Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I missed the Luke and Laura heyday so I  didn't have the bonding with Geary that others have and by the time I got into the show  again, Geary was bored with that Luke and making demands that the producers indulged him in (as they do MB and SBu) while Genie got wig-on-a-stick. Playboy Luke murdered any good memories of L&L and I cringe whenever he appears in Tracy's storyline now. I have no wish  to see him on again.  I still love Robert/TR.

I thought this was 1000 x better than the Gail memorial, including that there was no CarSon anywhere around.

43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As Billie Jean King said, "Getting older is not for sissies."

Bette Davis said it first (academic here).

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And what would have been the harm, since TIffany was off-screen, that Lucas (who?) was also there off-screen tending to her.  Not I'm surprised given they never do anything with the family connections he has on-screen, but it's still so annoying when they miss connecting fairly obvious dots like this.

After the funeral, Tiffany was with Connor scattering Sean's ashes and returning to the inn the next day. She told Annie that she stayed away because she would have given the show away during the test. Did Lucas know Aunt Tiffany that well?

Where Lucas should have been is with Maxie and Bobbie. I cringed to hear that Nurse Bobbie is going to get the supplies and induce Maxie somewhere away from a hospital. So many things can go wrong. (I was induced, the baby went into distress and I ended up with an emergency C-section. Fortunately I was in a hospital. )

16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless Show retconned the hell out of it again, and I need to watch, but not having clearance isn't the same as no longer working for the WSB. There are levels of clearances within agencies. So does Annie think Robert is still with the WSB?

As Annie was still a trainee, I don't expect her to know who has clearance and who doesn't.

I assume that the talk of getting into the files was just the test. Why would Sean's old files have any information on a new toxin that Henrik created that Obrecht, who probably helped Faison make the original toxin, doesn't?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

As Billie Jean King said, "Getting older is not for sissies."

Bette Davis said it first (academic here).

I didn't know that! BJK never attributed it to anyone. Thanks, @statsgirl.

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why would Sean's old files have any information on a new toxin that Henrik created that Obrecht, who probably helped Faison make the original toxin, doesn't?

The new toxin might be based on the old one, and that info might give Finn an idea of how to counteract it. We've been wondering from the start why Liesl hasn't been asked to help. It's probably a money thing, with them not wanting to pay KG. Cameron Mathison's dough has to come from somewhere, you know.

• Love 4

I was also tired of Geary phoning it in the last decade he was on the show. But for this episode? I was hoping for an appearance.

Setting aside Annie’s probie status, I’m more confused and 😒 that the WSB would let Sean keep his old files from when he was WSB. Oh, wait. Wasn’t he director? Never mind.

As for Laura’s and Monica’s shocked faces-I’m hand waving they didn’t know and whoever came upon them told them offscreen. It’s stupid because unless it was WSB agents, their scared faces make no sense if it was Mac or Robert or Anna who came upon them. At least Felicia and Robert’s fake out made sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I cringed to hear that Nurse Bobbie is going to get the supplies and induce Maxie somewhere away from a hospital. So many things can go wrong.

My pet peeve is that Maxie, whose had a heart transplant, is birthing all these babies.  I read a book years ago written by a woman who had one in her early twenties, and her doctor told her in no uncertain terms a pregnancy (ONE pregnancy) was a very, very bad idea.  But here's Maxie, having them on the side of the road like a pioneer woman. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Laura is mayor, Jordan is police commissioner, Nina is publisher of Crimson, Ava runs a gallery. Even the younger women in theory have jobs that should generate storylines, Maxie and Sasha with Deception starting up, Girl Reporter, Molly in the DA's office, but everything takes the back seat to babies. Even grandma Carly spent a year on a useless baby story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

At least Laura in her heydays wasn’t obsessed with or saddled with pregnant storylines. She had Lucky offscreen, and Lulu was because Genie was pregnant in teal life. But she still did other things. she wasn’t tuned into a brood mare like Maxie has. Even Anna, who had Robin-had a LIFE outside bebes.

But in the last decade and a half? Two?BABIEZZZZZ! MUST.HAVE.BABIEEEEZZZ!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My pet peeve is that Maxie, whose had a heart transplant, is birthing all these babies.  I read a book years ago written by a woman who had one in her early twenties, and her doctor told her in no uncertain terms a pregnancy (ONE pregnancy) was a very, very bad idea.  But here's Maxie, having them on the side of the road like a pioneer woman. 

