Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

How many kids she has is really her choice though? When you’re raised in a cult that considers every child a blessing and birth control evil. Not even told about sex until a few days before her wedding day. I’m not sure how much choice Anna has. 

I think it's all Anna's choice. Josh from the beginning was obvious in his desire to not have so many kids. He kept saying, "We'll be happy with what god gives us, even if it's one or two." In talking heads together, when asked, he'd always hem and haw, and Anna would say that she's #5 out of 8 so they have to have at least 5, with Josh looking less than thrilled. Every time Anna would announce a new pregnancy to him after #2, he wouldn't even try to fake happiness. Year's ago, when Rebekah's now ex-husband posted on twop, he said that out of all the Keller children, Anna was the one who genuinely and enthusiastically wanted lots of kids.

I'm not trying to let Josh of the hook here, I just don't think Anna is any kind of quiverfull victim.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Is it even possible to have an occupancy permit for anyone, let alone a family with several young children, to live in a warehouse?

Who's praying hardest for a multiple birth, Anna or Jessa?

I was wondering in the same thing. Can a warehouse be approved for residential use? 

15 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Anna must spend a lot of time on You Tube learning all theses different styles of braiding.  She’s very good at it.  I can manage a regular braid and a fishtail braid in my daughter’s hair and that’s it.  Luckily she can French braid it herself.  I have had curly hair my whole life and it pretty much does what it wants, so I never did anything but put it in a pony tail every now and then.  I wish I could do all those braids.

Or maybe Anna’s mom taught her. My great aunt taught me how to braid in various styles (Dutch, French, fishtail, role, waterfall, crown etc) when I was 5 or 6. (I’m 34 so long before YouTube)

Textured hair is great for braids! Most curly girls I know are more skilled at braiding. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I was wondering in the same thing. Can a warehouse be approved for residential use? 

I'm sure theoretically a warehouse could get its zoning changed to residential if the owner asked.  But, this is JB here.  He is not going let some pesky issue like zoning get in his way.  He is going to sit back and allow the Smuggars to live in his converted warehouse for as long as he sees fit.  If there really was an issue with the local government, let's say over taxes, nothing is going to happen until a third party alerts the proper authorities.  

I do wonder if the warehouse in question is really a converted outbuilding similar to the Rod's Barndominium of Horrors in Ohio.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Or maybe Anna’s mom taught her. My great aunt taught me how to braid in various styles (Dutch, French, fishtail, role, waterfall, crown etc) when I was 5 or 6. (I’m 34 so long before YouTube)

Textured hair is great for braids! Most curly girls I know are more skilled at braiding. 

I never had the patience to learn any sort of fancy braids, so I give Anna props for really mastering the techniques. Hopefully the girls are naturally disposed to sit still for it, rather than it being a result of blanket training or something. They do seem to all have fairly easygoing personalities, though. 

The only good thing I found about my curly hair and braids is that if I braided it, it would stay put, even overnight, without anything to secure the braids. I supposed I could have pretty easily turned it into dreads if I was so inclined! LOL

• Love 5
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

while anna is "pouring" her wisdom into Lydia Patton and googling hair braiding

Don't forget painstakingly curating a matching wardrobe for her brood consisting of drab neutral colors worthy of the 'gram.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I never had the patience to learn any sort of fancy braids, so I give Anna props for really mastering the techniques. Hopefully the girls are naturally disposed to sit still for it, rather than it being a result of blanket training or something. They do seem to all have fairly easygoing personalities, though. 

The only good thing I found about my curly hair and braids is that if I braided it, it would stay put, even overnight, without anything to secure the braids. I supposed I could have pretty easily turned it into dreads if I was so inclined! LOL

If Anna has to make her kids sit still to get their hair braided, I’m not going to fault her for teaching them that (even if they don’t like it) because it’s a valuable skill to have (patience) and it’s a part of their daily grooming.

