Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jill must be one of those people who look in the mirror, but don't really look in the mirror.

And obviously she was not given the morning example of my mom ironing. My mom ironed hers and my father's clothing every morning and mine and my siblings too if needed. 

I really don't think Jill (or her sisters) show any signs of PTSD, depression or any other mental health issue. They just show signs of being Duggars.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

I think the dress is better than the jumpsuit because of the color and the detail on the sleeves. It's still wrinkled, but not as extensively as the jumpsuit. The length isn't practical for a woman chasing around after kids, but she'll probably save it for date night with Dreck. (Sorry!!!)

However, it's a bad look on Jill for the same reason it would be a bad look on me. It makes her boobs and her waist appear to be in the same place. I'm old and have an excuse, but I wear bras that do the best job they can. Jill just looks dumpy at her age. 

Stacy and Clinton would have her model that dress and the jumpsuit and then dump both items in the big trashcans. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

People have been talking about their personal appearance and conditions of their homes, I was wondering what the scoop is on their personal hygiene. I've known well to do people who had bad personal hygiene

Edited by BrianJ1962
Misspelling
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think of all the girls who were molested by Smugs she was the one who was most affected. Instead of getting her the help she might needs, JB marries her off to Deredick who seems one or more short of a six pack himself. He is not happy with the way his life has went after they got married. I cannot stand her, but I feel a little bad for her.

I agree with you. I think Jill internalized a good bit of her trauma over the event. Poor thing. I am not even able to pretend to know what it would be like to be violated in such a way by someone you loved and trusted. 

Given Jill likes her hair super super long I’m surprised she doesn’t do more braids. Crown braids, French braids, Dutch braids, four strand braids (yes I love braids!!) I admit to being totally clueless as to what straight Caucasian type hair looks like when it’s dirty but a hair brush is a hair brush. A comb is a comb. I would LOVE to give her a nice Dutch braid or something- keep it out of her face. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I think Jill internalized a of her trauma over the event. Poor thing. I am not even able to pretend to know what it would be like to be violated in such a way by someone you loved and trusted. 

Given Jill likes her hair super super long I’m surprised she doesn’t do more braids. Crown braids, French braids, Dutch braids, four strand braids (yes I love braids!!) I admit to being totally clueless as to what straight Caucasian type hair looks like when it’s dirty but a hair brush is a hair brush. A comb is a comb. I would LOVE to give her a nice Dutch braid or something- keep it out of her face. 

I was physically and mentally abused along with some things happening which were totally inappropriate by two male family members. It still affects me aka anxiety and PTSD. I was told if I was nice to at least one of them they would not try to hurt me, and my own mother told me I deserved the abuse. There are things I have not told anyone in my family about because I know would not believe me or say I am trying to get the person in trouble.

Makes me want to hunt down JB, Michelle and Smugs and beat the crap out of them. I sometime wonder if Jill wears something like above dress in order to cover herself up because she might still be a little fearful someone may try to inappropriately touch her again.

Does Jill choose her modeling outfits from Lemon and Lemonade, or does she just get what they send her? If she's selecting these outfits, I almost feel bad for her for acquiring her mother's lack of taste, e.g., mother-of-the-bride Tin Man monstrosity. She's going to end up with a closet full of junk. She did better with the things from Amy's shop, but that gig seems to be over. 

The ugly striped knit shirt made another appearance in a new photo, paired with the mustard cardigan, of course, so she obviously keeps the stuff.  I wonder if she's getting the clothes for free. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

(* Seriously. Add a pair of pink reading glasses on a chain and some Birkenstocks and she’s reiki-ing all over you.)

How dare you imply that Jill would ever practice witchcraft!  I think she is wonderfully dressed for an afternoon of writing  supernatural texts on the inside of her new home. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Agreed! I am surprised they don’t do more with their hair. MacKenzie’s hair is usually styled. I would actually put Joy second and Jana third, and everyone else does nothing or the long waves. I noticed Kendra had a little braid for her pregnancy announcement, but the placement of it was weird - it was too far back on her head.