I suspect TPTB like keeping Maxie pregnant so they don't have to deal with the fact that KS isn't a size 2.  (No offense to KS - I've been fond of her since Disney days.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

After that scene where Robin asks Robert if Sean’s files have proof that could bring Heinrik down, I now want Robin to help find an antidote to the toxin! She can do it offscreen since Kimberly only returns for short visits. Hey, she helped develop that drug that brought Laura out of her catatonic state! Even if they retconned it to be temporary because Genie was only returning for Luke and Laura’s 25th Wedding Anniversary.

She also worked on that drug that saved Jaysus’ life before she was “killed”.

Yeah, I still have a love affair with Robin.

I hope she comes back for the Nurses Ball just because.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

I SO wanted Lucky (JJ only) to show up and have a scene with his mother! Lucky was in Ireland last we saw him.  I'd be over the moon with one scene with Genie.  The last one was in 1999 I think.

Didn't they meet in 2015 during Luke's departure sl vvhen Jake vvas found alive vvith Helena?

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only positives were seeing Wee Robin, hearing Sharon’s voice, and Sean cracking up while reciting his wedding vows to “Elsie Mae”.

I really liked the end scene with Robin between her two parents, and Mac and Felicia, having a drink in memory of Sean. I don't think the 5 of them even got to have a moment together for JT and K.McC's last episode, when Mac married them in their house surrounded by Emma and guests. 

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I have mixed feelings about him. I think some of the resentment of him is about his becoming an 800-pound gorilla in daytime. Luke's stories in his last 20 years or so could be indulgent...

I do believe he really was one of the best actors to be primarily associated with daytime. Maybe because he was talented and highly skilled, he came to resent this "ghetto" he became trapped in.

His stories were indulgent, but Luke also in the last 20 years has crapped all over the relationship with Laura in conversations with several characters, and IRL Geary made it very clearly during interviews/quotes that he resented having L + L as his legacy instead of being remembered for just Luke. He wouldn't have had such a significant career if not for the excellent work he did with GF, and later with JJ when Luke and Laura returned as a married couple with a young son. Geary's resentment spilled over into Luke, which was a problem. I find his attitude gross. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

After that scene where Robin asks Robert if Sean’s files have proof that could bring Heinrik down, I now want Robin to help find an antidote to the toxin! She can do it offscreen since Kimberly only returns for short visits. Hey, she helped develop that drug that brought Laura out of her catatonic state! Even if they retconned it to be temporary because Genie was only returning for Luke and Laura’s 25th Wedding Anniversary.

She also worked on that drug that saved Jaysus’ life before she was “killed”.

Yeah, I still have a love affair with Robin.

I hope she comes back for the Nurses Ball just because.

Robin is a researcher, but I don't think she worked on projects with the "he could die in hours/days" pressure on her. I'm also skeptical of her returning for any story arc. I recall I read an interview where K. McC. said that GH asked her to come back for something, but the timing just couldn't be worked out because she has such a busy schedule (locations/travel included) between directing and devoting time to being at home with her family. I assume she has (good) stress on her between her directing career really becoming successful at the same time she has a young child. 

The one thing I don't like about her coming back for the Nurse's Ball is that she always connects with Sonny in a positive way.  I also still roll my eyes at the last time Robin went to Casa Corinthos, and Carly was pretend-friendly as Sonny and Robin had a warm conversation where he told her he wanted to meet little Noah. Other than special episodes like this, I don't think Robin will ever be in a GH scene where she's not being used to prop Sonny/Sonny and Carly/Jason in some way. 

ETA: I genuinely liked the Maxie-Bobbie scenes, because these actresses connect well and the history was acknowledged. Also, it's nice (shocking because it's so rare) that Bobbie is being used for something other than propping her horrible daughter/the Corinthos family.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

When I thought the ruse was a real caper, I was fuming at the way Anna kept letting Annie and others go off alone. So stupid! And Annie who did not know it was a ruse was even dumber wandering off alone. 

What was the point of Felicia actually striking Robert in the head if the whole thing was a ruse? WTF?! 

Tristan was hot then and he's still hot. I've been watching GH for over 40 years, and remember Sean and Tiffany but not their storylines. I loved how Robert laughed off that Sean had tried to kill him once or twice. And how Sean used to be a Mexican drug lord! "We all have our faults!"  

