Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I doubt it’s section 8 housing. It’s years on waiting list just to get it. Nah they just live in low income area.  If Dereck wasn’t a dummy he’d still be working at Walmart.  

4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I hope he does.   

Becky from third row better read it to and stop bringing Dereck lunch every day.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I seriously doubt Deredick would still be working at Walmart. He probably would have been fired by now. He clearly was not happy there. He is probably feeling trap right now with Jill and the two boys because he wants a different life than what he has right now.

8 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Doesnt SlumBob provide free to almost free housing for his married kids in his rental empire?

His housing comes with a catch because it is his way of controlling them after they get married.

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

There’s never anything wrong with living in a low income area. At any point in life.

This.  I don’t care where they live, but this is within their means and is normal for a family of four on a limited income. This makes more sense than the McMansion did, even when he was working, had TLC money, and it was free. It feels icky to snark on their housing.  I would have shanked someone to live in that complex when I was younger. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Is that Derelick's mom?

Yes, that's his mom, but no, she doesn't own the property. It belongs to Cross Church. Remember, they moved there right before Derelict started his $12,000 "internship."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Granted the Dillard's current home is a step down from the McMansion and the TTH, but it seems far better than the homes the Duggar brood were living in pre-TTH.  I have no idea what Deralick's childhood home was like, but it's certainly an upgrade from what Jill lived in as a small child.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Granted the Dillard's current home is a step down from the McMansion and the TTH, but it seems far better than the homes the Duggar brood were living in pre-TTH.  I have no idea what Deralick's childhood home was like, but it's certainly an upgrade from what Jill lived in as a small child.

I agree! I'm sorry for any toes I stepped on with my comments. I completely didn't mean to come off as judgmental of anyone who has lived in low income areas before! There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and their complex looks clean and safe. I had students who lived in a two-bedroom house with ten siblings and several aunts and uncles, unsure of where their next meal was coming from, and I'm sure they would trade an arm and a leg to move in with Jill and Derick. They often didn't have more than one or two outfits either, and they were constantly hungry and asking for snacks. Izzy and Sam are definitely not growing up that way! Plus, I would definitely side eye them if they still lived in the pool house, off the show and with neither working. It always grinded my gears when they came home from danger America and got to live there! They are living within their means, which is commendable. 

I think the photos are the problem, not the housing. There are definitely ways that Jill could take photos there and make them look better. Not squinting into the sun would help, for one. Also, varying locations  and vantage points more around the property would help. The pictures just allllll look the same. If a company is paying you to advertise, I think you should bring your A game, and Jill has no ideas except "just go stand outside the front door and get it over." Jinger or Jessa could help her experiment with different ways to make the photos interesting IMO. 

I am so sorry if I made anyone feel bad because of my comments, though! That was absolutely not my intention, to make anyone feel bad about where they grew up. The neighborhood seems clean and safe (except inside Jill's unit, hehe), and so many great people grow up in places much, much less desirable! I just wish Jill would put more creativity into her photos, is all. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Jill has no ideas except "just go stand outside the front door and get it over."

I think this is how Jill approaches everything in life because she was raised not to think too hard about anything ever:

"Just go stand in the kitchen with this cream of cream soup and get dinner over."

"Just go be a Wifey in Danger America and get this mission trip over."

"Just go lay down in the bed with Hubby because it's Yay Night and get this three and a half minutes over."

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, SoupyShoes said:

I think this is how Jill approaches everything in life because she was raised not to think too hard about anything ever:

"Just go stand in the kitchen with this cream of cream soup and get dinner over."

"Just go be a Wifey in Danger America and get this mission trip over."

"Just go lay down in the bed with Hubby because it's Yay Night and get this three and a half minutes over."

I mean...I can definitely see it! It's not like her education was particularly engaging. I think most of us learn how to put forth effort in life through school. While there are some things we just have to "get through," like busywork, most of us find something that catches our interest. Most of us discover books that we can't put down, and we actually enjoy writing the book report about. A lot of us are inspired by a person, and enjoy doing a research project on that person. I always loved writing, and started writing in my free time at a young age. When I was in high school, i loved yearbook and theatre, which were both long-term projects that were going to be presented to the public. We also got immediate feedback from our peers, so it was in our best interest for the yearbook or play to be impressive.

So after we've all had experiences like that, we A) are used to working hard on something we love, and B) have skills to do it. I would think that modeling for a company was an exciting opportunity, and would use my knowledge of colors, backgrounds, and photography to get a good shot. I would also have the perspective to know that it had to be up to certain standards, because the public will see it, and I don't want to look stupid.

