Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

What's with "Mike" and Nina visiting a town called Corinth? Was it founded by Sonny Corinthos's ancestors? Didn't ring a bell with even Nina? Why do I watch this show?

We should stop watching. Let's stop watching after everything gets fixed...lol.

Yah, Corinth is where Loving was and I just realized Nixon Falls must be a play on Agnes Nixon the co-creator. So maybe this wasn't Sonny's vanity but Mrs. Nixon's.  Seems like Nina's fantasy. She's really nuts-o. That glazed look in her eye is just sick now and in no way endearing like the writers want us to see it. This is not a wonderful "What if" storyline for a good Sonny ( Sonny is good), it's messy and fake, killing two character arches and for what? I mean I thought MB needed a vaca and so he goes away for some time usually.  This has gotten outta hand they've gone way too far. I tend to think Elijah in the end will be one of Sonny's men, or Cyrus's.  I just have feel this is a Corinthos Operation that has been mishandled in some way. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

No, he walked in on them starting to take their clothes off and kissing. He knows Michael and Willow had sex, but she told him that while she has feelings for Michael, she still had feelings for him, chose to go out with him, and willingly kissed him. Michael got jealous upon finding out that Willow and Chase kissed, which is why he was an ass to Chase.

Willow didn't leave Chase to be with Michael on Valentine's Day; they finished their dinner and then he drove her back to the Q property where she lives. She wanted to check in on Wiley, which is how she found Michael already home and that Sasha left.  Chase's family thinks they are "back together" because that's what he thinks since that is the impression he has from Willow. He couldn't know that hours or at most a day after Michael and Sasha decided they were definitely over, Michael and Willow decided to be together ... and the reason he couldn't know is because Willow didn't bother making a clean break with one guy before being "committed" to another. 

No, before the sickness he was all gooey acting like they were together and Willow had not given him much to think that. I'm talking back in the winter and they were diving with the PolarBears. Also, whenever he walked in on them, and I think they had just finished having sex and were still cuddled up and he walks in.  Either way he knew. Val.Day she used Wiley as an excuse but they had just finished having numerous conversations about her and Michael and it was uncomfortable, then she goes home, to Michael.  He and Sasha blew their stuff up and no matter the reason, it's just dead. I appreciate M and S talking it out and handling it. This guy with his little boy views on the world ( his parents relationship) is just so whinny with his "please love me Willow" that I think he could be a stalker down the road. You remember what Nel said about him and did to turn him out. Even now Willow doesn't act like she loves him and he's selfishly ignoring it for his own satisfactions. She's friendly to him but he's now "wanting to get her alone??" I mean what about Willow has said to him in any way that she wants to be intimate with him? Wait, I forget did they have sex when Finns daughter was there and around that time? Like when Nina, ugh, told Wiley about his mom? I can't remember if they had sex then, but Willow was just upset. In any case I would not feel like I was "with" Willow by her actions and he's taking it waaaay to far. I mean dude have a conversation with the woman and stop being all passively possessive. 

Is the Sasha actress pregnant IRL? She sort of looked like she was today and it explains why they wrote in this pointless pregnancy. Well, sort of explains it because they could have easily wrote around it but if she isn’t, it really makes no sense why they bothered with this non-story. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Is the Sasha actress pregnant IRL? She sort of looked like she was today and it explains why they wrote in this pointless pregnancy. Well, sort of explains it because they could have easily wrote around it but if she isn’t, it really makes no sense why they bothered with this non-story. 

No. Someone upthread was wondering the same thing and conducted some research and confirmed she isn't pregnant in real life.

• Useful 2
20 minutes ago, Scrapple said:

No, before the sickness he was all gooey acting like they were together and Willow had not given him much to think that. I'm talking back in the winter and they were diving with the PolarBears. Also, whenever he walked in on them, and I think they had just finished having sex and were still cuddled up and he walks in.  Either way he knew.

