Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The satisfaction I got from seeing Sam's humiliated look when Jason told her her plan was shit and she needed to leave was *chef's kiss.*   Again claiming she's doing it for Danny, but she didn't go into 'ride or die' mode until she found out Britt was with him.  Have some self-respect, Sam. 

I noticed this too. After Sonnys funeral she seemed almost relieved she could just leave and not get sucked into the Jason and Carly drama with all their issues. Now that she knows Britt is involved she has done a complete reversal and Dante is now her enemy for some reason. I so wish her parole would get revoked. Jason rejecting her was a thing of beauty. He was also probably confused as to why she all of a sudden cares so much. 

I hate to admit this but I liked Jason and Britt arguing over the keys and the driving.  Ugh, these two. Just kiss already. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I noticed this too. After Sonnys funeral she seemed almost relieved she could just leave and not get sucked into the Jason and Carly drama with all their issues. Now that she knows Britt is involved she has done a complete reversal and Dante is now her enemy for some reason. I so wish her parole would get revoked. Jason rejecting her was a thing of beauty. He was also probably confused as to why she all of a sudden cares so much. 

I hate to admit this but I liked Jason and Britt arguing over the keys and the driving.  Ugh, these two. Just kiss already. 

They are setting up Sam and Dante to be a pairing and it seems they are now going with opposites attract: cop and con. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Hater said:

They are setting up Sam and Dante to be a pairing and it seems they are now going with opposites attract: cop and con. 

Sam already slept with (and had a still born baby with) Sonny and slept with Ric (Dante's Uncle). Another one?

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Sam already slept with (and had a still born baby with) Sonny and slept with Ric (Dante's Uncle). Another one?

Seems like it.  They are constantly being previewed together (never separated, much like Jason/Britt) in magazines and on other blogs.

• Love 2

If this Peterich story has a point, will the show please get a move on and make it? The non-wedding to Maxie was weeks ago and nothing has happened, except he added the attempted murder of Chase to his list of crimes committed. Anna, Valentin, etc., they all seem to be in agreement that Peter is violent, murderous, and dangerous, but there isn't a plan in place to protect Maxie and Baby Lou. Maxie is having to set up a scam with Brooklyn herself, while at the end stages of her neverending pregnancy. Maxie's parents and Mac are nowhere to be found and if they are at all concerned about their daughter/granddaughter we aren't seeing it. It's an odd choice, to say the least.

• Love 6

Dante would be an idiot to start up something with Sam after she 1) refused to cooperate in finding Jason when she said that she would and 2) let the air out of his tire so that she could find Jason first.

But then, he has those Corinthos/Olivia genes.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross that Lucy asked Sasha if she knew who the father of her baby was. It's no one's business but Sasha's! (And maybe the father's, depending.)

Even grosser that Lucy thinks that Sasha sleeps around so much that she might not know which of the men is the father of her baby.

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

. Maxie is having to set up a scam with Brooklyn herself, while at the end stages of her neverending pregnancy. Maxie's parents and Mac are nowhere to be found and if they are at all concerned about their daughter/granddaughter we aren't seeing it. It's an odd choice, to say the least.

Odder still when you think about how Felicia and Mac were involved in all sorts of capers back in the day. It's funny how this show consistently refuses to use the characters who most should be in a story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Odder still when you think about how Felicia and Mac were involved in all sorts of capers back in the day. It's funny how this show consistently refuses to use the characters who most should be in a story.

Maybe it's something about Felicia and Mac. They were glaringly nowhere to be found for 95% of the Kevin/Ryan story when Felicia was literally who Ryan was obsessed with back in the day.

I know KW and JJY are recurring but don't write a story where they actively need to be a part of it for everything to make sense and then don't use them. It's dumb and it's things like that that make stories not have the impact they should.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even grosser that Lucy thinks that Sasha sleeps around so much that she might not know which of the men is the father of her baby.

