Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I won't be sad if they kill Peter off, but I'm doubtful that will happen. Maybe he'll go on the run for a while and return as a look-alike. Another trope that's been over- (and badly) used on this show, but I prefer it to the redemption route.

I am hoping that WR was unpopular enough as Peter that they won't want to bring him back as another character, especially as they just did it with Howarth who in the end was popular with a substantial part of the audience.

12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

On that same thought process, I don't think Ava has ever once mentioned her nephew, Leo.

Ava did say something to Olivia about Leo after Julian died but Olivia is so determined to erase Julian's existence from Leo's life (as compared to constantly praising Sonny) that it won't be until Leo wants to date Avery that his connection to Ava will come up again.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Not unpopular with me. This pairing is the definition of forced. They have no chemistry, there is no logical reason they should be friends, and the only reason they’re sharing scenes is they’re both unattached and have no other prospects. DZ must be so happy he jumped back into this black hole.

I made a comment awhile back about Dante and Sam looking like siblings.  But even though it was weird, the writing made them friends and supportive, which was much better than this mess now.  You need physical chemistry to pull off the verbal thrust and parry antagonism leading to sex thing. They don't have it. 

If they absolutely have to pair them up, they should have stuck with the friends route. A low key friends with benefits leading to something deeper over time might not be exciting but  at least there would be a bit of angst when Lulu comes out of her coma. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Great big giant fat kudos to Kristen Storms who was fantastic in her scenes today.    Maxie WENT OFF on Peter and it was beautiful.  

Line of the day, and I'm only halfway through the episode:

Maxie to Peter:  I would say that your as bad as your father, but your not.  At least Faison was an evil genius.  Your just some cheap, imitation knock off.  

Maxie was genius today!! That may be the best acting I’ve ever seen from her. Kudos Maxie!!!!!

• Love 18
(edited)

Just started today’s ep.

I have to admit, as much as I can’t stand Peter, I like that his 7 hours earlier fall has taken place in real time. It’s different. 

Also,  glad Maxie blamed the nurse, which essentially makes Peter responsible. And looking forward  to her going off on him. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Maxie to Peter:  I would say that your as bad as your father, but you're not.  At least Faison was an evil genius.  Your just some cheap, imitation knock off.  

The Peterich story went on entirely too long and made everyone character unlucky enough to end up in his path dumb namely Maxie and Anna, but today made it worth it even slightly. I am so glad that it was Maxie that got to read him the riot act and even better that Maxie remembered who she was and what family members she had in her corner, and sent that recording to Mac. She was awesome today.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, Blackie said:

Oh I thought she would say Chloe took the baby so Peter will be on the hunt for Chloe

Ding ding ding!

WOW, KSt. deserves a daytime Emmy for today's episode because Maxie was ON FIRE. She tapped into her old skills with manipulation!! I love that she recorded Peter's whole confession and sent the file to Mac before Peter could get her phone! I was taken aback that she actually called him Heinrik several times and a "cheap imitation" of Faison.

But it's ridiculous (plot point stupidity) that it took that long for a nurse to check up on Maxie and Peter when Maxie had been screaming at him at the top of her lungs for at least, several minutes.

I love Trina's feistiness. Her new hairdo looks great, too. Also plot point stupidity: Curtis kicking in the door with Laura at his side, I think unarmed? Of course Cyrus, is going to hold a gun on mother and daughter and kick him and Laura out.

Anna: "Did something happen to your baby?"  
YA THINK? Would Maxie's face look like that if things were going well?!

WR's acting on the roof was so very, very bad.

Get him, Finn! 

Previews: Maxie tells Anna the truth, and Taggert shows up for the drama at Casa Robinson?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

That may be the best acting I’ve ever seen from her.

Yes, at one point when she was going off on him and her face was just completely tear stained, my thought was, this is Kirsten's emmy reel for next year.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But it's ridiculous (plot point stupidity) that it took that long for a nurse to check up on Maxie and Peter when Maxie had been screaming at him at the top of her lungs for at least, several minutes.