I share Jill’s eye for fashion and creativity, but even I liked to do a little something with my hair when it was longer. Like you said, there are so many different kinds of braids. You would think the lost girls would have endless hair styles. There are plenty of conservative YouTube channels. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I was physically and mentally abused along with some things happening which were totally inappropriate by two male family members. It still affects me aka anxiety and PTSD. I was told if I was nice to at least one of them they would not try to hurt me, and my own mother told me I deserved the abuse. There are things I have not told anyone in my family about because I know would not believe me or say I am trying to get the person in trouble.

Makes me want to hunt down JB, Michelle and Smugs and beat the crap out of them. I sometime wonder if Jill wears something like above dress in order to cover herself up because she might still be a little fearful someone may try to inappropriately touch her again.

I’m so very sorry that happened to you, and I’m also sorry those who were obligated to protect and comfort you didn’t do so. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m so very sorry that happened to you, and I’m also sorry those who were obligated to protect and comfort you didn’t do so. 

Thank you! There are children who had it a lot worse than I had it. At least my parents did not turn into famewhores and paraded me around for five minutes of fame and money. I can snark about Jill and rest of the Duggar clan, but I still hate the fact she and three of her sisters were abused by her parents and brother. She did not deserve it.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I admit to being totally clueless as to what straight Caucasian type hair looks like when it’s dirty but a hair brush is a hair brush. 

If her hair is anything like mine (which is straight but with some light natural wave and used to be longer than hers), it gets oily and stringy fast when it is unwashed and will even lie flat because of the weight of it. (Sorry if that's TMI.) Mine is super oily, though. Like, I am in danger of looking like whatever is wrong with Norman Reedus' hair now that he has apparently embraced the Daryl hair in real life if I don't wash my hair every day. Hell, even washing it too early in the day can mean it looks oily late in the evening, so I have to time showers accordingly to avoid looking unkempt. LOL

I don't know if hers is as oily as mine or not, so I can't honestly tell if her hair is dirty in the jumpsuit picture. But it definitely looks like it's been a few days since it was brushed. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

The jumpsuit DOES look like a prison outfit. I thought Jill was an extra on OITNB. 

The top half of the purple dress looks like a bridesmaid dress, and the bottom half looks like an Amish or FLDS dress. 

The dress might be cuter if it was knee length. The billowy bottom half does it no favors. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Same, @Zella. I think my hair has a 26 hour window 😂 If I don’t wash it by mid-morning, I can smell it. The smell of oily hair has to be one of the top grossest smells to me. I can walk by someone with BO or a gassy dog, but I can’t deal with oily hair smell.

@Scarlett45 I highly suspect whenever Jill wears the hairband, she is wearing it to hide dirty hair that would be evident by an oily hairline/scalp. Somewhat fortunate for her the hair bands are in style right now. Not the ones she wears, but close. The ones she wears is what I wear to keep my hair out of my face when I wash my hair.

• Love 7

I actually like the lavender dress. It needs to be hemmed for her or she needs tall shoes. I would wear that actually.  It does look a little big.

I think it's much better than the  wrinkled beige jumpsuit, but obviously tastes vary.

3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, at least it fits a little better.

It also makes her look like she’s 45 and running a crystals and shakra healing booth* at the Farmers Market, but maybe she was going for that.

(* Seriously. Add a pair of pink reading glasses on a chain and some Birkenstocks and she’s reiki-ing all over you.)

I could totally see Jill like that (not that the old part, but the Reiki part).  I definitely think she could have been a Reiki healer if she hadn't been fundie. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Same, @Zella. I think my hair has a 26 hour window 😂 If I don’t wash it by mid-morning, I can smell it. The smell of oily hair has to be one of the top grossest smells to me. I can walk by someone with BO or a gassy dog, but I can’t deal with oily hair smell.

