Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

He is DEAD! Bye bye! Don't let the door hit you on your way out!!! A dickhead to the very end, that Peter. I wonder what Finn and Elizabeth did with the body, but I'm sure WR will come back for flashbacks or step into Maxie's nightmares, where she'll see him over her shoulder or whatever.

Next up, Willow and Michael. Just let Chase die, show, so that these two virtuous, as driven as the white snow, self-sacrificing assholes can fuck in peace. Since Michael will never die, I will settle for the grim reaper paying Willow a visit.

I was wondering if BL was going to have to hand over the baby right away, but with Peter on the "run" they can drag this storyline for years if they want. 

This Cyrus storyline, they really really squandered JK's potential. Watching him today with Genie was really a what could have been moment, if the writers had had the balls to write something half-decent for the man instead of having him walk around chatting up people. 

I don't care about Curtis/Portia pairing that's coming up. I miss old pre-wedding to Jordan Curtis. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

PS. I thought that one second stock clip of a helicopter flying around was hilarious. 

I loved all of the trouble Peter had, what with the pilot's texts/calls that he's delayed. And then he just walks away and gets thrown down the staircase!

Ugh, the show comes to a grinding halt every time Willow and Michael appear.

• Love 11

I have a hard time believing Peter is dead. I just can’t celebrate that one yet because I feel like I’m going to be disappointed when we find out tomorrow that his body is missing. But this show surprised me with Nelle because I definitely didn’t think they’d kill her off so I’ll hold out hope. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I have a hard time believing Peter is dead.

Me too.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Like, I want an open casket with everyone walking up and smacking him with a shovel, just to be sure he's really, really dead.

I don't know if I believe, teeny, tiny Liz and not that muscular Finn would be able to get Peter's body out of the stairwelll and hidden somewhere and the blood mopped up without anyone seeing them, considering Mac supposedly had the hospital completely checked and rechecked.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I saw Peter and Maxie's scenes. While I think that Peter is a badly developed character the TIIC think is a more compelling than he is, Wes didn't do a good job when he really could have proven himself. I can't believe that guy went to Juilliard. Did he forget to act? He used to be at least an okay actor. He didn't do badly on Charmed, he was the lead in that independent movie Latter Days. It gave me flashbacks of Chad Brannon's final scene with Natalia Livingston, where Chad was totally killing it and Natalia sucked, which made his acting all the more impressive. 

• Love 5

Another thing I loved was BLQ seeing Maxie at her room window and showing her Bailey's face. So sweet.

I'm not so sure Peter is most sincerely dead, either. 

The Laura/Cyrus scenes were good, but as usual, the show tries to have it both ways. I have no trouble with Cyrus hating that his family doesn't want him, but what does he expect? He was the drug kingpin of the Northwest, and he came to PC to take over Sonny's territory. He tried to get a new addictive opioid sold through GH. He blew up a gastropub. He killed people. Any of those by themself is enough for a family to keep its distance, but all of them? He's lucky they didn't ever drop the dime on him.

Yet now I'm supposed to feel sorry for him that he's unloved and alone in the world? You can't stack the deck like this so high on one side and then expect me to root for the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Watching him today with Genie was really a what could have been moment, if the writers had had the balls to write something half-decent for the man instead of having him walk around chatting up people. 

This could be said about so many people on the canvas.  There is actually a lot of talent on this show, and when they get the opportunity, they bring it.  Unfortunately, they don’t really get many chances.

I knew it was Elizabeth who would find Heinrich.  I’m pretty sure I’ve seen her wear those sneakers before.  I will be very happy if he’s actually dead, but after all the mayhem he caused it’s a bit anticlimactic.

I liked that Valentin apologized to Elizabeth and took responsibility.  He showed her respect, more than I can say for Anna.  I also thought it was weird that Anna didn’t even ask about the baby when she first pushed her way into Maxie’s room.  It was only after she saw how upset Maxie was that she finally got a clue and was like oh yeah, where is that baby anyway??

Speaking of Valentin, I’m already feeling horribly for him.  He is going to love that little baby (she’s adorable too).  It’s going to be bad when he finally finds out it was all a ruse.  But will the baby switch actually materialize if Peter is really dead?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

But will the baby switch actually materialize if Peter is really dead?

Unless Liz and Finn come clean in the next few days or his body turns up somewhere, everyone will assume that he's on the run looking for the baby.  Which means BLQ will keep the baby for safe keeping.  This could go on for awhile.

Also, she named the baby Bailey Lois Quartermain (BLQ!!)