• Love 10

The number and length of clips shown was disappointing.  Perhaps they were trying to avoid paying other actors who weren't in today's episode?   A low budget sendoff.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The one thing I don't like about her coming back for the Nurse's Ball is that she always connects with Sonny in a positive way.  I also still roll my eyes at the last time Robin went to Casa Corinthos, and Carly was pretend-friendly as Sonny and Robin had a warm conversation where he told her he wanted to meet little Noah.

SJBrown always correctly played Carly as mean to Robin because of her insecurities.  LW just plays her as a nasty C U Next Tuesday.  I do like, though, that KMc now plays it as bored/humoring Carly, which just accentuates how pathetic Carly has become to still hold a grudge 25 years later.  

Also, I'll never tire of the fact that Jason swore to Robin in 1996 that he'd never sleep with Carly again and, say what you will about him, that's one promise he's never gone back on, which is just *chef's kiss.*

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

His stories were indulgent, but Luke also in the last 20 years has crapped all over the relationship with Laura in conversations with several characters, and IRL Geary made it very clearly during interviews/quotes that he resented having L + L as his legacy instead of being remembered for just Luke. He wouldn't have had such a significant career if not for the excellent work he did with GF, and later with JJ when Luke and Laura returned as a married couple with a young son. Geary's resentment spilled over into Luke, which was a problem. I find his attitude gross. 

I think that, too, when he left his career didn't take off the way he probably thought it would, while in the meantime, Genie did have successes -- she appeared on other soaps, she had roles in nighttime dramas and a miniseries. She was very visible: the "lifestyle" shows featured her almost weekly ( I know that could be good or bad, but she was still visible.) Geary had a lot of one-off roles, but he never got the amount of attention Genie did. IMHO, he remained resentful of that for years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I'll never tire of the fact that Jason swore to Robin in 1996 that he'd never sleep with Carly again and, say what you will about him, that's one promise he's never gone back on, which is just *chef's kiss.*

My favorite thing by far about Jason.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

Didn't they meet in 2015 during Luke's departure sl vvhen Jake vvas found alive vvith Helena?

Yes, JJ returned for TG's retirement/Luke's departure storyline. JJ's Lucky and GF's Laura hugged and spoke briefly. 

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

The number and length of clips shown was disappointing.  Perhaps they were trying to avoid paying other actors who weren't in today's episode?   A low budget sendoff.

That makes sense. Felicia recalled her and Frisco choosing Anna and Sean as Maxie's godparents, but no flashbacks to that time. The appropriate thing the Show should have done was paid JW to come back for this episode, with the first scene being Frisco, Felicia, Anna, Robert and possibly Mac at Sean's grave as Frisco thanks Sean for being a faithful, excellent WSB agent. Then the 5 of them have a short talk about the Peter situation, with Frisco saying he will do what he can, to do right by Maxie and her children.  That scene could easily end with everyone leaving the cemetery, at which point Anna asks Felicia to stay back so they could talk. 

Or if they didn't want to pay JW to show up, someone could have Frisco on speaker phone also, talking about Sean and apologizing that he's not there in person. 

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LW just plays her as a nasty C U Next Tuesday. 

This made me literally laugh out loud!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
On 5/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, ciarra said:

Cyrus never showed any interest in Sasha, other than using her as a human guinea pig for testing his drug.  He enjoyed stringing her along, but that was a power play, not because he wanted to get into her pants.

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to have sex with her though.  Most men don’t pass up on sex with women that look like she does.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless Show retconned the hell out of it again, and I need to watch, but not having clearance isn't the same as no longer working for the WSB. There are levels of clearances within agencies. So does Annie think Robert is still with the WSB?

Just based on the comments, I'm glad that I kept my expectations really low. I'm also disappointed that Kimberly (Robin) is made to look awful. Especially after she was teasing how great it was to wear make up again after a year and wear heels.

True.  Intel agencies heavily compartmentalize data.  And it isn’t all about levels of clearance.  Some information requires specific clearance for access.  The essence of ‘need to know’.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Did Lucas know Aunt Tiffany that well?

I think so - Sean and Tiffany raised him for a bit after Cheryl died and then they were still in town for a few years after custody went to Bobbie and Tony.  And Lucas mentioned Tiffany at least once in the recent Julian years.

