Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

SBu is doing more acting with Britt than he's done in the last five years.  I like that the writing touched upon whether Jason actually likes being a serial killer.

I agree and I was shocked when he told Britt he's not proud of using a gun, but he's grateful for the skill.  I feel like that is the closest Jason has ever come to showing remorse for what he's done in all the years of working for Sonny.  He looked like he really, really didn't want to leave Britt but he couldn't let his friend/surrogate lil bro Spinelli die because of Carly's screw up. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He looked like he really, really didn't want to leave Britt but he couldn't let his friend/surrogate lil bro Spinelli die because of Carly's screw up. 

One of the reasons I don't mind watching Jason now is because Britt is realistic with him instead of being a sycophant like Spinelli or a worshiper like Carly and her children and it seems everyone else in Port Charles. It's a more rounded character and allows the greyness that the character should have.

I was surprised to see that RoHo is a doctor and not a mobster. I may have silently cheered a little.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Roger Howarth trampling through the woods half naked to deliver Maxie's baby is the first thing in WEEKS that has made me give this show my full attention. This was a genuine surprise that wasn't hinted at or given any sort of lead up on the screen, which I appreciate. I kind of hope no one calls out Austin's resemblance to Franco; unless the characters are related, I don't need any *wink-wink* commentary on Austin's looks. We all know the score here.

It's amazing how Jason went from being open and intimate with Britt to tense and brusque on the phone with Carly. Especially since he had just admitted he's not proud of his murdering skills, and now Carly's calling him to use those skills to clean up her latest mess. Steve Burton has displayed a lot of range lately and I like this version of Jason who's capable of self-reflection and vulnerability.

Congratulations to Sam and Dante for usurping Michael and Willow as the current "square peg in a round hole" forced pairing. It is seriously painful watching them flirt, and I'm also still squicked out by the siblings they share. If your family tree begins to look more like a wreath, you should not consider hooking up.

I'm confused how Ava was supposed to be a dupe for Gladys and why Ava would jump in so willingly to play that role. As Nikolas said, Carly ain't a mob boss, she's a widow, and Ava joining forces with her without a second thought to the danger that comes part and parcel to Carly's plans is dumb. I'm with Nikolas here; Ava didn't need support for this move, she needed to be talked out of it.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, it's so ridiculous that Maxie, the heart transplant recipient has had two baby outside on the ground with no complications.  

I think we're supposed to be on edge that there may be complications, because he was holding a silent baby all wrapped up and Maxie sounded scared asking "Why isn't she crying?"

I was thinking, okay so Maxie started having pains, escaped from the cabin, got on the ground for labor,  then Dr. Roger Howarth delivered the baby and cut the cord and was holding the baby with no signs of blood ... in an hour? Two hours maybe? I guess baby Lou was as fed up with this storyline as we are. At least Maxie was wearing a dress and didn't give birth through her pants out in nature like her good friend Sam did.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The Dante/Sam contrast to Britt/Jason shows how very lame the former is. It's not even sexy teasing, it's just mean (honestly, why couldn't she have given him a bottle of water?) and then Dante looks after her affectionately. He looks like a masochist.

Britt/Jason I can take, especially like you said, Britt isn't taking Jason's BS.  Dante/Sam yuk. Mike and Nina, super yuk.

If they were going to bring RoHo back as a doctor, why not Steven Webber? Or do they want to pair RoHo back with Liz.

Is Maxie's baby going to die and then BL will be screwed.

ETA: Last week there was a video circulating of a Toronto area woman who had her baby in the car on the way to the hospital and it was a tense 20 seconds before the baby cried. YIKES! I guess that is way this delivery had zero effect on me

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sam's scene(s) with Dante were just embarrassing.  She looks, and sounds, ridiculous giving him crap. The looking into each other's eyes is just an eyeroll moment for me. 

Ugh, completely embarrassing and eye-rolling.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He looks like a masochist.

He looks like a dum-dum.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

SBu is doing more acting with Britt than he's done in the last five years. 

He really does seem more engaged. I wonder if it's because KT is a new scene partner, and they aren't rehashing the same old thing (for the most part).

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was surprised to see that RoHo is a doctor and not a mobster. I may have silently cheered a little.

Let's hope he doesn't become a mob doctor, but I'm not holding my breath. I wonder who he'll be related to, seeing as how no rando, especially one played by a name actor, shows up unattached.

I'm not sure Gentle Rustic Doctor Austin is better than Gentle Farmer Franco.