She's friendly to him but he's now "wanting to get her alone??" I mean what about Willow has said to him in any way that she wants to be intimate with him? Wait, I forget did they have sex when Finns daughter was there and around that time? Like when Nina, ugh, told Wiley about his mom? I can't remember if they had sex then, but Willow was just upset. I

In mid-November, when Chase walked in on them, they were upright but getting undressed and kissing. They were not under the drop clothes anymore. Chase left. Then came the news of Sasha's OD.  They all went to the hospital. Then Chase confessed the truth.

Yes, Willow did give him reason to hope. The Polar Bear Plunge was for New Year's. During the 12/7/20 episode, he specifically asked her to just tell him if she had moved on and there was no hope of them getting back together. She told him she still loved him, but had an attraction to Michael.  Since then, she has willingly met up alone with Chase on a few occasions. They kissed. When she was all upset about Wiley and Nina, she went to Chase and they hugged and held hands. She held his hand and was there for him when the Finn/Jackie sex and questionable paternity secret blew up. She volunteered to go with him to find out the test results.  She has not said to him "I want sex' but has most definitely given him the impression that they are more than friends, starting to rebuild their relationship. So of course Chase wants to spend some time alone with her.

It wasn't until Michael told Willow that he and Sasha had broken up for good, that Willow declared she didn't want to "lose what we have." Whatever that is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why is Laura suddenly so Goddamn dumb?! All she has to do is throw Cyrus a couple tiny bones and he will heel at her feet like a puppy. She could easily keep him contained while she sniffed around for evidence on him. Instead she enrages him every chance she gets and then looks aghast when he threatens her and her loved ones. Ugh! 

• Love 8

I just realized Jeff Kober isn't in the cast photos in the opening credits.

Nice that an incurable disease is the situation where Jason would consider his kids. His hit man lifestyle? Pfft.

Sonny can memorize the phone number for the Tan-O but he can't dial 911? Okay, Show.

4 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

All she has to do is throw Cyrus a couple tiny bones and he will heel at her feet like a puppy.

She was supposed to do that at the dinner at Windemere, and look how that turned out. Laura hates Cyrus too much to be able to fake it.

Sorry, Show, I am not buying that Mike is a kinder, gentler Sonny. Sell that crap somewhere else.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh yes. They had a hot affair going for awhile. And then, someone, I can't recall, got Tiffany to break them up, or something. But Tiffany and Sean then fell in love, and that's all she wrote.

It was Edward. He hinted that Sean had money and was attractive. Luckily, both Sean and Tiffany fell for each other, and I think that is one of the reasons why their wedding was held at the Q mansion.

• Love 2

Cyrus never showed any interest in Sasha, other than using her as a human guinea pig for testing his drug.  He enjoyed stringing her along, but that was a power play, not because he wanted to get into her pants.

• Love 6

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Cyrus were gay. In fact, they could use that as one of the reasons for problems with his parents  -- acting out after they failed to accept him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Scrapple said:

We should stop watching. Let's stop watching after everything gets fixed...lol.

Yah, Corinth is where Loving was and I just realized Nixon Falls must be a play on Agnes Nixon the co-creator. So maybe this wasn't Sonny's vanity but Mrs. Nixon's.  Seems like Nina's fantasy. She's really nuts-o. That glazed look in her eye is just sick now and in no way endearing like the writers want us to see it. This is not a wonderful "What if" storyline for a good Sonny ( Sonny is good), it's messy and fake, killing two character arches and for what? I mean I thought MB needed a vaca and so he goes away for some time usually.  This has gotten outta hand they've gone way too far. I tend to think Elijah in the end will be one of Sonny's men, or Cyrus's.  I just have feel this is a Corinthos Operation that has been mishandled in some way. 

The Nixon Falls in reference to Agnes Nixon went totally over my head. It.didn’t.even.occur.to.me. 