LOL!! Considering they were in emerg, and not in a room with a closed door, someone would have shown up way sooner, likely even the security guard that Deanna was supposed to go and get.  

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Of course Cyrus, is going to hold a gun on mother and daughter and kick him and Laura out.

What I thought was dumb was Cyrus telling Jordan that he's taken the women with him as hostages and Jordan's counter offer is that he release the hostages.  Uhm, why would he do that?  

Bad guy:  I'm going to shoot you in the head

Good guy:  How about you don't

Bad guy:  Oh ok, hadn't thought of that

Oy!!

7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Get him, Finn! 

We dont' get previews here, but if Finn is the one who pushes him down the stairs than he can kiss the antidote goodbye.  I don't know that I see Finn doing that.  I was hoping it would be more of a whodunit than, oh it's Finn dunit!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, at one point when she was going off on him and her face was just completely tear stained, my thought was, this is Kirsten's emmy reel for next year.  

Absolutely.  IMO it's the best acting from Kirsten Storms since the funeral of Georgie Jones, when Maxie told everyone from the podium about Felicia abandoning her sister and her and Felicia ran out crying.

• Love 14

Such great soapy melodrama on today’s episode (and it didn’t get preempted once!). I especially liked the confrontation between Maxie and Peter, though like someone else said, the nurse should have checked on them sooner given all the shouting. I think I like Maxie saying Chloe took the baby better than it being a stillbirth, though it still means Brooklyn has the baby

• Love 6

That was pretty great. Where has this show been these past years? (Rhetorical question but I just want to point out that there was no representative of the Corinthos mob on today. Even Cyrus was connected to Laura rather than Sonny.)

KSt was awesome. I'm glad that Maxie got to be the one to confront Faison-wannabee, and that she has the smarts to record it and send it to Mac. I liked Peter telling her "Give me the tape" as if his commanding voice alone would turn her again into the old Maxie.

On the downside, Curtis is an idiot for kicking down the door before he could scope out the lay of the land since he didn't have a gun.

In a real ER, someone would have been at the cubicle entrance as soon as voices were raised but I'll give it a bye since the confrontation was so awesome.

Is it going to be Finn that pushes Peter down the stairs and Liz covers for him?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Peter telling her "Give me the tape" as if his commanding voice alone would turn her again into the old Maxie.

And that after she lists all the people that he's killed including the innocent original Chloe, he's all, this is grief talking, we can still make it work.  Make it work??  Dude!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Great episode, Maxie was awesome!

Remind me never to go to Portia if I need medical treatment. She bandaged up Cyrus over his shirt.

Peter's teeth looked whiter than usual. How nice of him to get them whitened before planning to kidnap Maxie and the baby.

• LOL 13
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

She bandaged up Cyrus over his shirt.

I think that was supposed to be a sling, but because the actor was using that hand to hold the gun, the sling was under his armpit rather than over his arm like it should have been.,  

• Love 1

I can't believe the writers had Maxie say Chloe stole the baby. It was the logical thing! Since when do these clowns do that?

5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
26 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

That may be the best acting I’ve ever seen from her.

It just shows how the actors can rise to the occasion. Too bad they don't get the occasion often enough.

I love how Maxie laid the groundwork for Peter to blunder into admitting everything.

Jordan: "My people will keep looking for [Peter]." He's screaming at his fiancée in the ER! He's not that hard to find! The writing really doesn't help Jordan when it's this stupid.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Also,  glad Maxie blamed the nurse, which essentially makes Peter responsible. And looking forward  to her going off on him. 

Eh? Looking forward to who else going off on Heinrik?

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The writing really doesn't help Jordan when it's this stupid.

That's because this iteration of Jordan is this STUPID.

• Love 3

That was soapy. Maxie was fabulous, nailing her baby's theft at cray cray nurse's doorstep. 

