Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Chloe chasing Maxie through the forest was hilarious. This is what I want in soaps: good, solid cheese.

I think she was trying to channel Jack Nicholson from the end of The Shining. And it sort of worked, in an SNL kind of way.

I want "Mike" never to be found.  And since Nina has never worked for me, she can stay with him and they can be a happy, country couple forever.  

I like that RoHo is back.  How this Doc Austin character plays out, I'll just have to wait and see. 

Burton and KT have crackling chemistry.  I too cheered when Jason went into the harbor, groaned when he came back and booed when Billy Miller ended up under the bus. So I'm giving Kelly T / Britt all the credit. Just cause I want to.

• Love 15

So whats the plan with Maxie and Brooklyn? Brooklyn pretends to have given birth and keeps maxies baby? The baby won't look anything like brooklyn. These switch babies plot are stupid. And won't someone  figure out how many trimesters these woman were?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I will say, I liked the atmospheric look of that last shot... Portia in that noir lighting, Cyrus, disheveled and wounded in the corner. It looked cool. 

It really did. I wonder if that was an accident, heh. The show doesn't usually look that good.

8 hours ago, Chanandler said:

I don’t know which explanation is worse: that Dante/Sam sucks so hard because the writers don’t intend it to be more than a placeholder between Lante and Jasam reunions so they’re not even trying, or they actually are trying and they’re just that garbage at their jobs.

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I can’t take Chase anymore. From him being a difficult and annoying patient to his mantra of Willow is my light and as long as she’s here I will SURVIVE. Enough!!!! Why are Chase, Willow & Michael being written as high schoolers? All three need to go. At this point I want him to die. 

Kimberly J. Brown can’t play bad. I don’t think it’s in her acting card. Good try though and I’m glad she got to be on a soap but no, a villain she ain’t. It would have been cool for her to have a scene with Carly or Nina but they are in totally different worlds. Heck! Nina isn’t even in Port Charles. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Sam should have been playing that in a flirtatious way.  Lighthearted or smiling, teasingly.  It is difficult to believe there is an attraction, which I suppose is what the show was going for. 

I think they switched gears after he showed her how to hit a ball because the tone of the scene somewhat changed after that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, driver18 said:

So maybe I'm crazy but it seems pretty clear that Peter is dead at the bottom of the stairs and a good ole whodunit is being put into place. We've got three hours left to go but Finn, Elizabeth, Anna, Brando, possibly Carly and Valentine will come back to the hospital. Heck, if Willow and/or Michael find out that Peter is behind what happened to Chase they could fall into accidentally pushing him down the stairs. I mean,  that makes Peter responsible for their torment, right? 😆 

Looking at the scrubs, body type and fair skin, I'm fairly certain that was Elizabeth checking on Peter in the beginning.

Oh, and it can never be said enough... shut up, Carly.

I could tell it was Elizabeth from her tiny converse sneakers running up the steps. Not only is Rebecca Herbst tiny so are her feet. She’s been in those sneakers and scrubs for years. She must love getting to be comfortable all day. She rolls out of bed in her pajamas and gets to go to work and wear scrubs all day. LOL!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Just zipped through this week and I couldn’t help but think the show was doing a Jason and Robin redux with Jason and Britt. Right down to the terminal illness. But really? Huntington’s is the “absolute worst, most painful” disease when it kills you?  I can think of a few others. AIDS comes to mind.

And SheBeast just PROVED how she just likes the Power of saying she’s in charge. That display of panicked “NO! DON’T” on Thursday had me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wonder if Jason’s first call will be to Britt, what with him promising her he’d come back to her.

Okay, I didn’t appreciate the passive aggressive muttering Liz was doing. How much self-flagellation does Anna have to do? Franco would also still be alive if he hadn’t taken it upon himself to kidnap Heinrik and not do a good enough job keeping him contained AND calling the cops.

I’ve never seen the actress who is playing fake Chloe, but lord, is she terrible. Right up there with Ramsay’s mustache twirling.

Nothing would please me more if the cops threw SheBeast into jail along with Jason.  But I can’t have nice things.