Also, Genie Francis missing gold button from her black jacket drove me crazy. It’s all I was focused on during all her scenes. Oh! I was the only who noticed it?! Never mind. Move along. I really need to take a break from the show. After, all the St. Carly scenes I wanted to bash my head against the wall. Although, I could look at Laura Wright’s hair all day. I can’t believe she hasn’t been asked to do a shampoo commercial. I know that’s very 70’s & 80’s but it is  beautiful. The last daytime star to get a gig like that was Hunter Tylo. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The last daytime star to get a gig like that was Hunter Tylo. 

Didn't Kelly Ripa have a Pantene gig? That was of course before her hair began to look like fried straw.

• LOL 2
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

Didn't Kelly Ripa have a Pantene gig? That was of course before her hair began to look like fried straw.

The only women I recall doing the Pantene ads are the aforementioned Hunter Tylo and Kelly LeBrock (of Weird Science fame). You know, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!"

Damn, I'm old.

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The only women I recall doing the Pantene ads are the aforementioned Hunter Tylo and Kelly LeBrock (of Weird Science fame). You know, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!"

Damn, I'm old.

It was right after she started on Regis. 

Kelly Ripa Pantene

• Useful 1

I remember Vanessa Marcil doing a shampoo commercial but don’t remember if it was Pantene.  She did - and does still - have great hair though.

I’m confused about the location of Nixon Falls.  Sonny gave the area code of 267, which is very common where I live in the Philadelphia area.  So he gets shot in Secaucus and gets washed down all the way to Philly?  Ugh I’m gonna try not to think too hard about this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Cyrus never showed any interest in Sasha, other than using her as a human guinea pig for testing his drug.  He enjoyed stringing her along, but that was a power play, not because he wanted to get into her pants.

Yeah, he hasn't given Sasha a second thought since he scolded Brando for NOT leaving her to die in an alley somewhere. Now, all of a sudden, everyone seems to think he thinks of Sasha as 'his.' 

Show, don't tell, GH. 

• Love 4
On 5/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, Artsda said:

Jason thinks you can just wave a Canadian passport at the hospital and its free health care? You still need a musical card.

This is soap opera Canada, which on GH has always been a lawless place.  There's no extradition treaty with the US and no attempt to stop US criminals from entering.  Soap Canada would never be so bureaucratic as to require a card and wouldn't have passport security for its documents!  

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m confused about the location of Nixon Falls.  Sonny gave the area code of 267, which is very common where I live in the Philadelphia area.  So he gets shot in Secaucus and gets washed down all the way to Philly?  

Everyone who hits the water winds up on the Pennsylvania side of the country.  Must be the currents. /sarcasm

10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Although, I could look at Laura Wright’s hair all day.

I really like how she wears it in her real life, re curly and natural. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

This is soap opera Canada, which on GH has always been a lawless place.  There's no extradition treaty with the US and no attempt to stop US criminals from entering.  Soap Canada would never be so bureaucratic as to require a card and wouldn't have passport security for its documents!  

Soap Canada sucks for allowing Jason Morgan come into Canada every time he needs to escape the law.

Also, Canadian Healthcare? Couldn't be bothered to come up with a name for the hospital or clinic, writers?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Everyone who hits the water winds up on the Pennsylvania side of the country.  Must be the currents. /sarcasm

Hilarious - Secaucus is on the eastern side of NJ, so he had to float out into the Atlantic, around Cape May and up the Delaware River.  Maybe it's a writer's joke after they got so much flack for the coast of Bolivia!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

This is soap opera Canada

Love that! Things are always very rustic in Soap Opera Canada, including on the other soaps. I remember Victor Newman parachuting out of a plane ostensibly to land in Ottawa🤣, which is the federal capitol. He ended up in a seedy bar on a river. It was full of lumberjacks.

And now we have Jason and Britt in a lighthouse!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

What a bitch Sam was today.  Dante should haul her in and have her parole revoked.  If she doesn’t give a shit about staying out of jail for her kids (her world, yeah ok), why should anyone else?  I begrudgingly have to admit she looked pretty today.