I can't imagine how boring Jill's school was, though. They weren't allowed to be passionate about anything, and slodging through the day was encouraged. Math worksheet, whatever. Memorize bible verse, yay god! Whatever. Read paragraph about eye traps, whatever. Am I done now? Time to make the tater tot casserole. Wanna read Nancy drew? Nope, forbidden. How about writing a report on Amelia Earhart? Noooooo!!!! She is not a proper fundie woman! Let's do a play, then. All right, we'll slap one together for Mom and Dad. They'll say it's wonderfullllll. Wanna make a yearbook? No, we don't need to do that. But you know what? If we needed one, it would be the best, most awesome one ever, because WE ARE SPECIAL!!!! 

So I can definitely see where Jill's attitude comes from. "Doing an ad? Well, i guess all we have to do is take a picture. Might as well squeeze it in between vacuuming and making cream of crap tortillas. Since I'm a duggar and have tons of fans, it'll be super special. Done!"

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

This.  I don’t care where they live, but this is within their means and is normal for a family of four on a limited income. This makes more sense than the McMansion did, even when he was working, had TLC money, and it was free. It feels icky to snark on their housing.  I would have shanked someone to live in that complex when I was younger. 

I'll never slam somebody for living in a low-cost residence, but I will be critical of them letting it become an indoor trash heap. 

Worn, a bit shabby but within your financial means is fine, and nothing to be ashamed of.  But when it's also visibly filthy and cluttered, that's when my snotty self comes out.  

Photos of sticky tables, a food-encrusted stove, piles of dirty laundry on the floor show that  stay-at-home mom Jill has drastically different priorities than most of her peers.  And it's gross. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, rainclouds said:

Jill and Derick bought a new build house they are moving. It’s on their blog.

Just looked at the pictures, looks nice. Wondering how they afforded this. We are building our 2nd new home and it's not cheap.

Also:
Dear Jilly,

Please keep this very nice new home clean.

• Love 8

Jill as always, needs some social media skills. The pictures make it easy to know where they live. So, I’m only posting 2.

Exciting News!!

Apr 18, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

The last few weeks for us have been busy! Not only just keeping up with life and Derick’s hectic school schedule, but we have also been in the process of planning for the future…we are excited to share with you that we are moving!! 

We are relocating to Lowell, AR, which is closer to family and more centrally located in Northwest Arkansas. We started the process to build several months ago and have taken pictures along the way and are excited to share them with y’all now!

669C4D07-1095-4C1D-A9B3-B7B5282B9573.jpeg

19A870ED-AB63-4EF3-85D3-468CE56B9A94.jpeg

• Love 3

That has low builder-grade tract house written all over it, from those photos, at least. It’s relatively easy to get into a new subdivision while it’s being slapped up and in many areas, it’s cheaper than an older home with an established neighborhood and landscaping. They may have a balloon payment scheduled to coincide with Derrick’s fabulous lawyer income starting.

It’s semi-custom, if that. If in fact it’s a stand-alone project, her contractor is cheaping out big time. Home Depot sells nicer stuff.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8

If she’s paying subcontractors by the hour to spend time scribbling Bible verses on walls, she is first, stupid, and second, is going to be very unhappy when shit starts to fail.

The good subs are in, done and out and onto the next. That’s how they get a reputation that gets them the McMansion custom projects and keeps them in $75k custom pickup trucks.

• Love 10

They are probably going by after the subs leave for the day to add their bs to the walls etc.  We have had 2 houses built and always went after 5pm to check it out and take pics.   However, we never wrote on anything for crying out loud.   Idiots

• Love 6

My notes to contractors were much briefer:

“Why is the overhead heater fan now installed in the laundry closet and not master bath? Washer doesn’t need to be kept warm.”

”Why is there not a single smoke detector in the garage? The inspection is tomorrow, right?”

“Framing looks great. However, there is no door opening for the master bathroom???”

We have built houses four times in various places. After this last (see above), I told Mr. Wiser the next move is into an urn. I am NOT going through this again.

Back to topic...this could be why Jill has aged ten years lately. God knows I did.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

I also wonder how they can afford this. I hope they're not waiting for Derick's amazing lawyer income. My ex who was in law school was salivating at the mouth, hoping to get a 40K a year job! And that was best case scenario...far more likely was no lawyer job (which is what ultimately happened). Plus over 100K debt. That salary that he hoped for is about what I made after five years of teaching in the 49th best compensated state in the country. 

You can't count on making good money as a lawyer anymore, that's for sure. I'm thinking people at very prestigious law schools have it differently, though. 

