Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

Sam's already slept with Ric, Sonny's half brother and her mother's husband/father of her half-sister and uncle of her half sister.  And, while she didn't know it at the time, Sonny's the father of her half sister.  I kind of think she HAS to sleep with Dante at this point.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "All in the Family."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I wonder why they picked this one? 

I thought it was because Maxie and Peter were so excited and happy about the ultrasound picture of their baby. Duh duh duh...

I think that Sam and Dante are "flirting" (and I use the term loosely) to free up Jason for Britt and that's why the writing for them is so terrible, because they don't really matter. It would take Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell to make that snark into a love story (think The Front Page), DZ and KM can't do and shouldn't be asked to.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just zipped through this week and I couldn’t help but think the show was doing a Jason and Robin redux with Jason and Britt. Right down to the terminal illness. But really? Huntington’s is the “absolute worst, most painful” disease when it kills you?  I can think of a few others. AIDS comes to mind.

I do think that Huntingdon's is worse than AIDS, especially now that there is a cocktail that can keep HIV positive people from developing full-blown AIDS. AIDS affects primarily the body until possibly the very end but HD destroys the mind as well as the body. It's a very long, painful death requiring a lot of personal care. And of course, having a child when tou know you have the marker is courting it into the next generation .
Unlike Robin who is living a good life now, Britt will develop all the problems of HD and die from it and there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Dante/Sam should work on paper if you're overlooking family connections. They've had some good scenes and could build off a friendship. What they're doing right now isn't working. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Drew. They screwed up that triangle every six ways from Sunday.

You mean a triangle between with Jason/Sam/Drew? I'm pretty sure Steve doesn't do those types of triangles. Jason actively refused to fight for Sam and Drew, calling it Sam's decision.

What makes me really mad about this is that they blew up a pairing that was working, a pairing that managed to make Sam more interesting because she had severed her ties to the mob, only to revive JaSam, which went absolutely nowhere, then decided to blow up JaSam so that Steve can go and play in the sandbox with a new pairing.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think that Sam and Dante are "flirting" (and I use the term loosely) to free up Jason for Britt and that's why the writing for them is so terrible, because they don't really matter.

They don't matter. And if they were written better than this, they might be able to compete with Steven's new pairing and we all know that he has a fragile ego when it comes to this sort of thing, when they did the Sam/Lucky pairing.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Katy M said:

Sam's already slept with Ric, Sonny's half brother and her mother's husband/father of her half-sister and uncle of her half sister.  And, while she didn't know it at the time, Sonny's the father of her half sister.  I kind of think she HAS to sleep with Dante at this point.

This is just hilarious. I now want Sam to sleep with BackFromTheDead!Morgan if/when he ever shows up. Just make it a full-on running joke.

He wasn't a Corinthos,, but Sam also slept with Silas, father of her cousin Kiki.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean a triangle between with Jason/Sam/Drew? I'm pretty sure Steve doesn't do those types of triangles. Jason actively refused to fight for Sam and Drew, calling it Sam's decision.

Yes, that is what I meant. I'll cut that off though since that belongs in the history thread most likely. 

So, being completely unfamiliar with HD, I finally looked it up. It sounds as if this takes years and years to play out. Symptoms aren't immediate, and there are several stages of the disease. So what is Britt talking about with all this 6 months talk? It does sound miserable though, as it was described as having ALS, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's all in one. :(

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

So, being completely unfamiliar with HD, I finally looked it up. It sounds as if this takes years and years to play out. Symptoms aren't immediate, and there are several stages of the disease. So what is Britt talking about with all this 6 months talk? It does sound miserable though, as it was described as having ALS, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's all in one. :(

EXACTLY! And she's forgetting her psycho of a father, FAISON, lived for years and years, and didn't seem to have any of the symptoms. He's only dead because Heinrik killed/talked him to death.

She probably thinks she's going to die soon because of those hand tremors and pain we've been shown.