Maybe Lucy knows that she lives in a soap opera; and that's how these stories usually go.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Ava! I couldn't be more disappointed in you.  You were one of the few people who still treated Carly with the contempt that she deserves. Diane's tongue bath was nauseating enough.

Why doesn't Maxie hire Liz to be her private nurse? Liz's hours at GH  have been cut and I'm sure that she wouldn't mind taking Peter down.

Inducing would be stupid; it's healthier for the baby to let labour start when the baby is ready.

Why did Mike take the money from Elijah's office instead of hiding it somewhere on the premises? Now he can be charged with theft.

Nina is even stupider for leaving her fingerprints all over Elijah's computer.

• Love 6
On 5/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, perkie1968 said:

Allegedly, she was only going to drop him off in Canada and make sure he was safe before heading back.  so she could tell Danny and the other kid who's name she's forgotten that Daddy is safe and sound.  

I laugh at how in GH's planet, all you have to do to escape prosecution is get over the border to Canada.  

23 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sasha's pregnant? why?
Like. I'm not anti-pregnancy like a lot of people here are but we don't need a Sasha/Brando baby. like at all.  here like. what is this pregnancy going to do? Its not going to create drama. There's no love triangle. They aren't an epic romantic couple so it's not "yay! BABY!" like what is the point here?

Is there a WTD with Michael possible?  

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, been ages now, but maybe the whole deal with Lucky still rankles for both women.

Aw I miss Pillowena Maxie she should have been able to out smart Peter easily

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Inducing would be stupid; it's healthier for the baby to let labour start when the baby is ready.

Inducing is usually for when you're late by a week or so and they want to get the baby out safely.  Maxie's about 8990 months pregnant, so that makes sense!!!  Although it's really more to put another wrench in Maxie's plans.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Inducing is usually for when you're late by a week or so and they want to get the baby out safely.  Maxie's about 8990 months pregnant, so that makes sense!!!  Although it's really more to put another wrench in Maxie's plans.  

Dr Navarro probably looked at Maxie's chart and was freaked out that the baby celebrated her first birthday in the womb.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Does everyone in this town live 30 seconds from the hospital? Today it was Brooklyn who got there and back before Valentin finished his brief conversation with Ned and Mikey. 

So.... the plan was for Sonny to break into Elijah's office while she keeps him distracted, but he's just downloading a program onto Elijah's computer, so that Nina can then break in later and print out a bunch of his documents?! Why not just have Sonny get the documents?! I know the alarm went off and he had to change it up and make it look like a robbery, but why was the office left open after the police were there? How was Nina supposed to get in? And without Elijah catching her? It made no sense! She was smart to drop the earring though. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

but why was the office left open after the police were there? How was Nina supposed to get in?

SMike left the back door open/unlocked, and the cops of Nixon Falls are just as competent as the ones in Port Charles.  "Let's secure the scene."

What I'm wondering is why SMike doesn't use his money to get his rings back (was a gun one of his purchases?).  And why Phyllis is so intent on pushing an amnesiac, who clearly has a wedding band, on Nina.

I'd like to see Ava team up with Carly.  I think that would be interesting.

Willow isn't a nurse already?   What's taking so long?  Strange to see old-fashioned textbooks, I would have thought it would be all ebooks by now. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Does everyone in this town live 30 seconds from the hospital?

30 seconds from the hospital, 20 seconds from the docks. Nobody has to drive to get anywhere in PC... unless, of course, they are due for an accident. Talk about commuter-friendly!

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

30 seconds from the hospital, 20 seconds from the docks. Nobody has to drive to get anywhere in PC... unless, of course, they are due for an accident. Talk about commuter-friendly!

So..... thirty Helens agree?

Sorry, I’ve been waiting to do that since I saw the handle.  Well played.

• LOL 2

"Good evening, Ms. Gilmore. Small world." LOL. Cyrus, it's PC. You can run into everyone.

8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Why not just have Sonny get the documents?!

