Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

I don't watch anymore - I'm watching today's show for the veterans.  Can someone tell me if

Robin and Maxie are pregnant in real life? I googled but didn't find anything. Thanks.

No they are not. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well? No comments about today's tribute episode? Did we get lots of good, classic flashbacks at least?

People (like me) who have to wait until this evening to watch NEED Want to know!😜

I thought it was pretty abysmal, tbh. I don't really know what else to say. I think that for the time they had since John Reilley's passing, they could have done something much much much better than whatever was on screen today.

I thought his daughter was good and there were moments where she was getting emotional, which is completely normal, but the rest was just pretty bad.

But this is one opinion, obviously. I think they could have skipped the tribute and carried on with the regular episodes.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

thought his daughter was good and there were moments where she was getting emotional, which is completely normal, but the rest was just pretty bad.

So was that John R's daughter in RL? Is she an actor? She was better then some of the other's involved in the Scooby Do mystery.

• Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed the tribute except for the Peter of it. It reminded me of the time when the show was fun. Good Robin scenes, good moments of Felicia angry at Anna for failing to protect her goddaughter and even more failing to let Felicia protect her. I loved seeing the flashbacks from the fight in the air to Shaun and Tiffany's wedding. And an Aztec treasure mention! I feel like I was so young back then. So was KW.

When Annie wad talking about Shaun at the end, it felt like the actress was talking about JR in real like.

And Tiffany!!!! I am so impressed that the actress contributed even though it was over the phone.

For a hot minute I thought that they were setting up another caper with the old crew, and then I remembered that it didn't have Sonny or Peter in it and my hopes were dashed. 😢

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

That was...odd. I did think his daughter was really good. She's hilarious on TikTok so was impressive to see her do drama so well. And she looks like she could be Sean and Tiffany's daughter (no offense to her real mom)!

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But this is one opinion, obviously. I think they could have skipped the tribute and carried on with the regular episodes.

They could have had a few more flashbacks and and a less ridiculous plot. I'll give them props for hooking Annie into the WSB and giving her Sean's badge number, but the 10 Little Indians stuff was just too much for a one-off episode. But then, again, IMO, every well-known plot or character dynamic that GH has tried to appropriate over the years has always fallen flat. 

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For a hot minute I thought that they were setting up another caper with the old crew, and then I remembered that it didn't have Sonny or Peter in it and my hopes were dashed. 😢

I'll admit I had a similar thought when they had that tight shot of Annie hugging Robert. The seed's been sown, even though it may be a year or more before (or if) anything develops.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
(edited)

Surprisingly, I really liked it.  Yes, it was corny but it was a little mini caper like the ones they used to do back in the day.  I liked the flashbacks although I wish there had been more of them.  I loved the Tiffany actress got to participate in some capacity.  I googled and saw she had jaw surgery back in 2014, but nothing recent.  Has she had more surgeries and is that why she couldn’t/didn’t want to participate in person?  I had no idea she was going through such a serious health illness until I read a little about it here.

Robin looked awful, per usual.  I liked seeing all the vets together.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 9

I liked that they even put in a mention of BJ's heart in the scene with Maxie and Bobbie.

2 minutes ago, rur said:

I'll admit I had a similar though when they had that tight shot of Annie hugging Robert. The seed's been sown, even though it may be a year or more before (or if) anything develops.

I really hope so. Although it would probably require Frank V to be gone.

Those WSB stories were so much better than Nixon Fails or Peter.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, rur said:

They could have had a few more flashbacks and and a less ridiculous plot. I'll give them props for hooking Annie into the WSB and giving her Sean's badge number, but the 10 Little Indians stuff was just too much for a one-off episode. But then, again, IMO, every well-known plot or character dynamic that GH has tried to appropriate over the years has always fallen flat. 

My problem is that as a viewer I knew nothing about Annie. And apparently civilians swear oaths to the WSB to protect secret documents and you have Robert and Anna who aren't WSB anymore, but have clearance because reasons. The WSB is one hot mess. So these people who aren't really WSB are testing this girl to see if she can become WSB?

Sure, it was a nice touch to give her her father's badge number. But I thought there was a total disconnect between the story and myself as a viewer meeting this adult for the first time.

The Felicia and Anna scenes were really good. The phone conversations between Tiffany (who has not aged a day in her cell pics) and Laura and later Annie and her were not great. I could barely hear anything.

I thought the "kidnappings" were very amateur hour writing. Even more so than usual.

