Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So the only thing they can say about Israel is that he’s a good big brother?   In a way this doesn’t  surprise me since they only valued  their own older children as buddies to the younger ones. It’s very sad however that they only have 12 grandchildren so far and already don’t know anything about them. 

Well, to be fair, in many instances the "bigs" pride themselves on their caretaking abilities for younger siblings, dolls, pets, etc., and are flattered when adults notice and bring it up.

I'm still laughing over Michelle thinking that we should take our societal cues from bathroom signage caricatures.

Edited by queenanne
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't think Jinger wears pants in front of her parents. Of course she's been seen on IG in pants, so JB and Michelle would have to live under a rock in order to be oblivious. So in a way, it is actually quite daring that Jill will wear pants and shorts in front of Michelle. I mean, didn't Alyssa wear skirts when she visited Gil and Kelly and wear pants in the comfort of her own home?

Thinking about this thing with Jill wearing pants in front of her family. I wonder if this explains why we hardly see Derick with the Duggars (of course, there is the fact that he is a law student, but surprised he doesn't seem to be at Izzy's birthday party with the Duggars). Derick was foisted onto Jill by Boobers, so clearly JB approved of Derick. And Jill was also clearly one of JB's favorites, and maybe JB doesn't have as hard opinions about women wearing skirts/dresses vs. pants as Michelle seems to have? I don't know. Obviously Derick has no problem with Jill wearing pants because Cathy wears pants, but I can't imagine him being that adamant that Jill wear pants either. I don't really think he cares what Jill wears, TBH.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jill seems to give 0 flying farts about what J.B. and Michelle think these days and that says a lot considering how much snitching she did for them throughout her life.  She was clearly the favorite and has probably fallen from their graces a bit.

It may be passive aggressive and a little bit like a teenager rebelling against mommy and daddy, but she has every right to throw all of their twisted rules back at them. 

She'd better be careful though. Unlike Jessa and Jinger, she doesn't have any TLC money coming in anymore. Her husband has no interest in supporting his family and she can't be making much as an "influencer" (because like everything else she does, it's a lazy half-assed effort on her part). She's going to need handouts from Daddy in the future, so she really should stay in his good graces.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

People were super impressed when Jinger put the skirts away the second she got married, but she’s never had the cajones to wear pants or shorts around her parents.  Jill seems to give 0 flying farts about what J.B. and Michelle think these days and that says a lot considering how much snitching she did for them throughout her life.  She was clearly the favorite and has probably fallen from their graces a bit.

It may be passive aggressive and a little bit like a teenager rebelling against mommy and daddy, but she has every right to throw all of their twisted rules back at them. 

It surprised me that it took as long as it did for Jill to start wearing pants. Say what you will about Derick, but he never struck me as someone who would prohibit his wife from wearing pants. It’s interesting that Jill waited until Jinger had already started wearing pants before she was willing to do it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I have no problem with any of the offspring wearing pants or living their life ignoring the Duggars wishes for as adults. And doing so inside the Duggar home.  Plenty of female visitors to the house wear pants. We’ve seen that when events are filmed.   The Duggar’s acknowledge that they do things the way they do because they feel ‘convicted’ to do so, but others may not.  They have to respect their  adult offsprings  choices just as the rest of us have to respect our offsprings choice. For example- I hate tattoos. My adult son got one. He’s certainly still allowed in our home.  

Having said that, the Duggars can still feel free to prevent unmarried offspring from sharing a room in their home with their significant other since they would refuse that activity for other unmarried visitors also. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

It surprised me that it took as long as it did for Jill to start wearing pants. Say what you will about Derick, but he never struck me as someone who would prohibit his wife from wearing pants. It’s interesting that Jill waited until Jinger had already started wearing pants before she was willing to do it. 

I've thought for awhile there must be some tension between the Duggars and Derick after he was ejected from the show. Since Jill was always JB's golden child that must have been hard for her to deal with, but that might also make her more willing to rebel in these small ways. So. I suspect this has less to do with Jinger being the pathmaker and more with Jill being a bit passive-aggressive with her parents since things aren't going well. My guess is Jill never would have done this--or been so brazen about it--if things were going smoothly. It just doesn't seem in her nature to be a rebel for the sake of rebellion or out of any motivation of questioning/challenging the rules of her upbringing without further incentive. Just a guess, though. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don't think Jill wearing pants is passive aggressive evidence of her rebellion at all. If anything, it's in direct line with what she's been taught. Her husband Dreck is now her headship and spiritual leader. If he says 'for God's sake Jill, put on some pants', well then that's what Jill will do. Any blowback from Boob and MEchelle should and will be directed at Dreck, not Jill. 