What has happened to Laura?  I never thought she was dumb but I’m reconsidering that lately. Why is she just so shocked that Cyrus has threatened her and her family?  You rejected him and he’s lashing out.  Why is this so difficult to understand??

Also, I’m confused about Britt and Huntington’s disease.  So she doesn’t have it, but does she have the marker for it?  Meaning there still is a chance she may get it in the future?  Or has she still not been tested for that?

Edited by mostlylurking
17 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Also, I’m confused about Britt and Huntington’s disease.  So she doesn’t have it, but does she have the marker for it?  Meaning there still is a chance she may get it in the future?  Or has she still not been tested for that?

If she gets tested and has the marker, I think she eventually develops it. Though this is soap medicine, so who knows what they'll do.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Love that! Things are always very rustic in Soap Opera Canada, including on the other soaps. I remember Victor Newman parachuting out of a plane ostensibly to land in Ottawa🤣, which is the federal capitol. He ended up in a seedy bar on a river. It was full of lumberjacks.

And now we have Jason and Britt in a lighthouse!

Soon it will be an igloo. I'll look forward to whomever waking up to penguins, baby seals and polar bears roaming around.

So this whole Cyrus business where everyone is telling him he's not worth spit and to take a hike, that they're not his friend and whatever, is the dude going to snap at some point? It just feels like they're building on this rejection.

I don't care about Carly.

I was watching Sam today and cursing SBu for coming back to the show. He ruined everything. They blew up a pairing that was working just fine to bring JaSam back. Spineless, screeching Sam came back with it. Then this couple was together, but kept apart by circumstances, then they decided to break them up, but really, the whole reason they did that was so that they could hitch Jason to Britt's wagon, and so that Jason can still be as white as the driven sun.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, seasons said:

Teaser for tomorrow - Monica has a stroke or heart attack?!? What's up with her in the chair looking in distress and dropping the glass that shatters on the floor?

Hope it's just a reaction to hearing about Sean.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Teaser for tomorrow - Monica has a stroke or heart attack?!? What's up with her in the chair looking in distress and dropping the glass that shatters on the floor?

Since she found out about Sean's death off screen, then I think someone she thought was dead just entered her solar or living room or whatever. 

• Love 2

Boring. Don't care about Sean. Or Alexis' co-ed prison counseling service. Hate that they are doing Sante. Thought I heard some of Sasha's accent peek through, but again, why are people intent on poking a murderous bear. She could have told Cyrus she was in a bad place, had a one night stand and didn't know who the father was ...without totally emasculating and enraging him. WTF kind of plan is this? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Is there a world record for sneering?  Because I think Carly may have broken it today.  Practically every last shot before commercial breaks was her making one of her bitchy faces.  Stuff of nightmares, that.

Coming in a close second in the bitch department was Sam.  Actually trying to hide behind her love (supposedly) for her kids.  Points to Dante for knowing she was lying...but those points get taken back for him blowing smoke up her snotty ass and telling her she's a great mom--to which the snit had the nerve to respond with "I guess you do have a heart."  Do fuck off, Sam.

The amount of 'don't care' I have for Sean cannot be measured.  And I'm rolling my eyes at his certainty he's going to crack the case of "who shot that person who's no longer around half a decade ago?'  Maybe he can enlist Spinelli to suddenly find tapes of the act. 

• Love 7

LOL at Dante rolling the flat tire into Sam's apartment. Very nice. And threatening to send her to jail? *chef's kiss* Another LOL at Sam paraphrasing Oscar Wilde. 

Shawn is awfully confident he'll get parole. And thank you, Alexis, for saying that while Shawn might not have shot Hayden, he did fire a gun illegally, and that's a crime.

I kind of enjoyed Sasha giving it to Cyrus. At least she's smart enough to realize her little rant wasn't going to protect her or Brando for long.

The show is so much better without any Nixon Falls crap.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

She could have told Cyrus she was in a bad place, had a one night stand and didn't know who the father was ...without totally emasculating and enraging him. WTF kind of plan is this? 