• Love 5

I loved the flashbacks, though there could have been more. They were all so young! And I was a kid when I was watching them and they were the adults, so now I just feel old. (And omg, I have watched this show for way too long.)

I have no memory of a son/step-son named Conor. Was he ever a character on the show? Did I block him out for some reason?

I liked the idea of Annie being in the episode, but it all kind of fell flat. If they were all in on this plan, then why did Laura and Monica look shocked right before they "disappeared"? And why do I care if Annie becomes a WSB agent? For the most part, the WSB has been "offscreen" for a really, really long time.

Can Maxie PLEASE just have this baby so we can move this story along? I liked the conversation between Bobbi and Maxie, and mentioning BJ's heart, but really, Bobbi can just call up some friends at GH and get the stuff she needs to induce Maxie's baby? Really? Does no one take inventory at GH?

Peter just needs to go. There have been villains on this show I have loved to hate, like Faison and Helena. They appear, cause massive problems, and then leave. And whenever they appeared I was excited because I knew all sorts of mayhem would occur. But Peter? I just roll my eyes with him. He's too cartoon-y. I miss Faison.

Rest in peace, John Reilly.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

My problem is that as a viewer I knew nothing about Annie. And apparently civilians swear oaths to the WSB to protect secret documents and you have Robert and Anna who aren't WSB anymore, but have clearance because reasons.

Annie started WSB training.  I guess she took the oath during that time.  She had only her final test to complete before become an agent which is what this was. Who was so insensitive as to give her her final test as she's burying her father?

There were no secret documents to see. It was just a test for Annie.  She wouldn't have known that Robert didn't have clearance any more.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She wouldn't have known that Robert didn't have clearance any more.

Unless Show retconned the hell out of it again, and I need to watch, but not having clearance isn't the same as no longer working for the WSB. There are levels of clearances within agencies. So does Annie think Robert is still with the WSB?

Just based on the comments, I'm glad that I kept my expectations really low. I'm also disappointed that Kimberly (Robin) is made to look awful. Especially after she was teasing how great it was to wear make up again after a year and wear heels.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm also disappointed that Kimberly (Robin) is made to look awful.

Honestly she was unrecognizable. I had no knowledge that she was going to be there so when I turned on the show and she was standing by Robert.... I can't even write who I thought it was 😞 

6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

God bless your Mum tveyeonyou 😂

Thank you PATSYANDEDDIE, my Mom and I would take Mother/Daughter trips to Cape May at least 4 times a year and we'd always go back to our room at 3pm so I could watch GH, she hated Sonny with heaping hunks of hot hate, as she would say. We hate-watched together, and our times together were absolutely fabulous 😉

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well? No comments about today's tribute episode? Did we get lots of good, classic flashbacks at least?

People (like me) who have to wait until this evening to watch NEED Want to know!😜

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I enjoyed the tribute except for the Peter of it. It reminded me of the time when the show was fun. Good Robin scenes, good moments of Felicia angry at Anna for failing to protect her goddaughter and even more failing to let Felicia protect her. I loved seeing the flashbacks from the fight in the air to Shaun and Tiffany's wedding. And an Aztec treasure mention! I feel like I was so young back then. So was KW.

When Annie wad talking about Shaun at the end, it felt like the actress was talking about JR in real like.

And Tiffany!!!! I am so impressed that the actress contributed even though it was over the phone.

I enjoyed the flashbacks a lot but wish there were more. They should have skipped the Scooby gang style WSB test and showed more flashbacks and there was no need for Peter at all.

I have to admit I did get teary eyed a few times and I was so happy Tiffany got to participate even if it was just by phone. 

For a minute there I thought the caper was going to end with a quick appearance by Luke, I was really glad I was wrong.

I remember watching Sean and Tiffany getting married and how Sean couldn't stop laughing when he had to say Tiffanys real name. 

I miss the show I used to love.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dare I hope that Robin has been told about Heinrik? By Robert if not that coward, Anna?

She knows, because she asked Robert if he thought there was something in Sean's files about him that would help bring him down.

• Love 1
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

She knows, because she asked Robert if he thought there was something in Sean's files about him that would help bring him down.

Oh if only Sri Rao was around to write GENERAL HOSPITAL: Scorpios Espionage Edition-starring Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! & Robin Scorpio-Drake.

And I also want a 🐎 

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Blackie said:
59 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm also disappointed that Kimberly (Robin) is made to look awful.