And this probably should go in the Unpopular thread, but I don't think that Sam and Dante even look good on paper. I can't recall them EVER being around each other to have been acquaintances before he was brainwashed and left the show. And to suddenly have her show up in his face, trying to be a friend because Lulu is now in a coma? As others stated up thread and pages ago, it's so forced. Unless I missed something in the past three years or so?

Frank has already decimated so many of the legacy families and characters, so just recast Lulu again already.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

EXACTLY! And she's forgetting her psycho of a father, FAISON, lived for years and years, and didn't seem to have any of the symptoms. He's only dead because Heinrik killed/talked him to death.

She probably thinks she's going to die soon because of those hand tremors and pain we've been shown.

And this probably should go in the Unpopular thread, but I don't think that Sam and Dante even look good on paper. I can't recall them EVER being around each other to have been acquaintances before he was brainwashed and left the show. And to suddenly have her show up in his face, trying to be a friend because Lulu is now in a coma? As others stated up thread and pages ago, it's so forced. Unless I missed something in the past three years or so?

Frank has already decimated so many of the legacy families and characters, so just recast Lulu again already.

I agree. I don’t see how she couldn’t work with Drew but can work better with Dante. I can excuse the close family ties and the former if I thought the actors were working exceptionally well together and for me they are not. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They've worked together a little bit on cases here and there over the years. Always purely platonic of course. And then when Valentin held everyone hostage and Nik "died", there was a funny scene where Sam went storming off to find Jason and Dante tried to stop her and kind of flung himself on top of her. I guess the main thing they did together was that What If episode that revolved around Sonny (insert eyeroll here), where Dante was in the mob and he and Sam were together. I don't remember much about it though.

I still submit that they could work as a couple given they had good or even somewhat decent writing. They should have built off them opening up to each other about their problems (Dante's PTSD, Alexis being in jail, etc.) Aren't Danny and Rocco friends? Why aren't they having playdates, even offscreen? Again, there is material to mine but they just aren't doing it. To focus on the Jason aspect is just stupid but typical of this show. The whole "you're my enemy" is super lame.

So, is this the last we've seen of Kimberly J. Brown?

• Love 1
On 5/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, ciarra said:

I don't think Peter is dead.  Two stories hinge on his participation -- the Chase poisoning, and Maxie's baby.  They could make him comatose, for a while, I suppose.  But they need the Maxie gives her baby to BLQ storyline, and she wouldn't need to do that with Peter dead.  With FakeChloe down a well? and possibly dead, she can't really carry on the Chase antidote story (since she has access to the antidote in the safe).   Unless she's not injured that badly.

If they kill off Peter, they'd either have to put Maxie in a coma or give her amnesia to carry on the BLQ baby snatching, and I don't know how they'd save Brooklynn from stealing Maxie's baby.

Killing off Peter would actually propel Chase's story, because they'd assume it's a death sentence, and then Willow can pity marry him just in time for Finn to synthesize an antidote in the 11th hour. 

Still, I doubt we'll ever be done with Peter. He's not the charismatic anti-hero the showrunners think he is. Seriously, if the Soup were still on the air, Peter's "acting" would be a recurring segment. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Still, I doubt we'll ever be done with Peter. He's not the charismatic anti-hero the showrunners think he is.

He's too mustache-twirlingly evil to be an anti-hero. He might have been one at the beginning, when he was trying to make amends for being Faison's son, but now that he's embraced his dastardly genetic heritage, that's dunzo.

• Love 5

You'd think an episode without Sonny, Carly, or Jason would be at least interesting. The problem is that almost everything revolves around Cyrus or Peter. There are too many non-important characters we're dealing with. 

How much longer is it going to be before we see someone smack the hell out of that smug, self-righteous Juilliard-spouting weasel?