Ugh, why didn't Cyrus just shoot Carly between the eyes? That would solve so many of his (and our) problems.

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm confused how Ava was supposed to be a dupe for Gladys and why Ava would jump in so willingly to play that role.

I don't know why Ava didn't stake out the MetroCourt or GH garage and shoot Cyrus there. Oh, wait, it's because a Jerome can never show up a Corinthos.

This fakakta show.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

. Steve Burton has displayed a lot of range lately and I like this version of Jason who's capable of self-reflection and vulnerability.

I know right?  Who knew Burton had it in him? Not me, that's for sure.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't mind Sam and Dante as much as others around here. But I find that the writers are trying very hard to have them yapping at one another and being so-called enemies (and using the word very loosely here) to something else. 

Like there are more organic ways of trying to build a couple. 

Dante: I didn't know you played softball.

Sam: Nah, I'm just here for the hot dogs and the guys in tights. 

I'm not a writer, but dear writers, try something else.

Jason should really divorce his non-wife. So he doesn't like what he does, comes close to showing remorse, but he will not leave the mob. Dude, you stupid. What in the world have Sonny and Carly done for you lately, except to call you to clean up their messes.

Does anyone remember Ava taking someone out (Connie maybe?) with a sniper rifle? Why isn't anyone taking Cyrus out? All these characters, running around likes chickens with their heads cut off is beyond the pale stupid.

And Cyrus own the stupid hospital. He could have sent his goons to pick her up. Instead he's asking Carly to bring her. Cyrus is really ineffective and good at wasting his time and mine.

Maxie giving birth in the great outdoors. I'm expecting sociopath nurse to come for her and knock Dr. Austin out. Since Maxie didn't mention anything about him looking like Franco, then I'm hoping we won't have anyone remarking on it. Whatever specialty he's in, I'm expecting an influx of patients with that condition.

Looks like BL will have to find another baby. 

And finally, Peter. Get fucked, Peter. Seriously. I don't care if you have a rattle as a gift for your daughter or that you're having a fantasy about holding her, or that you are talking to yourself about your horrible life. I still want you to die. So please, do die. ASAP. Thank you.

• Love 10
(edited)

What is going on with Jason/SBu? He had a shirtless scene and smiled the other day, and his talk with Britt today wasn't terrible. 

Not sure what to make of Austin. So far he seems like Franco, but without the psychotic baggage. I don't know if I want to watch RoHo being an eccentric woodsy doctor but we'll see where this goes. 

Nikolas told no lies when he said Carly doesn't know what she's doing. What are they doing with Ava going along with Carly? She can protect Avery, she's Ava Jerome, she doesn't need Carly.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Hater said:

Switching up romantic partners has helped Sbu, but KM? Not so much.  The energy is still borderline coma.

Typical KeMo, IMO. She's a very low-energy performer in general.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Britt/Jason is giving me some Robin/Jason vibes and a bit of Elizabeth/Jason vibes (taking care of him after he got shot), but not Sam. Sam may have called him out on crap and showed some spunk, but she (and Sonny) needed him from the start. Sam moved in with him because she was pregnant with Sonny's kid and had no place to go, no income, etc.  She eventually became a PI, but even then getting involved with Lucky was to provoke Jason. Even after Jason "died,' she was fixated on the memory of him during her relationships with other men, and thought she had him back when she and Drew got together. 

Britt's only connection to Sonny and Jason prior to this storyline was about Britt's continued concern for Sonny's nephew, and whatever she may know about her father Faison's actions re: Jason.  Britt is an independent doctor who doesn't need Jason's money or his home and her experience with danger is craziness above what Mob people are used to, as she said. She needs his protection now as a result of being his ally in trying to take down Cyrus after he asked for her help. She has not been a person constantly begging for his attention, unlike Carly and Sam for decades. That may change, now that she's feeling vulnerable in addition to fearful because of her disease diagnosis and the threat from Cyrus. 