That whole business made no sense. Where did Sonny get that program that allowed Nina to get into the computer? He has no memory of Spinelli, and dialing 911 has historically been difficult for Sonny. Now he's a computer guy?

7 hours ago, ciarra said:

And why Phyllis is so intent on pushing an amnesiac, who clearly has a wedding band, on Nina.

It would be inappropriate even if he didn't have a wedding band, since he has amnesia.

I had to laugh at Diane's reaction to Carly wanting to update her will. That's a very normal thing to do, especially after the death of a spouse. 

Michael saying fathers having rights is a bit rich, considering what he did to Lucas and Brad. Only the bio dad matters, then? What about your own bio dad? Ugh, Michael sucks.

I loved Ava's dress, though it was a tad too big on MW.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Dr Navarro probably looked at Maxie's chart and was freaked out that the baby celebrated her first birthday in the womb.

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at that!!  Thank you for making my day!

16 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I laugh at how in GH's planet, all you have to do to escape prosecution is get over the border to Canada.  

Unfortunately it is incredibly easy to get in here right now.  Trudeau closed the border to everyone but essential travelers  because of the pandemic, yet people have gotten around that by flying into Buffalo, taking a taxi to the border and crossing on foot.  There was a whole thing on the news the other how a ton of people are coming in by foot, grabbing a cab and going home with no quarantine or isolating.  Which explains why were knee deep in the third wave.  But that's a whole nother rant!

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Willow isn't a nurse already?   What's taking so long?  Strange to see old-fashioned textbooks, I

She's probably only going to school part time since she has to spend all of her imporant time with the almighty Wylie and makiing googly eyes at dreamy MIchael.  There's only so many hours in the day.  

Also, no one uses textbooks anymore, it's all online but they had to show us the books so that we'd remember that she said she was going to nursing school a million years ago.  If we saw her with a laptop we would think she's pulling a Spinellin and was just using it to bang on the space bar.  

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Good evening, Ms. Gilmore. Small world." LOL. Cyrus, it's PC. You can run into everyone.

At this point, I think Cyrus has tracking devices on everyone since he's always running into whoever he needs to bother at that moment.  

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where did Sonny get that program that allowed Nina to get into the computer?

THIS.  I thought he was downloading a file and I refused to beleive that he had managed to hack into the computer.  So even dumber that he was uploading a program like he would even know how to do that.  Half the time Mo looks like Sonny doesn't understand how to use a cell phone.  

• Love 10

Catching up from this week, I'm stunned yet happy the writers remembered to address what we'd previously heard about Britt being negative for Huntington's.  I really didn't think they were going to.

And hey, Lucy!  She got to mention Serena, which is always nice, and I did enjoy her randomly guessing scandalous choices for Sasha's baby daddy.  On the flip side, Lucy assuring Sasha it's the 21st century seemed off when there was not even a hint of a nod that unwed, single, barely recovered from drug addiction Sasha might choose not to go forward with this pregnancy.  As is, why are supposed to care Sasha is pregnant?  Why is she even still here!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As is, why are supposed to care Sasha is pregnant?  Why is she even still here!

To give Gladys a reason for being? To get Brando in trouble with Cyrus? 

I had no idea that Sasha ever slept with Cyrus. Eww. Glad I wasn't watching when that was a thing.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy assuring Sasha it's the 21st century seemed off when there was not even a hint of a nod that unwed, single, barely recovered from drug addiction Sasha might choose not to go forward with this pregnancy. 

If Lucy were really forward-thinking, she wouldn't care who the father of the baby is. I get her curiosity—it's Lucy, after all—but she's obsessed with finding out the paternity, and it's creepy. MYOB, Coe.

It sounds as if Sasha hasn't thought about what she wants to do about the baby. We're due for a tock, Show....

1 minute ago, tessaray said:

I had no idea that Sasha ever slept with Cyrus. Eww. Glad I wasn't watching when that was a thing.