I guess my feeling is, if they can remember Sean's lost-to-time son Connor and note he's there off-screen, why can't they do the same for Lucas?  It's not like I even needed him on-screen given the lack of connection to nuLucas, but it would have cost them nothing to say he was there.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Where Lucas should have been is with Maxie and Bobbie.

Oooh, Lucas taking Bobbie's place in this story, getting roped into this baby scheme by cousin Maxie and bestie Brook, would actually be a very soapy thing for him to be doing right now.

• Love 8

I would never known Caitlyn Reilly had never acted before. Viral videos & TikTok notwithstanding. She did a great job and even has the soap opera look. Whatever that is. LOL!!!! I think she’s more charisma and screen presence than the actress who plays Sasha. I think she is awful. Granted Caitlyn didn’t totally wow me over like Chloe Lanier did when she did her two day role of Patrica  Spencer before taking on the role of Nelle but she definitely has potential. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The incidence of pregnancy post heart transplant has increased significantly as the number of heart transplants to women of childbearing age has increased.   In the study I read of 91 women and 156 pregnancies 2/3 were successful.   Now, it is absolutely absurd that Maxie's heart/Maxie's meds aren't part of the discussion but Maxie theoretically could not only have a successful pregnancy she could have multiple.  

But I absolutely agree hear heart transplant history would absolutely be a part of every discussion.   

• Useful 4
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess my feeling is, if they can remember Sean's lost-to-time son Connor and note he's there off-screen, why can't they do the same for Lucas?  It's not like I even needed him on-screen given the lack of connection to nuLucas, but it would have cost them nothing to say he was there.

I thought the writers/FV had a problem with RC when he was playing Lucas. They recast the role, so I thought the nuLucas would be seen on screen more frequently.

But I think the writers just have a problem with the character. And I'm really not sure why that is. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

But I think the writers just have a problem with the character. And I'm really not sure why that is. 

I think laziness on the writers' part and Frank's cheapness are the main reasons we don't see any iteration of Lucas.

RC didn't want to be a contract player—not that I think we'd see more of Lucas anyway—and for whatever reason Frank took offense to that and we rarely see the character. We don't even hear much about him, and the mentions are free.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Suicidy said:

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to have sex with her though.  Most men don’t pass up on sex with women that look like she does.

But this is a soap and Cyrus has NEVER shown any hint of wanting to have sex with Sasha. He saw she had a drug problem and thought her the perfect guinea pig to take his man made drug. Which caused her to have a heart attack. And then he told Brando to kill her.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I would never known Caitlyn Reilly had never acted before. Viral videos & TikTok notwithstanding. She did a great job and even has the soap opera look. Whatever that is. LOL!!!! I think she’s more charisma and screen presence than the actress who plays Sasha. I think she is awful.

Totally agree. She has a natural ease in front of the camera and delivers lines without any sort of affect. I'd love to see her again if TIIC ever decide to do another GH:Espionage S/L (something that's long overdue). She's definitely better than the actors that play Willow and Sasha, which is likely the reason we probably won't be seeing her again anytime soon.😔

20 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
  13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I have mixed feelings about him. I think some of the resentment of him is about his becoming an 800-pound gorilla in daytime. Luke's stories in his last 20 years or so could be indulgent...

I do believe he really was one of the best actors to be primarily associated with daytime. Maybe because he was talented and highly skilled, he came to resent this "ghetto" he became trapped in.

Thanks to all my fellow posters for providing these insights. I inherited my love of GH from my mom, think it was her favorite soap. The Ice Princess and all those other action-adventure S/Ls were what drew me in during the late 80s and through most of the 90s. Luke was an action hero that didn't exist in daytime, and the additions of Robert and Sean were icing on the cake. Although Sean was always on the side of the angels, there were always shades of grey that made him seem more like a true super-spy than Robert or Anna. Plus, Sean was always much more eager to off the bad guys...

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think laziness on the writers' part and Frank's cheapness are the main reasons we don't see any iteration of Lucas.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - if Lucas was straight, as Carly and Sam's brother, he'd be much more of a major player.  He'd be Patrick, he'd be Griffin, he'd be the stud of the hospital canvas.