I was afraid that Cyrus would have really hurt her as she kept piling on him especially since he sent Brando away.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2021 at 5:51 PM, ffwbe said:

I thought the same thing. She look really pregnant today like B&B with Steffy. She went from finding out she's pregnant to 5 months looking in a week.

Sam should go to jail. Dante can arrest her anytime, she wants to put Jason over her family then let her pay the consequences.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Hilarious - Secaucus is on the eastern side of NJ, so he had to float out into the Atlantic, around Cape May and up the Delaware River.  Maybe it's a writer's joke after they got so much flack for the coast of Bolivia!

Just the thought of Sonny floating around Cape May, where I scattered my Mom's ashes, makes me sick*. Although if that did happen, I can say without a doubt my fiery red headed Irish Mother would have had some choice words for him, including something along the lines of "get your greasy mobster wannabe ass far away from Cape May and fuck off".

*yeah I know it's a soap opera but they've already ruined the Pine Barrons for me, Cape May is off limits whether it was mentioned in the show or not 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I know Cyrus is a murdering evil thug but the verbal abuse leveled at him by Laura and then Sasha made me queasy.  No human being deserves that and I didn't really like seeing either character act that way. Especially on a show that kisses Sonny's behind on a regular basis and made me sit through years of exploring his psyche re: Duke and child abuse and then bipolar disease. 

Editing to add: I don't know Sasha's background but I half expect the show to make Cyrus her father now that they've made it super clear they didn't have sex. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, ciarra said:

Micheal and Chase have better chemistry than Millow.   When Michael said Chase could stay with him, they both lit up.  Hoyay!

Same. I'm not the type to see slash fanfic possibilities with any two male characters who have a friendly relationship, but the Willow actress has less chemistry with either of them than they have with each other. I'd take wild, slamming-into-the-lockers man/man action any day over love among the drop cloths.  

"Poor Dante" is all I've got about him and Sam. Writing is clearly trying to make them happen, and it's so flat. I know we rag on Burton, but Britt/Jason is much better as the post-JaSam couplings go. All I'm seeing from Monaco is unmotivated bitchiness. 

The woman Alexis is helping with her parole reminds me a little of Cassandra the drug queenpin. I know it's not the same character. 

Shawn's return has been even duller than I dreaded. I never really wanted to see him again, but the way they wrote him out, I knew this day was coming.  

Nava are still cute.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

"Poor Dante" is all I've got about him and Sam. Writing is clearly trying to make them happen, and it's so flat. I know we rag on Burton, but Britt/Jason is much better as the post-JasSm couplings go. All I'm seeing from Monaco is unmotivated bitchiness. 

Same.  I felt like DZ was trying yesterday to convey antagonistic chemistry (where one minute a couple is fighting and the next thing you know, they're making out), but KeMo just came across as surly. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Dante rolling the flat tire into Sam's apartment. Very nice. And threatening to send her to jail? *chef's kiss*

I was disappointed he tore up the cheque.  Stupid deserves to pay for what she did, and her lack of remorse for damaging someone else's property was disgusting.   Dante hasn't been drawing a paycheck in over a year.  Money means nothing to these people until the storyline dictates (i.e. Liz's poverty). 

• Love 8
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Same.  I felt like DZ was trying yesterday to convey antagonistic chemistry (where one minute a couple is fighting and the next thing you know, they're making out), but KeMo just came across as surly. 

I thought the same.  She could have added something different here and there outside of "bitch" but it was just not hitting for me.  I don't think they are very good together in what I have viewed so far.   Not that it matters because the show is still moving forward with it or else they wouldn't be on together as much as they are.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I was disappointed he tore up the cheque.  Stupid deserves to pay for what she did, and her lack of remorse for damaging someone else's property was disgusting.

He should've donated it to a charity that helps children of incarcerated women and had a thank you note sent to Sam from them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8