@Scarlett45 I highly suspect whenever Jill wears the hairband, she is wearing it to hide dirty hair that would be evident by an oily hairline/scalp. Somewhat fortunate for her the hair bands are in style right now. Not the ones she wears, but close. The ones she wears is what I wear to keep my hair out of my face when I wash my hair.

Lol I have sometimes washed it twice in one day if I know I wont have time to take a shower the next morning. 😂 

I'm now actually wondering if derick has oily hair. I don't want to go looking for pics of when they look gross, but it could be one reason why he often looks so disheveled. This is assuming they have normal hygiene practices, though I'm not really sure that is the case.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill thought this was a good picture? Same is channeling JD serial killer vibes! 

There were super excited kind words? I am super surprise. I probably will super excited with a tiny spec of kind words surprise later today.

5 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is probably the worst one yet.Screenshot_20190420-085611_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.94e4260b4d0f665af7192729840caf20.jpgScreenshot_20190420-090201_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.6b0469152a57a2a672ae5cba4c0fdeb4.jpg

Jill looks like a cult member here. Which, come to think of it, she is. That dress makes her look like 40 pounds heavier than she is. Though I suspect @bigskygirl is correct and Jill may wear her clothes too big to keep from calling attention to her shape and feel safer from male attention due to being molested by her creep brother. Still, this dress really cries out for a good bra.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

I am not a fashionista by any means and genuinely not trying to be snarky here. I don't understand how Jill looks so thick and chubby in the clothes she "models". Is it that the clothing is ill fitting, the fabric....both?  She looks awful.

Ouch, she honestly doesn't look all that big to me.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Jill looks like a cult member here. Which, come to think of it, she is. That dress makes her look like 40 pounds heavier than she is. Though I suspect @bigskygirl is correct and Jill may wear her clothes too big to keep from calling attention to her shape and feel safer from male attention due to being molested by her creep brother. Still, this dress really cries out for a good bra.

The dress calls for a match and/or lighting fluid or a good makeover.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm so sorry.. Fellow abused kid here. ((((hugs))) 

Jilly will never get any help. Which is unfortunate.

Those clothes are awful. Her hair looks so much better braided. 

How are they affording that house? Neither one of them works. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill thought this was a good picture? Sammy is channeling JD serial killer vibes! 

This right here is an example of greasy caucasian hair.  It is also very dull at the same time.  Worst part of being a hairdresser was the smell of dirty head as well as the smell of the hair of someone on a lot of medication.  It has been well over 20 years since I did hair and I can still smell it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Good news/bad news, oily scalp gals! Yes,it does get better. But not until menopause. I can skip days now and even skip two on occasion. But on those occasions, I double down with dry shampoo on the roots.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

I bet Jill's hair is greasy and smelly. How does she ever have time to wash and dry that haystack? Life would be so much easier for her if she had a foot of it cut off. The drains wouldn't clog, the pillow cases would stay cleaner, and she wouldn't be fussing with a hairdryer for 45 minutes while the kids were off standing on rolling kitchen stools to find food. If her hair looked great and she had help around the house, I could see it working for her. As it is, it's just a tired tribute to a creepy old man with a hair and foot fetish. 

• Love 18
23 hours ago, Trillium said:

There are no words. Except, hopefully that new house has an iron...and a brush. 

C7E3BFED-FC4C-4A25-A14A-B5176AD40129.jpeg

Oh my!  Oh Jill!

Surely with that wrinkled, beige mess and unbrushed, bushy hair, surely we are being trolled.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Washing oily hair often actually makes it produce more oil. I washed my fine, blinde, oily hair twice a day as a teen because that was how I was taught to deal with it. I learned much later that both washing and brushing too much exacerbates the problem. I love having long hair, but up-dos and braids let me skip a day between washings. I also never blow dry.

My daughters have similar hair, and I am training their hair to not use shampoo, but do cleansing conditioner washes every other day instead. It never looks dirty or smells oily. One of my girls likes hers kept in a pixie cut, which is great because it is so thin.