STFU SHEBEAST and Jordan too.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

How much self-flagellation does Anna have to do?

More than she's done so far. Saying she can't change the past isn't going to get Peter out of everyone's life. She needs to come up with a plan that will actually work, and then follow through. I'm tired of watching her fink out at the end because he's still able to play on her guilt. Ugh.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, lala2 said:

I like that Anna didn't give Liz an apology. What can she say at this point? She tried to have faith in her "son," and she made the wrong bet. People are going to understand and forgive her or they aren't. There's not much more she can do.  

Elizabeth deserves an apology, and Anna knows that. Expressing genuine remorse for the fact that her son Jake lost his beloved uncle and stepfather/their entire family lost Franco, is entirely appropriate. Anna didn't need to try to "justify" her actions at this point - just offer a heartfelt apology. Elizabeth isn't some woman Anna barely knows; she is Robin's long-time friend and little Violet's aunt.

22 hours ago, Blackie said:

Maxie's face waiting for the 20 lb newborn to breathe was ..... nothing. (again I direct you back to the video of a real mom waiting for the baby to breathe).

I wonder if that was just bad directing. KSt. is a real mom, of a 7-year-old daughter (her pregnancy overlapped with the surrogacy/baby Connie-baby Georgie storyline).

21 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Fuck you Carly. 

This should be said at least once a week.

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Tell Chase about your inexplicable lurve and save us all.

This is an excellent description of the forced, chemistry-less pairing.

18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I had two babies and not one was born in the woods. Give us a freaking break!!!

You mean you've never given birth at the bottom of a ravine, through your pants, and contracted cat poo disease?!  You need to ask Sam all about it!! She makes her friend Maxie look like an amateur.

18 hours ago, driver18 said:

So maybe I'm crazy but it seems pretty clear that Peter is dead at the bottom of the stairs

Oh, and it can never be said enough... shut up, Carly.

A) Seems highly doubtful; the actor is still LWB as far as we know and the angst would be over for Maxie.  The drama for her and her baby can't be done yet.  I don't doubt that a head injury with that much blood can be serious though. I anticipate he'll be in the hospital, possibly a coma, and there will be an investigation. I actually think this plan will seriously backfire on Maxie and BL (i.e. Peter hears their baby "died." goes crazy, and because he blames Valentin for Maxie turning on him, he kidnaps baby Lou).

B) Seriously. Jason should be saying it constantly. In the span of a week? two weeks? he has been stabbed, shot and almost bled to death, and now arrested after saving Spinelli, all because Carly believes she knows what she's doing and is a good lady Mob Boss.  She's so. very. delusional.

My two speculations: 

Shawn is insisting to Alexis he didn't shoot Hayden and wants to prove it, then Elizabeth is reminding Finn that she watched him save her sister Hayden when she was critically ill. I think that means Hayden is coming back in a few weeks or months.  

Monica mentions Quartermaine family freeloaders to Michael and specifically names Jimmy Lee Holt, and now a quirky doctor appears to deliver Maxie's baby not that far from Port Charles.  Could the new Roger Howarth  character be Holt's son?   Is it possible to retcon that Heather Webber *also* had a relationship/ONS with Jimmy Lee Holt? I expect that someone may say he kinda resembles the late Franco .

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

No, but it's the first time I can ever recall him saying he never stopped to question whether something was right, or flat out said he's not proud that he has skills with a gun. It makes me wonder if the writers have thoughts about Jason being more than "Stone Cold."

I'm pretty sure he's expressed something similar before and IMO it doesn't really matter if he's not going to do anything about and is just going to go right on killing. After how many decades of the same old writing for Jason, I doubt they're changing it up now just for this romance with Britt, especially when SBu is the laziest actor ever. Sure, every once and awhile he'll spark to something and show up for work, but it never lasts.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, lala2 said:

I like that Anna didn't give Liz an apology. What can she say at this point? She tried to have faith in her "son," and she made the wrong bet. People are going to understand and forgive her or they aren't. There's not much more she can do.  