• Love 6

Now that the baby switch is in motion, where is Bobbie ? Wasn't she supposed to fill in for Britt and help with the lie that Maxie's baby died ? Why wasn't she at the cabin with BLQ ? 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Maxie says "that man saved my life" but doesn't seem to recognize him, and Elizabeth seemed to pause but did not have a big reaction, so either RH's Austin is supposed to not look like Franco period, or just a slight resemblance.  

I liked the way Maxie, with her tear stained face, looked Peter in the eye and told him the baby's "gone." Her goodbye to baby Lou was so sad. With all the rage and pain she was just starting to let out, I am guessing that Peter takes a header down the hospital stairwell due to a confrontation with either Maxie or Finn. 

LOL that Michael's taken aback at Willow calling their love "tainted"/feels wrong because of lying to Chase and sneaking around.  Ya think? No surprise she feels guilty but he doesn't. Of course, look who his parents are.

I hope BL put a diaper on the baby and gave her a bottle before that car ride.  She also needs to be seen by an OBGYN/ peds doctor so BL can be sure she actually is okay.

I thought for sure Gladys was going to pass out or flatline before she got Peter's name out in her recorded statement.

Plot point stupity again; grab the gun out of his hand the moment he's passed out before you answer the phone. 

I am unmoved by the preview of Peter asking, teary eyed, where's the baby.

ETA: I think Elizabeth's statement to Finn was supposed to be ironic (mentions losing Franco on the same day she sees RH's new character), but all I could think was Peter did not take Anna and Finn's relationship away. Anna did that by lying/deluding herself and thus endangering people, and over all not being trustworthy.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

Does Portia do house calls?  The only doctors that I know who still have medical bags are the ones who need them for house calls. I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but I do have internet skills and that bullet wound seemed too low to affect a nerve in the arm.

KSt did a good job saying goodbye to the baby and confronting Peter. Is Brook Lynn driving to Bobbie, I hope.

Maxie needs to come up with a story as to where here baby's body is before she gets charged with infanticide.

Did neither Portia nor Trina think to take the gun away from Cyrus when he was unconscious?

Curtis' love woes are boring.

Jasam fans continue to be scary passionate. I saw a Twitter survey on who is the sexiest man on GH, Jason, Franco, Chase and Michael. Jason won with 58% of the vote.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see Sam and Dante working unless she totally repudiates the mob, and she never will. 

But isn't that where the angst in their relationship is going to be? <eyeroll>

On 5/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, lala2 said:

They also need to write for him more rather than solely using him as Millow angst.

They've really stopped writing for Chase as a person since Willow chose Michael. He's either Millow angst or Anna/Finn angst.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Now that the baby switch is in motion, where is Bobbie ? Wasn't she supposed to fill in for Britt and help with the lie that Maxie's baby died ? Why wasn't she at the cabin with BLQ ? 

That's not the original cabin/plan.  Maxie made plans for Bobbie and Brook Lynn to meet her at a house in Beechers Corner, where she was going to give birth with Bobbie's help and hand the baby to BL.  Before she could do that, Chloe drugged Maxie and took her to a different cabin.  She was going to induce her to give birth so that when Peter showed up, he'd be able to grab both Maxie and baby and make a run for it.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

but doesn't seem to recognize him, and Elizabeth seemed to pause but did not have a big reaction, so either RH's Austin is not supposed to look like Franco at all,

I believe Austin is not supposed to look familiar to these people.  He doesn't look like Franco to them because he's not Franco. He's only familiar to us because we know RH played both characters. 

9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought for sure Gladys was going to pass out or flatline before she got Peter's name out in her recorded statement.

Me too.  I actually fist pumped in excitement that she was allowed to say it and not die before she had a chance.  

10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Plot point stupity again; grab the gun out of his hand the moment he's passed out before you answer the phone. 

THIS,  Or have Trina answer the phone in another room and immediately blurt out that Cyrus was there.  What is this nonsense, "Curtis, I have to tell you something......"  Just spit it out woman!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see Sam and Dante working unless she totally repudiates the mob, and she never will. 