Jill's hair actually looks pretty good in a side braid. It is very thick, even at the bottom. I've noticed many of my high school students have the over long unbrushed hair look, too. I feel very old with my coiffed hair, but when I was a kid I hated it when people said my hair looked stringy, and that is all I see with that style.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This right here is an example of greasy caucasian hair.  It is also very dull at the same time.  Worst part of being a hairdresser was the smell of dirty head as well as the smell of the hair of someone on a lot of medication.  It has been well over 20 years since I did hair and I can still smell it!

Agreed--it does look pretty greasy there.

One of my former hairdressers used to complain to me about people with dirty hair and how gross it was to do their hair. I can only imagine. 

51 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Washing oily hair often actually makes it produce more oil. I washed my fine, blinde, oily hair twice a day as a teen because that was how I was taught to deal with it. I learned much later that both washing and brushing too much exacerbates the problem. I love having long hair, but up-dos and braids let me skip a day between washings. I also never blow dry.

My daughters have similar hair, and I am training their hair to not use shampoo, but do cleansing conditioner washes every other day instead. It never looks dirty or smells oily. One of my girls likes hers kept in a pixie cut, which is great because it is so thin.

I've heard that advice all my life about washing too much and tried several variations of it several times, and it absolutely never works for me. If anything, it makes my hair look even worse. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

As it is, it's just a tired tribute to a creepy old man with a hair and foot fetish. 

I loved all of your post, especially the quoted above. 

“You gotta wash that man right outta your hair, and send him on his way!” South Pacific

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Zella said:

One of my former hairdressers used to complain to me about people with dirty hair and how gross it was to do their hair. I can only imagine. 

I've heard that advice all my life about washing too much and tried several variations of it several times, and it absolutely never works for me. If anything, it makes my hair look even worse. 

Oily may just be part of it. The hair's texture and other variables may also have something to do with how often it needs washing.

I saw this woman on Dr. Oz who hadn't washed her hair in at least a year or two, and felt that her hair was much healthier. She said her hair developed its natural oils to maintain itself and that after the first month or so she got used to it. She was a hipster mama type.

I don't think she was fundie. Some fundies used to be against shampoo, but not the Duggars/Bates etc.

Edited by Temperance

I looked at the picture of the purplish dress again, and the neckline seems low and kind of saggy to me.  I do think it is probably at least a size or 2 too big for Jill.

She definitely seems uncomfortable with properly fitted clothes. I hope it is just because of her fundie upbringing and not because of Josh. Unfortunately, I could see it being for both reasons. 

Eta: I just realized something.   I’m short-waisted and have a couple jumpers. I had to have the top parts altered, basically pulled up at the shoulder. I know Jill is tall, but if her torso is short proportionally, maybe that is why the top of some of her one-piece outfits are saggy. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Zella said:

From what I understand, it may take weeks to months for hair which has been used to frequent shampoos to really revert to a state where it looks good going for periods without washing. So, not really practical unlessyou can manage to be a hermit in the interim.

Having curly hair, I've never been one to wash it every day. Generally I go for three or four days between shampoos and find that it looks fine. It tends more toward being dry than otherwise, so I use the "no-poo" types of shampoo and plenty of conditioner.

Mr Jyn, on the other hand, has, honestly, not a lot of hair left in any case, but the hair he does have, and his scalp, are so oily that pillowcases get discolored forever within weeks of buying them just from the oil slicks he manages to deposit. And he showers pretty much every day.

To get back on topic, though, I would think that Jill's hair type, especially as thick as it seems to be, could go for a few days between washings, but really needs to be brushed through on a regular basis. And she should sleep in braids to keep it from getting too tangled. I don't think she does that, though, or it would have more of a wave to it in those "in between" days when she hasn't done anything with it. And, of course, getting that foot or more hacked off would do it a world of good!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

It seems that they have already moved into the new house.

Where do these unemployed people get the money to build houses? Jill revealed on her blog that they began the building process many months ago. Who is funding their lives & the tuition to send D-wreck to law school & build a house? Did they dare go into debt & take out a loan??? How does one do that without steady regular employment?  I need to know what they are hustling so I can replicate whatever it is they are doing. Lol. 

