Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

There's something wrong with the picture. I didn't recognize Anna either but to me the little boy, whose name I can't remember, looked exactly like he was holding up a flat mask of his face in front of his face -- and we were looking at the mask instead of his face. It's like a lens has somehow flattened their faces or something. 

I just looked at it on a big monitor -- and the reason Anna doesn't look like Anna is because there's just something very weird going on with the photo.

On a large monitor, what you clearly see is that Anna's face looks like it has a second sort of translucent face in a slightly smaller size up in front of her actual face. 

It's almost like a double exposure or something -- which we don't really have any more. The picture as a whole, when blown up, looks oddly flattened out. Maybe relates to where it was copied from or that it was copied and pasted or copied and pasted too many times or something. 

Josh, Anna and Mary Ella, especially, look oddly out of focus. And it looks like the contrast of the picture is way off -- the light's too flat across the picture. etc. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is that Anna?  She looks totally different.  I do not recognize her.

I thought it was Kathie Lee Gifford. At her current age / level of plastic surgery.

• LOL 9
47 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Josh, Anna and Mary Ella, especially, look oddly out of focus. And it looks like the contrast of the picture is way off -- the light's too flat across the picture. etc. 

To me it just looks like a really low res camera phone picture, with maybe an unfortunate filter applied. It might have been printed out and then scanned. I don’t think it’s more than that. This isn’t the Duggar’s work. It’s a fan page. Anna looks younger on TV because the TV lighting is designed to do that. This is in broad daylight and is probably much closer to what she looks like in real life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/27/2020 at 10:26 PM, awaken said:

Darn. That poor little one is turning into a josh clone, too. 

She legit looks like an infant version of Mack. Put some fake pigtails/braids on her and she would easily be Mack's mini me. 

4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

What on earth is wrong with Anna's face?? I still can't reconcile it with the way her face used to look. What has she done?

And Joshly has fans? Who on earth would that be. They are trolling, nobody likes him.

Anna’s face looks sketched in with pencil!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2020 at 9:38 AM, not you again said:

Do you suppose it's become awkward explaining to her kids why they are shoved out of the way when TLC cameras show up?

Not sure. I've always gotten the vibe that the kids probably don't care one way or the other if they are filmed or not. It seems Anna does more than they do. 

I am curious why Anna hasn't just gone the youtube route the way that Joy-Anna, Jill and Jessa have in terms of releasing their own family content and updates there. She could even disable the comments the way Jill does in her videos. Or is the real reason because they might have to get approval from Jim Bob??

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ForeverPluto said:

Not sure. I've always gotten the vibe that the kids probably don't care one way or the other if they are filmed or not. It seems Anna does more than they do. 

I am curious why Anna hasn't just gone the youtube route the way that Joy-Anna, Jill and Jessa have in terms of releasing their own family content and updates there. She could even disable the comments the way Jill does in her videos. Or is the real reason because they might have to get approval from Jim Bob??

Anna certainly has the most incentive to stay in Jim Bob's good graces; her husband is never going to support the family himself.  I imagine she would not only need JB's approval, but would have to turn all profits over to him, too, before she could go to Youtube.

• Love 7

Anna looks about 20 years older than she is in that picture. I've never seen anyone change in looks so fast without surgery. I would just love to sit her down and ask her what the hell she's thinking not only staying with that pig, but having more kids with him. I feel sad for those kids when they learn to Google their dad..I'm hoping that one of them will break free one day and take their siblings with.

• Love 11

Years ago, I read a book on Ethel Kennedy where a friend was quoted as saying Ethel was determined to be "more Kennedy than thou." I can see Anna being that way about the Duggars. But, that and fertility are all the two have in common. Also, Josh is no Bobby.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Years ago, I read a book on Ethel Kennedy where a friend was quoted as saying Ethel was determined to be "more Kennedy than thou." I can see Anna being that way about the Duggars. But, that and fertility are all the two have in common. Also, Josh is no Bobby.

I think I read that book! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Anna looks about 20 years older than she is in that picture. I've never seen anyone change in looks so fast without surgery. I would just love to sit her down and ask her what the hell she's thinking not only staying with that pig, but having more kids with him. I feel sad for those kids when they learn to Google their dad..I'm hoping that one of them will break free one day and take their siblings with.

