Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

maybe his magic sperm can cure her infertility. then we can have Carly rail at her for more than just keeping him away...

so Peter was thrown down the stairs. I had a brief glimmer of hope that it did some actual damage but the preview shows him up and about and talking ominously with the faux nurse. More’s the pity.

1) PLEASE don't give TPTB at GH any ideas!!!

2) Probably a concussion at most. Since Brando was in the stairwell with Sasha, I thought it might be him. 

Sooo, Jason clearly wanted to kiss Britt and it looked like the feeling was mutual. Sam who?

Hey so-called Mob Boss Lady, you're not so good at this when your insurance policy gets kidnapped, and your guard is gone, that quick. 

KSt. does well with acting emotions and vulnerability. 

ETA: Did anyone else laugh at Willow's look of shock mixed with horror as she asks Sasha if she's pregnant, in the preview? I hate the way Michael and Willow are treating Chase, so I hope she thinks it's Michael's.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

So I see Mo is dying his hair again. Maybe that means the Smike story is almost done and Sonny will return to PC. I’m not looking forward to that but at this point anything that gets rid of Nixon Falls works for me. 

Nina really is an idiot and deserves whatever Elijah does to her. Of course we know that Smike will come to her rescue and they’ll probably kiss. 🙄  maybe his magic sperm can cure her infertility. then we can have Carly rail at her for more than just keeping him away...

so Peter was thrown down the stairs. I had a brief glimmer of hope that it did some actual damage but the preview shows him up and about and talking ominously with the faux nurse. More’s the pity.

Noticed the hair immediately. Jesus. Grown old gracefully, Mo. You're a guy. You can get away with it. And I'm all for ending this Nixon Falls, boring as shit storyline. I don't care about it. Nina is an idiot, Mike is a moron, and Elijah could kill them both and I'd cheer.

The only thing I wonder about is how is this supposed to make Nina look favorable? Keeping the fact that a man is still alive, while his children that think he's dead? Michael doesn't count in my sympathies. His actual father IS dead, as far as we know. Calling Sean Kanan.....

I'd rather Sonny was dead, actually.

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

The only thing I wonder about is how is this supposed to make Nina look favorable?

I don't get this, either. As soon as Carly finds out, the screeching will never end. Keeping the secret a day or two is no big deal, but it's been weeks. There's no way any Corinthii will ever forgive Nina. Even Jax will find it hard. 

I'm sure the writers never thought beyond Nina seeing Sonny that first time and wanting to stick it to Carly a bit. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get this, either. As soon as Carly finds out, the screeching will never end. Keeping the secret a day or two is no big deal, but it's been weeks. There's no way any Corinthii will ever forgive Nina. Even Jax will find it hard. 

Weeks? Try months. June is next week. Sonny has been dead since December. Nina showed up in Nixon Falls in March.

And Maxie still has not given birth (nor does she look like she will next week) despite finding out she was pregnant and then Peter finding out at the Nurses Ball last August nearly 11 months and counting for this pregnancy.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4

The tease of Peter falling down the steps and  dying is the show giving me the finger again. "I know what you want and I'm not going to give it to you."

Carly's smugness in the Gladys story is even more awful than usual. Gladys barely makes it to two-dimensional as a prop for Carly.

19 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

As for the mob, I liked the Zacchara's.  They were like real tv mobsters, mean and sexy. 

True that.

I've been watching the new L&O and the contrast between that show and this one is shocking.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Good lord.

Uh-oh, Brando and Sasha are planning a future together. That never bodes well in Port Charles.

What a dud episode.

Hopefully they'll just have them leave town together and run off to raise their baby elsewhere. Get rid of two pretty useless characters.

As, god is my witness I thought it was Brando who had been pushed/fell down the stairs. I come here and apparently I was wrong and it was Peter! They did a full face shot, too. How could I have gotten that wrong? Anyway, I’m curious how it all came about. Until tomorrow. 

• Love 3

Aw, Braising are getting a Liason club remix. Jason's going to ease Britt's troubles by helping her paint uh, examine the wind? Diagnose the wind? Consult on the wind?

In spite of myself, I do still find them sweet.   

