Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 10/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, Barb23 said:

Since Jessa has her hands on Esther's  shoulders does that mean she's planning to adopt her? 

No, she's just showing off how Christian she is.(Voice in Jessa's head: " More Christian than any of you!"....)

That's what she's doing every time she talks about adoption, actually. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Those cookies look like they came out of a box from the 99-cent store. I'm straining my eyes to find a chocolate chip.

Someone asked her in the comments if she needed a cookbook 😃

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 2:02 PM, BitterApple said:

Those cookies look like they came out of a box from the 99-cent store. I'm straining my eyes to find a chocolate chip.

Those cookies make me think of the joke in True Grit about the chicken and dumplings: "They will hurt your eyes . . . looking for the chicken." 

• LOL 12

My ratio of chips to cookie dough is always consistent, because if I do make cookies I slice up a tube of Pillsbury. 🤷🏽‍♀️

The overall picture of Anna's cookies is unappealing. Maybe she needs to use a different filter for her food pics, or none at all. Or maybe the cookies were that bad. I'd be happy to steer her to the Pillsbury aisle.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Quof said:

I've never understood recipes that call for "x ounces of chocolate chips". Surely the recipe is "a bag of chocolate chips, minus what goes in my mouth while I am mixing".

That’s me and a pint of ice cream. It’s one serving!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My ratio of chips to cookie dough is always consistent, because if I do make cookies I slice up a tube of Pillsbury. 🤷🏽‍♀️

One of the churches I went to was very snobby about having to have homemade cookies for the children's church snacks. When it was my week I the refrigerated chocolate chip dough & mixed in a cup of oatmeal. Nobody knew the difference and it saved me time when trying to get 5 kids ready for church.

When I made cookies for my family I used the Tollhouse recipe and added a cup of oatmeal. 

• Love 7

Anna actually “liked” a comment on that post in which someone told her kids care about quantity, not quality, so a good trick was to double the recipe for the batter but still only use one bag of chocolate chips! I am offended on so many levels. 

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • LOL 10
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

Anna actually “liked” a comment on that post in which someone told her kids care about quantity, not quality, so a good trick was to double the recipe for the batter but still only use one bag of chocolate chips! I am offended on so many levels. 

This is the same sort of monster who waters down Kool-Aid make it go further. People like that shouldn't be allowed near children.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7

My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe includes mixing a pkg of Jello vanilla pudding powder into the batter and chopped nuts, either walnuts or macadamias.

Now back to Anna, the last thing her fat slug husband needs is cookies.

I don't know how she can have sex with Josh, he's so repulsive it would make my skin crawl.... He's a pedophile and a pervert, hopefully she's keeping a close eye on her kids, I don't trust him at all.

• Love 10

I am a weird person who likes almost no chips in my chocolate chip cookies - this is due to the fact that my mother's recipe results in the cookie part tasting so good that the chips are like an interruption...if I actually baked I would make her recipe minus the chips and be happy as a clam. 😊

That said, Anna's cookies look pale and dry and I don't think I would be dying to eat one regardless of the chip to cookie ratio...however,  since I can't cook to save my life I probably shouldn't throw stones at anyone else's effort. 🤐

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Could those decorations be any blander? Because brown, cream, and unstained wood frames just scream Christmas. 

That was my first reaction too! Has color been declared to satanic or something? (I know it’s just the latest Pinterest fad but it’s so boring.)

• Love 16
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

That was my first reaction too! Has color been declared to satanic or something? (I know it’s just the latest Pinterest fad but it’s so boring.)

I'm beginning to believe they don't use any color that can be found in a rainbow since in their world, rainbows = gay.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

If Joanna Gaines says no color, then there's no color.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, Portia said:

This is the same sort of monster who waters down Kool-Aid make it go further. People like that shouldn't be allowed near children.

Sorry I went way off topic.... 😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Off topic
  • Love 2
On 11/8/2020 at 5:57 PM, truebluesmoky said:

I use the Nestle Tollhouse recipe and double everything but the chips. My mom has done it that way since I was a kid. I also melt the margarine. 

On topic—Anna’s cookies don’t look good.  

• Love 4
On 11/9/2020 at 8:56 PM, Portia said:

Not to brag, but my mom was the VBS refreshment lady, and she was a freakin' legend. Not only did she insist on ample sugar in the Kool Aid, but she added in fresh fruit juice. Sometimes you'd get an actual chunk of lemon or orange in your Dixie cup.  

Oooh! VBS sangria!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Where on earth are they living? Does the house have windows? And she's decorated for Christmas already, yay?

They're still in the warehouse, from the looks of it. So no, no windows. 

And get Smuggar off my screen. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Where on earth are they living? Does the house have windows? And she's decorated for Christmas already, yay?

I was just wondering that! I don't see windows or any changes in the lighting to indicate a window is outside the frame. How depressing. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh my goodness, you're right - no windows. The ceilings are super high. This is weird because even the corrugated metal warehouse structures usually have windows. That is so sad to live without windows. At least we know the room Mella sleeps in has light, because I think there's French doors to the outside in her room.

And as @iwantcookies mentioned, how many points of egress to they have? It certainly could be unsafe.

• Love 7