I didn't say it was a carbon copy, just that it reminded me of them. Yes, Britt is an independent doctor and she didn't need him "from the start" (though to me that's debatable since they've barely begun as it is so right now is their start and Britt needs him.) Jason is acting the same around her that he did with Sam. Sam was at the time able to stand up to him and also be his ride or die chick, just like Britt is doing now (I know Sam and Britt's motivations are different.) Given Britt's own romantic history (faking a pregnancy - or rather stealing a patient's embryo - to keep Patrick, whatever it was the got her put in jail when she was with Nikolas) I can see her becoming just as clingy as Sam became. I'm going to guess that Jason will be the only one who knows about her diagnosis and she'll need to him to help her just like Robin with her HIV and Sam with her pregnancy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Roger Howarth trampling through the woods half naked to deliver Maxie's baby is the first thing in WEEKS that has made me give this show my full attention. This was a genuine surprise that wasn't hinted at or given any sort of lead up on the screen, which I appreciate. I kind of hope no one calls out Austin's resemblance to Franco; unless the characters are related, I don't need any *wink-wink* commentary on Austin's looks. We all know the score here.

This is where I am! I was working and had my tv on mute (as usual the past few weeks) so I was quite surprised when I glanced up and saw Roger!! I cannot wait to watch the entire scene later tonight! I have been missing Roger and his energy. I really enjoy him as an actor, and I'm happy he's back. I also hope the resemblance isn't mentioned. They didn't mention it when ME went from being John McBain to Silas Clay so no need to mention it here! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina is an idiot, not that this is news. Did she really think Elijah would be a-okay once he saw those papers? Did she really think carrying them around in her purse was safe? Ugh, it's all so plot-pointy. 

Even worse than her overwrought reaction to Elijah’s similarly hammed-up menacing were her answers to the cop’s questions. “Uh... The papers fell on the ground! Yeah, they were uh... they were in his pocket! Yeah, in his pocket! And then they fell!” 

It’s like she was channeling Jon Lovitz: “Yeah, that’s the ticket!”

6A262100-210A-4633-822B-809A8D40BFE9.jpeg.5f0b509847d5c8747ad5cd5788702670.jpeg

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Let's hope he doesn't become a mob doctor, but I'm not holding my breath. I wonder who he'll be related to, seeing as how no rando, especially one played by a name actor, shows up unattached.

I'm pretty sure Finn was unattached when he showed up.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

One of the reasons I don't mind watching Jason now is because Britt is realistic with him instead of being a sycophant like Spinelli or a worshiper like Carly and her children and it seems everyone else in Port Charles. It's a more rounded character and allows the greyness that the character should have.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

It's amazing how Jason went from being open and intimate with Britt to tense and brusque on the phone with Carly. Especially since he had just admitted he's not proud of his murdering skills, and now Carly's calling him to use those skills to clean up her latest mess. Steve Burton has displayed a lot of range lately and I like this version of Jason who's capable of self-reflection and vulnerability.

I can't see Jason as grey just because Britt doesn't worship him quite yet (Spinelli was also realistic with Jason and not a sycophant when they first met, that's where the whole "Stone Cold" nickname came from.) Him expressing any regret over his serial murdering ways might mean something IMO if he was going to stop being in the mob and stop killing, but he wouldn't even give that up for his kids' sake, so he's not doing that for Britt's. This also isn't the first time Jason has been written as vulnerable.

SBu/Jason and every writer's insistence on writing him as perfect and every character having to genuflect before him is to blame for why this show has gone down the crapper even more than Sonny and Carly IMO. SBu putting in some effort and doing his job for once (which isn't necessarily something to be applauded since what he's paid to do) doesn't really change that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Last week there was a video circulating of a Toronto area woman who had her baby in the car on the way to the hospital and it was a tense 20 seconds before the baby cried. YIKES! I guess that is way this delivery had zero effect on me

Omg, that video made me cry.

Back to GH - that would have at least been a novel delivery. Even if she had been alone in a cabin - that would have been novel. But we have already done birthing-in-the-great-outdoors with kids who are still little - the unseen James, the unseen Scout, and the seen-way-too-much plot point Wyllie. I guess since Baby Lou will also be a key plot point baby we've at least evened up the unseen/seen-all-the-time baby count to 2-2.

Maxie may have wanted to mention her heart transplant when mentioning this was her third child.

Sam is an idiot. I still have a crush on Dante. I'm really kind of liking Jason with Britt. And I'm p.o.'d that Britt has the Huntington's marker and Peter does not.

• Love 7

I cannot stand Sam and today’s show just proved that she’s going to hook up with Dante. Please, please fire her!!!! She s a terrible actress!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm pretty sure Finn was unattached when he showed up.

Finn was the third (fourth?) character ME had on GH. McBain, the vampire, and Silas had connections to some canvas. 

It's more the writers hate creating someone brand new.

