Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Josh used to be so skinny!

Until he got married and had enough to eat for the first time since he was a toddler. Ofsmuggar said they both gained a lot of weight during her first pregnancy, too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I would think it is now tainted with people knowing that Duggars owned it. I'd be expecting a lower price. Especially if the Duggar SemiExpert Construction company had anything to do with any reno.

They haven't done any reno. It's as is.

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I forever look at pictures like these and think about the weather. M'Ella looks dressed for a hot and humid summer day. M5 looks dressed for a brisk fall day. And everyone else looks dressed for something in between.

Never mind trying to figure out Anna's top. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

WHY!  Why post a picture where one of your small children has his finger stuck up his nose?  That's just cruel to the child.  The internet is forever, and someday that poor kid is going to find that online and be embarrassed.  Would they post a picture where one or both of the parents were doing that?  Give the kid a little dignity.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

WHY!  Why post a picture where one of your small children has his finger stuck up his nose?  That's just cruel to the child.  The internet is forever, and someday that poor kid is going to find that online and be embarrassed.  Would they post a picture where one or both of the parents were doing that?  Give the kid a little dignity.

Dignity is not something the Duggars know anything about. 

• Love 21
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

According to another article in The Sun, Smuggar & Family are living in a warehouse that Boob owns.

Snort haha. First the warehouse  than the street corner. Keep having more kids Smorgana! Josh will skip town as soon as he can/Daddy dies! You will be on your own. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Why post a picture where one of your small children has his finger stuck up his nose?  That's just cruel to the child. 

Perfectly in keeping with the Duggars' sadistic sense of "humor". The only time they ever laugh is at someone else's expense. Josh probably thought this was hilarious and he'll taunt the poor kid with it for the next thirty years.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Anna also is very sly in making sure she doesn't reveal the fact they are living there either.  It's pretty obvious as the majority of her kid's pictures are outside of or in the TTH.  The pictures she posts when they are actually in the warehouse accomodation are closely and carefully cropped to make it look like and actual house.

Edited by BigBingerBro
typos
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder where these were taken. 

Can one of you ex-fundies please explain to me why the moms all insist their sons button all the way up to the point of choking?

Marcus in the badminton birdie shirt is ready to explode.  He must be so uncomfortable.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Interesting. I wonder when Anna will snap and institute the buddy system? How many more kids will it take?

Or, perhaps she's taking a lesson from her godly in-laws and lying through her teeth.  I think Anna probably does her best to manage her kids without resorting to buddying; but there is no way Smuggar is helping much and I would expect that Mykynzie (or however she misspells it) spends plenty of time looking after her younger siblings.

I was second out of six in a non-quiverful family, and spent plenty of time in charge of the younger ones.  And my parents really did parent us.  It just happens in big families.

• Love 20

Anna must spend a lot of time on You Tube learning all theses different styles of braiding.  She’s very good at it.  I can manage a regular braid and a fishtail braid in my daughter’s hair and that’s it.  Luckily she can French braid it herself.  I have had curly hair my whole life and it pretty much does what it wants, so I never did anything but put it in a pony tail every now and then.  I wish I could do all those braids.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Still, Anna's comment about not having a buddy system is interesting nonetheless, because she followed that up with stating, "I'm Mom." (Italics mine.) It's like she inadvertently confirmed that in the Duggar buddy system the older sisters fully took on the Mom role. 

Yes, I thought there was some definite shade there toward Michelle. It wouldn't surprise me if Anna envies Michelle while also despising her and thinking she's better than her, though as to quote my Granny, if you put them in a turnip sack, I don't know which one would fall out first.*

*Translation: they're equally awful.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

I'm trying to remember what Anna said and I can't, but Anna had some snarky comment about in-laws when they were going to the TTH for a sex reveal. (It was the one with flamingoes.)

Anna knows she probably won't have as many kids as Michelle since they only have new babies every other year and the kids are more spreadout in age than her in-laws. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

Yeah, that comment about wanting her children to "be free to enjoy their childhood" was shady as hell.  Her mom didn't do buddies either and Anna sees the disconnect between the Duggar kids and their mom all the time.  And how hurtful it is when buddies move on.  I wouldn't really want my kids to go through all that either.

Also, I like the Sunday family photo because the kids look like real kids, and have real emotions and reactions and stuff, unlike some other people (cough jillrod cough).  And, though I don't like Josh (duh), Maryella was smiling very happily at him in that pic, so I think that he must have a positive relationship with the kids on some level.

• Love 15

IIRC didn’t one of the Smuglets wander off at Silver City and Anna was upset with the Lost girls? And then it happened again. It is hard enough to wrangle 2 or 3 kids, so i imagine 6 is hard. But she choose to have 6. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC didn’t one of the Smuglets wander off at Silver City and Anna was upset with the Lost girls? And then it happened again. It is hard enough to wrangle 2 or 3 kids, so i imagine 6 is hard. But she choose to have 6.

How many kids she has is really her choice though? When you’re raised in a cult that considers every child a blessing and birth control evil. Not even told about sex until a few days before her wedding day. I’m not sure how much choice Anna has. 

• Love 11

Anna doesn't use the "buddy system" because she doesn't need to. they live in a house on duggar property, she sends the kids over to the TTH homeschool as seen many times Kynzie is with Josie for "school" projects. Hannie and Jenny are the buddies. while anna is "pouring her wisdom" into Lydia Patton and googling hair braiding

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14