I've been told so many times that Phyllis and Lenny are wonderful, good-hearted, salt-of-the-earth people that I'm wondering if they qualify as Mary Sues.

• Love 3
On 5/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, statsgirl said:

Laura is mayor, Jordan is police commissioner, Nina is publisher of Crimson, Ava runs a gallery. Even the younger women in theory have jobs that should generate storylines, Maxie and Sasha with Deception starting up, Girl Reporter, Molly in the DA's office, but everything takes the back seat to babies. Even grandma Carly spent a year on a useless baby story.

Put together like that it makes me realize how lacking in creativity the writers are.  Molly in the DAs office - she might actually prosecute Jaysus or Mooby.  Stolen art for Ava and the gallery.  

9 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Put together like that it makes me realize how lacking in creativity the writers are.  Molly in the DAs office - she might actually prosecute Jaysus or Mooby.  Stolen art for Ava and the gallery.  

No way will a first year A.D.A. be put in charge of such high profile cases. But this is FAKAKTA General Hospital, where conflict of interest, inexperience, etc., fly out the window.

1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

Molly in the DAs office - she might actually prosecute Jaysus or Mooby.

That could actually be interesting--too bad it'll never happen because rather than Molly reexamining how she views Sonny and Jason vs. the fact they're criminals, she'd just squawk about the injustice of it all and probably resign in protest. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That could actually be interesting--too bad it'll never happen because rather than Molly reexamining how she views Sonny and Jason vs. the fact they're criminals, she'd just squawk about the injustice of it all and probably resign in protest. 

Or worse, throw the case. Dante became the most useful member of the family because he was a cop. A believe twice Sonny went to Dante telling him to choose his family over his badge. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I continue to enjoy the chemistry between Sasha and Brando, even if I think that the drama of the story is very sloppy and contrived.  Also, is Sofia Mattson pregnant IRL?  They've been doing a lot of neck up close-ups and she's carrying around a huge purse.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought it was Brando who had been pushed/fell down the stairs.

Have a seat next to me.   I couldn't tell, either.  Similar clothes, similar scruff, similar? heights, although LWB towers over everyone. 

• Love 3

Wierdest and creepiest sentence I've heard on this show in a long time:

Cyrus to Brando:  Did you and Sasha sleep together to defy me, because you know I have a sweet spot for her

What the eff?  

1 hour ago, drtslim said:

Also, is Sofia Mattson pregnant IRL?

According to Mr Google, she isn't.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Cyrus to Brando:  Did you and Sasha sleep together to defy me, because you know I have a sweet spot for her

This is a total retcon. Sasha was right when she said to Cyrus the only reason he's now interested is because she's been with someone else. GROSS.

• Love 8

Ah Maxie, your plans keep getting foiled.  Too bad you aren't related to 22289 law enforcement/spies who could help you with that.  

So let me guess, old man Sonny will arrive in time to save Nina from Elijah and likely beat him up, even though Eli looks to be at least 10 years younger and packing 100% more muscle.  Sure.  

Brando honey, why was there even a second of hesitation when you turned the gun on Cyrus.  Unless he gave you an unloaded gun, he is forcing you to kill your mother so that he doesn't kill your baby and baby mama.  Shoot the piece of garbage, you won't be prosecuted for it.  

Jason and Britt, sitting in a tree.  K.I.S.S.I.N.G.  And not Covid kissing either.  I'm starting to feel cheated out of my NAva lovin'.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Cyrus is not the brightest bulb in the Christmas lights but I doubt that he's going to give Brando a loaded gun that can be turned on Cyrus himself.

Is it just me or is was everyone on the show extraordinarily stupid today?

Nina is carrying the documents that she stole from Elijah on her date with him?  (Mail them to Mike anonymously, girl.)

Peter thinks that he can just kidnap Maxie and no one is going to come after her? The daughter of the head of the WSB? Maxie's has no back-up for her incredibly lame plan.

Sasha was sure quick to let Willow know that Michael is't the father of her baby. Could Millow get any lamer and not-soapy?

KT is really knocking her scenes out of the park (except for the attraction to Jaysus as they reprise Robin and Jason). It would be a mistake to kill her off.

