Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Ugh, now I feel terrible for Jill. And she was actually super cute at that age. Plus it was weirdly telling that she had zero desire to cling onto her mother. 

IMO she is the worst mother of the bunch, but she was the best buddy. Or at least they were all super close to her. I don’t know what’s going on, but Izzy seems so hyper and desperately needy. 

I think what always depresses me about the home videos is that everything, like her food, is so lacking in life and color. Walls, carpet, furniture - everything is beige. And in an ugly dismal way. I have to live with color and light (even if it’s just WHITE paint). Kendra’s home is minimal, but clean and bright. I’d hang myself in Jill’s place ... and that’s before sleeping with Derrick. 

• Love 21

I have two theories on Jill Vs the Dentist

1. Like others had said, lingering trauma from being molested while asleep.

2. Or she was getting positive attention from Daddy from being scared/was being an overdramatic teenager. Kind of like when you were 14 and pretended to be scared at a movie so you could cling on to your date. 

Attention from Mom and Dad was minimal at best with 19 kids and she had both parents fawning over her for that hour, so she probably ate it up. 

I don't blame her for either of those reasons for being a hot mess.

Jana's commentary made me laugh tho. " It must have been really bad for her" while a laugh after. Keeping sweet but  so snarky all at the same time. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 24

@IntoTheMystic this is amazing!  “inability to be interesting, sexual attraction towards a fantastically ugly man, how easily she is distracted, how easily she is led, and that awful desire she has to open her mouth wide in every single photo ... I just feel like the elevator is there, but it got stuck in the church's pantry --- where she is systematically tossing out anything colorful to eat forever and ever, amen.”

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, awaken said:

@IntoTheMystic this is amazing!  “inability to be interesting, sexual attraction towards a fantastically ugly man, how easily she is distracted, how easily she is led, and that awful desire she has to open her mouth wide in every single photo ... I just feel like the elevator is there, but it got stuck in the church's pantry --- where she is systematically tossing out anything colorful to eat forever and ever, amen.”

Derick wasn't always so ugly. Before his fucked-up face surgery, he was almost cute in a dorky kind of way, like Jilly herself was then. 

• Love 16

He also might have looked better because so many hoped that he would guide Jill out of the cult. Yeah, he lets Izzy go to Sunday School, but he deprives his children of stuff like Santa and trick or treating. Boooooo!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He also might have looked better because so many hopes that he would guide Jill out of the cult. Yeah, he lets Izzy go to Sunday School, but he deprives his children of stuff like Santa and trick or treating. Boooooo!

I bet many of the others deprive their kids of these too. They just don't tell the world about it on SM.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

image.thumb.png.b2e0ebe2be293229526426e12da91b43.png

So, the Maxwells (another fundie family) posted a cinnamon roll recipe. This picture above is the final product (although there were many pictures of the grandkids making the rolls step by step). I must say the presentation looks way better than Jill's. 

So, to completely contradict what I said before, I think these rolls need MORE frosting. LOL.

Edited by Love2dance
Spelling
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

They also have a clean white plate. Jill apparently doesn't have that or didn't think to use it.

From what I've seen, I don't think Jilly knows what "clean" is.  

I'm not sure what to make of her reaction in the dentists chair. Odd and maybe due to trauma. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They also use a $650 mixer. 

Nice, but I think it has more to do with the fact that they had the wit to separate them so that the icing drained down the sides and didn’t look like a sugar carpet.

• Love 8
On 12/11/2018 at 5:21 PM, madpsych78 said:

image.thumb.png.b2e0ebe2be293229526426e12da91b43.png

So, the Maxwells (another fundie family) posted a cinnamon roll recipe. This picture above is the final product (although there were many pictures of the grandkids making the rolls step by step). I must say the presentation looks way better than Jill's. 

The presentation is better, but I actually think Jill's cinnamon rolls looked better. These look too tight and dense, and they don't have enough icing/frosting. Cinnamon rolls are supposed to big bundles of gooey awesomeness, not tiny little bite-sized morsels you have to cut with a knife.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The presentation is better, but I actually think Jill's cinnamon rolls looked better. These look too tight and dense, and they don't have enough icing/frosting. Cinnamon rolls are supposed to big bundles of gooey awesomeness, not tiny little bite-sized morsels you have to cut with a knife.

The top & sides of some of these are overbaked and look hard and dried out.  Their oven obviously bakes unevenly.  I'm fanatical about that kind of stuff.  

I'd eat Jill's.  Not a complete fail for her, who'd a thunk it?  

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I do too. The ones in the Maxwell's photo look like they could double as hockey pucks. I prefer cinnamon rolls that are fluffy and soft. 

