get an academic update on Ben.  Jinger might even jump into the competition and post Jeremy's amazing grades, wrapped in Christmas lights or something artsy like that.  ;)

• Love 23
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

My husband was studying for his masters a few years ago. I left him alone and let him study. Not sit practically in his lap and feed him jelly beans. Ugh. 

I love Mr. Madtown with all my heart and we don't even sit that close on the couch while watching TV. I could only imagine what he would tell me if I practically sat on his lap and fed him jelly beans while he was studying for finals..lol

These two are the biggest dumbshits. Will the next picture be of his grades and how she has the #smartesthubbyintheworld?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is it true about sperm count being affected when a male uses a laptop on his lap like that?

I would think it would take more something like sitting on a heated cushion to affect it, but I suppose it might...Stealth birth control from Dreck?  He probably wears tighty whities as well...I really don't think he wants more kids.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, EVS said:

I think Jill is really proud that Derick is in law school. If he makes it through (and that’s a big ‘if’), she will be the only Duggar daughter whose headship is a lawyer. I think that will be a big deal to her. I also think it will make Derick even more insufferable, but that’s another story. I think Jill actually believes she is helping Derick. Instead, she is probably just in his way, but I can also see the situation feeding Derick’s oversized ego because she is paying attention to him instead of the kids, and also because he can flaunt his superior knowledge of the law to her. 

I wonder if, unconsciously of course, Jill is desperate for Derick to get through law school as a FU to Josh who wanted to be a lawyer.  She may be trying to help Derick "study" in the best way she knows how.  Unfortunately, her studying skills from the SOTDRT aren't very helpful.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is it true about sperm count being affected when a male uses a laptop on his lap like that?

Normally I'd think someone should warn the person about something like that but in this case I'd say, without any irony at all, if it actually keeps these two from having another "blessing" then..........From your mouth to God's ears!

• Love 10

I'm really not a fan of keeping secrets from one's spouse, but if Dillweed had an ounce of common sense, he'd do a sneak & snip.  And talk his pervy brother-in-law into doing the same. 

"What's that, honey?  You've pissed on a stick every month for a year, and no good news yet?  Oh, bummer!"

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm really not a fan of keeping secrets from one's spouse, but if Dillweed had an ounce of common sense, he'd do a sneak & snip.  And talk his pervy brother-in-law into doing the same. 

"What's that, honey?  You've pissed on a stick every month for a year, and no good news yet?  Oh, bummer!"

I was thinking that lol.

dereck would do a vasectomy in secret. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just want to grab that ponytail and hack a foot of it off.

I rocked the side pony..IN THE 80's!!! My hair was not even close to as long as Jill's.

She looks like a fucking moron. How do these girls not look in the mirror and see how unhealthy their hair is? It's really a shame they don't think they can ever cut their hair(Talking Duggar girls). They have no idea how nice they would actually look with a haircut. No one says they need to get pixie cuts for crying out loud, but shoulder length or a little longer would do them so much good!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Madtown said:

She looks like a fucking moron. How do these girls not look in the mirror and see how unhealthy their hair is? It's really a shame they don't think they can ever cut their hair(Talking Duggar girls). They have no idea how nice they would actually look with a haircut. No one says they need to get pixie cuts for crying out loud, but shoulder length or a little longer would do them so much good!

I don't think they have an idea what "healthy" hair should look like. Their hair has always been fried and that's their normal.

Plus they've hit the peak point with pants and nose studs. I don't think we're ever going to see a Duggar woman lopping off her hair to shoulder length. They don't know any different or they are afraid of disappointing the men in their lives. I often wonder how Josie is going to fare since I think her terminal hair length is going to be much shorter than her sisters' with the way her hair is growing.

As a tangent I used to dance for a company and the main artistic director demands that all the women have their hair down to at least their mid-back and that it all be one length. The longer, the better. The straighter, the better too. You were expected to buy a wig or wear extensions if you couldn't grow your hair that long. You'd be honestly surprised at the amount of women that don't know how to take care of long hair. So many ratty ends. It looks great from a distance with loads of product but up close, yeesh.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I don't think they have an idea what "healthy" hair should look like. Their hair has always been fried and that's their normal.

Plus they've hit the peak point with pants and nose studs. I don't think we're ever going to see a Duggar woman lopping off her hair to shoulder length. They don't know any different or they are afraid of disappointing the men in their lives. I often wonder how Josie is going to fare since I think her terminal hair length is going to be much shorter than her sisters' with the way her hair is growing.

As a tangent I used to dance for a company and the main artistic director demands that all the women have their hair down to at least their mid-back and that it all be one length. The longer, the better. The straighter, the better too. You were expected to buy a wig or wear extensions if you couldn't grow your hair that long. You'd be honestly surprised at the amount of women that don't know how to take care of long hair. So many ratty ends. It looks great from a distance with loads of product but up close, yeesh.

My granddaughter is 15 and dances, not professionally, and will never go pro, but, she has that long hair and I covet it.  It is thick, shiny, healthy, gorgeous, etc.   I tell her people pay money to get hair like that.  Probably her good diet and hygiene play a part.  I tease her that one day she will wake up with a pixie cut, I will have a gorgeous wig, and she won't mind, haha.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I could easily see the Duggar girls eventually cutting it shorter.  I don't think Josie's cut is a big deal. Is Josie really the only Bates with short hair? Isn't Alyssa's hair shorter? Maybe Erin and Alyssa just keep their hair shorter than Jill and Jessa.  I think the hair is like the clothes, eventually it too will be modernized. (I also think if they like the way it is, they should stick with it.) 