5 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Anyone going against Uncle Sonny and Jason is bound to lose but I really like the idea of something about Ava and the gallery.  Or even Molly going against bad landlords or something social justice.  Because the writers focus 80% on the mob storylines, or endless Peter, the stories are so limited and repetitive.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Jason and Britt, sitting in a tree.  K.I.S.S.I.N.G.  And not Covid kissing either.  I'm starting to feel cheated out of my NAva lovin'.  

Is vaccinated love scene the new covid kiss? I can’t think of any alliteration but the Pfizer Fu—

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cyrus is not the brightest bulb in the Christmas lights but I doubt that he's going to give Brando a loaded gun that can be turned on Cyrus himself.

Yes, but one can dream!!!  In my dream, he turns, puts on in between Cyrus' eyes,then heads to the hospital and does the same to Peter, before heading to Nixon Falls and putting everybody there out of their misery.  

32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Peter thinks that he can just kidnap Maxie and no one is going to come after her?

Well sure, it's not like her WSB running father, or her chief of police step father, or her WSB god mother and step uncle are doing anything to help her.  You have Frisco, Mac, Robert and Anna, none of whom can protect this woman and her unborn baby.  Some chippy nurse, hired by some idiot Faison wannabe, can just walk into her home, drug her and take her away.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 7

Ugh, I hate that I loved them but all the scenes today with Jason and Britt were really good.  This is definitely the type of situation where Jason/Steve shines - rescuer mode.  Now if he would just be his own person instead of Carly and Sonny’s lapdog...

You know I always thought Cynthia Watros was an ok actress but she’s really been hamming it up big time lately.  The wide doe eyes and the terrible poker face...I think this Nixon Falls story is so horrible it makes everyone involved a bad actor.

• Love 10

Carly's face when Spinelli had the audacity to ask if her wanting him there could wait. 

How dare, Spinelli, put anyone's needs and problems ahead of everything Carly?

I used to like Willow, now I just hate her. Actually, I wish Sasha and Michael had slept together and that the baby was theirs, just to see her face crack. Then Sasha can lose the baby, so you know, kill one bird with two stones.

I was hoping that Brando would turn around and shoot Cyrus, but I'm sure that gun has no bullets and that Cyrus is just testing Brando's loyalty. But Carly's team will be there in a nick of time to save everyone because Carly is a total boss.

So Britt's diagnosis is all about Jason's pearl of wisdom. I think that SBu and KT have chemistry, but I hate the pairing. Britt is a firecracker, and Jason is a cyborg. And women usually become wimpy and an extension of him. Their personality gets sucked into his void and we are left with apologist shells.

I'm not even gonna touch on the utter stupidity that is the Nixon Fails storyline. Who in the fuck breaks into someone's office, prints data, then goes on a date with the guy whose data they've stolen? Everyone has been operating on half a brain, except for Mike, of course. Because Sonny or Mike, well he can never lose. 

I'm done with all these storylines. Every single stinking one of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Did Brason kiss today? ABC cut away less than halfway thru the show as they seem to do whenever there's something I want to see. I don't know why I like them together because I can't stand Jason but SBu seems to almost act when he's with Britt. I guess I'll watch it tomorrow OnDemand after I watch Cruel Summer which is the only show on that's any good IMO.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason is a cyborg. And women usually become wimpy and an extension of him. Their personality gets sucked into his void and we are left with apologist shells.

Except for Robin. Robin didn't become an extension of Jaysus. She may still count him among her friends, but my girl went straight to AJ and told him about Baby Michael. With no apologies or regrets. And she left the toxicity of that relationship.

But their relationship, when they fell in love and were happy for a spell, will always hold a special place in my heart. Because it was only FOR ROBIN, that he left the MOB.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for Robin. Robin didn't become an extension of Jaysus. She may still count him among her friends, but my girl went straight to AJ and told him about Baby Michael. With no apologies or regrets. And she left the toxicity of that relationship.

I think that's mainly because Robin grew up on the show.

But she's a mob apologist, so yeah. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Is vaccinated love scene the new covid kiss? I can’t think of any alliteration but the Pfizer Fu—

I got it. Moderna Makeout. 