She didn't. That was Lucy and Gladys jumping to conclusions, because they saw Sasha and Cyrus talking, and that means chemistry, it seems. NOT.

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Lucy were really forward-thinking, she wouldn't care who the father of the baby is. I get her curiosity—it's Lucy, after all—but she's obsessed with finding out the paternity, and it's creepy. MYOB, Coe.

I am just wondering how Lucy didn't even suspect that Brando was the father especially after she spoke to him and then told Gladys how Brando saved Sasha's life. Lucy named every other single man that Britt has interacted with except the one man Britt has been hanging around with for months.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It sounds as if Sasha hasn't thought about what she wants to do about the baby. We're due for a tock, Show....

I dunno, everything she said - worrying about how being pregnant would affect work, saying she wasn't ready to deal with the father yet, calling the doctor she already has for morning sickness meds - made it sound like she's already made the decision.  Which, fine, but I would have appreciated hearing even a line that she thought through the options.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She didn't. That was Lucy and Gladys jumping to conclusions, because they saw Sasha and Cyrus talking, and that means chemistry, it seems. NOT.

That's a relief. 

Brando seems like a nice enough guy for a mob minion but this all feels like filler. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am just wondering how Lucy didn't even suspect that Brando was the father especially after she spoke to him and then told Gladys how Brando saved Britt's life. Lucy named every other single man that Britt has interacted with except the one man Britt has been hanging around with for months.

Not Britt. Sasha.

(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, dubbel zout said:

He's actually emoting a bit with Britt. And SBu seems energized, relatively speaking.

As is usually the case, I don't think the writers thought through what it would mean for Sam to prioritize the kids over Jason beyond giving her the moral high ground when she told Jason that's what she was doing. 

I'm fine with Sam being concerned about Jason—he is her son's father, and that does give her standing there—but when she goes racing off to find him or whatever, it's completely contradictory to her wanting to put her kids first. 

Yes, it seems that way.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:44 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The satisfaction I got from seeing Sam's humiliated look when Jason told her her plan was shit and she needed to leave was *chef's kiss.*   Again claiming she's doing it for Danny, but she didn't go into 'ride or die' mode until she found out Britt was with him.  Have some self-respect, Sam. 

Carly's like a vampire who got her first taste of blood--there's no going back.  As if she wasn't insufferable enough.  And I'm eyerolling at Jax trying to close the barn door when the horse galloped passed him over a decade ago.

Same here. I saw the jealous pout when she saw that Britt was with him. She's trying to give the impression she has self-respect, by telling him (with an angry edge to her voice, in front of Britt) that she's doing this for the kids). Yet her declaration about dropping Britt off (getting her away from Jason immediately) and their passports as a couple named "James" while she helps Jason escape to Canada would indicate otherwise. Sam liked her "ride or die" lifestyle with Jason;  the fantasy in her head of a family life with him was not compatible with reality. She also never considered that he could/would fall in love with someone else and they would only be (so-called) co-parents.

And of course, the Show will never let her admit that leaving Drew, the better version of Jason, was a mistake. 

The problem with Jax is he has always refused to see Carly as she really is: an addict (just not to drugs you put in your body). He has tried to blame/scapegoat Sonny for ....20 + years now? ... as a bad influence on her. He saw Carly's big flaw as being that she was in love with a dangerous criminal. Yet she was into that lifestyle before she ever married Sonny, when she was determined to be a family with Jason and baby Michael. Neither Sonny nor Jason was the true problem in the Jax-Carly marriage, it was always Carly's addiction to power/"status." He should have realized when she got back together with Sonny after tween Michael got shot in the head for being near Sonny, that she will always put her addiction ahead of her kids' safety.

I agree with you about the 'barn door'. Saying he doesn't want Josslyn to turn out like Carly, should have been said when she was a toddler, and he should have used evidence of his airplane crash to ensure that Josslyn never lived with Carly as long as she had any association with Sonny's world. 