But maybe not.  Look what's happened to Lucky.  Look at how Serena and Annie have only been allowed on-screen because of real-life deaths.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again - if Lucas was straight, as Carly and Sam's brother, he'd be much more of a major player.  He'd be Patrick, he'd be Griffin, he'd be the stud of the hospital canvas.

The hospital gets so little attention that I think a straight Lucas wouldn't make much difference. It doesn't drive stories the way it used to.

Cyrus's drug stuff could have been a good story for the hospital, but that would take away attention from the riveting mob and college-waiting-list stories.

(Though I don't deny that the show does a terrible job with stories that don't involve heteronormal relationships. It does a terrible job with all relationships.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, tessaray said:

I suspect TPTB like keeping Maxie pregnant so they don't have to deal with the fact that KS isn't a size 2.  (No offense to KS - I've been fond of her since Disney days.)

I really don't understand how they make decisions about dressing Maxie, because she was allowed to dress/look much cuter - hair style included - when KSt. actually was pregnant IRL with her daughter (although oddly her face looks fuller now), which overlapped with the surrogacy storyline where baby Georgie was born. I recently watched a Nathan and Maxie/Dr. O scene when Maxie was pregnant with James (but KSt. was not pregnant) and she looked quite pretty in a pink top, and her hair looked lovely as well. 

Contrast that with now - her hair has no style/is multiple colors, and she is often dressed in ugly/drapey clothes. The best I can say about what she wears tends to be "oh, that color is pretty on her because it's not dark." 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucas and Carly did not grow up together as siblings, he is not Carly's biological sibling, his adoptive father and bio father are both deceased, his bio mother is also deceased, and he is gay. I think these are the reasons he is rarely used. He was useful for the "adults related to Carly's family are raising Carly's grandson" storyline, and he is useful for moments related to cousin Maxie's children or cousin Lulu has been attacked, or Jason's storyline adjacent (as ex-husband of Britt's bestie)  but that's it. Lucas, like his mother Bobbie, seems to be 98 % of the time useful as a prop for Carly and her first-born child.

32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The hospital gets so little attention that I think a straight Lucas wouldn't make much difference. It doesn't drive stories the way it used to.

This is a good point, too. Elizabeth is a nurse who is the granddaughter of Dr. Steve Hardy, and look how she has been used over the years!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for Laura’s and Monica’s shocked faces-I’m hand waving they didn’t know and whoever came upon them told them offscreen. It’s stupid because unless it was WSB agents, their scared faces make no sense if it was Mac or Robert or Anna who came upon them. 

I was more disturbed by the unnecessarily shattered glass. Those shards are hard to clean up! But I guess Sonny’s on-call barware sweeper has a little spare time these days.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, statsgirl said:

Even grandma Carly spent a year on a useless baby story.

Hotel owner Carly, which could also drive stories. At least that context would be more interesting than stories featuring Meddling in My Son’s Life Carly. Or Mob Boss Carly, which is where we’ve landed, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

True enough. But I think the show’s biggest problem with Lucas is they can’t think past him being gay. As in, every storyline must revolve around his love life so the show can say, Look, we’re inclusive! We have a gay couple! Apparently, he has no other value, because any opportunity for something more, like his perspective in losing baby Wiley, is dropped. (What little time he got in that story centered around his reaction to Brad’s betrayal, not his feelings as a father.) It makes no sense, because Lucas is a legacy character with ties to pretty much everybody else, so storyline opportunities should abound. 

Edited to add: He’s also in the age group that the show needs more of, making his absence doubly ridiculous. But I will bet money on him staying out of sight until there is a new gay character they can pair him with, because, see above.

Edited by 30 Helens
Had more thoughts.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I really don't understand how they make decisions about dressing Maxie, because she was allowed to dress/look much cuter - hair style included - when KSt. actually was pregnant IRL with her daughter (although oddly her face looks fuller now), which overlapped with the surrogacy storyline where baby Georgie was born.

My thoughts are that wardrobe has given up on Kirsten as a romantic lead and pretty much don't care how they dress her. As for the fuller face thing, for some reason I find that look really soothing. Kirsten and Brianna Keilar can pop-up on my TV screen anytime.

• Love 1

Lucas also doesn't prop the mob enough in his role as a doctor. Look at all the story time Brando is getting, bouncing between the two mob leaders.

I enjoyed the memorial episode for itself but also because it gave me a break from the current storylines.