35 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Did Brason kiss today?

Yes, with more tomorrow. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

J&J PDA.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yes, with more tomorrow. 

Thank you. I never thought I'd ever care about Jason kissing someone but there's something about Britt that makes me ship those two together.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

...when was the last time Jason had an actual onscreen kiss?  I truly cannot remember.

Which makes me wonder if Steve Burton  just doesn't like kissing the actress who plays Sam?

Which seems weird, as KM was an actual Playboy Playmate back in 98.

• Useful 1
On 5/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, Sake614 said:

We lost about half of today's episode to a Special Report. In my fevered imagination Frisco took a moment from his busy schedule to toss Peter down the stairs. But that probably didn't happen, did it?  And while I'm not a fan of either, Britt and Jasus are kind of ok.

(edited)
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

...when was the last time Jason had an actual onscreen kiss?  I truly cannot remember.

Which makes me wonder if Steve Burton  just doesn't like kissing the actress who plays Sam?

They stopped kissing for COVID protocols so April of last year was really the last time most couples kissed on the show until Willow/Michael had a recent love scene.  Now those protocols have been lifted and it's back to normal.

I don't think KM liked kissing Sbu either and JaSam was horrible for the three years they were "put back together" with a mostly non reunion.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)

I recently watched the early 2009 gh burning down sl in 24 hours format (which also started with a mysterious flash forward) which I enjoyed a lot, so I do enjoy the current episode format. Esp. today's episode, as there was a lot going on, even if some developments were clunky at best, what with Noonoo carrying Elijah's documents in her purse, Maxie wheel chair & syringe.

Just yesterday I thought that either Sasha or Gladys will end up dead, and after Sasha's cute chat with Brando about the future, it will most definitely be her, maybe within the remaining 5 hours time frame. Even her chat with Pillow gave me a finite friendly feel.

Watching Nixon Fallala land is like a strange fairytale totally gone wrong. I don't need Princess Noonoo to kiss amnesiac frog Mike for him to become Prince mobster again while fairy godmother Phyllis is giving shitty advice to everybody who's not running away fast enough. Colton Shore's church community meetings and singing were a blast compared to this senseless badly written crap. Please let it end, seriously. Sorry for all the cursing.

So are the current scenes from before KT's covid break or after?

Edited by IDFfm0870
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Ugh, I hate that I loved them but all the scenes today with Jason and Britt were really good.  This is definitely the type of situation where Jason/Steve shines - rescuer mode.  Now if he would just be his own person instead of Carly and Sonny’s lapdog...

You know I always thought Cynthia Watros was an ok actress but she’s really been hamming it up big time lately.  The wide doe eyes and the terrible poker face...I think this Nixon Falls story is so horrible it makes everyone involved a bad actor.

She’s a much better actress unless she’s lost her mojo. The hamming part is so annoying. I don’t know if she’s attempting play dumb badly or this her really.......acting. Also, Nixon Falls is beyond annoying with people i don’t care about. I’d wish the Tanno would go Byo. I hear MB loves it because he’s playing something other than Sonny. I’m afraid this could go through the summer. Beecher’s Corner it ain’t. 

55 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

I recently watched the early 2009 gh burning down sl in 24 hours format (which also started with a mysterious flash forward) which I enjoyed a lot, so I do enjoy the current episode format. Esp. today's episode, as there was a lot going on, even if some developments were clunky at best, what with Noonoo carrying Elijah's documents in her purse, Maxie wheel chair & syringe.

Just yesterday I thought that either Sasha or Gladys will end up dead, and after Sasha's cute chat with Brando about the future, it will most definitely be her, maybe within the remaining 5 hours time frame. Even her chat with Pillow gave me a finite friendly feel.

Watching Nixon Fallala land is like a strange fairytale totally gone wrong. I don't need Princess Noonoo to kiss amnesiac frog Mike for him to become Prince mobster again while fairy godmother Phyllis is giving shitty advice to everybody who's not running away fast enough. Colton Shore's church community meetings and singing were a blast compared to this senseless badly written crap. Please let it end, seriously. Sorry for all the cursing.

So are the current scenes from before KT's covid break or after?