22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ava! I couldn't be more disappointed in you.  You were one of the few people who still treated Carly with the contempt that she deserves.

I took it not as Ava now wanting to be friends with Carly, but more of a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Cyrus blackmailed her beloved brother Julian into bombing a restaurant; now Julian is dead and Nikolas's sister is in a coma. Cyrus then put pressure on Nikolas for a deal, came to Wyndemere and made a passive aggressive threat again Ava's young daughter, and later told their family that he is having Spencer watched.  All of his actions have harmed her family or pose an on-going threat to her marriage/family. I totally understand why she wants to take Cyrus down, and working with Carly is ... a way...to do that.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

she wants to take Cyrus down,

The Ava who first showed up onscreen years ago, who killed Connie in cold blood would already have killed Cyrus.  Heck, Sonny/Jason should have killed him five minutes after he showed up in town, trying to run drugs through their precious non drug/gummy bear territory.  

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The Ava who first showed up onscreen years ago, who killed Connie in cold blood would already have killed Cyrus.  

The Show appears to want more Mob drama, for Sonny's inevitable return.  The mothers of his two youngest children working together, when those mothers hate each other, creates much more drama than Ava quietly murdering him with a gunshot wound to the head when he's alone.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TVbitch said:

So.... the plan was for Sonny to break into Elijah's office while she keeps him distracted, but he's just downloading a program onto Elijah's computer, so that Nina can then break in later and print out a bunch of his documents?! Why not just have Sonny get the documents?!

I think SMike put a keylogger on the computer.  Elijah returned to the office when the police called and entered his login and password.   Nina was able to get the log in/password and print out the files.  It needed two trips, but I don't know why Nina had to help if SMike could just leave the back door unlocked.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, it seems that way.

Same here. I saw the jealous pout when she saw that Britt was with him. She's trying to give the impression she has self-respect, by telling him (with an angry edge to her voice, in front of Britt) that she's doing this for the kids). Yet her declaration about dropping Britt off (getting her away from Jason immediately) and their passports as a couple named "James" while she helps Jason escape to Canada would indicate otherwise. Sam liked her "ride or die" lifestyle with Jason;  the fantasy in her head of a family life with him was not compatible with reality. She also never considered that he could/would fall in love with someone else and they would only be (so-called) co-parents.

And of course, the Show will never let her admit that leaving Drew, the better version of Jason, was a mistake. 

The problem with Jax is he has always refused to see Carly as she really is: an addict (just not to drugs you put in your body). He has tried to blame/scapegoat Sonny for ....20 + years now? ... as a bad influence on her. He saw Carly's big flaw as being that she was in love with a dangerous criminal. Yet she was into that lifestyle before she ever married Sonny, when she was determined to be a family with Jason and baby Michael. Neither Sonny nor Jason was the true problem in the Jax-Carly marriage, it was always Carly's addiction to power/"status." He should have realized when she got back together with Sonny after tween Michael got shot in the head for being near Sonny, that she will always put her addiction ahead of her kids' safety.

I agree with you about the 'barn door'. Saying he doesn't want Josslyn to turn out like Carly, should have been said when she was a toddler, and he should have used evidence of his airplane crash to ensure that Josslyn never lived with Carly as long as she had any association with Sonny's world. 

I took it not as Ava now wanting to be friends with Carly, but more of a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Cyrus blackmailed her beloved brother Julian into bombing a restaurant; now Julian is dead and Nikolas's sister is in a coma. Cyrus then put pressure on Nikolas for a deal, came to Wyndemere and made a passive aggressive threat again Ava's young daughter, and later told their family that he is having Spencer watched.  All of his actions have harmed her family or pose an on-going threat to her marriage/family. I totally understand why she wants to take Cyrus down, and working with Carly is ... a way...to do that.

After Cyrus’ crack about Avery a few weeks ago, I’m surprised she just didn’t unilaterally decide to get rid of him, and take care of it through some old associates.  I’m quite sure that Ava still has access to professional killers.  That is, if she didn’t decide to set a trap for him and do it herself.