My immediate thought was: if they're building, does anyone else think this means only two children for them? I'm thinking that if they still thought they were having an army, they'd stay where they are a while and save money, and then get another McMansion when Derick is out of school. The fact that they are building a house that is a good size for two children makes me think the rumors are true and Jilly can't have anymore! Or maybe they're even more impulsive than we thought, and they're planning to move to a larger place later and have more kids. In that case, though, why move at all?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5

Funny how Deredick was complaining last year about TLC and JB not paying the medical bills for one of his son's medical bills because the birth story line was on the show, but he has the money to go to law school and a new house. Did he win the lottery or did a rich relative on his side of the family die and leave him some money. And of course the house has to be close to family so they can hand Izzy and Sammy to the relatives because we all know how hard it is take care of two children by yourself. 

WTF - I’m in grad school now and could not imagine buying a home. They’ve gotta be pissing away that sweet TLC savings. Dillard family ministries might have been pretty lucrative too. I’m shocked JB didn’t have them buy a used home. At least it’s nicer than Jessa’s house. 😀

(For the record I paid off my home before going back to school, by WORKING HARD FOR YEARS, like a responsible adult. Give that a shot, grifters.)

i hate the Spanish everywhere. You don’t speak Spanish, idiots. You communicate in idioms in an attempt to look worldly. Anyone can grunt out the the spiritual version of hasta la vista baby. 

48D88771-34D2-4075-8037-2BBD25E0ADDA.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Funny how Deredick was complaining last year about TLC and JB not paying the medical bills for one of his son's medical bills because the birth story line was on the show, but he has the money to go to law school and a new house. Did he win the lottery or did a rich relative on his side of the family die and leave him some money. And of course the house has to be close to family so they can hand Izzy and Sammy to the relatives because we all know how hard it is take care of two children by yourself. 

Isn't Jana the in family nanny?

1 minute ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Isn't Jana the in family nanny?

Jana is the Fanny

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

My notes to contractors were much briefer:

“Why is the overhead heater fan now installed in the laundry closet and not master bath? Washer doesn’t need to be kept warm.”

”Why is there not a single smoke detector in the garage? The inspection is tomorrow, right?”

“Framing looks great. However, there is no door opening for the master bathroom???”

We have built houses four times in various places. After this last (see above), I told Mr. Wiser the next move is into an urn. I am NOT going through this again.

Back to topic...this could be why Jill has aged ten years lately. God knows I did.

I remembered when we had our weatherization audit last month, and the guy had me look over and sign some paper work. He said I probably will feel like I am filling out the forms to buy my house again. He did ask me if I had any medical issues which could make me sick when they start the work. I did tell him about my sinuses, allergies, and eye health.

I still cannot believe they posted religious writing all over the house. I mean seriously. I do not plan to do the same thing when they start the work on my house. I will be happy when they start the work and finish up because it will improve things big time when it comes to the heating and cooling inside. I do wonder if Deredick made sure the workers were "Godly" workers because they cannot have heathens working on the house.

Edited by bigskygirl

I don't get it.  How can they afford this while he is still in school and presumably living on student loans?  And add to that the fact that Jill is a SAHM with 2 kids?  It makes no sense at all

My son is a graduate student.  He has free tuition and gets a modest stipend.  He and his wife and their two daughters live in a small 2 bedroom apartment.  My daughter-in-law is currently on paid maternity leave (they are in Canada), but she did work part time before she had the baby.  They have no money for a down payment for a house and will rent for a few years after he graduates (loan free), until they can save some money.

If it wasn't for Derick bitching about paying medical bills I would have guessed he had some sort of lump sum from when his father died (insurance policy?) but I am just baffled by this.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 19

Their financial situation doesn't make sense to me. They were complaining about hospital bills and yet they can afford law school and a beautiful new house. 

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I also wonder how they can afford this. I hope they're not waiting for Derick's amazing lawyer income. My ex who was in law school was salivating at the mouth, hoping to get a 40K a year job! And that was best case scenario...far more likely was no lawyer job (which is what ultimately happened). Plus over 100K debt. That salary that he hoped for is about what I made after five years of teaching in the 49th best compensated state in the country. 

You can't count on making good money as a lawyer anymore, that's for sure. I'm thinking people at very prestigious law schools have it differently, though. 

My immediate thought was: if they're building, does anyone else think this means only two children for them? I'm thinking that if they still thought they were having an army, they'd stay where they are a while and save money, and then get another McMansion when Derick is out of school. The fact that they are building a house that is a good size for two children makes me think the rumors are true and Jilly can't have anymore! Or maybe they're even more impulsive than we thought, and they're planning to move to a larger place later and have more kids. In that case, though, why move at all?

I agree with the top parts money and being a lawyer. Especially if you take into account how many people go to law school, take the bar exam and don't pass.

I totally disagree that this means they can't have more children. For one thing in one of the bible quotes on the board is Psalm 127, literally the Psalm and versus of the bible where quiverfull gets it's name. For another, these people never plan that far in advance. They'll outgrow this house, sell it or try to, and buy a new one. It reminds me of when my friend who seems to be a quiverful Catholic, got married and bought the stupidest house for the hoard of kids she planned to have. I remember looking at thinking this is a dumb house for having a lot of little children in (I didn't tell her that). Sure enough three years later they sold it after two kids and in time for the third. 

