Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why didn't Josh say, oops, my bad, I'll back out, and walk away? Now he's in it for a lot more than $1000.00.

That's the part that kills me. I know nothing about real estate law and just did what the experts I hired told me to do when I bought my house. If during the process there had been a hint of lawsuit potential I would have run away screaming.

• Love 8

The title company probably didn’t do a search since it was a cash sale. Banks require title searches since they’re loaning the money. Otherwise, it’s the Wild West in a cash sale. Probably didn’t get it surveyed either. (Which would have included a general records search. )

Morons. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That's the part that kills me. I know nothing about real estate law and just did what the experts I hired told me to do when I bought my house. If during the process there had been a hint of lawsuit potential I would have run away screaming.

well he is a duggar and they are so proud of doing things a little bit different......

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Yes, and yet you probably weren't born as a fifth-generation member of a family making its money in real estate!!!! How the hell can Duggars, with all their real-estate experience, make such a series of idiotic mistakes -- and how can no other Duggars warn them off it??? 

Where the heck was JB when this nonsense was going on? I thought he was much more careful about money than this....And his money is obviously what's at risk when Josh makes transactions, since Josh hasn't actually made a dime in years and years and years, apparently. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Where the heck was JB when this nonsense was going on? I thought he was much more careful about money than this....And his money is obviously what's at risk when Josh makes transactions, since Josh hasn't actually made a dime in years and years and years, apparently. 

Boob was off doing whatever it is he does all day because all of his children are brilliant and good looking.

This dynasty is really going somewhere. Or not.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yes, and yet you probably weren't born as a fifth-generation member of a family making its money in real estate!!!! How the hell can Duggars, with all their real-estate experience, make such a series of idiotic mistakes -- and how can no other Duggars warn them off it??? 

and their lawyer Travis Story - he is in this as well. should he not have known or advised better?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and their lawyer Travis Story - he is in this as well. should he not have known or advised better?

Story was excluded from representing Smuggar because he's listed as a president or something of the LLC that bought the property. 

They really are stupid. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Story was excluded from representing Smuggar because he's listed as a president or something of the LLC that bought the property. 

They really are stupid. 

but he was involved at some point earlier

Sources confirmed that Duggar did not attend Monday's court hearing but his attorney, Travis Story, was present. A judge then entered an order against his company for "contempt."

• Love 4

I thought I remembered the judge removing Story from the case. I wonder if he's no longer a president or whatever of the LLC, freeing him up to represent Smuggar again? This thing has drawn out for over a year, plenty of time to remove himself as a conflict of interest.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 5

Was the contempt order because Josh didn't appear or because he/his LLC didn't comply with the judge previously?

Since I don't believe Josh farts w/o permission from JB, I'm pretty sure he was involved even though his name isn't on the paperwork. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

this has dragged on so long I don't know what day Smuggs didn't show up and travis story was there. but for sure he was involved at some point in the shenangains as smuggs' lawyer

He was definitely involved at the beginning. But as we've both said, this thing has drawn out much longer than it should have. And if Smuggar is setting now rather than having a court trial next year (March or April, IIRC), how much more money could he...error...Boob have lost? 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm glad that they enjoy playing together, and that Anna didn't interrupt them a million times telling them to "smile at the camera", "smile at mommy" and so on.

No...instead she said, "Act worried like it's about to fall."  "Act like you love playing together." "Act like I'm not here taking pictures."

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking of selling a beautiful mansion. Its not mine, so I'm lowballing the asking price. Do any of you know of anyone who'd be interested?

Does it have 4 kitchens, 9 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms? Asking for a friend.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Boob off-loaded that one. They're now trying to sell the mess with the grungy indoor pool.

They’ve had that forever, it seems. Jill and Jessa toured it long ago. They both thought it was creepy.

A refresher of the lovely pool:

E060DD7D-332E-441C-AF95-1080658DB883.jpeg

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

To be honest, I'd love the house with the grungy pool. I'd need a couple of maids, a chef, and a cute pool boy, though.

Lol, I'd have to see it fixed up first. Right now, that house looks like the kind of place where bodies are buried under the foundation.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, not you again said:

Just out of curiosity - has Anna ever taken credit for those braided 'dos?  Because I've wondered if it's her unnamed/unseen live-in "helper" doing it, not her.  

I don't believe that Anna has ever said, but, you're right, it could be the child care slave who is doing it.  My niece got very skilled at doing fancy braids on herself and her friends by watching videos on YouTube.  I could see the young girl sent to live on the compound that Anna is 'mentoring' wanting to practice on Anna's girls.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

To be honest, I'd love the house with the grungy pool. I'd need a couple of maids, a chef, and a cute pool boy, though.

...and 500 gallons of white paint.

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

It’s one of my pipe dreams to have a house with an indoor pool. I don’t care about a pool boy but I’ll take a housekeeper. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, not you again said:

Just out of curiosity - has Anna ever taken credit for those braided 'dos?  Because I've wondered if it's her unnamed/unseen live-in "helper" doing it, not her.  

While there was someone living there, we don't know that that person is still living with them. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Michael is Smuggar's doppelganger. He's more like his father the older he gets. Poor kid. 

He's a cute little nugget, though. And, really, there's nothing so wrong with Smuggar's looks that some healthy living and a personality transplant wouldn't fix.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Michael is Smuggar's doppelganger. He's more like his father the older he gets. Poor kid. 

Despite my personal distaste for Smuggar, I gotta say, better to look like him than Pa Keller.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Kellers are in their 60s and the Smuggars are 32.  That's a big reason Josh looks better. 

The Kellers weren't lookers when they were Smuganna's age. Their resultant children are a very mixed bag ranging from homely to gorgeous.

• Love 6

I thought I saw a photo of a young Pa Keller once where he looked kinda... not bad? Ma Keller, not so much. I wish I could find the picture; I think it was from when Anna was a baby?

ETA: OK, I found it. Not exactly a looker, but not quite as fuddy-duddy looking as he became... 

1000?cb=20170824140643

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

He's a cute little nugget, though. And, really, there's nothing so wrong with Smuggar's looks that some healthy living and a personality transplant wouldn't fix.

True but it would be easier to just replace Smuggar with another human called Joshua Duggar because we know neither one of those will happen. 

• Love 1

On a pure feature standpoint, I never thought Josh was unattractive. It was his attitude when he was younger and now his sloth and greed that make him repulsive. I think their kids are all attractive children. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought I saw a photo of a young Pa Keller once where he looked kinda... not bad? Ma Keller, not so much. I wish I could find the picture; I think it was from when Anna was a baby?

ETA: OK, I found it. Not exactly a looker, but not quite as fuddy-duddy looking as he became... 

1000?cb=20170824140643

Even Ma Keller seems to have decent bone structure and balanced features.  With a more stylish hairdo, nicer glasses and perhaps a bit of lipstick; I think she could be a good looking woman.  She looks like Priscilla to me in this pic, except for the dark hair, and I think Priscilla is a pretty woman.  Dumb, but pretty.

• Love 10