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I have a hard time believing Peter is dead. I just can’t celebrate that one yet because I feel like I’m going to be disappointed when we find out tomorrow that his body is missing. But this show surprised me with Nelle because I definitely didn’t think they’d kill her off so I’ll hold out hope. 

I am not celebrating either. I think even if Peter does die, WR will just come on again as someone new and the audience will still have to labor through his awful acting.

• Love 5

I don't see how Liz and Finn can keep Peter's body hidden. Someone will nose him as they go up the stairs (or whatever closet it's in).

KSt yesterday and today, JK today. There is a lot of talent on this show that gets wasted with the stupid.

Another good episode all round, except when Michael and Willow appeared. They really do kill all momentum when they show up and they're both kind of awful right now, Willow with her baby rabies and Michael forcing Brook Lynn to be checked out at the hospital. He may be right but he's inherited his mother's aggressive narcissism.

2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I didn't understand why the pilot said they were delayed when we saw them flying. I assumed they were near the hospital but maybe that was a misdirect

The last text that the pilot sent was that he couldn't land. We never find out why.

51 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Me too.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Like, I want an open casket with everyone walking up and smacking him with a shovel, just to be sure he's really, really dead.

Like Airplane or a Monty Python skit.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yet now I'm supposed to feel sorry for him that he's unloved and alone in the world? You can't stack the deck like this so high on one side and then expect me to root for the other.

They think it works with Sonny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow with her baby rabies

I thought she'd start snacking on BLQ II the way she was looking at her.

45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They think it works with Sonny.

Sonny has those dimples, though. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, paisley said:

Throughout today's episode I kept thinking "This is delightful-no Corinthii!!!". It was a hospital drama!!! I haven't enjoyed GH this much in years. Maxie was outstanding. I also liked Deanna and I hope she gets some character development. 

Wouldn't it be nice if ABC decided to give Mo his own soap called Nixon Falls and sent all the Corinthii minions there to do their gangsta stuff and let GH be GH? That would make me very happy.

It would get cancelled very quickly, and then they'd infect our GH again. 

• Love 1

It's possible Peter had a vial of something that made him only "seem" dead, but assuming he is dead, that was pretty fucking anti-climactic for what seems like an eternity of suffering that I have endured watching this guy. I would have rather Anna blew him away while he snarled at her. Or maybe while he was standing there bloviating at Finn, the chopper could have landed and cut his damn head off! (I do praise Jesus it wasn't Jaysus that got him, though.) 

And WTF? Now Liz/Finn are gonna keep the truth from Maxie and the police when they don't know that Maxie's baby is actually safe. I find it hard to believe Liz would keep information secret when it is relevant to a kidnapped baby! Why couldn't Finn just say he and Peter struggled, and Peter fell down the stairs. Liz could back him up that she saw Peter fall. Finn obviously wasn't out to kill Peter since he has the anti-dote, and Anna would back that up. 

The Willow actress looks like she needs some Pepto Bismol every time she is forced to verbalize how much she wants Michael. While he smirks like the cat that paid for the canary. 

• Love 12

Why are May sweeps stories ending up in June?  Once again they have too much going on, after dragging stories out for months.  Do the Maxie baby switch story or do the Cyrus meltdown story, not both on the same day.

Today was AMAZING*. I called it. I kept saying that Peter was dead. Although I did think there would be a whodunit. This is better, though, so much better.

Frankly, I'm surprised that anyone is doubting that Peter's dead. A nurse checked, and then double-checked his pulse and breath. And then a doctor checked his pulse. And then they presumably disposed of his body. I'm guessing they used those back stairs to get him to the morgue, then put him in a body bag and just threw a John doe tag on it. Either way, I'm sure we'll find out how.

I just love that we now have such a juicy, believable reason why Maxie isn't getting her baby back right away which gives BL and Valentine time to simmer and grow and that whole thing to eventually explode. I can't wait.

This whole story has obviously been set up so well with the seeds lain. It also answers the question why they had Chase revealed as Finn's son. Yes, he still would have worked to find a cure as his brother but the stakes are higher as his father especially since he failed by not fighting to be there, to even know at the start. Also, the four of them getting together, reliving old memories wouldn't have happened had it not been for this situation so Chase wouldn't have gotten poisoned in his place. And, then there is the fear of failing to save him after all the brouhaha about the father reveal weighing so heavily on him.

Finally there is the Elizabeth and Finn of it now who are literally partners in crime. They now have a bond that will only bring them closer much quicker as they will pretty much only have the other to be completely honest with.