This is also giving me serious Sister Wives flashbacks when they moved to Las Vegas. I find the bible quotes everywhere annoying. 

• Love 8

If it’s a builder-owned project, it’s generally a whole lot easier to get financing from a builder than a bank or mortgage company. If they had even 5% as a down payment and someone to cosign they could probably get the house, especially if the builder thinks they add some kind of freakshow/religious branding value.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do wonder if Deredick made sure the workers were "Godly" workers because they cannot have heathens working on the house.

I was going to say that I wondered if the builders were super "Godly" too. If not, all those bible quotes must've gotten a ton of eye rolls every day. Didn't even think about the fact Deredick probably wouldn't want heathens in the house. That was probably his first concern.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I was going to say that I wondered if the builders were super "Godly" too. If not, all those bible quotes must've gotten a ton of eye rolls every day. Didn't even think about the fact Deredick probably wouldn't want heathens in the house. That was probably his first concern.

He might be concern one of the heathen workers might take a fancy to Jill.

At this point I have to think Derick was complaining about the medical bills because he felt TLC owed them something, not because he couldn’t pay them.

Wasn’t there a rumor that some Christian organization was paying for law school?  Maybe Derick really is an employee somewhere on the books.  Even though the mortgage bubble is slowly coming back, I can’t see them getting approved without any income.  The builder might have some kind of in-house lending program which may not be as strict as a mortgage, but they would still need serious assets to buy the house on their own.

• Love 4

Okay, so this is as far down Stalkerville Road as I ever plan to go, but I googled and found the 3BR/2BA version of that same house in that town. It’s “eligible for zero down payment” and is $203k. Zillow’s estimated monthly cost at zero down is a little over $1200 including taxes and insurance.

Excuse me. Must go shower.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
On 4/15/2019 at 6:08 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

The worst cockroaches were the ones we had when we were stationed in Guam. They were enormous, and you couldn't keep them out of the house. At one point, the toilet in our housing unit had to be replaced because the seal gave out, and when they pulled it free of the floor, a wave of cockroaches came spilling up out of the hole like something out of a horror movie! I don't have much of a fear of bugs, but that's not an image I will ever forget! 

Another random, creepy thing was that they would eat labels off cans, jars, and other things which might have been in storage, but they did seem to prefer come colors over others. I had a watercolor painting of my kids which I had been working on, but wasn't terribly happy with, so it ended up in a closet for some time. My kids all have brown eyes, and for some reason, the roaches decided that was a yummy color, and when I came across the painting a few months later, the eyes had been eaten out of it! Truly disturbing!

Off topic so I cut it

Edited by Natalie68

Do you think it’s possible that Jill did a better job saving money from when she was on Counting on than we would have thought? And/or maybe JimBob and Michelle actually did have money in accounts for the kids from their years on 19 Kids and Counting and they’re using that? Or maybe even JimBob helped with the house just because he wouldn’t want it to appear that his adult offspring is anything but successful, even if he’s annoyed with them?

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 3

I went to the builders site.
"At Rausch Coleman Homes, we honor God through our commitment to Integrity and Excellence in all aspects of homebuilding.

I also saw the models they build. Jill and Derick built the smallest(not small by any means)and cheapest according to their site. The site says that model starts at $918 a month, but that's before taxes and insurance. Of course this changes with whatever the interest rates are and if they put any money down.

Edited to add that the reviews for these builders and homes are awful. From what I've read, they fall apart after a few years and use cheap cheap materials. Someone said that the houses don't cost much because they pay the contractors low cost based on how many houses they can build in a subdivision.

Derick must've read the "God" part of their testimony and went with it. Investigating the builders, their work and reviews are step one in finding a decent builder...

Edited by Madtown
  • Useful 7
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Do you think it’s possible that Jill did a better job saving money from when she was on Counting on that we would have thought? And/or maybe JimBob and Michelle actually did have money in accounts for the kids from their years on 19 Kids and Counting and they’re using that? Or maybe even JimBob helped with the house just because he wouldn’t want it to appear that his adult offspring is anything but successful, even if he’s annoyed with them?

I agree it's possible JB is helping with this, or gave Jill some lump sum for her years on TV. It's also possible that the Dullards have gotten some kind of settlement from TLC, maybe settled out of court, over $ they think they are owed. Perhaps that's how Derick got so interested in becoming a lawyer - pursuing payment from TLC.

According to google maps, Lowell is about 10 miles from Tontitown - of course they're moving closer to the Duggars. What town does Cathy live in?

• Love 5