The look MW gave Cyrus when he said that seemed like some kind of foreshadowing.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The Ava who first showed up onscreen years ago, who killed Connie in cold blood would already have killed Cyrus.  Heck, Sonny/Jason should have killed him five minutes after he showed up in town, trying to run drugs through their precious non drug/gummy bear territory.  

Yeah that whole thing about having to dismantle his organization so his backers don’t send a replacement should have been put immediately once he had Julian set off that bomb.  They should have sent him back to his masters in pieces.

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think SMike put a keylogger on the computer.  Elijah returned to the office when the police called and entered his login and password.   Nina was able to get the log in/password and print out the files.  It needed two trips, but I don't know why Nina had to help if SMike could just leave the back door unlocked.

Like Mooby, especially with amnesia, would have any idea how to do that.  He probably has to call Brick or Spinelli just to figure out how to reboot his computer.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Like Moony, especially with amnesia, would have any idea how to do that.

He probably asked the woman who was in a coma for 25 years.

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I took it not as Ava now wanting to be friends with Carly, but more of a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.

That is how it should have been played.

Ava unironically telling Carly how brave&strong she is after Carly refused to disclose her plans, even saying there is no plan, should not have happened.  (I don't mind if Ava felt she had to say it but we the audience should have been shown that Ava was saying it so that Carly would trust her.) And as it was followed by Carly once again dissing Ava to Diane, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The mothers of his two youngest children working together, when those mothers hate each other, creates much more drama than Ava quietly murdering him with a gunshot wound to the head when he's alone.

And it gives Carly the upper hand. Ava successfully doing it alone would be going against the hierarchy of the show.

• Love 3

I think show is trying have me care about Sasha more since she’s pregnant. Um, I still don’t care for her. Let alone another baby storyline. I want Sasha, Michael & Willow to leave Port Charles yesterday. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I think show is trying have me care about Sasha more since she’s pregnant. Um, I still don’t care for her. Let alone another baby storyline. I want Sasha, Michael & Willow to leave Port Charles yesterday. 

Keep Sasha, if for no other reason than she’s extremely attractive.  Better writers could make her far more interesting.  In part by not doing things like writing a superfluous pregnancy storyline for her involving another boringly written character.

• Love 3

Sonny: When time is limited, do the important task first. You can fling files around and loot the cash box later, while your double-naught spy program is loading. It’s called multitasking! Also, many business owners count the money in their cash register, and might notice that it’s over by the same amount their other friend might report missing. Also, you look dumb in a black hoodie.

Nina: Ever heard of a thumb drive? Printing takes more time, and might leave a record if your mark keeps a print log. Also, don’t make phone calls while you’re in the middle of a stealthy caper. It slows you down, and is not a good example of multitasking. (PS to Sonny: Don’t say “get out of there” and “tell me about it later” then immediately ask a question about her progress. You’re not helping.) 

Elijah: Your password is literally your name followed by three dollar signs?? I... just can’t.

Oh, and by the way, Michael? Don’t talk about your wife’s “unforgettable kisses” in the context of her kissing your son. It’s icky and weird.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Sonny: When time is limited, do the important task first. You can fling files around and loot the cash box later, while your double-naught spy program is loading. It’s called multitasking! Also, many business owners count the money in their cash register, and might notice that it’s over by the same amount their other friend might report missing. Also, you look dumb in a black hoodie.

Nina: Ever heard of a thumb drive? Printing takes more time, and might leave a record if your mark keeps a print log. Also, don’t make phone calls while you’re in the middle of a stealthy caper. It slows you down, and is not a good example of multitasking. (PS to Sonny: Don’t say “get out of there” and “tell me about it later” then immediately ask a question about her progress. You’re not helping.) 

Elijah: Your password is literally your name followed by three dollar signs?? I... just can’t.