But isn't that where the angst in their relationship is going to be? <eyeroll>

LOL. Supposedly, yes, but we all know it will devolve into Sam yelling at Dante for arresting Jason/Sonny. Zzzzzz.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That's not the original cabin/plan.  Maxie made plans for Bobbie and Brook Lynn to meet her at a house in Beechers Corner, where she was going to give birth with Bobbie's help and hand the baby to BL.  Before she could do that, Chloe drugged Maxie and took her to a different cabin.  She was going to induce her to give birth so that when Peter showed up, he'd be able to grab both Maxie and baby and make a run for it.  

I know. I guess I shouldn't have said "cabin". I meant the house in Beechers Corner. BLQ was there waiting for Maxie before Maxie called and said come pick me up in the woods. Why wasn't Bobbie in Beechers Corner with BLQ ? 

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, Benji said:

BLQ was there waiting for Maxie before Maxie called and said come pick me up in the woods. Why wasn't Bobbie in Beechers Corner with BLQ ? 

Because she had BLQ pick up supplies and bring them to BC.  Bobbie didn't need to be there until it was time to induce. 

Or, JZ isn't on contract and we've already seen her this month in the Sean's memorial episode.  

• Love 1

They’ve definitely kicked Cyrus’s and Peter’s storylines up several notches and possibly towards their endgames and I for one appreciate it. It felt too often like TPTB were slow rolling those two, waiting for a certain date or something to kick off certain things. Cyrus especially suffered from this

• Love 1

If Maxie is smart she'll say Lou fell in the well with fake Chloe. 

I can't remember the last time I was impatient to see what happens next, so a tentative well done Show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

If Maxie is smart she'll say Lou fell in the well with fake Chloe.

Oh I thought she would say Chloe took the baby so Peter will be on the hunt for Chloe

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Oh I thought she would say Chloe took the baby so Peter will be on the hunt for Chloe

The weakest part of her plan was always going to be the stillborn baby aspect. So the way it's played out so far is helping her. Chloe abscounding with Lou works too.

• Love 5

So I assume we're still playing catch up to the "7 hours ago" which aired last week? And that tomorrow will be to the present, when we (will we?) see who tossed Heinrik down the stairs?

On another, totally unrelated note, I hope if Kimberly does return for a stint for the Nurses Ball (assuming they hold one this year), she needs to dress herself and put on her own make-up, because someone on this show clearly hates her. She posted a picture of herself in Puerto Rico, I think it was over the weekend, and she looks EONS better than she did in the "tribute" episode!*

And Tristan was in Mexico!

*Never letting this go.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maxie needs to come up with a story as to where here baby's body is before she gets charged with infanticide.

I was just coming here to ask if Maxie ever said how she was going to explain no body. 

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

The weakest part of her plan was always going to be the stillborn baby aspect. So the way it's played out so far is helping her. Chloe abscounding with Lou works too.

That's probably her only go-to, but why do I doubt she's going to say that?  She's also got the problem that Austin knows he delivered a healthy baby, so she can't use the stillborn story. 

I will say I really liked BL today.  For as nutso as this story is, she's redeemed herself in my eyes and become an interesting character.

• Love 4

I think Maxie's best bet is to say Chloe stole her baby.  She can't say she miscarried at this point so that's the only thing that makes sense. Who knows when, or if, Chloe will ever be found. Peter can then spend his time tracking down Chloe. I don't think he's dying because there's still the Brook Lynn angle of the story. I assume that will play out for a bit, and if Peter is dead, I don't see Maxie letting BL keep her baby! 

Why did Portia even pick up Curtis's call? I would have rejected that call and dialed 911!! I hated the cliche of Curtis talking over her. Ugh....so annoying!! 

Im happy no one recognizes Dr. Austin! It's better that way. 