Color me surprised-- that Jason admitted he didn't like being a killing machine AND that RoHo showed up as a doctor.

I was waiting for Ava to break out the "identical cousin Denise" wig to impersonate Gladys (maybe next week)

And despite the dark lighting and the fake tan-- SBu's steroid induced backne is still visible-- they need to block any future love scenes better.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Color me surprised-- that Jason admitted he didn't like being a killing machine AND that RoHo showed up as a doctor.

I was waiting for Ava to break out the "identical cousin Denise" wig to impersonate Gladys (maybe next week)

And despite the dark lighting and the fake tan-- SBu's steroid induced backne is still visible-- they need to block any future love scenes better.

The skin. The feet. I don't know where to begin. It's good that him and KT have chemistry. haha. Jason sucks so much though.

33 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I cannot stand Sam and today’s show just proved that she’s going to hook up with Dante. Please, please fire her!!!! She s a terrible actress!

It's happening. I kind of feel bad for Dante.  I just think their scenes are so lame so far. The last scene I thought was fine, maybe? Idk. But today was a total rip off of an old Lulu/Dante scene. Sam would be better off somewhere off screen. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

RoHo showed up as a doctor.

<sigh> Frod is back.  Back to his one-note performances.  Back to stuffing food in his mouth while he talks. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Even worse than her overwrought reaction to Elijah’s similarly hammed-up menacing were her answers to the cop’s questions. “Uh... The papers fell on the ground! Yeah, they were uh... they were in his pocket! Yeah, in his pocket! And then they fell!” 

It’s like she was channeling Jon Lovitz: “Yeah, that’s the ticket!”

I'm so done with the Nixon crap. I want it over already. Just a land of bad acting, crime, terrible storylines, and a lost MB.  I hope we leave "The Falls" ( I bet Elijah is in the Corinthos Org, but doing side crap with those malls ) soon and when we do I just need Sonny back, please .... Nina can stay. Unless we bring back the "Days" actress again (redhead). She was so good. I hated seeing the switch but didn't hate the character until this new Nina. It's just bad and her eyes scare me and bug me at the same time, and I don't even watch those scenes if I'm being honest.

At least Franco came back today!! I guess it's Austin now? Can we just have him be Todd and move on with the story??

On 5/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think that's hope on your part. lol. But if they go that way (lol, pun), Let em live.

I just need someone to TELL CHASE THE STINKING TRUTH already!! He knows in his sad little weak man heart, and his pathetic passive aggressive manipulation of Will is just sad and is passively "making me thirsty ( come on Seinfeld my people)" ... Is it just me or ??

• Love 1

I'm thankful RoHo's new character is a doctor and not a mobster - at least that we know of.  I laughed at him showing up shirtless though. Is it that hot this time of year in the NE? 

While I'm not enthusiastic about Sam and Dante that softball scene was so painful it almost made me long for more Mike and Nina screen time. Almost. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Scrapple said:

I think that's hope on your part. lol. But if they go that way (lol, pun), Let em live.

I just need someone to TELL CHASE THE STINKING TRUTH already!! He knows in his sad little weak man heart, and his pathetic passive aggressive manipulation of Will is just sad and is passively "making me thirsty ( come on Seinfeld my people)" ... Is it just me or ??

I’m not sure what you mean as you quoted me but seemed to have deleted what was posted?

(edited)
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

This is where I am! I was working and had my tv on mute (as usual the past few weeks) so I was quite surprised when I glanced up and saw Roger!! I cannot wait to watch the entire scene later tonight! I have been missing Roger and his energy. I really enjoy him as an actor, and I'm happy he's back. I also hope the resemblance isn't mentioned. They didn't mention it when ME went from being John McBain to Silas Clay so no need to mention it here! 

I think the resemblance was commented on when he came back as Silas,  but not when he came back as Finn.

Ugh, just typing that made me wince.  Can they please stop recycling main actors into new, unrelated characters?  This is a daytime soap, not American Horror Story.

Edited by Kiki777
Reasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm thankful RoHo's new character is a doctor and not a mobster - at least that we know of.  I laughed at him showing up shirtless though. Is it that hot this time of year in the NE?

Maybe he's a doctor and a mobster. The premise of the new show The Cleaning Lady.

Thanks to weather weirding, earlier this week it was 88 degrees a bit farther north in Canada, and tomorrow the high is going to be 46.  You can pick your day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I think the resemblance was commented on when he came back as Silas,  but not when he came back as Finn.

