Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 12/11/2018 at 8:43 PM, yogi2014L said:

I have two theories on Jill Vs the Dentist

1. Like others had said, lingering trauma from being molested while asleep.

2. Or she was getting positive attention from Daddy from being scared/was being an overdramatic teenager. Kind of like when you were 14 and pretended to be scared at a movie so you could cling on to your date. 

Attention from Mom and Dad was minimal at best with 19 kids and she had both parents fawning over her for that hour, so she probably ate it up. 

I don't blame her for either of those reasons for being a hot mess.

Jana's commentary made me laugh tho. " It must have been really bad for her" while a laugh after. Keeping sweet but  so snarky all at the same time. 

Wasn't Jill JimBob's favorite? My guess is she played up needing her Daddy to save her over just about everything from the time she could talk. She strikes me as that sort of girl. 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:22 AM, DangerousMinds said:

I bet many of the others deprive their kids of these too. They just don't tell the world about it on SM.

I know people who aren't even fundie who don't do Santa, the Easter Bunny, or Halloween. Some for religious reasons, some not, and at least one family for just laziness. That one is my old college roommate's little brother and his wife. He's Catholic, she's Lutheran, but they don't do ANY of them. Best we can tell, they are just too lazy to do it. I'm not sure about the wife's family, but he certainly grew up with all of them. It pisses my friend off her brother is basically depriving them of childhood memories, but she and her parents won't say anything. They also might home school their kids, the wife, who is a pharmacist for fucks sake, is convinced they will be molested if they go to school. Instead they don't do preschool, play groups, or anything to socialize the kids or regular kid stuff. They have 3 kids under 4, so time will tell, but nothing is looking healthy there. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 6

Okay I watched that video and now hate myself a little more.

Question 1) what movies is Bridegroom Dude watching for tips and techniques? Because that was...uncomfortable to watch.

Question 2) was there a high wind or an earthquake? Why was Abbie swaying like that?

Whatever. I wish them happiness and a manageable number of offspring.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I must comment on Michelle's dress choice as mother of the groom. It's not my taste, but it's not bad. She bought a dress that fits and covers her without needing to tack on random dishtowels and doilies to cover any exposed areas of her defrauding female form. The purple is a good color. The bell sleeves are popular. It looked like she spoiled it a bit with the back stocking and clunky orthopedic shoes she wears everywhere, but after 19 kids, your feet and legs can't be your best feature.

Jill's outfit shows a try and fail. She's wearing a black modesty t-shirt under a dress to a wedding. Why buy an event dress you have to wear a cotton t-shirt under? She looks like a runaway scullery maid in an 18th century novel. 

I agree, Michelle looks good. Jill is wearing her matron of honor dress from Joy's wedding - back when she was very pregnant I might add. I don't remember if she wore that modesty panel at that wedding, but black does not work well with navy blue. Didn't Jill have another navy blue dress that she wore to another wedding - I believe it was knee-length and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any modesty panel. Why couldn't she wear that dress?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I agree, Michelle looks good. Jill is wearing her matron of honor dress from Joy's wedding - back when she was very pregnant I might add. I don't remember if she wore that modesty panel at that wedding, but black does not work well with navy blue. Didn't Jill have another navy blue dress that she wore to another wedding - I believe it was knee-length and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any modesty panel. Why couldn't she wear that dress?

The navy dress was from Dan and Deena's wedding. She looked great in it. 

Is it just me or does Michelle’s bust and midsection look smaller? Maybe it’s because the dress is more fitted than usual attire this she just looked bigger. 

Looks like Jill and Dipshit are sticking to their “must sit by each other in restaurants.” That bugs me more than necessary 

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 7

Jill has a live video in her stories of her and Derick at SDC for a weekend getaway (no kids). She literally says "yay!" in the first few seconds, followed by "woo hoo." I wouldn't want to be married to Derick but I also wouldn't want to be married to someone so mentally stunted she is totally incapable of forming adult sentences. How do they manage to have a conversation?

• Love 19
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I must comment on Michelle's dress choice as mother of the groom. It's not my taste, but it's not bad. She bought a dress that fits and covers her without needing to tack on random dishtowels and doilies to cover any exposed areas of her defrauding female form. The purple is a good color. The bell sleeves are popular. It looked like she spoiled it a bit with the back stocking and clunky orthopedic shoes she wears everywhere, but after 19 kids, your feet and legs can't be your best feature.