Honestly she was unrecognizable.

Hardly.  I wasn't crazy about the pantsuit she was in, but the show doesn't seem to know how to dress a lot of the actresses and especially the ones who are curvier.  The face was the same, though.

Liked the use of flashbacks, particularly Sean busting up saying his wedding vows and Tiffany looking like she wanted to kill him.  and loved that Sharon Wyatt got to be part of the episode, too. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I have no memory of a son/step-son named Conor. Was he ever a character on the show? 

You said the magic words that free me from my astral prison. Yes, he did. Good luck blocking that out.

I guess I'll watch today's show on Hulu.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I have very low standards for this show so any episode without Carly Jason or Sonny makes me happy.. plus they showed Tiffany and Sean's wedding when he lost it at her name 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, jsbt said:

You said the magic words that free me from my astral prison. Yes, he did. Good luck blocking that out.

I don't miss the cheesy singing by any cast member who wanted to launch a music career through GH, but I do miss the Outback set.

• Love 2
(edited)

That was horrible. Frank had FOUR MONTHS to craft a tribute episode that should have been much better than this crap.

The only positives were seeing Wee Robin, hearing Sharon’s voice, and Sean cracking up while reciting his wedding vows to “Elsie Mae”.

I know, it was all PLOT, but why Robert would agree to help the WSB that fired him, I will never understand. Then again, he probably did it for Sean. And not a single throw away line about why Frisco couldn’t be there?

This should have been CHOCK FULL of Flashbacks.🤬🤬🤬🤬 There should have been some with Laura and Tiffany!

Wow. The Bobbie I saw today reminded me of the one before she became a minion and mouthpiece for Mooby and the SheBeast.

Why do Frank and the show Hate Kimberly? That outfit did her NO FAVORS. And she needs to ditch the bangs.

Unpopular Opinion here: I wish Luke would have shown up.

If nothing else, I now know that article was sooo wrong about who would be on-No Kevin in sight. Not that I wanted him there.

FUCK YOU, FRANK VALENTINI & Your Talentless “writers”.

Should have gotten Sri Rao to write the tribute. He would have done it justice.

Bitter? Who, me?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, mostlylurking said:

What a bitch Sam was today.  Dante should haul her in and have her parole revoked.  If she doesn’t give a shit about staying out of jail for her kids (her world, yeah ok), why should anyone else?  

Yes. Totally agree.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:29 PM, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Dante rolling the flat tire into Sam's apartment. Very nice. And threatening to send her to jail? *chef's kiss* 

Shawn is awfully confident he'll get parole. And thank you, Alexis, for saying that while Shawn might not have shot Hayden, he did fire a gun illegally, and that's a crime.

I appreciate when Dante and Alexis can have great moments like this. 

6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He should've donated it to a charity that helps children of incarcerated women and had a thank you note sent to Sam from them. 

Brilliant!!!

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Felicia and Anna scenes were really good.

I find it hard to support Felicia's anger because while Anna is Maxie's godmother, Felicia is Maxie's mother.  A mother who voluntarily missed her only living child's almost- wedding, who has been away so close to the due date for her grandchild.  A mother who hasn't been in a scene with Maxie since before Maxie found out she was pregnant. Felicia now says she would have made "other arrangements" for (whomever it was) rather than miss the wedding/Maxie's trauma if Anna had told her what was going on.  Why wouldn't you make other arrangements regardless? Mac commented on the non-wedding day that Maxie was upset by the pic James drew for "mommy and daddy." Felicia should have known that Maxie deciding to marry her her late husband's brother would be an emotional time, and been there for her. 

I like seeing the (natural) glossy, dark hair on Robin/K. McC. I was not a fan of the times when Robin had the blond highlights ... I guess it was called ombre style at the time.

The Show was promoting nostalgia/guests for this episode, so I assumed that meant Sean/Tiff's daughter, and Robin, and Frisco.  The Show can bring Frisco back to propose to Felicia out of nowhere at a Nurse's Ball, but not when Maxie and her unborn child are in danger and simultaneously his career associate Sean dies? Frisco is currently head of the WSB and should give some sort of tribute.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I definitely would have rather had more clips than this fakatta plot, like most of you. 