So, so, soooooo good.

I also loved the hostage scenes. Just all around.

Man, GH is rocking so hard. Not thrilled about Carly tomorrow, but I'm not hating her story right now to be honest. Actually Michael/Willow and Nixon Falls are the only fails.

*Minus, of course, the duller than brown dirt Michael and Willow.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Another good episode all round, except when Michael and Willow appeared. They really do kill all momentum when they show up and they're both kind of awful right now

I know !!  I really thought they were going to stop the episode dead in its tracks with a Millow sex scene because they are just so "hot" for each other. 🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

And WTF? Now Liz/Finn are gonna keep the truth from Maxie and the police when they don't know that Maxie's baby is actually safe. I find it hard to believe Liz would keep information secret when it is relevant to a kidnapped baby! Why couldn't Finn just say he and Peter struggled, and Peter fell down the stairs. Liz could back him up that she saw Peter fall.

This makes no sense. Peter being dead or alive, and anyone knowing whether he is dead or alive has literally *nothing* to do with Maxie's "kidnapped" baby. It is not relevant in the slightest. According to the information (that is false) that Maxie told Peter (and is telling everyone else), FakeChloe kidnapped the baby. Peter had nothing to do with it. If either of them knew that Maxie actually had the baby hidden from Peter, they would tell the truth. However, this is a case of Maxie not knowing what Finn/Elizabeth know, and Finn/Elizabeth not knowing what Maxie/BL know.

As for Finn just saying that they struggled and Peter fell? Well, that's not what happened. Finn actually did push him down the stairs. It wasn't an accident. And Elizabeth couldn't back that up because she came in after the fact and found Peter already lying at the bottom of the stairs.

As for why he couldn't just lie and say that happened? That was Finn's plan, but Elizabeth pointed out that it would take time, he would be arrested and be behind bars and there was no antidote and Finn is the best chance of saving Chase's life. The time that Finn was confessing, getting interrogated, booked, arrested, thrown in jail, likely awaiting trial, etc. Chase would be dying. All of that time is time that Finn could be working on and likely finding an antidote to save Chase's life. She reasoned that with all of the horrible crap that Peter had pulled, Finn going to jail and losing time that could be spent working on saving Chase's life.... well, Peter wasn't worth it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

And WTF? Now Liz/Finn are gonna keep the truth from Maxie and the police when they don't know that Maxie's baby is actually safe. I find it hard to believe Liz would keep information secret when it is relevant to a kidnapped baby! Why couldn't Finn just say he and Peter struggled, and Peter fell down the stairs. Liz could back him up that she saw Peter fall. Finn obviously wasn't out to kill Peter since he has the anti-dote, and Anna would back that up. 

Yep. Everything you said. Even though I’ve really enjoyed gh lately this turn of events is massively stupid. Liz and Finn are both medical professionals, not killers. Why can’t Finn just say it was an accident?  He’s a respected doctor, even if there would be questions and an investigation I’m sure his word would hold up. What happened to the body anyway?  Even the idiotic PCPD should be smart enough to check the stairwells. 

I loved the contrast of Maxie looking like death warmed over (understandably) and then BLQ looking fresh as a daisy. I mean, come on. Willow has had a baby. Brooklyn would NOT have looked that good after just giving birth, especially a supposed emergency birth. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4

I wish I could believe we were done with WR but either Peter's body will go missing or he'll get the same treatment OLTL'ers get and get a new character for being LWB. 

I really hope we're done with Cyrus. I don't know if Peter could have been better because WR is not a good actor but JK was actually wasted talent. 

I love BLQ thought of BLQ 2. I'm enjoying the team up of Maxie and BL so naturally I'm waiting for them to ruin it. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

that was pretty fucking anti-climactic for what seems like an eternity of suffering

Helena drank some tea and then she died. I'm still not over it, and I still don't believe she's dead.

38 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Frankly, I'm surprised that anyone is doubting that Peter's dead.

LOL. This is a soap. No one has to stay dead if the writers don't want them to. Plus, this is Faison's son. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a backup nurse who will shoot him up with adrenaline and revive him.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I wish I could believe we were done with WR but either Peter's body will go missing or he'll get the same treatment OLTL'ers get and get a new character for being LWB. 

So much no to this. Since he's such a great thespian, he can go and find a job elsewhere. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

With the constant repetition of showing the nurse running Down the stairs and checking Heinrik’s pulse, when they show it in real time, we’re shown Elizabeth running UP the stairs and calling out Heinrik’s name before she hunches down to check his pulse.