Maybe citrus & lemon pays better than we think.... ha. 

Edited by LongDenimFrumper
Added info
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I saw this woman on Dr. Oz who hadn't washed her hair in at least a year or two, and felt that her hair was much healthier. She said her hair developed its natural oils to maintain itself and that after the first month or so she got used to it. She was a hipster mama type.

I don't think she was fundie. Some fundies used to be against shampoo, but not the Duggars/Bates etc.

Took my reply over to the Small Talk topic.

ETA: Jill's hair is a hot mess and it has to be a time-consuming hassle to maintain a mane that size. She apparently just isn't that into it because all too often it looks scraggly. I suppose the Duggars have internalized old sicko Bill Gothard's hair fetish rules for Godly women, or maybe Boob just likes long hair, but man almost all of them would be better off for having a foot or so of hair whacked off. 

As to the Dullards' finances, I suppose they are living examples of how Jesus provides for His chosen special people. Or they hung on to the money they grifted for "Dillard Family Ministries," at least to enough of it to get themselves into a cheap-ass tract starter house in a new development.

Boob could be somewhere in the picture, or not. We've already discussed whether Derick got some big financial windfall out of his dad's death, and IMO that's a non-starter for all the reasons I stated here back then. 

I also don't agree with the speculation that some known (Cross Church or SOS) or unknown religious or political organization is not only paying Derick's law school tuition but supporting his family while he goes to law school.

People, law students and law graduates and newly licensed lawyers are literally a dime a dozen in this nation right now.  I am certain that those numbers include plenty of nice young fundie men who would be as good as, and probably better than, Derick Dillard as advocates/advisors for fundie religious/political groups. And they're already qualified and licensed. Nope. Not buying that Derick is so super-special that any entity would sink north of $100k on a bet that he'll get a JD and the necessary law licenses for their purposes. They already have LOTS of choices, already trained and ready to go. Who don't have Derick's baggage. It's totally a buyer's market for lawyers these days, as some of our members including @Scarlett45 have said.

As has been mentioned, Derick could have inherited some family money from someone other than his dad, his mom could be helping them out with the house so that their monthly outlay for it is competitive with their rent on that sad apartment/duplex/whetever, Jill could have some TLC savings, or there's something we don't know about. My fave, though, from upthread, is that Citrus and Gatorade just pays very, very, well. There's big bucks in frumpwear. Who knew? 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
On 4/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, Zella said:

The sun thing is so weird to me--who likes to be blinded by the sun?--and is something I'd never seen anyone else do, but a friend of mine just posted pics on FB announcing her engagement.

I am older than dirt.  My parents who were born in the 1910's learned to take pictures with the sun behind their backs.  There are a lot of pictures of us squinting into the sun.  I think that guaranteed the sun would not get reflected into the picture and spoil it.  Or maybe it was important to get enough light to take the picture.  The flashbulbs were huge for indoor pictures.  I would be blinded by them for a few minutes.

That being said, the Duggars are considerably younger than I am so I don't know where they would have learned to take pictures this way.   I am sure they must have very modern cameras.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am older than dirt.  My parents who were born in the 1910's learned to take pictures with the sun behind their backs.  There are a lot of pictures of us squinting into the sun.  I think that guaranteed the sun would not get reflected into the picture and spoil it.  Or maybe it was important to get enough light to take the picture.  The flashbulbs were huge for indoor pictures.  I would be blinded by them for a few minutes.

That being said, the Duggars are considerably younger than I am so I don't know where they would have learned to take pictures this way.   I am sure they must have very modern cameras.

That "face into the sun to have your picture taken" habit is  surprisingly enduring. I think it's something that people just pick up from their parents. I learned better long ago but you'd be surprised at how many people just don't think about it. A few years ago I took a Saturday photo class which included a little session outdoors where we took photos of each other. I was the only one who made sure I wasn't photographing my subject in the direct sun, and after we reassembled indoors our instructor pointed that out. This was a group of about 20 adults who were serious photographers, as in using sophisticated gear and working hard to produce good printable, frame-able images.

