Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, McManda said:

It seems like all Citrus and Lemon clothes all look like bags. They have no definition. They all just drape over the bust and then fall to a hem. They're awful.

Maybe that's the style? I lost a bunch of weight over seven years, and now it's hard to find things that don't make me still look big. I'd like my tops to be tapered, but most of the fast-fashion clothes are boho and drapey. (*first world problem, I know.)

Maybe ... Jill is just on trend (-ish)?

The shirt is designed to be worn with a fitted bottom like leggings or skinny jeans.  Jill has somehow found the most illfitting skinny jeans available.   I can't get over how baggy those jeans are on her legs.  I understand that Jill probably doesn't like her midsection after 2 kids,  but those jeans need to go.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She probably didn't see the.controversy in her post.

Not a single Duggar (That I know of) has ever expressed or demonstrated a shred of environmental mindfulness.  With the exception of the few college-educated adjacents, they all seem to be ignorant of scientific principles and show zero interest in current world news and events.  Though Jana does like to grow things that are pretty, and they have chickens for entertainment. 

Of course Jill's going to get slammed online for killing bees, because she's an idiot and doesn't know any better.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10

Jill for the love of Pete, please do something with your hair. Your hair style ages you. It is not flattering. For people who scream or try to scream modesty, your hair style and clothes do not say modesty to me.

4 hours ago, skipnjump said:

To each their own on makeup, etc., but I really just want to give Jill some moisturizer with SPF and some undereye cream.  She's too young to have such dried out looking skin.  Ok, I also would cut off about 18 inches of her hair

Can we chip in and buy her a new bra? Girlfriend is beginning to look like her mother and lopsided too. 

The cute kids are the only bright spot in that sad photo. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Oy. Poor Israel is looking more and more like his father, just with a sweeter disposition.

The best photo Jill ever posted of herself was the Bug Killing Maniac shot. She was experiencing an authentic emotion for a change and it makes an amazing difference in how she looks.

All the phony smiles just look dead.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 6

Section eight housing is not aspirational, Jill. Nobody looks at her photos and thinks, "wow! I want that life!" Isn't there a public park she could take pictures at? Couldn't she snap a few on Derick's campus? There's no shame in living there when Daddy takes your McMansion away, but it's not exactly aspirational enough for an ad!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

All the phony smiles just look dead.

I agree. Her smiles never reach her eyes.

I know Jill has a lot of faults, but I think Derick is a crappy, dour husband. I wish better for her. 

• Love 10

Wait, wait, Jill conducted business ON THE SABBATH by posting Vegetables and Carrots sack-wear before going to church? Breaking one of the ten commandments? Shit. Looks like super-hell for Jilly! (Her life now is close enough to hell hat God'll let it slide.)

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 4/13/2019 at 10:20 AM, lookeyloo said:

I have a snake phobia.  Mr. lookeyloo recently found one in a bush outside our house.  Kindly, he put gloves on and carried it to the lake (he said it was a water snake).  Lucky for me he is not afraid.  I am terrified.  But I don't want them dead.  If one got in the house, I'd go stay with the son across town til it was cleared out.  Certified and verified!!

Occasionally I find a huge American cockroach in my apartment (this is NYC, they're like rats).  Whenever preferable, I spray and then cede the room in question to them for several hours 😃, preferably a full day at work, so I feel your pain.  Once a lucky shot knocked mine into a paper bag I was using for recycling, and the roach was so large you could hear its death throes as its legs (wings?) drummed against the paper.  🤣 

Also, my father and I are both deathly allergic to bees, and he in fact was stung in the throat by a wasp trying to take a nest down from the storm gutters above the house, which required the ambulance to come and whisk him away (I was 8 or so); so yeah, my opinion of them is pretty low regardless of how much I like Haagen-Dasz vanilla ice cream.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Occasionally I find a huge American cockroach in my apartment (this is NYC, they're like rats).  Whenever preferable, I spray and then cede the room in question to them for several hours 😃, preferably a full day at work, so I feel your pain.  Once a lucky shot knocked mine into a paper bag I was using for recycling, and the roach was so large you could hear its death throes as its legs (wings?) drummed against the paper.  🤣 

Also, my father and I are both deathly allergic to bees, and he in fact was stung in the throat by a wasp trying to take a nest down from the storm gutters above the house, which required the ambulance to come and whisk him away (I was 8 or so); so yeah, my opinion of them is pretty low regardless of how much I like Haagen-Dasz vanilla ice cream.