Also, now they've tested Annie and she passed because she wouldn't open her father's safe, are they now going to say, "OK, but cut the shit -- we really do need the files that may be in there." Because they still do, for Chase.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I find it hard to support Felicia's anger because while Anna is Maxie's godmother, Felicia is Maxie's mother.  A mother who voluntarily missed her only living child's almost- wedding, who has been away so close to the due date for her grandchild.  A mother who hasn't been in a scene with Maxie since before Maxie found out she was pregnant. Felicia now says she would have made "other arrangements" for (whomever it was) rather than miss the wedding/Maxie's trauma if Anna had told her what was going on.  Why wouldn't you make other arrangements regardless? Mac commented on the non-wedding day that Maxie was upset by the pic James drew for "mommy and daddy." Felicia should have known that Maxie deciding to marry her her late husband's brother would be an emotional time, and been there for her. 

Honestly, I just find it hard to blame the characters for any of this. What would it have cost the show to have written Felicia in scenes at her daughter's wedding? They pulled her out today for this "tribute."

Maxie is at the end of her pregnancy and Felicia has been wholly absent. And so has Mac, if we're keeping score.

Chase has a life threatening illness because he's been poisoned, he almost died twice already, but his parents are nowhere to be seen.

They can give Carly a two week break so that we can have better "rounded" storylines with the characters who should be in them.

This type of writing is detrimental to the show, to the characters and the storylines. Maxie is having a baby with a sociopath. I'd think Felicia would be sleeping on her daughter's couch instead of being elsewhere.

Like none of this makes any sense. Including Anna being so weak and wimpy and pathetic and a crying mess for something like 2 years over Peter who wasn't even her son. She didn't just let him get close to Maxie, she also let him get close to her own grandchildren which is a cardinal sin.

• Love 8
(edited)

Frisco is where? Other than the wedding clip of Felicia and Sean no mention of him attending? They should have at least said something about his location.

Luke also? No mention.

They should have done a montage at least at end.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maxie is at the end of her pregnancy and Felicia has been wholly absent. And so has Mac, if we're keeping score.

Mac has not been absent. He had a scene with Maxie, Peter and Anna at the Nurse's Ball right after Maxie had the hot mic moment of discussing her pregnancy with Lulu.  When Maxie and Peter arrived on scene at the Floating Rib after the explosion, Mac was the one to tell them that Lulu went to the hospital because Dustin was injured. Mac was also with Maxie in the non- wedding scenes, and then was literally worrying over Maxie at her bedside, when she was in the hospital. 

There may be other scenes I'm not remembering....

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

I have to admit I did get teary eyed a few times and I was so happy Tiffany got to participate even if it was just by phone. 

For a minute there I thought the caper was going to end with a quick appearance by Luke, I was really glad I was wrong.

I remember watching Sean and Tiffany getting married and how Sean couldn't stop laughing when he had to say Tiffanys real name. 

I miss the show I used to love.

You said it.   I miss the show I used to live for.  I have a tiny scar on the palm of my hand from holding on tightly to the sharp corner of my coffee table while watching a Luke & Laura scene (her birthday 1980 when they slowly trying to get back together).  That's my L&L puncture wound.

(from the beginning until 2:40) https://youtu.be/61Ma1CRmIJw

5 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I loved the flashbacks, though there could have been more. They were all so young! And I was a kid when I was watching them and they were the adults, so now I just feel old. (And omg, I have watched this show for way too long.)

I have no memory of a son/step-son named Conor. Was he ever a character on the show? Did I block him out for some reason?

I liked the idea of Annie being in the episode, but it all kind of fell flat. If they were all in on this plan, then why did Laura and Monica look shocked right before they "disappeared"? And why do I care if Annie becomes a WSB agent? For the most part, the WSB has been "offscreen" for a really, really long time.

Can Maxie PLEASE just have this baby so we can move this story along? I liked the conversation between Bobbi and Maxie, and mentioning BJ's heart, but really, Bobbi can just call up some friends at GH and get the stuff she needs to induce Maxie's baby? Really? Does no one take inventory at GH?

Peter just needs to go. There have been villains on this show I have loved to hate, like Faison and Helena. They appear, cause massive problems, and then leave. And whenever they appeared I was excited because I knew all sorts of mayhem would occur. But Peter? I just roll my eyes with him. He's too cartoon-y. I miss Faison.

Rest in peace, John Reilly.

The Conor thing was weird.  It seemed like an opportunity to give a new guy a singing career (Jack Wagner/Wally Kurth/Ricky Martin.  Oh just bring back Shawn Cassidy as Dusty! LOL

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless Show retconned the hell out of it again, and I need to watch, but not having clearance isn't the same as no longer working for the WSB. There are levels of clearances within agencies. So does Annie think Robert is still with the WSB?