Jill's outfit shows a try and fail. She's wearing a black modesty t-shirt under a dress to a wedding. Why buy an event dress you have to wear a cotton t-shirt under? She looks like a runaway scullery maid in an 18th century novel. 

The kids look adorable. Derick is insufferable in his skinny suit, but Derick is just insufferable in anything.

I have no words for two sheet pans of bacon and some other stuff under a big sign that says Bacon. Nothing says Pinterest wedding like a BACON sign. 

Overall, this is an improvement over the Duggars' attempts. Michelle's Tin Man dress has been retired at least. 

Wait they eat bacon?

1 hour ago, graefin said:

Jill has a live video in her stories of her and Derick at SDC for a weekend getaway (no kids). She literally says "yay!" in the first few seconds, followed by "woo hoo." I wouldn't want to be married to Derick but I also wouldn't want to be married to someone so mentally stunted she is totally incapable of forming adult sentences. How do they manage to have a conversation?

Wasn’t her response to being asked if she would marry Derrick “totally!?” So he knew what he was getting.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, graefin said:

Saw a comment elsewhere about Jill and Derick’s trip:

”They are probably being sponsored by Campbell's Soup”

🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who wrote that blog post? They spelled BACHELOR wrong! 🤣🤣🤣

10EE5A6E-7873-40A7-BD2F-74AB16757AD2.jpeg

• Love 13
12 hours ago, graefin said:

I imagine that Derick pontificates and Jill gazes adoringly at him, saying “yay!” after any mention of Jesus (which you know is every few sentences). Derick doesn’t need her to do anything but nod her head and agree with him. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Wait, Jill is saying "yaaay" and no kids around, just Derick? That's even worse than saying it to Sam or Izzy. Is Jill just perpetually stuck in childhood?

Yep, that's exactly it. It's like she's a robot with faulty programming.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, ms.o said:

Is it just me or does Michelle’s bust and midsection look smaller? Maybe it’s because the dress is more fitted than usual attire this she just looked bigger. 

I think Meechelle has lost some weight. Buying decent underwear can never hurt either, so maybe that happened too. Michelle is small, and she looks fine in that dress. I don't easily compliment a Duggar, so there.  

Derick is showing some crotch in that kneeling skinny suit photo. If I weren't female, I'd be defrauded. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Wait, Jill is saying "yaaay" and no kids around, just Derick? That's even worse than saying it to Sam or Izzy. Is Jill just perpetually stuck in childhood?

Okay, in the spirit of the holidays, I tried to keep this thought to myself.

But WTH, misery loves company...anyone else wondering how “yaaay” figures in when they’re having sex?

I’m sorry. Sort of.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

But WTH, misery loves company...anyone else wondering how “yaaay” figures in when they’re having sex?

I’m sorry. Sort of.

I'm not happy to admit I had the same thought.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m sorry. Sort of.

Maybe the activities start off with Jill's "banana song," are punctuated with "woo hoo"s, "adorbs!", and "yes, totally"s throughout, and are finally capped off with a "yay!"?

• Love 8
On 12/15/2018 at 8:25 PM, BradandJanet said:

The kids look adorable. Derick is insufferable in his skinny suit, but Derick is just insufferable in anything.

I have no words for two sheet pans of bacon and some other stuff under a big sign that says Bacon. Nothing says Pinterest wedding like a BACON sign. 

Overall, this is an improvement over the Duggars' attempts. Michelle's Tin Man dress has been retired at least. 

this entire post made me laugh out loud. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, graefin said:

Maybe the activities start off with Jill's "banana song," are punctuated with "woo hoo"s, "adorbs!", and "yes, totally"s throughout, and are finally capped off with a "yay!"?

And activities involving the feet, because I think Derick has a foot fetish (evidence: rubbing feet, painting Jill's toenails, comparing Jubilee's feet to Jill's, etc.).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

And activities involving the feet, because I think Derick has a foot fetish (evidence: rubbing feet, painting Jill's toenails, comparing Jubilee's feet to Jill's, etc.).

IIRC, Gothard is the one with the foot fetish, one of several he has.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

That reminds me of the scene in the episode where they went for pedicures before the wedding. The treatments included a foot soak and foot massages and Derick (who participated) was practically moaning in ecstasy.

• Love 10

Izzy is a doll in those pictures. He looks so happy and proud of himself! Nice to see a real smile from him. 

Michelle looks great in that dress. If she could just do something different with her hair..... but that won't happen. 

• Love 7