I think when you wrong someone, it's only right to offer up an apology, whether you know that person's going to accept it or not. I'm not saying Anna needs to self-flagellate forever or offer up apologies repeatedly to the same people, but one apology won't kill her. 

17 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'll believe those two are over when they've been done five years or more, but it is a sight to see and I'm happy for it, even if I still hate Britt.

Yeah, I'd like to believe this is a permanent end to JaSam, but it's doubtful. I also still dislike Britt, not as much as I used to, but this romance with Jason doesn't help.

A) Seems highly doubtful; the actor is still LWB as far as we know and the angst would be over for Maxie.  The drama for her and her baby can't be done yet.  I don't doubt that a head injury with that much blood can be serious though. I anticipate he'll be in the hospital, possibly a coma, and there will be an investigation. I actually think this plan will seriously backfire on Maxie and BL (i.e. Peter hears their baby "died." goes crazy, and because he blames Valentin for Maxie turning on him, he kidnaps baby Lou).

I'm still not sure why people are so certain that WR can't be fired because he's dating LW. Valenti has no loyalty to any actor. When it comes to GH all he really cares about is keeping to the budget. Yeah, LW's Carly is currently the leading lady but it doesn't mean he's going to cater to her when he could just direct the show to make someone else the leading lady or recast Carly again. And that's only if LW was diva enough to demand the show keep her boyfriend employed forever.

54 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Monica mentions Quartermaine family freeloaders to Michael and specifically names Jimmy Lee Holt, and now a quirky doctor appears to deliver Maxie's baby not that far from Port Charles.  Could the new Roger Howarth  character be Holt's son?   Is it possible to retcon that Heather Webber *also* had a relationship/ONS with Jimmy Lee Holt? I expect that someone may say he kinda resembles the late Franco .

I've been on the RoHo as Jimmy Lee's son since even before he left again in my own made up fix GH stories. When Monica made that comment, I was like yes!!! Even commented on it here. Someone mentioned on another board that apparently Jimmy Lee is from and/or settled down in the area where Maxie is supposedly at, so... .

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

More than she's done so far. Saying she can't change the past isn't going to get Peter out of everyone's life. She needs to come up with a plan that will actually work, and then follow through. I'm tired of watching her fink out at the end because he's still able to play on her guilt. Ugh.

Oh absolutely. Sorry my comment should have been more clear. She needs to actually follow through with the half assed flagellation. Like, oh, I don’t know, kill Heinrik dead. It’s been proven he’s a weenie when confronted with the thought of being tortured or killed when the that person shows no fear. And she didn’t raise this motherfucker, AND he’s not her spawn after all. So this and me not caring for Elizabeth’s passive aggressiveness needn’t be contradictory.

53 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:
20 hours ago, driver18 said:

A) Seems highly doubtful; the actor is still LWB as far as we know and the angst would be over for Maxie.

Plus, head wounds are known to bleed profusely and it doesn’t mean the person bleeding is in danger of being really hurt. And in Heinrik’s case, not believing until I see it like it was for Franco.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder if Jason’s first call will be to Britt, what with him promising her he’d come back to her.

Okay, I didn’t appreciate the passive aggressive muttering Liz was doing. How much self-flagellation does Anna have to do? Franco would also still be alive if he hadn’t taken it upon himself to kidnap Heinrik and not do a good enough job keeping him contained AND calling the cops.

I

That'd be nice, since Jason said he'd go back for her.  And Cyrus is still out there, so he should warn Britt. 

Soap characters blame others for convincing them.  Maxie, Liz, etc., all adults who could make up their own minds about Peter no matter what Anna said.  

Someone has been watching "Call the Midwife."  That show has several scenes of the midwife massaging the not-crying baby and the tension until the baby cries.  

Portia complaining that divorcing Marcus does not mean she won't come across any violence again - lol.  Move out of Port Charles.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Portia complaining that divorcing Marcus does not mean she won't come across any violence again - lol.  Move out of Port Charles. 

Plus, she often seems to handle cases that come into the ER, and many of those are due to violence. Get out of GH, Portia!