I can’t tell if they shot around KT or she’s gonna be off screen for a week soon. I don’t recall when the positive/negative test happen but I assumed she would be off screen and it would be obvious. So far she’s been on a lot and she’s on again tomorrow. 

• Love 1

What's with the flashback structure all of a sudden? It's dumb and doesn't add any suspense.

LOL at Elijah thinking the police will do a deep dive into Sonny's past. Like everyone else has, no doubt. And what sort of state police office will investigate an open hydrant? Isn't that something for the fire department to handle?

Another really stupid, boring episode.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's with the flashback structure all of a sudden? It's dumb and doesn't add any suspense.

It is like when Jerry came back to town and held the hostages at the Metrocourt. They used the flashback structure for about two weeks or so. But they also actually showed something different in the flashforwards. So far we keep seeing Peter falling down the stairs.

For all we know he bumps into RH's new character and trips himself because he looks so much like dead Franco.

• LOL 1

Goddamnit!  Sigh, I really liked the Britt/Jason scenes today.  He said all the right things, which are total Jason things, but they didn't sound condescending or like he was just reciting something from the phone book.  Ugh, I hate that I like them together. 

I can't even with this stupid Elijah, The Big Bad story.  Can we skip to the end where Sonny is the hero and gets his memory back?  Because I give up.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Wasn't there something a number of years ago about him not liking to kiss her because she was a smoker? 

Re: today's episode

I want to know what Maxie was injected with. I've never seen anything, especially something injected into an arm act that fast. 

I suspect something will happen with Smike soon. MB is ramping up his Mike characterization. He's standing with his legs further and further apart and he's shoving his hands deeper into his pockets. There's only so far he can go with that, so something's gonna have to break. (rme)(/sarcasm)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, rur said:
5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Wasn't there something a number of years ago about him not liking to kiss her because she was a smoker? 

That was Sarah Brown.

• Love 1

I hope Kelly Thiebaud is practicing good social media self-care because I'm sure she's about to have some crazers up in her feeds.

The kiss...was fine?  But did anyone else thinking the lighting of it was weird?  Our holy hitman's face was bathed in light while Britt's was almost completely in shadow.

Ok, maybe it’s my own fault for only half watching this POS while doing other things, but what happened in the stairwell?? Like many of you, I could not tell whether it was Peter or Brando on the stairs.  I thought probably Brando. But next episode and they’re both up and feeling fine. So are we still in flashbacks? Did I blink and miss something? More importantly, why do I care?

Now we have 3 women pregnant (or pretending to be) on what should be wildly divergent timelines. Yet, something tells me they will all give birth (or “birth”) at the exact same moment.  Will Sasha’s baby be involved in the round robin offspring switch? Will Maxie’s baby be revealed as a sea cow? (12-month gestation period)  Will there ever be a good reason for Spinelli to be involved?

Aw, Britt and Jason. You go, you crazy kids.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Why did Jason say (twice) that Britt was asymptomatic?  Are her hand tremors, which have been going on for months, not a symptom of Huntington's?

Prior to her Huntington’s test, the doctor diagnosed her tremors as being caused by something else. Sorry, I can’t remember what. But it wasn’t Huntington’s. That’s when she decided to go ahead and have the test, to see if this was something she still needed to dread.

• Useful 1

I looked it up, and Maxie was in the "I feel lightheaded" phase on May 21 of last year. That was the last week of completed episodes before the pandemic preemption.

The first week of new episodes after that (August) had her finding out she was pregnant and however far along.  

I think if it had been a normal year, this pregnancy wouldn't have felt so distended. What's going on now might have been in February. But they've included a bunch of calendar markers like Halloween, Election Day, Christmas, and Valentine's Day, so it's seemed comically drawn out. Given that she was several weeks along when she was feeling lightheaded, it's really more like a 14-month gestation. We're blowing past sea cows and into the realm of giraffes!

• LOL 11

How  can the actors in the Nixon falls story say their lines  with a straight face? One cop, no customers, handful of residents town. 

Why does Nina stay in that town? She has a life in Port Charles? Does Maurice Bernard really like this story? It never ends.

• Love 1