Again I admit grew up in a culture/community where little girls got their hair braided all the time, 10min to do two Dutch braids is NOTHING so the notion of “they won’t sit still” makes me cock my head to the side. Who cares. Make them obey until they get big enough to do their hair themselves and choose their own style (Mackynzie would be the only girl old enough for that at this point.)

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Anna has to make her kids sit still to get their hair braided, I’m not going to fault her for teaching them that (even if they don’t like it) because it’s a valuable skill to have (patience) and it’s a part of their daily grooming.

Again I admit grew up in a culture/community where little girls got their hair braided all the time, 10min to do two Dutch braids is NOTHING so the notion of “they won’t sit still” makes me cock my head to the side. Who cares. Make them obey until they get big enough to do their hair themselves and choose their own style (Mackynzie would be the only girl old enough for that at this point.)

Oh, I didn't mean that teaching them to sit still was not a valuable thing to learn, just that there are precedents in the Duggar clan for blanket training, and hoping that it was not the case that they had already been basically beaten into submission by the time their hair was long enough to braid. They really don't strike me as being cowed, but never having really watched the show, I don't really know what sort of dispositions they had as toddlers. It's definitely easier to teach some kids to sit still than it is others.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh, I didn't mean that teaching them to sit still was not a valuable thing to learn, just that there are precedents in the Duggar clan for blanket training, and hoping that it was not the case that they had already been basically beaten into submission by the time their hair was long enough to braid. They really don't strike me as being cowed, but never having really watched the show, I don't really know what sort of dispositions they had as toddlers. It's definitely easier to teach some kids to sit still than it is others.

Oh I see what you mean thanks for clarifying. 

Yes with this family you never know what’s normal discipline and structure versus emotional terror and manipulation. Sadly. Anna’s kids look healthy and cared for now, but as they get older and their emotional needs become more complex and Anna continues to have more kids it’s only going to get harder. 

• Love 13
On 9/7/2020 at 8:43 AM, lookeyloo said:

Maybe its the brows, maybe she parts her hair on the other side and it is fluffier, maybe her face is maturing, but she looks different.  

Yes, I think it is the brows. Also, after so many pregnancies she may have had more trouble losing the baby weight.

• Useful 1

Several months ago someone either posted or commented on Reddit that JimBob is his landlord. He has the business on the same property as the alleged Smuggar warehome, and the buildings even share a driveway. He said the Smuggars do not live there, and he was very credible. Nonetheless other commented were full of their theories. I still believe that dude. For the safety of Anna and the children, I can see why she would keep their location in doubt and be fine with people thinking they lived somewhere they don’t.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I caught some early episodes from the series and was wondering when Anna was sidelined, as she was heavily featured through the first two seasons. Was it after Josh was released from Jesus Jail and it became clear that she wasn’t leaving him?

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I caught some early episodes from the series and was wondering when Anna was sidelined, as she was heavily featured through the first two seasons. Was it after Josh was released from Jesus Jail and it became clear that she wasn’t leaving him?

Maybe because it called attention to the fact her spouse is unable to appear?

Maybe it was interfering with her ability to be joyfully available to her headship?

Maybe Jessa wants less challengers for her child(ren) to become the breakout grandchild(ren)?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Yes it's really noticeable especially since the birth of Maryella, which was barely mentioned on the show. It was a little referenced in the Christmas episode where JB and Michelle held their three youngest grandbabies and everyone talked about grandchildren. 

It could be that since Jill and Derick left; TPTB (probably TLC) decided they didn't need to feature every child. And unsavory Josh, and his wife Anna would be the ones to downplay most. Especially with so many new couples to feature. 

And a large number of viewers even fans, don't like Josh. Yes many of the most devoted fans want Josh back and their fairytale family intact, but not all of them feel that way. And it's easier to think of well of someone when you don't have to see them.

Still I'm surprised JB and Michelle are okay with their oldest being sidelined. Anything for television I guess. Although I never bought the theory that he is their favorite, I think they went out of their way to protect him to protect themselves and their own reputation as parents. 