Edited by dubbel zout
belated typo
On 5/28/2021 at 5:29 PM, VioletMarx said:

it can't be said enough. even if there was no shooting, jason is still AN ESCAPED FUGITIVE.

will he send carly to fetch britt or will she sit by the cabin fire for the rest of the year?

it made no sense for her to enter the house. i expected her to at least call out to her daughter as fearing that the blood was trina's would be the only reason she wouldn't have run right out.

Carly would never fetch Britt, especially if she realizes Jason and Britt were sitting in a tree, KISSING.

I'm wondering if Britt will go back to Port Charles on her own if Jason doesn't contact her in a few days. Then, when she finds out Jason got arrested again because of Carly I hope she at least smacks her across her wannabe Mobette face. Hard.

I still can't believe I'm shipping Jason with anyone, but Britt has become magic in my eyes. Hell, Brason is basically the reason I came out of lurk mode.

And as much as I despise Sonny, I wouldn't hate it if he came back to PC with Nina and his memory and kicks Carly to the curb for fucking everything up.

I like Cyrus way more without that damn ponytail.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm still not sure why people are so certain that WR can't be fired because he's dating LW. Valenti has no loyalty to any actor. When it comes to GH all he really cares about is keeping to the budget. Yeah, LW's Carly is currently the leading lady but it doesn't mean he's going to cater to her when he could just direct the show to make someone else the leading lady or recast Carly again. And that's only if LW was diva enough to demand the show keep her boyfriend employed forever.

If that's what's really going on BTS, how emasculating is that for WR ? Can he really not find another job somewhere else ? With so many streaming networks now, it seems like there's a new series/movie released every other day. It really is long past time to get rid of Peter. I actually kind of liked him in the beginning when he and Maxie were slowly becoming friends right after Nathan died, but he really is not good as a threatening villan or even a grey hat. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Soap characters blame others for convincing them.  Maxie, Liz, etc., all adults who could make up their own minds about Peter no matter what Anna said. 

That being said, Liz was 100% correct in what she said to Anna. Besides being a long-time GH fan, I'm also a comic book fan. I remember a conversation between Spider-Man and some other hero-type (might have been US Agent or the late Clay Quartermaine) who basically said to Spidey "you heroes and your morals. Did you ever think about all the innocent people killed by the Vulture or Green Goblin just because you didn't end those guys when you had the chance?" The same thing applies here, Anna's inability to deal with Peter has resulted in a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering that wouldn't have happened had she acted sooner and more decisively.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Sam should have been playing that in a flirtatious way.  Lighthearted or smiling, teasingly.  It is difficult to believe there is an attraction, which I suppose is what the show was going for. 

They are being written wrong. It's not believable in the slightest that they are supposed to be "enemies", that just sounds stupid. I watched the scenes where he brought over the tire to her place. That was actually kind of funny. But yeah, the tone of Sam is just way off. And she's being too OTT about it. Even though I'm a big fan of the fighting couple leads to more trope, they should have just had them be really great friends who leaned on each other and then it led to something.

15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I can’t take Chase anymore. From him being a difficult and annoying patient to his mantra of Willow is my light and as long as she’s here I will SURVIVE. Enough!!!! Why are Chase, Willow & Michael being written as high schoolers? All three need to go. At this point I want him to die. 

Kimberly J. Brown can’t play bad. I don’t think it’s in her acting card. Good try though and I’m glad she got to be on a soap but no, a villain she ain’t. It would have been cool for her to have a scene with Carly or Nina but they are in totally different worlds. Heck! Nina isn’t even in Port Charles. 

This could be me talking. I used to love Chase and now I cannot stand him. I used to think Willow was okay, and I'm now I'm actively wishing bad things on her. And Michael I've wanted dead for a long time. This is truly the triangle of suck. It doesn't say good things about a show when a threesome they're actively writing about has all three characters that you wish dead. I don't even think Brooklynn can save Chase for me, even though I'm loving Amanda Setton.

6 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Carly would never fetch Britt, especially if she realizes Jason and Britt were sitting in a tree, KISSING.

I'm wondering if Britt will go back to Port Charles on her own if Jason doesn't contact her in a few days. Then, when she finds out Jason got arrested again because of Carly I hope she at least smacks her across her wannabe Mobette face. Hard.