Millow are so awful. I know it's for all the wrong reasons, but it sounded like Willow is finally realizing what she doing is wrong. I know she just wants to openly and freely love Michael (ugh), but if it frees Chase from this horrific storyline then I'm all for it. Maybe the writers will start writing for Chase again and stop seeing him as only a prop for Millow and his brother/dad! 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's probably her only go-to, but why do I doubt she's going to say that?  She's also got the problem that Austin knows he delivered a healthy baby, so she can't use the stillborn story. 

I will say I really liked BL today.  For as nutso as this story is, she's redeemed herself in my eyes and become an interesting character.

Austin was in and out of consciousness so I'm guessing he also heard her goodbye to baby Louise.

With all the speculation on who RoHo would be paired with, I never imagined Maxie would be in the running. I just hope they don't go there.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's too mustache-twirlingly evil to be an anti-hero. He might have been one at the beginning, when he was trying to make amends for being Faison's son, but now that he's embraced his dastardly genetic heritage, that's dunzo.

He definitely had a heel turn, or went from gray to black.

Since the resumption of new episodes after the hiatus last spring/summer, Show has been tacitly acknowledging that some things were not working out. A few that come immediately to mind: Julian still hanging around, running his gastropub and not adding much else, years after what looked like an exit story. Franco's tumor removal and transformation to gentle family man (yes, Friz had a fanbase, but he was always going to be polarizing, and the resistance was intense). The Sam/Jason pairing, which never regained whatever luster it had had 10-15 years ago. Peter as conflicted and quasi-sympathetic. Dev as the fourth member of the teen set. 

In all cases the recognitions took too long, and there's no guarantee that the new stories will be any better (Nixon Falls? Millow? Sam and Dante?), but I do think they've tried to clear out some deadwood and course-correct.

• Love 4

I still think that Peter is dead and the suspect pool is growing:

Maxie, Finn, Elizabeth, Jason (he'll be free soon), Carly (she'll follow Jason), Anna, Valentine (who will show up at GH soon with BL and baby), a few more now with Gregory and Jackie (finally showing up!).

Am I missing anyone?

The show is soooo good right now, I don't care what anyone says. This is such soapy goodness. Yes!

• Love 3

I liked the cut between Debbie Downer Finn and the optimistic surgeon for Gladys. That sort of thing can be ham-handed, but I thought it worked here.

Depending on the light, Cyrus was either still hot or kind of hideous-looking. I wonder if he's really going to leave town (i.e., the show).

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That first story she was in was so stupid. All of her problems were because of her own idiocy. I hate it when I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone because of that. And I think the nutty stories sometimes work better than the ones that are supposed to be more real (relatively speaking, of course) because we know they're nutty.

Ugh, I'm so tired of Willow and Michael feeling guilty about their tainted lurve. Grow a spine and tell Chase the truth! It's that easy to solve!

Add me to the list of people surprised/relieved that Gladys didn't die before saying she saw Peter with the gun. But LOL that Gladys's witnesses are her son and his girlfriend. That's not a conflict of interest at all. Hee.

I don't know if doctors still have those black bags, but as a first aid kit, it's probably better supplied than what you can buy at the drugstore, for instance.

• Love 3

Well HALLELUJAH, Gonzo is back tomorrow!!

Was it just me, or did Elizabeth pause for a minute when she saw Austin’s face? Please, no.

GOD. Where is the Anna from 2012? Just shoot Heinrik in the knee or close to the gut to find out where he stashed the antidote!

I guess the PCPD is too cheap to hire stenographers to take statements? No way will Gladys’ statement be questioned because she used her own CELL phone to get it.🙄🙄🙄

Tomorrow Maxie better unload on Heinrik. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Was it just me, or did Elizabeth pause for a minute when she saw Austin’s face? Please, no.

Yeah, I saw that and am choosing to ignore it.

Cant Hear You La La GIF by blackbear

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That first story she was in was so stupid. All of her problems were because of her own idiocy. I hate it when I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone because of that.