I suspect the pants issue is only one thing on a very long list of grievances Boob has with Dreck.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

I don't think Jill wearing pants is passive aggressive evidence of her rebellion at all. If anything, it's in direct line with what she's been taught. Her husband Dreck is now her headship and spiritual leader. If he says 'for God's sake Jill, put on some pants', well then that's what Jill will do. Any blowback from Boob and MEchelle should and will be directed at Dreck, not Jill. 

I suspect the pants issue is only one thing on a very list of grievances Boob has with Dreck.

I didn't say it was passive-aggressive evidence of her rebellion. It's passive-aggressiveness directed at her parents. Any official blowback about the pants may be directed at Derelict, but that doesn't mean Jill won't get stinkeye and snotty comments about it. 

• Love 4

They didn’t bother for Israel......

180C870E-E674-49D8-A776-E26F72793B43.jpeg

33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

And that he didn’t slide off the bench with those slippers on his feet, or the bench didn’t roll out from underneath him.  Yet instead of getting him down and reprimanding him, she’s  taking photos and posting it as if he should be proud of his behavior. 

And she took pictures from different angles.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I didn't say it was passive-aggressive evidence of her rebellion. It's passive-aggressiveness directed at her parents. Any official blowback about the pants may be directed at Derelict, but that doesn't mean Jill won't get stinkeye and snotty comments about it. 

I mispoke. What I meant is I personally would not give Jill the least bit of credit for an independant thought or a will of her own, especially that which contradicts her parents cult bullshit.. Ymmv

• Love 2

And once again Izzy the Saint gets a mixed message from his mom.

Poor Israel probably ran and got a blanket to burrito roll Sam into confinement for punishment and Jill laughs and takes pictures.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Disclaimer: I don’t have much experience with small children.

That said, I remain gobsmacked at how casual they seem to be about basic safety. My impulse is to swoop in and grab him off that stool ASAP. No?

Yes!

Though as far as Dillard safety fails go, this probably isn't in the top five...

This one still remains the worst for me:

Followed closely by...

IMG_3862-e1546227758771-768x1024.jpg

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I have two boys, one being a rambunctious 4 year old. There’s no way he could climb the counters and eat two cupcakes without me noticing. If my kids are up, I’m up. If I hear them in the kitchen, that’s where I go. And my house is much larger than theirs, but I can still hear what’s going on if I’m not in the same room as them.  Seriously what was she doing that she just lets them run around doing whatever and has no idea? She literally has nothing else to do but watch her kids. 

It was too much for her to watch Izzy, so I doubt she would whine about how hard it is to watch Izzy and Sammy. I usually can tell what my cat is up to especially when she tries to get into something she knows she should not be getting into. Jill has no excuse for not knowing what Sammy was doing, and it looks like Izzy is taking a page from Jill on how to tell on his sibling.

5 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I mispoke. What I meant is I personally would not give Jill the least bit of credit for an independant thought or a will of her own, especially that which contradicts her parents cult bullshit.. Ymmv

Yeah, I very much doubt she's even aware that she's doing it. I would bet money against her sitting down and thinking, "How do I piss off my mother today." 

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:45 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

People were super impressed when Jinger put the skirts away the second she got married, but she’s never had the cajones to wear pants or shorts around her parents.  Jill seems to give 0 flying farts about what J.B. and Michelle think these days and that says a lot considering how much snitching she did for them throughout her life.  She was clearly the favorite and has probably fallen from their graces a bit.

I guess I'm cynical, but I really wonder if they don't play things like this up just to get people talking.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

It amazes me that both boys haven't been to the er for stitches or an x ray yet.

There are a zillion clueless young parents like them everywhere and their children survive.   Jill and Durwood actually are very normal young parents and also very boring in the extreme.    The difference is Jill insists on posting endless examples of their banality on SM. 

Much to our bemusement. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Were the cupcakes in some sort of container, covered, or anything? Oh who am I kidding, this is Jill. The cupcakes were probably made with cream of whatever soup. Then again, they probably were not and that is why Sam wanted to eat them. He has to get sustenance somehow.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Totally said:

I’m a hands on parent ... and my son could def scarf down two cupcakes and without me noticing, and more if I’m trying to manage a shower😒

Me too - which is why I restrained my comments to how she behaved once she became aware of the situation.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Damn I hate to defend Jill again, but I had a nephew and two cousins like Sam. They were natural born daredevils, falling, or the threat of falling, didn’t scare them, and they’d be on to the next stunt before you could catch your breath. Some kids are just mischievous, and Sam has that familiar look in his eye. He’s probably a handful that will climb on anything and get into anything much like my nephew.  He is also probably bored with the selection of toys available and needs more advanced stimulation like my nephew.  