• Love 7

Does that mean she's testifying against him, or she's testifying in the lawsuit that's against him (like, in support of how reformed he is).  And which lawsuit against him?  (There have been so many lawsuits...I can't keep track).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Don't bother. It's clickbait. They even confirm that she's NOT pregnant right now. 🙄

I knew it was click bait, but I was more interested in the article at the top of the page about how Anna was throwing shade at Michelle about HER kids being allowed to have a childhood and not being responsible for their younger siblings.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Quof said:

Anna cannot be legally compelled to testify against her husband, so unless she does it voluntarily, it's not happening. 

I think this is a civil case which is a little different than a criminal case.  Anna can be called to testify by the plaintiff's attorneys, and would probably be designated as a hostile witness to let the jury know that she has a vested interest in one side or the other.  She cannot be forced to testify about private conversations, emails or written communications between her and Josh; but she can testify about having witnessed a conversation, been a business partner with her husband, or other non-private stuff going on.  It could be that she is listed as one of the corporate officers in the real estate company Josh was running and she could be compelled to testify as to facts about that business relationship.  

Since she's apparently being called by the plaintiff, it is most likely that she is just there to provide some background as to the real estate transaction in question.  She might have arranged a meeting, been present when papers were signed, or, if she is legally part of the real estate business; she could be asked about any conversations or dealing she had with the seller.  For example, if when representing her husband's company in the sale; she might've been given some information pertinent to the problems that later developed and she's going to be asked about that.  If there's no written or recorded record of what was said; she might just say she doesn't remember.

Since the case itself has to do with a dispute over ownership of a piece of property, if Anna co-signed the purchase agreement with Josh, that's enough to make her a materiel witness to the dispute.  It looks like the issue is that Josh' real estate company bought some land a couple years back from a man whose cousin is claiming that he had already purchased several years earlier and had been paying taxes, etc on.  Now, the guy who bought the land is suing his cousin and Josh to clear up the dispute over the title.  It doesn't seem to me that Josh has a lot of liability here unless someone can prove that he knew the guy had already sold the land to his cousin and plotted with him to take the land knowing that the guy he bought it from didn't have a valid title to it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 10
15 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I knew it was click bait, but I was more interested in the article at the top of the page about how Anna was throwing shade at Michelle about HER kids being allowed to have a childhood and not being responsible for their younger siblings.

Let’s take that claim at face value. Great that her kids are allowed to be just kids. What about cousin Emily? She does not deserve the right to a childhood? Typical Duggar hypocrisy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Let’s take that claim at face value. Great that her kids are allowed to be just kids. What about cousin Emily? She does not deserve the right to a childhood? Typical Duggar hypocrisy.

Yeah, I'm eye-rolling right along with you. Anna doesn't need a buddy system, because the kids are dumped off at the TTH every day to run free with the horde. Jana and Laura are there to serve as nannies, so it's not like Anna needs to drag all six kids to run errands because she doesn't have child care. 

• Love 21

It might be a different brown shirt. I think the one Anna wore when she was courting had three-quarter sleeves, not short sleeves. 

Unless - 🤢 - she is wearing Sex Pest's old brown shirt.

ETA: Pulled up this picture and the collars look different, so whew! But yeah, they sure like them brown striped shirts, those Smuggars!

image.png.18ed21e1afdde135a2f21a42c5a1a004.png

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

What is face tuning?

FaceTune is an app that allows an image to be altered. If it’s used “correctly “, you shouldn’t be able to tell. Some  use it to make themselves look thinner, and go overboard, and backgrounds are distorted, making it obvious.

• Useful 5
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

What is face tuning?

One day, my sisters, cousins and I FaceTuned all our pictures into men. It was hilarious to see who looked like what male cousin or uncle. 

Since Jessa and Spurge are JB clones, they’d probably have the same outcome. I’m sure if you FaceTuned Josiah into a woman, he’d look just like Michelle too. 

ETA: I couldn’t resist. I had to Face App a few into different genders. 

CF699DFD-D831-4D54-B540-DF771F76A259.jpeg

21208B30-2257-40BC-B1EE-A9B4EAA962E8.jpeg

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 9