Oy. We lived in south Louisiana for many years and giant roaches abound. My brother lived there for a while too (we grew up in NJ) and one day he called me to say he saw a roach so big it had United painted on its side. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oy. We lived in south Louisiana for many years and giant roaches abound. My brother lived there for a while too (we grew up in NJ) and one day he called me to say he saw a roach so big it had United painted on its side. 

Same in South Carolina. They call them palmetto bugs, but a cockroach is a cockroach. We lived in the country, so we had biting ladybugs, flying biting things, fire ants, and lumps on the sidewalk after dark that slithered toward you. And the people were pretty creepy, too. I was happy to move back to the north, where it's cold but at least the wildlife usually stays outside. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I have an irrational fear of garden gnomes. Of course when I see them in people's lawns I do not smash them and take a photo with their soulless smashed bodies for Instagram. My new fear thanks to the Duggar's is Citrus and Lemon! Every time I see another photo of one of them shilling for the store or just see the name "Citrus and Lemon" I shudder. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Same in South Carolina. They call them palmetto bugs, but a cockroach is a cockroach. We lived in the country, so we had biting ladybugs, flying biting things, fire ants, and lumps on the sidewalk after dark that slithered toward you. And the people were pretty creepy, too. I was happy to move back to the north, where it's cold but at least the wildlife usually stays outside. 

Once our office manager, who was born and bred in NYC and thus you think would know better, responded to me after a sighting:  "The exterminator said that was a waterbug."  Me to OM:  "A waterbug IS a cockroach.  Don't let the name fool you.  He's trying to snow us so that we don't know how bad a job he's doing when he's spraying."

...Er, what were the lumps?  Alligators?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Once our office manager, who was born and bred in NYC and thus you think would know better, responded to me after a sighting:  "The exterminator said that was a waterbug."  Me to OM:  "A waterbug IS a cockroach.  Don't let the name fool you.  He's trying to snow us so that we don't know how bad a job he's doing when he's spraying."

...Er, what were the lumps?  Alligators?

Snakes. I think we were too far upstate for gators, but there were definitely snakes around. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

The worst cockroaches were the ones we had when we were stationed in Guam. They were enormous, and you couldn't keep them out of the house. At one point, the toilet in our housing unit had to be replaced because the seal gave out, and when they pulled it free of the floor, a wave of cockroaches came spilling up out of the hole like something out of a horror movie! I don't have much of a fear of bugs, but that's not an image I will ever forget! 

Another random, creepy thing was that they would eat labels off cans, jars, and other things which might have been in storage, but they did seem to prefer come colors over others. I had a watercolor painting of my kids which I had been working on, but wasn't terribly happy with, so it ended up in a closet for some time. My kids all have brown eyes, and for some reason, the roaches decided that was a yummy color, and when I came across the painting a few months later, the eyes had been eaten out of it! Truly disturbing!

10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I have an irrational fear of garden gnomes. Of course when I see them in people's lawns I do not smash them and take a photo with their soulless smashed bodies for Instagram. My new fear thanks to the Duggar's is Citrus and Lemon! Every time I see another photo of one of them shilling for the store or just see the name "Citrus and Lemon" I shudder. 

The name just confuses me. Lemon is a citrus. Why is it "citrus and lemon"? Am I missing something??

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, ginger90 said:

746C3F77-CA44-4677-AEBB-C281A3917748.jpeg

C3893D65-E479-4C5B-B41F-B183B7447B0A.jpeg

004E7103-7AA8-4403-9DBF-6183E3E1E68E.jpeg

If they're getting into the house that often, I suspect there may be a nest someplace nearby.  Jill needs to leave the house for a minute and take a look around outside.  As for 'who else hates these things?', Jill's attempts to engage her readers are pathetic.  First,  she pretends like she's never heard about let alone seen a diaper rash, now she thinks there are people who might enjoy having wasps in their homes?  Nitwit.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 4/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, bigskygirl said:

That my dear would make too much sense. You would think with all the babies in the house before Izzy and Sam along she would have learn how to deal with rashes and weird pimply things by now.