Peter actor is just a terrible actor. 

I was glad to finally see Chase's parents. 

Cyrus has done diddly squat. His storyline was a waste of time and now he's going to go out with a whimper, whether he dies or doesn't.

Yesterday and today were good soap days. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's screaming at his fiancée in the ER! He's not that hard to find!

LOL!!  But in Jordan's defence no one knew Peter was at the hospital.  Anna asks Liz and she says she hasn't seen him but that Maxie was brought in.  Finn asked Liz and she said she hadn't seen him, until the very end when she hears from Deanna about the screaming in the ER and goes back to tell Finn that Peter's here.  And I think Jordan had already gotten the call about Cyrus and left before the majority of the Paxie fight was going on.  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

if Finn is the one who pushes him down the stairs than he can kiss the antidote goodbye.  I don't know that I see Finn doing that.  I was hoping it would be more of a whodunit than, oh it's Finn dunit!

I don't see Finn doing that either. By get him, I meant confront/corner. My best guess right now is that Peter takes a header down the stairwell as he's trying to escape from Finn confronting him and demanding the antidote.  Some may remember way back when, AJ grabbed SJB's Carly by the wrist and she yanked her hand away and fell down the stairs at the Qs. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a redux of sorts: if Finn and Peter are arguing, Finn tries to grab Peter and force him back into the hospital to help Chase, Peter yanks away/steps back too far and down, down, down he goes. That's more dramatic than if he takes a header down the stairwell just because he's desperately trying to run away from Finn and gets clumsy on his feet.

Could be that Elizabeth is concerned for Finn and Chase, hears something, and is just in time to see Peter fall or get pushed.  

• Love 2

Oh my god Kristen Storms was so awesome today!  I loved her manipulating the crap out of Peter, she played him like a fiddle.  And the resulting tirade well...it was a thing of beauty. It almost makes this ridiculously long and tired storyline (not to mention the eleventy months Maxie’s been preggers) worth it.  ALMOST.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

if Finn and Peter are arguing, Finn tries to grab Peter and force him back into the hospital to help Chase, Peter yanks away/steps back too far and down, down, down he goes.

Does Peter lose his baby and blame AJ?

• LOL 11

I’ve never seen the actor playing Cyrus in anything else and I know that some of you really like him but I think he stinks as an actor. I do hope he disappears soon. Like tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

The phony "Chloe's the bad guy, it could never be YOU, Peter," angle was exactly what she needed to say to make Peter let his guard down. Gain his trust, work him into a frantic tizzy, wait for him to slip up, then seamlessly flip the switch to expose his lies. That was masterful manipulation, and after all the weeks of Maxie enduring Peter's uncomfortable, stalkery attention, it was damn satisfying to see her gain the upper hand.

After today, I think maybe Maxie should be working with the WSB alongside Annie Donnelly. She played Heinrik like a fiddle. At the end of the day, she was the one to make Cesar Jr. unravel where Anna, Robert, and even Valentin failed. Interesting.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve never seen the actor playing Cyrus in anything else and I know that some of you really like him but I think he stinks as an actor. I do hope he disappears soon. Like tomorrow.

He's really good at playing EVUHL. But as with other good actors that have come on this show, something just...ruins them. Daniel Benzali, anyone?

Kober did a very good scary/creepy David Koresh type character on Law & Order: SVU, "Charisma" in its second or third season. He really is/was wasted on this show under the current regime.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

A low key friends with benefits leading to something deeper over time might not be exciting but  at least there would be a bit of angst when Lulu comes out of her coma. 

Hey, friends with benefits leading to something deeper over time worked like hell for Leo and Greenlee on AMC. But, they had mega chemistry.

So, yesterday's show wasn't working for me for some reason. But today? WOW. Fantastic. KSt was amazing, Maxie was brilliant, and I was glued to my screen. I was so into it I unfortunately kind of messed something up at work. Hopefully my solution will be okay. If not, I blame Sonny even though he wasn't on today.