I still can't believe I'm shipping Jason with anyone, but Britt has become magic in my eyes. Hell, Brason is basically the reason I came out of lurk mode.

Ugh, same. I wish it weren't true, but it is. I wish I was more into Nava because of Maura, but they're just not that appealing to me.

I was happy for Maxie that she was able to send Chloe (I saw her on the credits as Fake Chloe, not sure why that is since I haven't been watching long enough again) into the death?pit, but I wanted her to show more satisfaction. Like, I told you kind of thing.

Agree on the Shut up Carly an Shut up Spinelli. There are just so many characters that need to exit stage left. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I was happy for Maxie that she was able to send Chloe (I saw her on the credits as Fake Chloe, not sure why that is since I haven't been watching long enough again) into the death?pit, but I wanted her to show more satisfaction. Like, I told you kind of thing.

She was Fake Chloe since the real Chloe that Maxie had hired was killed by Peter and replaced with this minion.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

She was Fake Chloe since the real Chloe that Maxie had hired was killed by Peter and replaced with this minion.

Wait! GH has closing credits. Color me surprised. Anyway, I totally forgot that Peter killed her. At least, I think that’s what happened. Did Peter meet the real Chloe and then kill her or was that done off screen? I honestly can’t recall which is bad since Fake Chloe has only been on for two weeks. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! GH has closing credits. Color me surprised. Anyway, I totally forgot that Peter killed her. At least, I think that’s what happened. Did Peter meet the real Chloe and then kill her or was that done off screen? I honestly can’t recall which is bad since Fake Chloe has only been on for two weeks. 

We saw him call the Real Chloe to set up a meeting, but the scene shifted to him wiping off the murder weapon and disposing her body.  Next he went to talk with the Fake Chloe and by the end of the episode she appeared at Maxie's to start her job and Maxie had no reason to suspect that she wasn't the Real Chloe.

I also saw the End Credits on Friday and saw the character listed as Fake Chloe but I didn't even give it a thought.  Good catch, tvgoddess!  

Edited by dbklmt
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think there’s still hope for Chase - the actor is charismatic and great at creating chemistry, while Michael is great at destroying it.  Chase has had great scenes with Finn, his parents, Dante and both BLQs.  I remember how much I liked Willow with him - I rooted for her and found her adorable- but now that she’s with Michael I can’t stand the sight of her face.  Just get Chase away from this boring vortex of suck - he needs new friends.  The actor is being wasted lumped in with these two.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, dbklmt said:

We saw him call the Real Chloe to set up a meeting, but the scene shifted to him wiping off the murder weapon and disposing her body.  Next he went to talk with the Fake Chloe and by the end of the episode she appeared at Maxie's to start her job and Maxie had no reason to suspect that she wasn't the Real Chloe.

We didn't actually see him dispose of the body or weapon. He threw away her wallet which had her id. The audience was meant to assume that he killed her but the show could always back out of that if they wanted to.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Her comment was stupid. She's a doctor. Doesn't matter where she goes, she will always be confronted with violence. People get shot everywhere, people get stabbed everywhere. 

• Love 4

People certainly seem to get shot a lot in Port Charles.

How bad is Port Charles P.D. that they haven't even discovered Chloe's body yet? You'd think someone would have  'nosed her as they went up the stairs'.

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! GH has closing credits.

They zip across the bottom of the screen during the next-day previews. I think the final show of the year is the only time they scroll onscreen at a pace you can actually read them, and it's certainly the only time the credits are complete (i.e., you learn who the props/makeup/production assistants/etc. are).

Someone has a sense of humor listing Kimberley J. Brown as Fake Chloe. That's who she is, but credits don't always reflect that.

Why isn't Jeff Kober in the opening photos yet, I wonder?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Benji said:

If that's what's really going on BTS, how emasculating is that for WR ? Can he really not find another job somewhere else ? With so many streaming networks now, it seems like there's a new series/movie released every other day. It really is long past time to get rid of Peter. 