I remember a fanfic I read years ago that did something similar, Brook clearly about to get in over her head with a shady music producer because she refused to talk to anybody or get any advice, though the writer stopped updating and didn't get any farther than the set-up. The difference? The Brook Lynn in that story was 17.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I remember a fanfic I read years ago that did something similar, Brook clearly about to get in over her head with a shady music producer because she refused to talk to anybody or get any advice, though the writer stopped updating and didn't get any farther than the set-up. The difference? The Brook Lynn in that story was 17.

If they didn't jettison her character during the college years, they would have a really good story for her. We knew back then producers were doing shady shit like that. 

• Love 2

Why did one of them not even think to grab the phone and text someone after the surgery or during it? Or just press the emergency button.

I really hope Peter's dead.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess the PCPD is too cheap to hire stenographers to take statements? No way will Gladys’ statement be questioned because she used her own CELL phone to get it.🙄🙄🙄

You want to know how incompetent I think that Jordan is? She is too dumb that she didn't press record before she started interviewing Gladys.

3 hours ago, driver18 said:

I still think that Peter is dead and the suspect pool is growing:

Maxie, Finn, Elizabeth, Jason (he'll be free soon), Carly (she'll follow Jason), Anna, Valentine (who will show up at GH soon with BL and baby), a few more now with Gregory and Jackie (finally showing up!).

Am I missing anyone?

Most of those people aren't going to kill Peter because right now he is the only one that has access to the antidote.

Peter isn't going to die because BLQ and Valentin are going to be raising Max/Peter's daughter for some time. Maxie not only knows where her daughter is (unlike the original plan where Britt would have the baby given to someone that Maxie had no idea who they were) but she told Bobbie about her plan to give her baby to BLQ.

• Love 2

I actually liked today’s show. In fact, I wanted it to go another hour or at least long enough to see the Maxie & Peter confrontation. Except, for Willow & Michael the show was great. That said, even that wasn’t as bad because of Willow confronting Finn about Chase’s condition. They really did amp up this episode. It’s usually May sweeps but GH I guess because of pandemic (maybe) ran it all for June. Oh! Oh! I forgot about Gladys scenes. They were good, too. Yup! It really was a good thing. It’s nice to have nice things, isn’t it? See everyone tomorrow. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

I. Issued most of today.  ABC pre emptied it for Biden.  Who decided to ramble on until the end of the show.

god how I hate ABC news.

Sad but Los Angeles also missed it thanks to the news coverage of the firemen shootings and the shooter's burning house which we watched burn for over 4 hours.  I guess it will be shown at 2:07 a.m.  I won't be watching; I'll be 😴. I'm just glad I was able to find out what happened thanks to the posts here. 

If Maxie does tell everyone that Chloe kidnapped her baby and that explains her disappearance, my hat's off to whoever is writing this plot. But Peter needs to die. Right. Now.

No one, including Liz, commenting that "Austin" looks like Franco makes me think that we're supposed to ignore the resemblance.

• Love 4

I'm fine with that.  Him resembling Franco will only piss me off further that the character is dead.  Or at least that he died in such a stupid and pointless way, since Peter is never going away.

And to think I liked Peter until fairly recently.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Maxie does tell everyone that Chloe kidnapped her baby and that explains her disappearance, my hat's off to whoever is writing this plot. But Peter needs to die. Right. Now.

Seriously, that’s a really good idea. Probably too good, unfortunately.

I want Peter dead, but I do NOT want a Who Killed Peter storyline- that would be just another way for Peter to continue to eat the show even after his death. No thanks.

But like everyone else has said, I doubt he’s truly gone yet. Maybe comatose - that might be a nice break - for WR, too; he can take a break from all the mustache-twirling and have a nap. And then in a few months he can wake up with amnesia and we’ll all be on the very edge of our seats wondering if he’s faking it or not as the show weighs whether or not to try to redeem him, because we haven’t seen that plot device used… this year. Shit, that went off the rails quickly. It alarms me how easily I can come up with bad ideas.