Probably think they are a punishment from God 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Derick Started a trend! Ok, slightly OT, but Kim found a way to become a lawyer without paying tuition.Perhaps they'll go into practice together.

What would their firm be called. The Dull and the Dullard? The Kardashians and Duggars may seem different, but they're just reality famewhores. The K's are about sex and fashion. The Duggars are about religion. Josh would want to make a crossover appearance on the K show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I think jill just has a lot of fear. a big clue was what happened in CA...it apparently really damaged her. So she is afraid of bugs, being by herself...and who knows what else....and on a side note....I love garden gnomes and as a practical joke, when I find someone with one..I will often knit a little scarf and see how long it takes them to notice....lol

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, awaken said:

Again!! It’s so strange how she consistently posts photos of them squinting into the sun!  

I just don't understand why she can't see how unattractive the pictures are with all of them squinting into the sun.  It would be so easily fixed.  Is there something wrong with her mental processes?

• Love 7
23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

If they're getting into the house that often, I suspect there may be a nest someplace nearby.  Jill needs to leave the house for a minute and take a look around outside.  As for 'who else hates these things?', Jill's attempts to engage her readers are pathetic.  First,  she pretends like she's never heard about let alone seen a diaper rash, now she thinks there are people who might enjoy having wasps in their homes?  Nitwit.

Hahahahaha that last sentence really made me LOL! "Yes, wasps, come on in! Stay awhile! So glad you're here!" (Goes to the Internet and types) "I thought it would never happen this year. Thank god it's time for the wasps!!! Yaaaay!"

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, Suzn said:

I just don't understand why she can't see how unattractive the pictures are with all of them squinting into the sun.  It would be so easily fixed.  Is there something wrong with her mental processes?

She’s proven time and time again that she’s definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so my answer to your question would be a resounding YES.

• Love 6

The sun thing is so weird to me--who likes to be blinded by the sun?--and is something I'd never seen anyone else do, but a friend of mine just posted pics on FB announcing her engagement.

She and her future husband make a cute couple. And they're squinting uncomfortably but intently into the sun. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

My extended family and I took photos once where we're basically looking straight into the sun and we're all squinting and glaring because of it. It made for the worst pictures. I can't understand why Jill insists on doing it every time, at the very least, isn't it uncomfortable for her to have the sun in her eyes all the time? Does she not look at her pictures before she posts them?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I can’t snark on Jill for where she lives. I grew up in an area way worse than this. A well-maintained Section 8 complex would have been a nice change. Not everyone is raised upper-middle class. Plenty of people who grew up like me probably see these pictures of a quiet, green, seemingly safe neighborhood and do find it aspirational. 

Now their housekeeping, on the other hand, is totally snarkable. 

Plus there is no evidence this is section 8 housing. They just look typical low-end apartments with crappy landscaping. I know its cool to hate on McMansions - but it's got to GNAW at both of them that they went from this:

94c8503b1505f524e066e509577dd74d.jpg

to their current hovel. Shoulda kept you mouth shut, head down, and plugging away at your Walmart job, Der.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I think we are just starting to see the slow slide into poverty by the Dugger-bots and their children because Daddy Dearest can't possibly support each child who chooses to "accept" 100's of their gifts from God. Other than Jer and Jing, who will  STAHS of what's his name's church. And will live in mansions, drive Lamborghinis, have very expensive athletic shoes, and Jing will have pink hair.

• Love 10
On 4/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, SoupyShoes said:

Phew, for a minute there I thought we weren't going to get our daily dose of Citrus and Lemon. Thanks for saving us from another day of second-hand shirts, Jilly!

Screenshot_20190414-111707_Instagram-min.jpg

#boobtent

You have to be pretty small-chested to look good in that style. I know. I'm not. But Jill has no clue what suits her. She's probably still getting used to having her OWN clothes. 