Oh, and by the way, Michael? Don’t talk about your wife’s “unforgettable kisses” in the context of her kissing your son. It’s icky and weird.

ALL of this.  But especially Elijah's stupid password.  Guy embezzled from his last company but he has a password that Nina could have cracked without the fancy whatever that Sonny did to the computer.  

16 hours ago, Suicidy said:

I think SMike put a keylogger on the computer.

I had no idea such a thing existed.  But I'm also not up on the IT/hacking devices young kids are using these days.  No way do I believe Sonny "Did I end that call on my cell phone, oh hell, I'll just th phone back in my pocket anyway while frowning like it has betrayed me" Corinthos would have any clue about such things.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I dunno, everything she said - worrying about how being pregnant would affect work, saying she wasn't ready to deal with the father yet, calling the doctor she already has for morning sickness meds - made it sound like she's already made the decision.  Which, fine, but I would have appreciated hearing even a line that she thought through the options.

I can see thinking about all of this and still not being sure what to do. If she has decided to keep the baby, I agree it would have been nice to know she has contemplated all the options.

I don't know why Brando is being saddled with a kid when he's such a nonentity on the show. As is Sasha, for that matter.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can see thinking about all of this and still not being sure what to do. If she has decided to keep the baby, I agree it would have been nice to know she has contemplated all the options.

I don't know why Brando is being saddled with a kid when he's such a nonentity on the show. As is Sasha, for that matter.

Johnny Wactor should be such a bigger (star) character but he’s not. I’m not sure why though. He’s great looking but in context he isn’t really related to any legacy character. Gladys is only on a few times a months (if that) and while amusing she isn’t likable. He’s sorta paired with Sasha who also isn’t related to anyone in Port Charles either. Maybe, the show should have him shirtless all the time. I think that’s how Cameron Matheson became so popular. LOL!!!

• LOL 1

The stupid of the break-in at Elijah’s office just hurts, and to what end? The writers have foreshadowed enough that Elijah is the big bad, so I guess for Amnesia!Mike to be the hero? I’m assuming this is some sort of vanity project for MB, but this has been going on for FOUR MONTHS.

Unless there’s some secret/retconned sex and a resultant WTD we don’t know about, we’re surely due for a tock on Sasha’s baby. The writers have tried (in my view unsuccessfully) for a while to give us a compelling reason to really get engaged with the Sasha character, and I don’t see a baby as it. 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, LexieLily said:

If this Peterich story has a point, will the show please get a move on and make it? The non-wedding to Maxie was weeks ago and nothing has happened, except he added the attempted murder of Chase to his list of crimes committed. Anna, Valentin, etc., they all seem to be in agreement that Peter is violent, murderous, and dangerous, but there isn't a plan in place to protect Maxie and Baby Lou. Maxie is having to set up a scam with Brooklyn herself, while at the end stages of her neverending pregnancy. Maxie's parents and Mac are nowhere to be found and if they are at all concerned about their daughter/granddaughter we aren't seeing it. It's an odd choice, to say the least.

That’s the problem with a show that has justified its main characters killing the “bad guys” for decades. Why are Peter and Cyrus still stinking up Port Charles?  

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

He’s great looking but in context he isn’t really related to any legacy character.

He's Sonny's cousin through Mike Corbin. It's not the closest connection, but he is a Corinthos of sorts. He's supposed to be a double agent, telling Sonny/Jason about what Cyrus is up to, but we haven't seen that happen in ages, regardless of where Sonny/Jason actually are.

19 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

this has been going on for FOUR MONTHS

Oof. It feels like four decades. What a dud of a story.

14 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Why are Peter and Cyrus still stinking up Port Charles?  

Frank/the writers like the actors personally too much to kill off their characters. Peter is a mustache-twirling joke, but at least he's doing something. Cyrus just oozes around town making dumb, vague threats. He killed a minion recently, but it wasn't someone we knew or cared about, so BFD.

• Love 5