And I also won’t believe he’s sincerely dead unless he ends up in the morgue, cut open, and then burned or buried like Franco was. That won’t stop the show from resurrecting him, as this is a soap after all, but you know what I mean.

Good GOD, but when did Anna become so STOOPID??!!

Setting aside the baby issue, it was really insensitive of Elizabeth to think it’s perfectly okay for everyone to think Heinrik is just on the run, and letting Maxie think he once again, has gotten away with murder. Maybe Mac will put out a media blast with his pictures and maybe a janitor or orderly will find the “body”.

And I know, it’s ridiculous for me to be logical, but I don’t think Heinrik thought that he’d get into a pushy-shovy with Finn and had the presence of mind to have a drug to appear dead after being pushed down the stairs.

Good Lord, the WHINING of Cyrus was just too much. And…I kept thinking what would Luke do? What is WRONG with me?!!! I just wanted to slap Jordan and Kevin silly.

And also, just how STUPID is Trina? That wasn’t a toy pistol Cyrus had. That he didn’t shoot her to shut her up was a miracle.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
(edited)

Dr. Michael Easton as the LWB/FS pusher, because of HISSON, is kind of a lame choice, IMO.  And this coverup, I guess, will probably kickstart a pairing with Liz, which I'm also not about.

I did enjoy Maxie noting that LWB/FS is far inferior to Faison as far as criminal masterminds go.  And Amanda Setton's been very sweet with that baby, you can tell she's a mama herself.

Previews...who's surprising Britt?  Did Brad break out of jail?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yep. Everything you said. Even though I’ve really enjoyed gh lately this turn of events is massively stupid. Liz and Finn are both medical professionals, not killers. Why can’t Finn just say it was an accident?  He’s a respected doctor, even if there would be questions and an investigation I’m sure his word would hold up.

It's not about whether or not his word would hold up, it's about the bolded. That would take time that Chase DOES NOT HAVE. Finn needs that time to work on finding an antidote to save Chase's life. That was what Elizabeth told Finn. If they told the police, then Finn would be losing hours, days of precious, literally life-saving time that he could be using to find a cure to save Chase's life. And it's not like Finn succeeding is a shot in the dark. In GH-world, he found the cure for Blackwood's disease, a disease that was previously incurable. He is a world-famous infectious disease specialist.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I mean, come on. Willow has had a baby. Brooklyn would NOT have looked that good after just giving birth, especially a supposed emergency birth. 

Willow was too busy ogling the baby to pay any real mind to Brooklyn (who is fast becoming a favorite of mine; her scenes talking to little BaileyLu today were adorable and I loved when she held the baby up for Maxie to see).

I'm waiting for Elizabeth and Finn to visit wherever they dumped Peter and for him to be gone.  Dun...dun...DUN!!!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Willow was too busy ogling the baby to pay any real mind to Brooklyn (who is fast becoming a favorite of mine; her scenes talking to little BaileyLu today were adorable and I loved when she held the baby up for Maxie to see).

I'm waiting for Elizabeth and Finn to visit wherever they dumped Peter and for him to be gone.  Dun...dun...DUN!!!

Somehow I am picturing Peter and Nelle hanging out just outside of Nixon Fall ready to return to PC in a few months married and wanting their kids.

I approve of Bailey Lois Q. So much better than Louise Jones.

The cover-up of Peter's "death" makes it so much worse. Same thing happened when Peter killed Franco after he was knocked out, kidnapped, tied up and threatened by Franco. 

I wonder who will break first, Finn or Liz. Speaking of Liz, I got some Lady McBeth vibes off of her today as she urged Finn to get hide the body.

8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

her scenes talking to little BaileyLu today were adorable and I loved when she held the baby up for Maxie to see).

Yes I forgot to mention that scene...loved it. So sweet. I have done a complete turnaround on Brooklyn. Couldn’t stand her when she first came back on he scene (although I love Amanda Setton) but I’m definitely feeling her lately. I STILL don’t get how any of this secures the ELQ shares (won’t Valentin just take everything back once he sees this has all been a ruse???) but it’s taken on an even more important meaning now and I’m loving all the soapiness right now. 

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good Lord, the WHINING of Cyrus was just too much. And…I kept thinking what would Luke do? What is WRONG with me?!!! I just wanted to slap Jordan and Kevin silly.