Some dudes are happy to get a relationship or a job without putting hard work in/"deserving" it.  LW has gone out of her way in interviews/quotes/public appearances to emphasize that WR getting hired as Peter had nothing to do with her. It has an air of "the lady doth protest too much." Over time, the Show has made Carly its leading lady and it makes sense they don't want to piss off LW because that would make things difficult for TPTB. 

I say she has become the leading lady because she has at least something to do with many storylines, and characters who should have contempt for her get along with her or praise her, e.g. Laura, Anna, Jax, Robin. A big WTF moment (to me) during Patrick and Robin's last day on the show (wedding at their house). Robin actually told Carly she (Carly) is "good for" Sonny and Jason, expressed gratitude for the cake Carly brought for her and Patrick, and Carly hugged Robin. (I guess the Show forgot that Robin was disappointed to find out from Sam that Jason lied about being Sam's baby daddy, and realized bitterly "he was protecting Carly. Some things never change." Now in addition to Carly and Robin being on "friendly" terms, Jax just this year told Carly he "admires" her, and you have  Mayor Laura going Casa Corinthos to conspire with Carly against Cyrus, and Carly conspiring with WSB agent Anna and telling  Anna "I trust you because Jason does; don't prove him wrong."

When a Show builds itself to have this actress be the centerpiece, the TPTB put themselves in a difficult position if the actress is a diva.  Hence the current problem.

Another example from recent years: BM was more or less forced out as Jason/Jakeson-turned-Drew because of BTS stuff. 

16 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

That being said, Liz was 100% correct in what she said to Anna. B" The same thing applies here, Anna's inability to deal with Peter has resulted in a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering that wouldn't have happened had she acted sooner and more decisively.

YES!! What I don't like about the scene in Finn's office is that Anna seems to think since she's apologized to Finn and Maxie, anyone else should get over Peter's actions and not hold her accountable because now she's trying to stop Peter. Even if Anna never gave a damn about Elizabeth despite the fact she's Robin's friend and Violet's aunt, she should care and be apologetic that Elizabeth's innocent sons have been hurt by the fall out.  The three boys had a relationship with Drew and Franco, not to mention that Cam and Jake have been her granddaughter Emma's friends.

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

me not caring for Elizabeth’s passive aggressiveness needn’t be contradictory.

I don't think she was talking to herself, or being passive aggressive. She didn't whisper in Anna's ear, or snark as she walked out the door. Anna walked in on Elizabeth and Finn having a serious conversation. Elizabeth was making a point, that they both could hear clearly, that her own family and Finn's has been hurt because Peter has been protected. 

Escalating the situation by getting in Anna's face to confront/yell at her for her actions in Finn's office right in front of him, at at time when Finn is already stressed to the max trying to save Chase, would not have helped Chase or Finn. Elizabeth knows that. 

I just really don't like how Anna is acting as if Chase and Maxie/baby Lou are the only ones impacted by Peter's actions, who matter. 

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shawn is insisting to Alexis he didn't shoot Hayden and wants to prove it, then Elizabeth is reminding Finn that she watched him save her sister Hayden when she was critically ill. I think that means Hayden is coming back in a few weeks or months.  

Can't believe I forgot to comment on this. Sigh. I'm so torn. I want Rebecca Budig back on my screen so incredibly much (I'm sure I'm one of the only ones), but I'm not looking forward to any story that in any way has Hayden and Liz at odds (heh, even though I loved the snark in the beginning). But I really thought these two had a terrific sisterly bond that grew to be pretty awesome. I loved Hayden as the cool aunt to Cam, Jake, and Aiden. And if they have Liz and Finn get together as some have speculated? A huge HARD PASS on that. There is no way in hell that Finn of all people deserves to have all these women fighting over him. It was bad enough that we already had to go through it with Hayden and Anna. And no, there wasn't fighting necessarily, but you know what I mean. Just to think that these attractive women are so enamored with Dr. McMayo? Ugh, gross. He's so bland. The equivalent of dry toast. He probably has zero spices in his spice cabinet.

13 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I also saw the End Credits on Friday and saw the character listed as Fake Chloe but I didn't even give it a thought.  Good catch, tvgoddess!  