So if Jilly and Derick don't think twice about squinting into the sun in photos, I am 110% not surprised. Squinting into the sun has been joined by the infamous bathroom selfie in the All-American Family Photo hall of shame. In that sense the Duggars are very mainstream.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That "face into the sun to have your picture taken" habit is  surprisingly enduring. I think it's something that people just pick up from their parents. I learned better long ago but you'd be surprised at how many people just don't think about it. A few years ago I took a Saturday photo class which included a little session outdoors where we took photos of each other. I was the only one who made sure I wasn't photographing my subject in the direct sun, and after we reassembled indoors our instructor pointed that out. This was a group of about 20 adults who were serious photographers, as in using sophisticated gear and working hard to produce good printable, frame-able images.

So if Jilly and Derick don't think twice about squinting into the sun in photos, I am 110% not surprised. Squinting into the sun has been joined by the infamous bathroom selfie in the All-American Family Photo hall of shame. In that sense the Duggars are very mainstream.

I guess that since having the sun behind you results in photos which come out as little better than silhouettes, people just automatically go for the opposite. Plus, if you are actually looking at the faces of people you know through the viewfinder or whatever, your mind doesn't really translate that squinty look as necessarily unflattering - it's just them with one of the million different expressions you see on their faces on a daily basis. It's only when frozen in time that it looks a bit off. Plus, since light coming from the front tends to minimize lines and skin imperfections as long as it is diffused enough not to make you squint, it can still look a lot more flattering than light coming in at an angle and casting shadows. 

It's apparently beyond them to scout around for the spot with the best light and least cluttered background. There's generally something to be found almost anywhere.

• Love 6

Unfortunately I'm another person with oily hair which looks greasy quickly. I also have to deal with very sensitive skin, so I'm not supposed to wash my hair every day. I hated how it looked on the second day and I felt so uncomfortable. However, I found the perfect solution for my hair. Originally I wanted to cut back on my plastic use, so I switched to using a shampoo bar (like a soap bar) and I use apple vinegar as a conditioner. First I was very skeptical but after a week my hair changed. I can now wash my hair every second day without it being greasy at all. During holidays I have also managed to wash it only every third day. It's awesome (and good for the environment)! Shampoo soap bars are getting very popular here but of course I don't know how it is in North America.

I think Jill's hair could look amazing if it was cut a lot shorter (by a professional) and treated well. Long hair needs a lot of care and I don't get how you could want it at that length and then do nothing with it. I mean the FLDS women at least did elaborate (but IMO ugly) styles with their "crowning glory", so the hair length made a little bit of sense. The Duggars preach about women and their long hair and then do nothing with it.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

being

18 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

From what I understand, it may take weeks to months for hair which has been used to frequent shampoos to really revert to a state where it looks good going for periods without washing. So, not really practical unlessyou can manage to be a hermit in the interim.

Having curly hair, I've never been one to wash it every day. Generally I go for three or four days between shampoos and find that it looks fine. It tends more toward being dry than otherwise, so I use the "no-poo" types of shampoo and plenty of conditioner.

Mr Jyn, on the other hand, has, honestly, not a lot of hair left in any case, but the hair he does have, and his scalp, are so oily that pillowcases get discolored forever within weeks of buying them just from the oil slicks he manages to deposit. And he showers pretty much every day.

To get back on topic, though, I would think that Jill's hair type, especially as thick as it seems to be, could go for a few days between washings, but really needs to be brushed through on a regular basis. And she should sleep in braids to keep it from getting too tangled. I don't think she does that, though, or it would have more of a wave to it in those "in between" days when she hasn't done anything with it. And, of course, getting that foot or more hacked off would do it a world of good!

Curly hair here too, and I only have to wash it 2 or 3 times per week.

• Love 3