So if Gladys’s recantation and accusation of Peter actually holds up, do you think the PCPD will drop all charges against Jason even though they still have him dead-to-rights on the hospital escape? Probably, right - it’s Jason. And the PCPD.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this probably should go in the Unpopular thread, but I don't think that Sam and Dante even look good on paper.

Not unpopular with me. This pairing is the definition of forced. They have no chemistry, there is no logical reason they should be friends, and the only reason they’re sharing scenes is they’re both unattached and have no other prospects. DZ must be so happy he jumped back into this black hole.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Depending on the light, Cyrus was either still hot or kind of hideous-looking.

Heh. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry’s girlfriend was either beautiful or hideous depending on her lighting. Cyrus just needs to stay on the right side of the room.

7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why did one of them not even think to grab the phone and text someone after the surgery or during it? Or just press the emergency button.

Yes! There was no reason to answer that call and speak where Cyrus could hear. Trina is what, 19? So you know she can send off 15 texts in the time it would take me to say “hello”.

And. how pregnant is Brooke Lynn supposed to be? Isn’t she still a few months away from her due date? If so, is she planning to hide out for awhile, or will she try to pass this 8-month-old off as a preemie? (C’mon, no way does that kid look like a newborn. She almost has teeth.) As bonkers as this story is, I’m still loving it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Not unpopular with me. This pairing is the definition of forced. They have no chemistry, there is no logical reason they should be friends, and the only reason they’re sharing scenes is they’re both unattached and have no other prospects. DZ must be so happy he jumped back into this black hole.

Heh. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry’s girlfriend was either beautiful or hideous depending on her lighting. Cyrus just needs to stay on the right side of the room.

Yes! There was no reason to answer that call and speak where Cyrus could hear. Trina is what, 19? So you know she can send off 15 texts in the time it would take me to say “hello”.

And. how pregnant is Brooke Lynn supposed to be? Isn’t she still a few months away from her due date? If so, is she planning to hide out for awhile, or will she try to pass this 8-month-old off as a preemie? (C’mon, no way does that kid look like a newborn. She almost has teeth.) As bonkers as this story is, I’m still loving it.

Considering how long Maxie was pregnant, that kid probably does have teeth.   And since Brooke Lynn looks to be about 14 months pregnant, Valentine should be questioning whether he's the father.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ouinason said:

And to think I liked Peter until fairly recently.

I still kind of like Peter—WR has totally leaned in to the mustache-twirling side of Peter, and I enjoy the hamminess. But that unequivocal badness means that if the show wants to keep him around after this (which it seems to want to do), we're in for another "the tumor made me do it" kind of redemption, and those are rarely successful. Franco's was a failure, even though I liked who he was before his death. I just didn't like how we were supposed to forget he'd been a heinous SERIAL KILLER. 

I won't be sad if they kill Peter off, but I'm doubtful that will happen. Maybe he'll go on the run for a while and return as a look-alike. Another trope that's been over- (and badly) used on this show, but I prefer it to the redemption route.

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Depending on the light, Cyrus was either still hot or kind of hideous-looking.

That's what I was thinking of! Hee.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2021 at 6:11 PM, dubbel zout said:

Two: Kristina (Sonny/Alexis) and Leo (Julian/Olivia). But they also share Avery (Ava/Sonny)—half-sister for Dante, cousin for Sam

There isn't a lot of Sam and Ava interaction - "Aunt Ava" - I haven't heard Sam say that.  But then I don't always pay good attention.  

1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

There isn't a lot of Sam and Ava interaction - "Aunt Ava" - I haven't heard Sam say that. 

Given Sam used to beeline to Charlie's only to act like Julian, the *owner*, had the nerve to be there and would proceed to tell him how much he "disgusted" her, be happy she's not showing up on Ava's doorstep to do the same.  

On that same thought process, I don't think Ava has ever once mentioned her nephew, Leo.

• Love 2