Very soapy and very worth watching. It was long overdue to wrap up some of these godforsaken storylines that I thankfully tuned out of most of them.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Deanna: I'll be back in a few minutes to check on you.

*many, many, many minutes and screaming later...*

• Love 4

I am LOVING GH right now. Soooo great. I got so excited when we saw the back of the man at the top of the stairs wearing a suit vest because, dun dun dun... only Finn wears that. I was legit: Ooh!!! 

KSt is doing amazing. All of the pieces falling into place, so, so good. 

And, yes, it's very obvious how none of the Corinthi or Corinthi-related peeps are around. Uh huh.

I can't believe this wasn't a Friday show and I have a new show to look forward to tomorrow! YAAS!

• Love 7

I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed an episode so much! 9 years, I think, during Robin’s rescue and return after being thought dead.

Well played, Maxie! I loved the taunting and her calling him Heinrik!

That all said, just who the hell does Deanna think she is, Epiphany? She sure as hell did a horrible job getting Maxie settled and wasn’t around when Maxie was yelling at Heinrik.

Look, I’m still pissed at Anna, but Deanna can take several seats.

Jordan is so galactically stupid. She supposedly knows Cyrus, but thinks he’s just posturing?

• Love 3

The only downside for me today was Curtis kicking in Portia’s front door, Cyrus saying get out or I shoot one of these women and Curtis just backs out the door. In the old days of men being real men, he’d have launched himself at Cyrus and kicked the holy crap out of him. I miss the old days when men were men and women liked it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jordan is so galactically stupid. She supposedly knows Cyrus, but thinks he’s just posturing?

I wonder how Briana Nicole Henry feels about playing such a dope. It would take only a few tweaks of writing to make her not so idiotic, yet the writers really lean in instead.

Edited by dubbel zout
autocorrect nonsense
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, he blames Kevin Buchanan. And Kevin is very sorry. (Old OLTL joke.)

Never apologize for a 'Kevin is sorry' joke. 

Echoing the admiration for Kirsten Storms today. Every beat was well played and well earned. Which is rare on a show that seems to rush through ( or make up) story beats (Cyrus was obsessed with Sasha this whole time??)

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kober did a very good scary/creepy David Koresh type character on Law & Order: SVU, "Charisma" in its second or third season. He really is/was wasted on this show under the current regime.

I love Jeff Korber!! I remember that SVU episode. It was good!! He was also in one of my favorite Walking Dead episodes!! Very memorable! For those who watch TWD, you’ll know what I’m talking about. 

If he’s leaving this week, he will have definitely been misused, IMO. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 2

Kudos to the writers for this episode.  Maxie's dialogue was absolutely spot on.  The way she suckered Peter in to letting his guard down, before giving him the dagger in the back, was nothing sort of genius!

I also give the show credit for bringing down Cyrus and Peter down simultaneously.  They could have gone the laborious route and spaced things out, but its only fitting, since these two are tied to one another.

Though I see Wes Ramsey sticking around longer, since he will probably be in some coma after his fall.  I'm in the minority here, but I like both the Cyrus and Peter characters and will be sad to see them go, since I always like rooting for the bad guys!!!  ;-)

KSt being so great today just brought home how terrible LWB was in their scenes.  Not to mention those unintentionally hilarious scenes on the roof when he was waiting for his Uber-copter to pick him up.  Too bad I don't think he's actually dead and that we'll be getting rid of him soon.

• Love 7

Throughout today's episode I kept thinking "This is delightful-no Corinthii!!!". It was a hospital drama!!! I haven't enjoyed GH this much in years. Maxie was outstanding. I also liked Deanna and I hope she gets some character development. 

Wouldn't it be nice if ABC decided to give Mo his own soap called Nixon Falls and sent all the Corinthii minions there to do their gangsta stuff and let GH be GH? That would make me very happy.