Ahhh . . . okay! I couldn't remember when they mentioned it. I thought it was mentioned when he went from Silas to Finn, but I don't know. LOL! I'm just glad to skip the whole "you look like X person who just died or left town." 

Edited by lala2
41 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm thankful RoHo's new character is a doctor and not a mobster - at least that we know of

I was excited by the prospect of RH being a doctor, since this show is about a hospital, but he really didn’t seem like he knew what he was doing. But since it’s RH, I’m not sure if it was just an acting choice... maybe he’s an agent sent by Frisco/Robert/Anna/Obrecht/literally any of the 10,000,000 people in the small town of Port Charles who are on Team Maxie

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Ahhh . . . okay! I couldn't remember when they mentioned it. I thought it was mentioned when he went from Silas to Finn, but I don't know. LOL! I'm just glad to skip the whole "you look like X person who just died or left town." 

I think it was from Silas to Finn and he didn't wanna hear it. Lol 

Okay yeah I just watched a scene when he first met Sam and she said he looked exactly like Silas. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I had a dreadful thought about the gawd- awful Peter... They're not gonna kill him. I don't follow soap news closely, but I don't think he's leaving, so they're gonna give him a head injury and amnesia, so he can be 'a good man' until they need him to be Snidely Whiplash again. 

20 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Frodstin?

Doc Frodd? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

And I'm p.o.'d that Britt has the Huntington's marker and Peter does not.

Wasn't there a scene not too terribly long ago where they showed Peter's hand trembling ? Or am I imagining it ? Although I'm also kind of remembering a scene where he was tested and found out he didn't have it ? Back when things were still good between him and Maxie and she found out she was pregnant so they wanted to know if Peter possibly had it and could have passed it on to the baby ? 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The last time I recall that he did a shirtless scene where he seemed genuinely into the woman, was with Becky Herbst for the Liason NOP during which Jake was conceived. And, Jason seemed smitten with Elizabeth when they were seeing each other secretly when Jake was a baby. I still remember the straddle.

I have to admit I thought Liason back in the day were extremely hot. Maybe because Steve and Becky were/are both very attractive people but it really worked for me. I love Kimberly McCoulogh but I wouldn’t ever consider her sexy, more just cute. Even though in the beginning I did really love Jason/Robin I wouldn’t ever call them a hot couple. I don’t remember who said it first but I am also very pro-smut and pretty people :)

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3

I thought today was a great episode. In fact, other than Nixon Falls, I think the show has been crackling lately.* So excited to see RoHo back.

*OK, fine, Michael/Willow, and now Sam/Dante are horrible terrible too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's more the writers hate creating someone brand new.

Which makes absolutely no sense because the HW gets paid more for each brand new character he introduces. 

• Love 1

Ugh, Howarth.  I honestly didn't miss him.  And it looks like they went the same direction as with Dr. Michael Easton by making his third character Q-U-I-R-K-Y!

Sam looked sooo stupid in her Aurora jersey.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, Howarth.  I honestly didn't miss him.  And it looks like they went the same direction as with Dr. Michael Easton by making his third character Q-U-I-R-K-Y!

Sam looked sooo stupid in her Aurora jersey.

Aren't all Howarth character somewhat quirky? I don't think Todd started out that way, but ended up with some quirks. 

I think Nurse "Chloe" will be the sneakered figure we see run down the stairs to Headwound Peter, but I'm assuming we won't know who killed him (fingers crossed) for some time. 

I will be interested to see if BLQ and Maxie's plan will somehow still have a contrived reason to progress, even if Peter really is out of the picture. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Hater said:

chemistry. haha. Jason sucks so much though.

5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It's happening. I kind of feel bad for Dante.  I just think their scenes are so lame so far. The last scene I thought was fine, maybe? Idk. But today was a total rip off of an old Lulu/Dante scene. Sam would be better off somewhere off screen. 

Besides sharing siblings, how can Dante be with someone his "dead" daddy once knocked up? Beyond gross.

I actually cheered a little when RoHo showed up. Can't believe I missed the big lug.

Snarly is the worst Lady Mob Boss ever. She's making Mooby and St. Jasus look like Al Capone and Meyer Lansky.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I love Kimberly McCoulogh but I wouldn’t ever consider her sexy, more just cute.

Yes, she's still super adorable.