Luke would have eviscerated Cyrus with some bitter, biting Truths, Spencer-style and Cyrus would have likely put the barrel of that gun in his mouth and squeezed the trigger.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes I forgot to mention that scene...loved it. So sweet. I have done a complete turnaround on Brooklyn. Couldn’t stand her when she first came back on he scene (although I love Amanda Setton) but I’m definitely feeling her lately. I STILL don’t get how any of this secures the ELQ shares (won’t Valentin just take everything back once he sees this has all been a ruse???) but it’s taken on an even more important meaning now and I’m loving all the soapiness right now. 

Valentin is carrying around his own Peter guilt, so I can actually see him sympathizing with the rouse and maybe letting the Qs keep one share for a 50/50 split. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The last text that the pilot sent was that he couldn't land. We never find out why.

Probably because Peter wasn't anywhere near an actual helipad. Standing on a roof surrounded by generators and bldg infrastructure isn't actually ideal you idiot!

Why hasn't Valentin let Anna know he got an extra dose of the antidote from Peter?  When he 1st asked for it, I assumed he was getting it to give to Finn for research.  And when Anna later asked Peter for a dose, I just knew Peter would say he'd already given one to Valentin.  Now that "his" baby's here, Valentin will be too focused on that to remember.

• Love 2

Does Portia's house not have a back door?   The stupid, it burns.

Hilarious how everyone is standing 5 feet away from the house with a gunman in it.  Cyrus can probably hear what they're planning.

Kevin! 

I ♥ Kevin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Or maybe while he was standing there bloviating at Finn, the chopper could have landed and cut his damn head off! (I do praise Jesus it wasn't Jaysus that got him, though.) 

We needed them to pull a Dr. Romano from ER and have the helicopter crash on top of him after it chopped off his arm.

4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved the contrast of Maxie looking like death warmed over (understandably) and then BLQ looking fresh as a daisy. I mean, come on. Willow has had a baby. Brooklyn would NOT have looked that good after just giving birth, especially a supposed emergency birth. 

Her eyeshadow was a dead giveaway. I guess she's vain enough to make herself up, but she should have looked more rough if she wanted to sell the story. I love her though, she's become my favorite new character. Her penitentiary line was gold. Why the hell did she call Michael though? MayoTwin powers, activate!

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dr. Michael Easton as the LWB/FS pusher, because of HISSON, is kind of a lame choice, IMO.  And this coverup, I guess, will probably kickstart a pairing with Liz, which I'm also not about.

If kind of means one of the most boring possibilities of all, then yes. And you know Fliz is coming. Get used to it.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I hope when everything shakes out and Maxie gets the baby back that she keeps the name Bailey.

Dear god, I hope so. It's a million times better than Louise.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Helena drank some tea and then she died. I'm still not over it, and I still don't believe she's dead.

LOL. This is a soap. No one has to stay dead if the writers don't want them to. Plus, this is Faison's son. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a backup nurse who will shoot him up with adrenaline and revive him.

Exactly. Erica Kane’s abortion came back into her life decades later. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

We needed them to pull a Dr. Romano from ER and have the helicopter crash on top of him after it chopped off his arm.

If I remember correctly Dr. Romano recovered from this helicopter accident (but was unable to operate again) only to be killed by another helicopter.  He was standing outside the ER entrance and the helicopter fell off the roof and onto him.  

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

If I remember correctly Dr. Romano recovered from this helicopter accident (but was unable to operate again) only to be killed by another helicopter.  He was standing outside the ER entrance and the helicopter fell off the roof and onto him.  

Yes, this is correct. In this case, we needed to combine the two helicopter accidents (someone hated Romano, heh) in order to rid ourselves of Peter forever. I'm in the camp that they're going to bring him on as a new character. Probably a non-evil twin. (gag)

Of course, Peter is not dead until Show decrees it, but I suspect he’s a goner. Really, what else can they do with the character? He’s already flip flopped between good and evil multiple times, and any ties to other characters have been severed. He’s not a Nelle or a Helena- type character who can pop in occasionally for short stints of crazy pants wickedness. I just don’t see any narrative benefit to keeping him around.

As for Wes Ramsay... I haven’t minded the various reboots of Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, but if WR gets reincarnated, I will be gathering things to throw at the screen. Enough, already.

When Valentin heard Maxie’s baby was kidnapped, did I detect a glint of suspicion? And then Brooke Lynn shows up 5 minutes later, with a baby born under mysterious circumstances and no witnesses to be found? I’m not sure he’s going to buy the coincidence.