It’s not like the kids in my family weren’t supervised or raised properly, but no one can keep their eye on their kids at all times.  Anyone who says they can is lying, or neurotic and obviously neglecting other duties.  No one can be in two places at one time, and parents have things they need to do besides hover over their children 24/7 (speaking from the experience of raising 2 kids for three years). Do I think Jill is a world-class parent? Absolutely not! Do I think she could have been showering, taking a poop, getting groceries out of the car, answering the door, changing the air filter, making the bed, etc.?  Yep.  Kids sneak cookies, cupcakes, and candy all the time.   Sam is probably smart enough to remember where the cupcakes were, and smart enough to realize Jill was distracted.  

And for the record, I think it’s good that Izzy told Jill that Sam was eating something that wasn’t given to him.  He could have just as easily ingested some chemical, a choking hazard, or something like that.  He is still a baby.  

I agree.  Some kids get into things and some don't.  Jill seems clueless about a lot, but there are probably a lot of parents just like her.  A lot of us grew up in the pre-baby proofing days.  My parents were very hands on and all 3 of us managed to have many injuries.  Stitches for all, a broken wrist, black eyes, jumping off a jungle gym and getting the wind knocked out of you.  Tying bikes and wagons together with a jump rope and rolling down our steep hill.  Flying down a steep hill with my feet on the handlebars of my bike.  I was grounded for that one. And much, much more.  Kids get into things.  The difference is social media.  Jill learned to parent as a young girl.  She still parents about the same way.  

Derick is still an idiot.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I don't think the problem is that Jill's kids get into things - not unusual that kids will do that and not reasonably possible to prevent every possible danger.  The problem is her response.  Instead of getting the child out of the precarious situation, she takes pictures.  If her kids were dangling off the rim of the Grand Canyon, she'd be capturing the action from multiple angles.

It is learn from her mother. In the case of Jill, she has been taught my kids do something like this I film it because in her mind her children are her bread and butter so to speak. Just like her parents thinking their children are the bread and butter aka money and five minutes of fame.

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It is learn from her mother. In the case of Jill, she has been taught my kids do something like this I film it because in her mind her children are her bread and butter so to speak. Just like her parents thinking their children are the bread and butter aka money and five minutes of fame.

And just like Jessa. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And once again Izzy the Saint gets a mixed message from his mom.

Poor Israel probably ran and got a blanket to burrito roll Sam into confinement for punishment and Jill laughs and takes pictures.

My thoughts exactly.  Guarantee Izzy would’ve been punished, if he’d done it.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

My thoughts exactly.  Guarantee Izzy would’ve been punished, if he’d done it.

Nobody can guarantee what would happen in someone else's home. 

I see a lot of Jim Bob in Sam's face. Those Duggar genes are strong. 

• Love 3

Tattling is like breathing for most preschoolers. In fact, the most recent "This American Life" podcast has a really cute story about some preschool teachers who got tired of listening to the kids tattle on each other, so they put a fake phone in the classroom and told the kids to "tell it to the phone." The TAL reporter did them one better: he installed a real phone with voice mail in the classroom. The messages were hilarious. https://www.thisamericanlife.org/672/no-fair

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

I don't think the problem is that Jill's kids get into things - not unusual that kids will do that and not reasonably possible to prevent every possible danger.  The problem is her response.  Instead of getting the child out of the precarious situation, she takes pictures.  If her kids were dangling off the rim of the Grand Canyon, she'd be capturing the action from multiple angles.

This is my thought too. Plus it teaches Sam that climbing all over everything gets positive attention so he'll just do it more. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

My friend and I babysat one of those daring kids that got into everything.  The first time my friend babysat him, he swallowed a dime. At various times ( not all with babysitters but parents too) he also stuck his tongue to inside frosty freezer, vacuumed out toilet with vacuum (luckily it was a wet vac) & did something with a stick of butter I can't remeber  but wasn't good.  We think the local ER never got to file his chart away because he was a very frequent visitor.  He made it to adulthood  with kids of his own & luckily a family member is a nurse.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Portia said:

Tattling is like breathing for most preschoolers. In fact, the most recent "This American Life" podcast has a really cute story about some preschool teachers who got tired of listening to the kids tattle on each other, so they put a fake phone in the classroom and told the kids to "tell it to the phone." The TAL reporter did them one better: he installed a real phone with voice mail in the classroom. The messages were hilarious. https://www.thisamericanlife.org/672/no-fair

That tattle phone was priceless!!!

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Suzn said:

Just like her mom

• Love 14