• Love 5
(edited)

RH looked amazing with his buff bod but his abs bones sticking out always grossed me out. LOL!!! Once he was established he (Austin) put his shirt back on in the next scene. He seemed to be playing his usual quirky self but then there was a hint of creepy towards the end. Hopefully, the baby is okay but I wonder how everything else is played out with Peter and Brook Lynn. Also, the scenes with DZ & KM were so embarrassing. I mean they aren’t 20 somethings.

I totally don’t get the Ava exchange. When they first talked about it I thought Ava would dress up as Gladys to throw off Cyrus but she didn’t. If they (Carly) planned to exchange Ava for Spinelli why would Cyrus give two hoots about Ava. So what was the point of Ava and the on location shoot in the parking lot of the GH studios? Doesn’t FV know that cost money?!?

Edited by ByaNose
(edited)

Hey kids, remember me? I have been on the barge mostly for about...the last year and a half except some small scenes sprinkled here and there. Once I heard about Jason and Britt kissing, I decided to check back in.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:40 PM, tveyeonyou said:

Did Brason kiss today? ABC cut away less than halfway thru the show as they seem to do whenever there's something I want to see. I don't know why I like them together because I can't stand Jason but SBu seems to almost act when he's with Britt. I guess I'll watch it tomorrow OnDemand after I watch Cruel Summer which is the only show on that's any good IMO.

This is so me. I loathe Jason, I despise him. Cheered like I won the grand lottery when he went into the harbor and cursed like a sailor when they brought him back. But, this is working for me. They have major chemistry. I can't believe I'm saying that with a scene with him in it. But as I've been WFH for the past year plus, I turned it on to watch live.

The stuff with Maxie yesterday was super soapy. "You'll never get my baby, bitch!" Hah, classic. But really, RH is a doctor now? Please don't tell me he's all quirky just like Finn. Who I also despise because every woman he's paired with becomes instantly boring.

Michael/Willow/Chase - kill it with fire.

This Nixon Falls stuff is bad, y'all. Like really really really bad. No wonder I was on the barge if this is what they've been showing.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, Daisy said:

yeah. I am very team smut.... and it's very lacking in my soaps.

Hell, there hasn't been decent smut on this show since Nik and Hayden were banging like bunnies. Don't come at me, either. You know it's true lol.

Good to be back around these parts. Miss this snark something fierce.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Good on Maxie for fighting, but dear, if you are going to scald and then club your attacker/kidnapper, you club and keep clubbing until she is unconscious and then you take her phone and call for help. 

I don't believe for one second Sam has ever played softball. How would she even run around the bases in her spike heeled boots? I hope to god they realize that this is not working before it gets going. 

• Love 8

So Brason are hiding on Canada Street, Port Charles?  Because there's no way Jason could show up to save the day in less than an hour.

How can blonde Ava be the decoy for Gladys without a wig?  Doesn't she still have her "Denise" wig?

• Love 2

I think if Austin was supposed to look like Franco, Maxie would have some sort of reaction to that. So I don't think "oh, you look just like Franco" stuff is going to be an issue. I was immediately annoyed by Austin. 

My kingdom for a day without Britt/Jason. I didn't see anything different in SBu's performance when Jason admitted to his so-called regrets. It was the same as every other time Jason is supposed to be seen as super sensitive or caring. And, on que, Britt looked all moony-eyed "My hitman boyfriend is ever so sensitive and feeling." 🙄 I don't even know what she was talking about. Everyone, except for characters who are supposed to be disliked, see Jason as the holy hitman.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

No, you were right. They did that at least a couple of times in the early Finn days. "You look so much like this other doctor who worked here!" Finn's character bio at GH Fandom says "multiple times," but I remember two. One of them was Sam. 

• Love 2

In the world of chemical reactions, Britt and Jason are potassium chlorate and sugar.  Sam and Dante are polyvinyl alcohol and borax.

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not sure Gentle Rustic Doctor Austin is better than Gentle Farmer Franco.

Snerk.

I hope he brought a big can of Deep Woods Off. Walking around shirtless in the woods at dusk can get itchy, fast. And what is up with the front-to-back combover? And the neck gator? The sweater around the waist? This is not a good look.

I’m glad he’s a doctor, but I’m not sure what they’re going for here. At best, I was getting vibes of Linc from Gray’s Anatomy. At worst, he was reminding me of Levi Dunkleman. 

9 hours ago, Blackie said:

Frodstin?

8 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Doc Frodd? 

Or maybe just Audd?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2