The only two potential storylines that interest me are the possibility of Valentin and Brook Lynn, and the potential of prison reform from Nik. (Maybe he can bring in prison farms, they work very well to reduce recidivism.)

That's it, I'm tired of Nixon Fail, Millow, and everything Peter and Cyrus. I'd like Britt on the run but she's with Jason.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's it, I'm tired of Nixon Fail, Millow, and everything Peter and Cyrus. I'd like Britt on the run but she's with Jason.

Yikes - that's basically the entire show, isn't it? Outside of the adventures of Shawn and Alexis behind bars, that is. And whatever meandering S/L is going on with Curtis, Portia, and Police Commissioner Eyebrows, which usually ain't much.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2

There's Carly Corinthos: Lady Mob Boss.

Speaking of which, as another poster stated Sonny/Mike is going to have his hands full getting the business back when he returns to Port Chuckles. And Jason is finally going to have to choose a side. Wonder who he'll pick?

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Speaking of which, as another poster stated Sonny/Mike is going to have his hands full getting the business back when he returns to Port Chuckles. And Jason is finally going to have to choose a side. Wonder who he'll pick?

Sonny because Jason wouldn't want Carly involved. The only reason Carly has been able to play Godmother of Port Charles is because Jason is currently on the run from the law.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's Carly Corinthos: Lady Mob Boss.

I'd take endless Millow before that one.

Every Corinthos mob storyline starts with "Sonny/Carly/Jason/Michael/Joss wins" and they work backwards from there.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, IDFfm0870 said:

Thank you! I have no memory of this. I must find this right now.  

On 5/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I really liked the end scene with Robin between her two parents, and Mac and Felicia, having a drink in memory of Sean. I don't think the 5 of them even got to have a moment together for JT and K.McC's last episode, when Mac married them in their house surrounded by Emma and guests. 

Robin is a researcher, but I don't think she worked on projects with the "he could die in hours/days" pressure on her. I'm also skeptical of her returning for any story arc. I recall I read an interview where K. McC. said that GH asked her to come back for something, but the timing just couldn't be worked out because she has such a busy schedule (locations/travel included) between directing and devoting time to being at home with her family. I assume she has (good) stress on her between her directing career really becoming successful at the same time she has a young child. 

The one thing I don't like about her coming back for the Nurse's Ball is that she always connects with Sonny in a positive way.  I also still roll my eyes at the last time Robin went to Casa Corinthos, and Carly was pretend-friendly as Sonny and Robin had a warm conversation where he told her he wanted to meet little Noah. Other than special episodes like this, I don't think Robin will ever be in a GH scene where she's not being used to prop Sonny/Sonny and Carly/Jason in some way. 

ETA: I genuinely liked the Maxie-Bobbie scenes, because these actresses connect well and the history was acknowledged. Also, it's nice (shocking because it's so rare) that Bobbie is being used for something other than propping her horrible daughter/the Corinthos family.  

On 5/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, rur said:

I think that, too, when he left his career didn't take off the way he probably thought it would, while in the meantime, Genie did have successes -- she appeared on other soaps, she had roles in nighttime dramas and a miniseries. She was very visible: the "lifestyle" shows featured her almost weekly ( I know that could be good or bad, but she was still visible.) Geary had a lot of one-off roles, but he never got the amount of attention Genie did. IMHO, he remained resentful of that for years.

Genie said on Intimate Portrait (on YT) that she decided to leave the show (the first time a few months after the wedding) when a GH staffer or someone said that "Tony is the whole show".  Imagine how hurt she was.  I love both of them but something was very wrong when he got all the Emmy awards.  They were acting partners, a team.  They said it many times.  They both said way back when all they had to do was make eye contact and the scene would just take off.

• Love 8

They'll never go there, but I would take some sort of Carly as a mob boss story IF somehow it broke up the Sonny/Jason/Carly dynamic.

I mean I'd rather see them all gone, or at least MB.  But if one of the party could wind up despising the others- and for good- t would end their little cult faux bad ass "family" and open things up a bit.  Kind of like how Sonny and Carly got more tolerable when Michael hated them, JUST for the sheer fact that they were being rejected by someone close to them.  