Just based on the comments, I'm glad that I kept my expectations really low. I'm also disappointed that Kimberly (Robin) is made to look awful. Especially after she was teasing how great it was to wear make up again after a year and wear heels.

My expectations have been low since Guza the Loser showed up.  What he did to that show made my blood boil.  

Is Robert still District Attorney? Did they give him an office or does he just wander around? Give that man a woman and have a romantic life.  

I SO wanted Lucky (JJ only) to show up and have a scene with his mother! Lucky was in Ireland last we saw him.  I'd be over the moon with one scene with Genie.  The last one was in 1999 I think.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Annie started WSB training.  I guess she took the oath during that time.  She had only her final test to complete before become an agent which is what this was. Who was so insensitive as to give her her final test as she's burying her father?

I am going to assume that would be the director of the WSB. Perhaps, you may have heard of him? Frisco Jones. Sang some cheesy, sappy songs in the 80s before he decided he wanted to become a cop/spy.

They mentioned Connor who originally came to town to find out about his biological father, El Patron who we later find out is Sean.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Also, now they've tested Annie and she passed because she wouldn't open her father's safe, are they now going to say, "OK, but cut the shit -- we really do need the files that may be in there." Because they still do, for Chase.

I wondered about this, too. Now that Annie is an agent, will she abandon her principles to help her friends?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wondered about this, too. Now that Annie is an agent, will she abandon her principles to help her friends?

But if the WSB is collecting Sean's paper, isn't it in Frisco's best interests to share that info with Robert and Anna to see if they could get a cure for Chase and maybe find a connection that will lead to proving Peter's guilt. Because he is Maxie's father, even if it is in name only for the past few decades.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unpopular Opinion here: I wish Luke would have shown up.

Thank you, friend. For the life of me, I'll never understand exactly what Geary did to generate such hate on these boards.

1 hour ago, TessHarding2 said:

You said it.   I miss the show I used to live for.  I have a tiny scar on the palm of my hand from holding on tightly to the sharp corner of my coffee table while watching a Luke & Laura scene (her birthday 1980 when they slowly trying to get back together).  That's my L&L puncture wound.

Back in those days I was one of those L&L fanatics that scheduled my college classes around GH.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I am going to assume that would be the director of the WSB. Perhaps, you may have heard of him? Frisco Jones. Sang some cheesy, sappy songs in the 80s before he decided he wanted to become a cop/spy.

Yep, sounds exactly like the kind of dick move Frisco would make.

So, is the Annie actress John's RL daughter?

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wow, that was a bad imitation of Clue

Connor was the (rather bland guy) who sang the first song for Deception.  "If you really need to get what you want, Deception."  I can remember this but cannot recall my grade two teacher's name.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 3

I thought the tribute was okay, definitely better than Sonny and Carly getting to enjoy a fun scavenger hunt after Gail died. #neverforget

So I guess this is Bobbie's new thing, providing medical care in legally and ethically murky situations?  Obviously, this is more forgivable than helping keep an sick, elderly woman hostage, but still.

And what would have been the harm, since TIffany was off-screen, that Lucas (who?) was also there off-screen tending to her.  Not I'm surprised given they never do anything with the family connections he has on-screen, but it's still so annoying when they miss connecting fairly obvious dots like this.

Previews...oh goodie, back to Carly being a smug B.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, DanaK said:

It cracks me up every time they bring out the joke that Monica owns the house and Alan gave it to her, though they seem to be really overusing the joke lately

I don't understand why Maxie didn't jump on Anna's offer to spirit her away from Peter. At least she wouldn't be working a plan alone and have to claim the baby was dead. She also should have told Anna about her own plan with Brooklyn and maybe they could have folded the two plans together. Of course, if she had taken Anna up on her offer, it would have left Brooklyn high and dry and maybe she didn't want to do that

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to have anything to do with the Nixon Falls storyline. I continue to fast forward through that as much as possible

It's too bad Sharon Wyatt won't be appearing as Tiffany, but apparently the actress had part of her jaw removed recently

That’s why Sharon Wyatt sounded so rough when they talked to Tiffany by phone today.  How horrible.  I hope things get better for her.  I just watched the episode where Luke and Mikkos battle it out for control of the weather machine on YouTube.  I forgot how beautiful she was.