• Love 7
On 4/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

Uh oh. I hope Derick doesn't read the People article.😉

"Last year, Jill’s husband Derick, 30, was fired from Counting On after making controversial comments on transgender identity."

I hope he does.   

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

#boobtent

You have to be pretty small-chested to look good in that style. I know. I'm not. But Jill has no clue what suits her. She's probably still getting used to having her OWN clothes. 

I bought a similar style top last night from QVC.  I'm sure it will be better made & it's a prettier print than the C&L version.  This will be my first fit & flare style piece of clothing.  Since I spend alot of time in my wheelchair I think it will work out fine. I'm small chested so no problem there but will still make sure my girls  are supported in a well fitting  bra. 

All I could think of was Jill in her ill fitting top when the  QVC models were wearing the correct size  shirt with  proper undergarments.  

Jill & Derrick look so good in the McMansion picture esp Jill with a fuller face. (A fuller face definitely helps with her long horsey face.  She really could be a Maxwell.)  They look like a newly married (pregnant) couple ready to conquer the world. 

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I bought a similar style top last night from QVC.  I'm sure it will be better made & it's a prettier print than the C&L version.  This will be my first fit & flare style piece of clothing.  Since I spend alot of time in my wheelchair I think it will work out fine. I'm small chested so no problem there but will still make sure my girls  are supported in a well fitting  bra. 

All I could think of was Jill in her ill fitting top when the  QVC models were wearing the correct size  shirt with  proper undergarments.  

Jill & Derrick look so good in the McMansion picture esp Jill with a fuller face. (A fuller face definitely helps with her long horsey face.  She really could be a Maxwell.)  They look like a newly married (pregnant) couple ready to conquer the world. 

Work it Barb!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I can’t snark on Jill for where she lives. I grew up in an area way worse than this. A well-maintained Section 8 complex would have been a nice change. Not everyone is raised upper-middle class. Plenty of people who grew up like me probably see these pictures of a quiet, green, seemingly safe neighborhood and do find it aspirational. 

Now their housekeeping, on the other hand, is totally snarkable. 

Not a thing wrong with that housing, or people that need help ... now having said that, it’s  the smugness that gets me. Derrick probably had to tell her special people get these houses. They will always see themselves as above others 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Plus there is no evidence this is section 8 housing. They just look typical low-end apartments with crappy landscaping. I know its cool to hate on McMansions - but it's got to GNAW at both of them that they went from this:

94c8503b1505f524e066e509577dd74d.jpg

to their current hovel. Shoulda kept you mouth shut, head down, and plugging away at your Walmart job, Der.

In his pathetic mind it was more important to go to Danger America and save all those heathens instead. I often wonder if Walmart was going to give him the axe anyway.

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In his pathetic mind it was more important to go to Danger America and save all those heathens instead. I often wonder if Walmart was going to give him the axe anyway.

I wonder that too. If he'd just kept working there, he could probably still afford the house, paying JB low rent, even without the show! One would think there's nothing wrong with being in a low income area while he's in law school, but will he get a middle-class job when he graduates? Or will he, more likely, decide Danger America or some other pursuit is calling? There's nothing wrong with living in a low income area while investing in school, but I fear he will never want to grow up. 

I still feel like Jill could bring her A game a little more in pictures, when competing against the likes of the Kardashians, or even JinJer. But it is true that some people will find it aspirational, or even just down home, "she's just like us!" I'm sure pre-marriage anna would have loved to live there! I would still probably take my pictures at a park or on campus if I were doing ads, but I definitely see where others are coming from! I think my main problem is that Jill just doesn't think about these things, period. All she thinks is, "let me throw this on and just stand outside." It would never occur to her to do anything different, and she doesn't seem to understand how much she has lucked out by getting to advertise things. I guess it's the low effort that bothers me, more than the actual location. Jill doesn't see this as a job, and it would never occur to her to think, "where could I get the very best shot to advertise this to its fullest potential?" She's just too lazy and dull to think that. Derick, however, should be bright enough to bring up these things. 

• Love 2