• Love 6

I found the 2015 L&L and Lucky and remember why I didn't remember it.  I watched all of it back then but my heart couldn't jump for joy because that was the biggest mess of a story that I can remember.  When they brought back Frank Smith I was like yeah, ok.  Regurgitated Frank Smith would have been in his 90's if they had kept Frank at least 25 years older than Luke.  Trying to convince me that Luke accidentally killed his mother and smashed and killed his father, no way. Not important.  As for the mob, I liked the Zacchara's.  They were like real tv mobsters, mean and sexy. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Although Sean was always on the side of the angels, there were always shades of grey that made him seem more like a true super-spy than Robert or Anna. Plus, Sean was always much more eager to off the bad guys...

Not really. When he first joined, he was the "Bad Guy" who used to be Robert and Anna's handler? Director of WSB? Got all outraged when he learned that Anna had become a double agent and that Robert hid that fact.

I can't recall if he was pardoned or actually spent time in jail, but then he became the police commissioner. I think Robert is the ONLY one who didn't overtly commit any crimes and became the police commissioner. Anna with the treasonous past; Donely, good guy turned bad, turned good; Jordan with her faking evidence against Cyrus, yet claims only Taggart and the other dead members of her team did it.

Robert is the true Super Spy!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not really. When he first joined, he was the "Bad Guy" who used to be Robert and Anna's handler? Director of WSB? Got all outraged when he learned that Anna had become a double agent and that Robert hid that fact.

I can't recall if he was pardoned or actually spent time in jail, but then he became the police commissioner. I think Robert is the ONLY one who didn't overtly commit any crimes and became the police commissioner. Anna with the treasonous past; Donely, good guy turned bad, turned good; Jordan with her faking evidence against Cyrus, yet claims only Taggart and the other dead members of her team did it.

Robert is the true Super Spy!

But didn't Robert and Anna let someone else take the fall for her treason?  I swear I remember that the reason Sean was so angry was because he was responsible for someone else getting executed in her place.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What I recall abut Sean is that he actively encouraged Anna and Robert to, ah, dispose of Faison because Cesar had become so problematic in their lives. And I also remember him kind of parenthetically saying he would have "taken care" of some assassin (Slater, IIRC) if Robert hadn't regrettably done it first. Nothing wrong with a true Super Spy remembering that they have a "license to kill," IMO. Just look at how long it's taken Anna to realize that Peter has to be dealt with definitely and all the havoc he's caused that could have been prevented if she had acted sooner.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But didn't Robert and Anna let someone else take the fall for her treason?  I swear I remember that the reason Sean was so angry was because he was responsible for someone else getting executed in her place.

D’OH! You’re right. Okay, so Robert doesn’t have clean hands, either. But aside from his Pod! Period when he returned in 2006*, He’s the BEST COMMISH PC had.

*I will always love how he called Mooby a criminal thug to Robin’s face when he came back. Of course Frank had him walking back from that because Frank is such a coward abandon his coterie of “writers” suck.

9 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

What I recall abut Sean is that he actively encouraged Anna and Robert to, ah, dispose of Faison because Cesar had become so problematic in their lives. And I also remember him kind of parenthetically saying he would have "taken care" of some assassin (Slater, IIRC) if Robert hadn't regrettably done it first. Nothing wrong with a true Super Spy remembering that they have a "license to kill," IMO. Just look at how long it's taken Anna to realize that Peter has to be dealt with definitely and all the havoc he's caused that could have been prevented if she had acted sooner.

The real Anna disappeared about 4-5 years ago. I don’t know who this POD!ANNA! that’s been on the air for the past almost four years. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

The real Anna disappeared about 4-5 years ago. I don’t know who this POD!ANNA! that’s been on the air for the past almost four years. 

These days Anna spends more time crying than JJ's version of Lucky Spencer. So sad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

So I see Mo is dying his hair again. Maybe that means the Smike story is almost done and Sonny will return to PC. I’m not looking forward to that but at this point anything that gets rid of Nixon Falls works for me. 

Nina really is an idiot and deserves whatever Elijah does to her. Of course we know that Smike will come to her rescue and they’ll probably kiss. 🙄  maybe his magic sperm can cure her infertility. then we can have Carly rail at her for more than just keeping him away...

so Peter was thrown down the stairs. I had a brief glimmer of hope that it did some actual damage but the preview shows him up and about and talking ominously with the faux nurse. More’s the pity.

Edited by Sake614
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3