Getting old sucks.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I liked that they even put in a mention of BJ's heart in the scene with Maxie and Bobbie.

I really hope so. Although it would probably require Frank V to be gone.

Those WSB stories were so much better than Nixon Fails or Peter.

Maybe ‘Mike’ in his new life will become WSB director.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Soon it will be an igloo. I'll look forward to whomever waking up to penguins, baby seals and polar bears roaming around.

If there are penguins, you know Morgan is not far behind!

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I honestly thought this was the start of an old school GH-style adventure, and I thought, what a great tribute to Sean Donnelly and the show’s legacy. Of course, that didn’t happen because these days, the show's idea of adventure is Sonny channeling Jason Bourne in Mayberry. Very disappointing.

Also weird, because as previously noted, why would Laura and Monica pretend to be shocked if they were in on the plan? Who were they acting for? And who was that sneaking up on them, the ghost of Sean? So many questions, so little sense.

I liked Annie. She should stick around. Although she should tell the WSB to stick that badge up their ass, because head games on the day of your father’s funeral is no way to say “welcome”. I didn’t realize elite intelligence agencies did hazing.

• Love 7

I didn’t mind this episode- I enjoy any episode that’s free of Sonny/Carly/Jason, and I love any day when I get to see Robin, Mac and Robert.  Sean and Tiffany happened before I started watching in the 90s, so those flashbacks were really fun to see.  Sean was so handsome and funny, the wedding scene almost made me pee my pants - Tiffany Elsie May glaring like she wanted to murder everyone in the room.

Also, soooo nice to get a break from Smike and Nina’s crusade to save the CUTE SMALL TOWNS of Southeast Pennsylvania 🤢 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

For the life of me, I'll never understand exactly what Geary did to generate such hate on these boards.

I was on the barge during Geary's farewell/retirement lap, so I'm probably not the best person to dig into the topic, but...

I have mixed feelings about him. I think some of the resentment of him is about his becoming an 800-pound gorilla in daytime. Luke's stories in his last 20 years or so could be indulgent...all that caper stuff with the disguises and accents. Producers catered to his whims on when he would work, what he would do, with whom he would be paired, because he was Daytime Legend Tony Geary.

I do believe he really was one of the best actors to be primarily associated with daytime. Maybe because he was talented and highly skilled, he came to resent this "ghetto" he became trapped in. Of course, when he wasn't doing soaps, he was ending up in things like a villain role in a direct-to-video action film co-starring Lorenzo Lamas. He didn't have a conventional leading man's good looks, and that passionate Luke Spencer fanbase failed even to carry over to a different character on the same soap, let alone completely unrelated projects. 

But I feel he lived up to the hype more than some other daytime lifers who have become legends in their own minds. "When he was good," etc. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed seeing the old gang come together for Sean and his portrayer John Reilly even if the caper was kind of lame and too short. What I don’t quite understand is why they were doing a memorial, including a full episode, for a character that hasn’t been on the show for a long time. I’m sure many viewers were confused as to who this guy was

Regarding Luke and Tony Geary, he was powerful and ate the show and held it to his whims, very likely long past when he should have, and it’s clear Maurice Bernard is the current guy doing the same. There are times it seems he’s bored and doesn’t want to be there. Plus, like Geary, he should have been successful outside soaps and wasn’t 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Mac has not been absent. He had a scene with Maxie, Peter and Anna at the Nurse's Ball right after Maxie had the hot mic moment of discussing her pregnancy with Lulu.  When Maxie and Peter arrived on scene at the Floating Rib after the explosion, Mac was the one to tell them that Lulu went to the hospital because Dustin was injured. Mac was also with Maxie in the non- wedding scenes, and then was literally worrying over Maxie at her bedside, when she was in the hospital. 

There may be other scenes I'm not remembering....

I'm talking about since the non wedding happened. I think he's had a total of 2-3 scenes with Maxie since then. We haven't seen them together since.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Getting old sucks.

As Billie Jean King said, "Getting older is not for sissies."

53 minutes ago, DanaK said:

What I don’t quite understand is why they were doing a memorial, including a full episode, for a character that hasn’t been on the show for a long time.

Sean was an integral part of the show starting in the mid-'80s. John Reilly earned a tribute, though I wish it hadn't been as lame as the one he was given.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Maybe because [Geary] was talented and highly skilled, he came to resent this "ghetto" he became trapped in.

TG was a victim of his own success, especially in those days, when the crossover between television and movies was so much less common.

• Love 3