• Love 10

I sure hope her kids see that post someday and know that they didn't make the rank of "favourite person".  Not to mention that they didn't even make it into her "favourite day" and "favourite place".  It makes me sad for them.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, lizzie3 said:

I sure hope her kids see that post someday and know that they didn't make the rank of "favourite person".  Not to mention that they didn't even make it into her "favourite day" and "favourite place".  It makes me sad for them.

Oh they already know where they rank ☹️

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

Why would you post this, Jill?  NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY wants to see this. For that matter, why take a picture of it in the first place?

Then again, she grew up subjected to her parents kissing every five seconds, so I guess this is normal to her. Shudder. 

Yeah, her dad was always pawing at and slobbering on her mother, not to mention she had to help keep track of her mother's fertility cycle on a wall calendar in the kitchen. Ick.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

Why would you post this, Jill?  NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY wants to see this. For that matter, why take a picture of it in the first place?

That picture may have turned me off permanently. Someone please pass the brain and eyeball bleach. Yeesh. 

• Love 13

Derick's features are literally sliding off his face. I would sue the hell out of the medical professional who did that, although I suspect Derick somehow is partially responsible (I'm sure there are all kinds of post op directives he didn't follow when he ran off to Danger America).

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 13

It's weird that they all do that pecky fish kiss. Perhaps having had Blob and Mechelle as role models permanently warped the Duggarlings view of what kissing is supposed to look like and since neither they or their spouses are allowed to watch anything beyond a PG rating they are forever doomed to smooch like starving trouts.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Kbo said:

Then again, she grew up subjected to her parents kissing every five seconds, so I guess this is normal to her. Shudder. 

And who took the picture of them kissing? I've taken like two selfies in my life but could one of them have taken the picture or did they enlist some hapless stranger to do it?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

I love my husband dearly, but the poor guy went down my favorite person hierarchy when the kids came along. That’s how kids survive and thrive, by becoming the center of their parents’ world. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, emma675 said:

Derick's features are literally sliding off his face. I would sue the hell out of the medical professional who did that, although I suspect Derick somehow is partially responsible (I'm sure there are all kinds of post op directives he didn't follow when he ran off to Danger America).

Ten years of braces aren't going to fix that disaster. Maybe Derick will sue the surgeon when he passes the bar. Cough, cough. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Catfin said:

I love my husband dearly, but the poor guy went down my favorite person hierarchy when the kids came along. That’s how kids survive and thrive, by becoming the center of their parents’ world. 

And conversely, it explains the Duggarlings' collective failure to thrive (save maybe Jessa). Boobchelle have often talked about putting their marriage before their children.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It’s clear “put your marriage before your children” was drilled into Jill’s head. She may be more devoted to that than any of the cult/religion stuff. 

And the worse things get with her marriage, the more she will cling to the lessons she was taught by her parents. She will never think "This isn't working, I need to change things". Instead it will be "This isn't working, I need to keep pushing harder".

• Love 16

New blog post:

John & Abbie’s Wedding

Dec 15, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

Batchelor ’til the rapture no more! lol Another Duggar brother is hitched! We were thrilled take part in John and Abbie’s special wedding day! We are so excited for them and are grateful to have another sister in the family! <3

8DBD19B8-B897-42CE-84EC-1A75CADA41BB.jpeg

BF0861D5-E6C9-4373-805D-5083588F7F4B.jpeg

183055FF-600F-4948-ADF0-FC6E31E8383B.jpeg

37D33AF0-7B48-4BEB-8D89-3AA35483808A.jpeg

D1833AF0-EF11-4E03-AAA4-A965684D009B.jpeg

C430F7C6-D8E0-46FA-83BB-5501CE52C5CA.jpeg

65FE3CB6-6D10-4660-9EFE-9F5B163A35A6.jpeg

059BD07A-C3B2-486B-B63B-D70FBA16096D.jpeg

FF346E77-1611-4789-8FC2-5044D7680A50.jpeg

56493825-011A-47E5-BDA7-C3E3763D76D4.jpeg

3B798D72-B64C-4B50-9014-52432BD4E945.jpeg

• Love 4

Izzy is adorable and looks proud of himself in several of the pictures, so that's nice to see.

Sam continues to be my favorite little Duggar. Once again he looks ready to escape in both pictures, and what's going on with that jacket?! It looks like it doesn't fit at all-- why bother putting him in it? He's a baby; he would have been fine without it. I'm glad he got to change later (as we saw in the other pictures). And I thought someone said Derrick wasn't there? Or was that just speculation based on his absence from the initial pictures?

• Love 16