Well, confession that I watched it on Hulu on my laptop. So I was able to slow down and pause them and they're literally only just an arm's length away. They aren't on a scroll at the bottom either, so it's much easier to see. Of course, with my lousy vision I'm surprised I was able to see much of anything. 

Right now, I'm watching for Britt/Jason until they inevitably mess it up. I'm sure that won't be far away. But I'm in it until then. And as much as we all detest Peter, watching everything Maxie related. It's at least been entertaining the last few days.

All of the rest is emblematic of the usual boring or dumpster fire that this show continues to churn out.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

I don't think Peter is dead.  Two stories hinge on his participation -- the Chase poisoning, and Maxie's baby.  They could make him comatose, for a while, I suppose.  But they need the Maxie gives her baby to BLQ storyline, and she wouldn't need to do that with Peter dead.  With FakeChloe down a well? and possibly dead, she can't really carry on the Chase antidote story (since she has access to the antidote in the safe).   Unless she's not injured that badly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

People certainly seem to get shot a lot in Port Charles.

How bad is Port Charles P.D. that they haven't even discovered Chloe's body yet? You'd think someone would have  'nosed her as they went up the stairs'.

I think Chloe's body is in a landfill somewhere. Pretty sure Peter dumped her in those large back alley containers.

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think Peter is dead.  

Peter is a cockroach. He would probably survive a nuclear holocaust.

I hope they don't decide to do some amnesia storyline with him. They should just extradite his ass to Steinmarr. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think Chloe's body is in a landfill somewhere. Pretty sure Peter dumped her in those large back alley containers.

Peter is a cockroach. He would probably survive a nuclear holocaust.

I hope they don't decide to do some amnesia storyline with him. They should just extradite his ass to Steinmarr. 

I can see them doing that just to keep the actor around since Peter has become irredeemable. 🤮 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think Chloe's body is in a landfill somewhere.

Unless she is a transplant from another city, you'd think someone would be looking for her, reporting her as missing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Unless she is a transplant from another city, you'd think someone would be looking for her, reporting her as missing.

I agree that someone should have reported her missing and she might have been. But the dots won't be connected until Maxie reports her psycho nurse to the cops. PCPD is bad at their job on a good day.

14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I agree that someone should have reported her missing and she might have been. But the dots won't be connected until Maxie reports her psycho nurse to the cops. PCPD is bad at their job on a good day.

To be fair, they're spread thin.  Valerie is constantly ~testifying in court, Dante is busy trading witty banter with Sam, Chase is dying and Jordan is, well, Jordan.  I mean, they really don't have time for, you know, actual crimes!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I think Dante and Sam could be hot, but the writing has GOT to improve.   I've always liked KEMO's pairings, other than Jason.  I just don't like Jason, what can I say.  I loved McBam, they were the best.  But I really loved her with Patrick too.  That was a great time.  And of course, Dream.  I think BM was her best on air partner, they sizzled.  I don't know what happened BTS but something obviously went down.  I don't know if she is tired of building relationships on screen only to have them separated for another round of JaSam.   But I think the writers better come up with some better material, because I do like Dom, and I think he and KEMO could have something, but the stuff the writers came up with last week was cringe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I think Dante and Sam could be hot, but the writing has GOT to improve. 

The show has no idea how to write couples. Look at the coma-inducing Michael/Willow pairing. Sasha/Brando is a bit better, but only because at the moment they're united against Cyrus. Once it becomes about the stupid baby that shouldn't be, it'll be another snore fest.

Dante/Sam will never work for me because they share siblings, not to mention Sam has slept with Dante's father. I know that happened long before we even knew Dante existed, but it still happened. And I don't believe for a second that Sam can find happiness with a cop, even one who's sort of gray the way Dante is. He still has to arrest Jason/Sonny when necessary, and while Sam isn't quite as obnoxious as Carly is about that, she's not exactly cool with it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Dante/Sam will never work for me because they share siblings, not to mention Sam has slept with Dante's father. I know that happened long before we even knew Dante existed, but it still happened.