“But I love him...”

15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Anna isn't doing too badly. Four LLCs were created in her name last month. Only one also has Smuggar's name. The others have some corporation as a co-whatever you'd call it legally. 

Methinks it is JimBob’s doing and she signs where he tells her 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Anna isn't doing too badly. Four LLCs were created in her name last month. Only one also has Smuggar's name. The others have some corporation as a co-whatever you'd call it legally. 

right? anna now has 6 LLCs  - also as far as personal property - they only claimed 1 RV this year. so even their cars are owned by JB or got shuffled into an LLC. the rest of the adults and 17 yr old justin filed personal property taxes for a vehicle.

• Useful 6

Well if Boob gets COVID and drops dead this whole shell game is going to crack to pieces and the remaining family are going to be lost. Can't you just see Jessa and Joshly fighting it out like it was a cage match.

• Love 16

Just an FYI, where I am in Arkansas, and I have no reason to believe this isn't true statewide, you don't file personal property tax. It's basically any time you register a vehicle, the county then assesses taxes on it. But it is not something you file for separately. A lot of people actually flake out on them, especially if they are not from here, because they don't realize they are due.

If you don't pay in my county by the deadline of October, your name ends up in the local paper for delinquent taxes. It may be the highlight of the year for some of us to check that section and see who didn't pay their taxes. Lol

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Well if Boob gets COVID and drops dead this whole shell game is going to crack to pieces and the remaining family are going to be lost. Can't you just see Jessa and Joshly fighting it out like it was a cage match.

If Michelle survives Jessa doesn’t stand a chance. 

Edited by latetotheparty
Jedda, autocorrect? Seriously?
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2020 at 3:38 PM, Madtown said:

Anna looks about 20 years older than she is in that picture. I've never seen anyone change in looks so fast without surgery. 

If you look at that picture on a very large monitor, it's clear that the things that look like wrinkles and such in the image when it's smaller are actually boundaries between weirdly colored areas of her face, which is really odd and almost looks like a double or triple superimposed image on the large monitor. Although I have no idea what caused that, there's no doubt that the different-colored areas and the boundaries-that-seem-to-be-wrinkles are clearly an artifact of something related to the photo; they don't show anything real about her face. 

I'm sure she's aging on the inside, but that's not what that particular picture is showing! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If you look at that picture on a very large monitor, it's clear that the things that look like wrinkles and such in the image when it's smaller are actually boundaries between weirdly colored areas of her face, which is really odd and almost looks like a double or triple superimposed image on the large monitor. Although I have no idea what caused that, there's no doubt that the different-colored areas and the boundaries-that-seem-to-be-wrinkles are clearly an artifact of something related to the photo; they don't show anything real about her face. 

To me it looks like a badly photoshopped picture, although I'm sure that's old-school for whatever newfangled thingy the kids are using these days. It might look okay on a tiny phone screen, but the bigger the screen the more obvious the mistakes.

I wonder how Michael and Mason's male egos coped with Mackynzie catching the biggest fish. Especially since she was forced to fish in a dress and was probably told not to get it wet. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Remember this? 🤑

xf02fom2hjk51.png

I will never forget these outfits. They were dressed in their matchy matchy brown polo shirts for their engagement pictures.  IIRC, this was same time their hand sex was occurring in car on the way back to Arkansas from Florida.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I get yearly steroid injections for seasonal allergies.

I've had relatives get prescribed prednisone for a range of conditions, and it can definitely cause weight gain. It's certainly possible she may be on prescription steroids for any number of things. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

In the family photo, the 2nd oldest boy looks just like Anna’s brother Nathan, without the acne.

11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Poor kid.

Why?  Nathan looks just fine on the whole.  Maybe not considered handsome, but he doesn't need to wear a bag over his head to avoid scaring small children.

I do hope that he sees a doctor to deal with his acne.  In addition to getting deep scars on his face, it can't feel good to be carrying around all that pus.  Doesn't seem healthy, and can be pretty hard emotionally.

• Love 6