Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 11/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Susanna's daughter's expression is everything... could be captioned as "Why do I have to belong to this family of Covidiots?" or just, "Why am I related to these people?" in general. Little Destiny Waller's face is also priceless; she seems to have picked up where Davia left off. The Pecan baby also has a total WTF expression.

Pecan baby??

25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Pecan baby??

Sins of the father. lol

David once told a story about a time when he and Prissy "picked up fallen pecans off the side of the road". The pecan farmer called the police on them for stealing his pecans. A "jolly black" policeman let them go.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sins of the father. lol

David once told a story about a time when he and Prissy "picked up fallen pecans off the side of the road". The pecan farmer called the police on them for stealing his pecans. A "jolly black" policeman let them go.

The best part of this story is that David, under duress from his own leghumpers, took out the "jolly black" descriptors. Pics posted from the incident show hugely pregnant Prissy near tears. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The Kellers are total covidiots but I'm always struck by the warmth of their body language towards each other compared to the Duggar style of people aimlessly wandering about the kitchen while Michelle is humping JB's leg somewhere on the couch and the in-laws are artfully avoiding any eye contact with the leghumpers.

Anna's family seem to actually like each other.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
On 11/26/2020 at 6:32 PM, BigBingerBro said:

ceupmhliro161.jpg

I know I'm alone, but I really find the MKids really really homely. Yikes. I'm a terrible person for insulting kids, but their whole life is about pointing out how everyone else sucks and is going to hell. So I'll allow it. They're so... doughy. 

Who has the keys to the bus to hell? 

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

I know I'm alone, but I really find the MKids really really homely. Yikes. I'm a terrible person for insulting kids, but their whole life is about pointing out how everyone else sucks and is going to hell. So I'll allow it. They're so... doughy. 

Well Pillsbury doughboy IS the father 🤷‍♀️🤰🤰🤰🤰🤰🤰

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Shotgun!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

M3, Marcus maybe, is the spitting image of his grandpa Keller. Is fiancé #5 missing?

Fiance #5 is actually Husband #1! He is missing, yes. I wonder if he has the sort of job where he had to work on Thamksgiving?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why the hashtag #staylittle?  She'll soon have a replacement as the youngest kid, unless Pest sneaks off and gets snipped (not likely with daddy paying his family's upkeep.)

And yet again, a Duggar doesn’t understand how hashtags are used.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And yet again, a Duggar doesn’t understand how hashtags are used.

Yeah, but people put whatever extra they want using them. Any little silly thing with the pic or whatever. So that doesn't bother me. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its tagged 1st birthday party, but it looks like a photoshoot to me. 

Perhaps the weather in AR is different than I imagine, but I don't believe it's like Miami right now. Why is a child with a November birthday (I also have one) wearing a strappy sleeveless romper to her "birthday party." Even with the heat cranked up to 11 (which you know it isn't) that seems so chilly. I'm not saying she has to wear a snowsuit, but couldn't they find a sleeved dress with some tights or leggings (I know they would never put her in jeans and a sweater) for the photo shoot? She's a baby, not a fashion model and it's the end of November!

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Perhaps the weather in AR is different than I imagine, but I don't believe it's like Miami right now. Why is a child with a November birthday (I also have one) wearing a strappy sleeveless romper to her "birthday party." Even with the heat cranked up to 11 (which you know it isn't) that seems so chilly. I'm not saying she has to wear a snowsuit, but couldn't they find a sleeved dress with some tights or leggings (I know they would never put her in jeans and a sweater) for the photo shoot? She's a baby, not a fashion model and it's the end of November!

Michelle will have to lay down after she sees this pics.

• LOL 7
40 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That could’ve been in TX during thanksgiving, it was warm that day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

You're not wrong! The past couple weeks have been highs in the 40s/50s and lows in the 20s/30s. I always evaluate the weather locally by whether or not I am in the mood to drink hot tea in the mornings. (I'm not a coffee drinker.) I can't drink hot tea in Arkansas summers, but once the highs fall to the low 60s, I break out the tea. Let's just say I've been drinking hot tea on the regular lately. 🙂 

I know some people are colder/hotter natured than others--I tend to get overheated and as a child was always ripping off coats and mittens--but I wouldn't feel comfortable turning a kid loose in that light of clothing in this weather. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That's Rebekah's house so near Houston not NWA.  

Looks like the weather in Houston at Thanksgiving was upper 70's. which makes the sunsuit more understandable.  Michelle would still be apoplectic over it, though.

Rebekah must have a very nice home and surely she provided all the fancy decorations and balloons for the party, too.  I don't see Smuggar laying out the dough for a kid's birthday party/photo shoot.

• Love 11

Well, I hope if it was a party, there are more pictures for Mella to see when she's older. Otherwise she'll fall into that later kid category, thinking Mac and her other siblings all had parties with guests and all she got was balloons, cake and a stuffed bear.

• Useful 3

I think Anna is already pregnant again. In recent Instagram pics, she's always hiding her belly. And all her kids are two years apart in age, so it's just about time. She and Michelle seem to be a lot alike.

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, I hope if it was a party, there are more pictures for Mella to see when she's older. Otherwise she'll fall into that later kid category, thinking Mac and her other siblings all had parties with guests and all she got was balloons, cake and a stuffed bear.