Jeff Kober was bringing it today (mostly in bad lighting, sadly), but I’ve had it with Cyrus and his “wah, wah, nobody loves me, I just want a family” bleating. Gummi Bear Purveyor Sonny is a more convincing crime boss than this petulant whiner, and that’s saying something. So I would also like to see Cyrus take a hike— although unlike with WR, I’d accept a reincarnation in this case. How about an actually-evil twin?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
11 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I mean, come on. Willow has had a baby. Brooklyn would NOT have looked that good after just giving birth, especially a supposed emergency birth. 

Also it seems like this baby doesn't need to be fed, by breast feeding or formula.

I think Valentin will put it together and get BL out of the hospital so she doesn't need to be examined by the doctor.  What was Maxie's and BL's plan to get a birth certificate?  Valentin will be able to handle that.

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I saw Peter and Maxie's scenes. While I think that Peter is a badly developed character the TIIC think is a more compelling than he is, Wes didn't do a good job when he really could have proven himself. I can't believe that guy went to Juilliard. Did he forget to act? He used to be at least an okay actor. He didn't do badly on Charmed, he was the lead in that independent movie Latter Days. It gave me flashbacks of Chad Brannon's final scene with Natalia Livingston, where Chad was totally killing it and Natalia sucked, which made his acting all the more impressive. 

Do we know that he went for acting?  Maybe he plays a mean xylophone and went there to study music....?

I’m not generally into babies but Louise/BLQ2 is really stinking cute!  And I teared up a bit when Brooklyn saw Maxie in the window and turned the baby around for Maxie to see.

I liked that little bit of shade she threw when Willow tagged along with Michael to the hotel.  But I’m sure once Willow heard about a fresh baby, she immediately started to drool and begged to go with him, leaving the aging Wiley to play blocks with Monica.

I am actually looking forward to today’s episode! That hasn’t happened in a while.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Valentin is carrying around his own Peter guilt, so I can actually see him sympathizing with the rouse and maybe letting the Qs keep one share for a 50/50 split. 

I’m thinking this might happen too, or he’ll figure it out before then. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

As for Wes Ramsay... I haven’t minded the various reboots of Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, but if WR gets reincarnated, I will be gathering things to throw at the screen. Enough, already.

Why is it always the men who get multiple characters populating this town? (And no, I don't know that WR is getting another character, but I'd say the odds are good what with him being LWB). I don't recall any women getting several options to play all these different characters. It's beyond ridiculous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Why is it always the men who get multiple characters populating this town? (And no, I don't know that WR is getting another character, but I'd say the odds are good what with him being LWB). I don't recall any women getting several options to play all these different characters. It's beyond ridiculous.

Kristen Alderson and Natalia Livingston are the only ones who come to mind. I know, a very low bar. But it seems Howarth and Easton get waaaaaaaay more opportunities to do it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I think Valentin will put it together and get BL out of the hospital so she doesn't need to be examined by the doctor. 

Given the way they've written him, it would 100% be out of character for him NOT to figure it out. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kristen Alderson and Natalia Livingston are the only ones who come to mind. I know, a very low bar. But it seems Howarth and Easton get waaaaaaaay more opportunities to do it.

Also Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun, though there was a significant time lapse which I think makes a difference.  Although, with Natalia Livingston it was a look alike acknowledgement.  Evil twins and doppelgangers are kind of the bread and butter of soaps.  So, that one bothers me less than the rest of them where we're supposed to pretend that someone who looks exactly like a recently departed character is a completely new person who looks nothing like said recent departure.

I think the big question is are these the actors people are clamoring to have back?  I thought Natalia Livingston was a terrible actress.  Roger Howarth isn't great.  

• Love 1

I’m definitely looking forward to Friday’s show. Will Cyrus be killed by his own hand or by the cops, or will they take him alive? I’m glad they didn’t resolve both storylines yesterday; Cyrus and Peter each deserved some extra attention on their wrapups. 

I do agree that the Cyrus storyline had some deficiencies; there was a lot of aimlessness at times, especially in the beginning 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackie said:
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
14 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Also it seems like this baby doesn't need to be fed, by breast feeding or formula.

I think Valentin will put it together and get BL out of the hospital so she doesn't need to be examined by the doctor.  What was Maxie's and BL's plan to get a birth certificate?  Valentin will be able to handle that.

This is where Bobbie or Britt should have still been in the story. If Bobbie or Britt were there to confirm they "delivered" Bailey, then no one would insist on Brooklyn being examined. Too bad they only touted Bobbie out for the "very special episode" and then dropped her from the story. 

• Love 6