Sonny ruins everything. Not their fault that Sonny's slept with every woman known to man. But then there is Leo. What a pointless child. No reason for him to even exist.

• Love 1

Sam's already slept with Ric, Sonny's half brother and her mother's husband/father of her half-sister and uncle of her half sister.  And, while she didn't know it at the time, Sonny's the father of her half sister.  I kind of think she HAS to sleep with Dante at this point.

• LOL 13
(edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 1:48 AM, tvgoddess said:

This could be me talking. I used to love Chase and now I cannot stand him.

It was good to see the Chase we loved, coming out of the shower today, holding his towel but kind of pulling it down at the same time 😊

4 hours ago, CeChase said:

But I think the writers better come up with some better material, because I do like Dom, and I think he and KEMO could have something, but the stuff the writers came up with last week was cringe. 

Agreed. I was turned off at Sam in her baseball uniform. 

ETA: Seeing Sonny today, reminded me that even though I hate Mike , I do not miss Sony at all.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Sam's already slept with Ric, Sonny's half brother and her mother's husband/father of her half-sister and uncle of her half sister.  And, while she didn't know it at the time, Sonny's the father of her half sister.  I kind of think she HAS to sleep with Dante at this point.

Because she's a completist? Heh.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Soaps are soaps. They are incestuous AF. But honestly, all of this connects back to Sonny and what a man whore he is. He populated like half of PC.

I'm just waiting for the day when a child he doesn't know about shows up in PC and begins a relationship with one of their siblings.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

How many siblings does Sam and dante share? I can only think  of kristina.

Just now, lorj said:

Edited by lorj

Faux Chloe (Fhloe?) falling into the pit was this show at its cheesy, ridiculous best/ worst. Maxie deduces a weakness in the boards, but they don’t even crack. Yet seconds later, Fhloe manages to send boards flying and create a jagged hole large enough to fall through— a hole that, seconds later, is perfectly square. Did Maxie neaten up the edges with a nearby saw?

Also, how did Maxie manage to run without tripping in that overly long dress/ nightgown/ frump sack?

And here I thought I was the only one who found disheveled, flowing-hair Cyrus kind of hot.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:48 PM, perkie1968 said:

I don't know why people keep thinking/saying that it's Brando.  The person is wearing the clothes that Peter was wearing the last time we saw him.  He has the passports and he LOOKS JUST LIKE PETER!!   

I am one of the crazies who thought it might be Brando at first. But yeah, after more closeups it’s obviously Peter.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:39 AM, ByaNose said:

I could tell it was Elizabeth from her tiny converse sneakers running up the steps. Not only is Rebecca Herbst tiny so are her feet. She’s been in those sneakers and scrubs for years. 

I don’t know about the size of her feet, but I am also pretty sure I’ve seen Elizabeth in red sneakers! 

On 5/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, dubbel zout said:

Why isn't Jeff Kober in the opening photos yet, I wonder?

Laziness.

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, lorj said:

How many siblings does Sam and dante share? I can only think  of kristina.

27 minutes ago, lorj said:

Two: Kristina (Sonny/Alexis) and Leo (Julian/Olivia). But they also share Avery (Ava/Sonny)—half-sister for Dante, cousin for Sam

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don't care about their shared siblings, they have very little vibe as actors so far and the scenes last week were not good.  There's been way too many scenes with them where I just want to fast forward because it's boring and terribly acted.  Maybe it will change? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Two: Kristina (Sonny/Alexis) and Leo (Julian/Olivia). But they also share Avery (Ava/Sonny)—half-sister for Dante, cousin for Sam

Has Sam ever even met Avery? I can't think of any time that Dante's spent with her either.

Dante/Sam should work on paper if you're overlooking family connections. They've had some good scenes and could build off a friendship. What they're doing right now isn't working. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Drew. They screwed up that triangle every six ways from Sunday.

• Love 7

I came back to GH this year, so the rerun was interesting to me. Julian is alive, Sonny is Sonny, Alex is up to no good with Anna and Valentin, Peter and Maxie look genuinely happy and Ryan wasn't catatonic? 

I wonder why they picked this one?