Isn't that what always happens in big families?  My sister who is my Irish twin and I have literally hundreds of pictures of us as babies and preschoolers, albums full.  Dozens of pics of birthday parties, but also pictures of us doing everyday stuff like playing on the swings, riding our bikes, etc.  With each kid, the number of photos decreased,  My older sister and I were also the only ones who have multiple professional photos taken of us as little ones.  The next sister who came along got a single photo shoot at age 2 or so as did kid #4, the only boy.  My sister born number 5 never got a professional photo taken except for school pics.  Once, she needed a picture of herself as a baby for something at school and the only ones she could find were group pics taken on holidays.  You know the ones:  'Hey!  All you kids come sit under the tree for a picture!'  'Everyone grab their Easter baskets and stand together.'  She asked my mom who did find one of her, wearing only a diaper and covered in chocolate pudding.  My mom jokingly suggested she take one of the older sisters' photos since we all looked about the same anyway.  My sister did not find this amusing.  Luckily, she was able to find a single picture of herself wearing a pretty dress when she was a toddler, otherwise, she might've committed matricide.  Needless to say, my older sister and I are the only ones to have baby books that have actually been written in.

My baby sister, born almost 10 years after the pack, benefited from having teen siblings, including me, who had my own Instamatic, and liked to take pictures.  She's got plenty of pictures of herself as a baby, although the subjects portrayed are not always the sort of stuff my parents would've wanted preserved for posterity.  She's got photos of herself dancing to our albums, wearing our lipstick and trying on our clothes. There's even a photo of her as a baby being held by her 17 year old sister's boyfriend.  He's now been her brother in law for more than 45 years and she doesn't remember the time before when he was just a boyfriend.  She's also got a baby book that has handwriting on every page, documenting all her firsts.  All of it in my handwriting.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I am the youngest of 4. I don’t think I even exist. There are very few, if any, baby/toddler pictures of me.

I'm the youngest of 3, and the 3rd girl on top of that. Judging from pictures, I was plucked from the cabbage patch when I was about 10 months old.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I am the youngest of 4. I don’t think I even exist. There are very few, if any, baby/toddler pictures of me.

My grandma had nine kids, spaced three years apart.  My dad was number seven.  My grandma always said she remembed NOTHING about my dad!  She couldn't remember her pregnancy, the birth, his babyhood or childhood.  Nothing!  And she never had dementia or anything like that.

I did like the pale orange/pale blue color scheme going on with baby Maryella and the birthday decorations.  I never thought to match the outfit to the decorations!

• Love 2

I'm the youngest of four and there's more pictures of my sister's best friend than there is of me. But parents today have less of an excuse because they walk around with a camera in their pocket. Anyway, I'm guessing Anna didn't post party pics because she got so much flack about the Thanksgiving gathering.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm also the youngest of 4 (lots of us here!).  Same experience:  I do not have any pics of younger me until school pictures kick in at age 5.  There used to be a cute baby pic, but that disappeared long ago.  

• Love 2

My grandma had nine kids, spaced three years apart.  My dad was number seven.  My grandma always said she remembed NOTHING about my dad!  She couldn't remember her pregnancy, the birth, his babyhood or childhood.  Nothing!  And she never had dementia or anything like that.

I suspect that Michelle remembers the oldest 4 kids and the youngest 2 kids. All the kids in the middle were just so she could keep getting pregnant and making a spectacle. And I have nothing against large families at ALL. But Michelle never really seemed that interested in at least half her kids. Especially the Howlers. The buddies did all the real work and interaction. I get the feeling that Anna is a lot like Michelle. And Josh wanted to be like Jim Bob, but couldn't pull it off. I really want to know if Josh is actually happy in his marriage. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I suspect that Michelle remembers the oldest 4 kids and the youngest 2 kids. All the kids in the middle were just so she could keep getting pregnant and making a spectacle. And I have nothing against large families at ALL. But Michelle never really seemed that interested in at least half her kids. Especially the Howlers. The buddies did all the real work and interaction. I get the feeling that Anna is a lot like Michelle. And Josh wanted to be like Jim Bob, but couldn't pull it off. I really want to know if Josh is actually happy in his marriage. 

He’s fed constantly and has fulfilled his “manly” duties of procreating.  In their world I guess that’s happy 

He’s fed constantly and has fulfilled his “manly” duties of procreating.  In their world I guess that’s happy 

Josh was fed and breeding when Anna announced she was pregnant with Meredith, and I remember in the episode Josh looking miserable. I'm not so sure he's really happy. I used to feel bad for Anna, but now I feel like Anna is getting more out of their shitty marriage than Josh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Josh was fed and breeding when Anna announced she was pregnant with Meredith, and I remember in the episode Josh looking miserable. I'm not so sure he's really happy. I used to feel bad for Anna, but now I feel like Anna is getting more out of their shitty marriage than Josh.

I have never felt sorry for Josh (the bar for me feeling sympathy for any man in that belief system is incredibly high, and that bar doesn't even matter because he's always been such a smug asshole), but except for the bout of public humiliation, I do think Anna has been much happier overall than Josh. Frankly, I could see her turning a blind eye to his infidelity if there were no risk of public scandal. She has a roof over her head and any material thing she wants, she gets to keep popping out kid after kid despite her husband's wishes on that score, and she gets to feel smugly superior in her religiosity.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 21
32 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I remember that scene. Josh couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. I completely agree that, at this point, Anna is the happier of the two. She's successfully breeding for Jesus, lives on Boob's dime and has free daycare twenty yards from her door. In terms of the Fundie-verse, she's got it pretty good.

• Love 18