• Love 16

I wholeheartedly agree with all the kudos for Maxie and Kirsten Storms. But as a writer, I feel a need to acknowledge the people who wrote her lines. They don’t always get it right, but when they do, it can be awesome. 

Credit where credit’s due.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

his Uber-copter

LOL. It did sound like he just opened an app to book a ride. I couldn't stop laughing at Peter's irritation that the helicopter was delayed. The air traffic in PC must be intense.

I think the "X Hours Earlier" gimmick was dragged out a bit too long, but I have to admit the denouement was worth it. It's too bad the BLQ side of the story will inevitably suffer. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. It did sound like he just opened an app to book a ride. I couldn't stop laughing at Peter's irritation that the helicopter was delayed. The air traffic in PC must be intense.

I was cracking up when he gets on the phone and is all "change of plans--pick me up at the hospital" then he literally walks around for 15 seconds and calls back screaming "where are you!?!"  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Throughout the ‘negotiations’ with Cyrus, did no one think to mention his mother? As in ‘what will happen to her if you’re gone?’ Does Martin even know where she is since Cyrus got her back? If Cyrus loves her as much as he claims, he wouldn’t leave her behind. To me, she is his Achilles heel. 

agree with everyone for the praise of KSt. Her going off on Peter was awesome! 

To whomever up thread mentioned a Nixon Falls Corinthii spin-off, I love it. Who do we need to convince at ABC to make it happen? That way Mo, LW and SBu could eat their own show and the rest of us could enjoy GH!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I wholeheartedly agree with all the kudos for Maxie and Kirsten Storms. But as a writer, I feel a need to acknowledge the people who wrote her lines. They don’t always get it right, but when they do, it can be awesome. 

It almost seemed like Storms was just waiting for the moment to let it all out lol

• Love 3

Wednesday's episode was great but that means there are two more shows this week lol!! Hopefully they can match at least the rest of the week. These last couple of weeks have been great and a lot of fun to watch

• Love 3
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Agreed. 

I would also point out to TPTB, that this is what your writers and actors can do when freed from the soul crushing Sonny and Carly show.

• Love 13

It's annoying that GH has lots of actors with real talent, but they meander about in circles muttering stupid lines most of the time ...when they could be doing stuff like this! I've been so bored with repeatedly pregnant Maxie, and the Maxie/Peter storyline that I forgot KSt could actually really bring it!

Willow also had potential. She was natural with Chase, and she did that great scene when he helped her face the fact that her baby was dead. Now, because of the BORING storyline she is trapped in, her acting amounts to looking awkward when she is with Chase, followed by a pensive glance at Michael! They've destroyed her and on their way to destroying Chase! And Dante!  

PS. I thought that one second stock clip of a helicopter flying around was hilarious. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the "X Hours Earlier" gimmick was dragged out a bit too long, but I have to admit the denouement was worth it. It's too bad the BLQ side of the story will inevitably suffer. 

I didn't understand why the pilot said they were delayed when we saw them flying. I assumed they were near the hospital but maybe that was a misdirect

(edited)
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

It almost seemed like Storms was just waiting for the moment to let it all out lol

Yup! She did so much with one moment today, when BL adjusted the baby to face Maxie as Maxie was looking at them through the blinds of her hospital room window into the hallway.  Good to see Mac.

I missed much of the episode - is Peter really dead or did he just manage to somehow fool Elizabeth and Finn?

Since Anna was easily duped by Peter, I guess it's not a surprise she gets duped again by Maxie. 

Good acting by GF, as usual.  Nice to see Trina get to embrace her dad.

LOL at the teaser for Friday: Carly looking genuinely surprised/taken aback in response to Jason, who is behind bars, and apparently telling her she made a mistake...what  would Jason do with himself without her delusions of grandeur. I am actually curious to see who went to see Britt. It's sweet to see Valentin in awe of the baby.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3