I hope some day one of the Duggar/Bates girls move from away from her upbringing in a non-cosmetic ways. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I wonder if, unconsciously of course, Jill is desperate for Derick to get through law school as a FU to Josh who wanted to be a lawyer.

That is a distinct possibility. In any case, it can't have escaped Josh's notice that Derick is living Josh's dream and it must be pissing him off. Although, we can't really be sure how serious Josh ever was about being a lawyer. It may just have been something he came up with when TLC and the fans asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. It's a nice, respectable ambition that would certainly make himself and his parents sound better than "Daddy's gonna give me a car lot to run". 

• Love 4

Those shirts don’t seem to fit Jilly correctly, completely unflattering. The pictures are a fail. Does anyone know if the leg humpers actually buy stuff she posts? Jeesh. Depressing to think they do.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Marigold said:

Finals should be within the next two weeks and final grades posted shortly. 

Hoping Jill is the idiotic, socially unaware fool we think she is and post a picture of his transcript.  That might trigger Jessa and we then we will get an academic update on Ben.  Jinger might even jump into the competition and post Jeremy's amazing grades, wrapped in Christmas lights or something artsy like that.  ;)

I want to see that

I looked through the Oliver and Otis page and they target fresh faced and stylish young women, which Jill is not. She looks 40 in these terrible photos, I can't believe she's my age.

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I just want to grab that ponytail and hack a foot of it off.

Jill says the long hair stays.

Screenshot_20181203-182809_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c82bbf62b910e00db29c7fa1138781d7.jpg

• Love 4

Those pictures of Jill are not so good.  Sorry. Not flattering at all.  She looks out of style, kinda odd and isn't aging well at all.  Jill can't seem to get it together at all. 

It's not the long hair either.  It's Jill.  Plenty of women have long hair (me!!!) and don't look like that.  

• Love 20

My hair isn't Jill long, but it's well on its way. And honestly ... I have a moment every day where I just want to chop it (outside of it desperately needing a general maintenance cut). It would just be so much easier. 

Unfortunately, my hair is on the thin side so it looks and feels better when it's shorter but my face is round so my face looks better when it's longer. I have a sweet spot of about a month where it's short enough to be healthy but long enough to be flattering. And because I'm awful at making appointments (but good at keeping them!) and scarred from a haircut where the stylist went faaar too short... my hair is currently probably in the same realm as Jill's. The difference is, at least I know that I should do something about it.

• Love 10

Jill's too dumb to realize you can still have long hair without it hanging down to your ass. Even if she cut it to the bottom of her bra strap, that's still a ton of length. The problem she has now is there's no volume or movement because a) the length pulls it flat and b) there's no layers or highlights to create dimension. She looks dated and much older than 26. 

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Hmmm... maybe I'm just not "pretty practical," but I find that when my hair is shorter it is easier to "upkeep" than when it's super long...

After Jill and Derick's marriage  hit the wall her hair has never looked like she cared for it in any way .

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Jill doesn’t seem to know what practical means. Practical would be a shorter but still long style that doesn’t take two hours to dry and half a bottle of shampoo to wash. 

It would require half a bottle of shampoo to wash and two hours to dry -- if she ever washed it. None of them take care of their hair. They don't wash it, or condition it, or trim it, or anything else.

It seems ridiculous, but there are thousands of little things we all learn to do growing up that she has never done, or even thought about: washing and brushing her hair, cooking, cleaning -- the list goes on and on and on.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I could easily see the Duggar girls eventually cutting it shorter.  I don't think Josie's cut is a big deal. Is Josie really the only Bates with short hair? Isn't Alyssa's hair shorter? Maybe Erin and Alyssa just keep their hair shorter than Jill and Jessa.  I think the hair is like the clothes, eventually it too will be modernized. (I also think if they like the way it is, they should stick with it.) 

I hope some day one of the Duggar/Bates girls move from away from her upbringing in a non-cosmetic ways. 

Josie Duggar, not Josie Bates.

jim+bob+josie+jordyn+jennifer+johannah+j

Josie's hair isn't very long compared to her sisters' (and cousins) at the same age. It's also very fine. Granted they have no idea how to take care of her hair but that's a different story. It isn't uncommon with micropreemies to have issues with hair growth either.

The five oldest Duggars daughters have been able to grow their hair to insane length, especially Jill and Jessa. Terminal length means that the absolute longest your hair can grow. I think Josie (even if they put a straightening iron through it) will be lucky to hit mid back in her teens. I often wonder if they will make a big deal about it if it doesn't grow. They did put fake pigtails on her...

Jinger is the only one out of the eldest five that looks like she gets something done with it, even if it's just putting layers in. If any of the eldest five decided to lop off to bra strap length I'd be shocked. The only way that's happening with Joy is if Austin tells her to do it.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

I looked through the Oliver and Otis page and they target fresh faced and stylish young women, which Jill is not. She looks 40 in these terrible photos, I can't believe she's my age.

Jill says the long hair stays.

Screenshot_20181203-182809_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c82bbf62b910e00db29c7fa1138781d7.jpg

When was the last time you had shorter hair, Jill? 20 years ago? So how would you know the type of upkeep shorter hair takes? Unless she means more frequent trips to the shower and getting her hair cut (which shouldn't cost anything considering they all do at-home haircuts).

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

When was the last time you had shorter hair, Jill? 20 years ago? So how would you know the type of upkeep shorter hair takes? Unless she means more frequent trips to the shower and getting her hair cut (which shouldn't cost anything considering they all do at-home haircuts).

How does this even make sense? Hair as long as hers takes more maintenance than shorter hair does. It's the whole reason Alyssa Bates chopped off her hair after she had kids. SOTDRT logic for you.

• Love 18