Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

Hey Joss, do you realize that Jason has killed people on Sonny's orders? 

She once tried to put a hit on Nelle - she wanted Uncle Jason to take care of the Nelle problem and while she didn't use the word kill it was obvious what she wanted to have happen. Joss' self-awareness is in the Andromeda galaxy. 

• Like 10

Yeah, the big wedding that wasn’t gonna be a big wedding is gonna be a wedding in the Q Mansion with half the cast there. I hope it’s soon because then we can move on. The Gregory storyline while a worthy health issue doesn’t make for great tv. Although, I like Gregory “Gonzo Gates” Harrison and Tracey together. Also, can Violet go to boarding school already?!

Jason has now seen everyone in PC except Spinelli? WTH? Shouldn’t Spinelli have been like the 2nd or 3rd person Jason should have talked to? Like, to get the 411 on the people of PC. Very odd. 

• Like 3

That was pretty awkward having Joss complain about Sonny using Dex as an enforcer to Sonny's ex-enforcer.  And how the hell is Jason going to protect Dex from  Sonny.  Just follow him around all day?

And Violet was "so brave" to go get the machine out of the other room.  What did she have to do?  Fight dragons to get it?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

"Bullies"? Really, Anna? If a group of ethical, anti-criminal police officers want to take a second before embracing your mobster recruit, that doesn't make them bullies. It makes them smarter than you, apparently.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I like Gregory “Gonzo Gates” Harrison and Tracey together.

Same here. Normally, I would find the idea of a Soap Miracle Cure problematic, but I'd be fine with it in this case. If Jason can come back from the dead, why can't Gonzo also get a second life? Of the two, I know who I'd rather see on my screen.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9

I’m starting to dislike TJ more than Molly. Like they’re both judgmental but TJ straight up talks about Kristina like she’s a handmaid who should be locked away while he incubates his child and will never be around them again. It’s gross 

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

I guess off his meds Sonny is a truth teller the same way drunk Alexis and cat poop disease Sam were. He got to call Jason out for being a deadbeat to Jake and Danny

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I must admit, I was shocked to see Sonny call out Jason on abandoning Jake and Danny for two years. I know he did it because he's feeling defensive once Jason brought up Kristina in the conversation, but still. 

The other shock was seeing "Ace" walking on his own. And again, SHUT UP TJ.  Trina recently lived through a trauma and believes that her first love is dead, while all you do is verbally express distrust of Kristina and "her family" - which includes the love of your life, btw. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I need a construction crane to take out TJ. Or have someone lock him in a dungeon on the Cassadine island. 

This is not entertaining, Show. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Like they’re both judgmental but TJ straight up talks about Kristina like she’s a handmaid who should be locked away while he incubates his child

He was so over the top today it was ridiculous.  Molly mentions that Kristina stopped by after the shower party  and he's all, "SHE WAS UP LATE?"  Like, bitch please, she's pregnant not under house arrest.   Like, have the writers not met any pregnant women?  Some of them even work nights.  Eesh.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yaa for the Ace scenes!!  But he is so chatty now, he is taking over the scene! Such a cute little man!

MB is such a bad actor, did he totally miss his cue when to slam his hand on the desk??  Even SB stopped like he knew that wasn't the right timing but then just kept going. But I guess bad acting MB fits with off-his -meds-acting-erratic Sonny.

ETA: how many weeks pregnant is Kristina supposed to be? Is she going to have a giant baby like Esme did?

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 5
15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

ETA: how many weeks pregnant is Kristina supposed to be? Is she going to have a giant baby like Esme did?

I believe they said she was due in August.  But I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Jeebus on a cracker, they should add Carly's name to General Hospital. So now the MC lost their fifth star while Nina was running it. We get it. Carly is the bestest at everything. Bobbie's will soon be named best diner in America and earn a Michelin Star for its BLT. Zaggat will call it the place to be.

Sonny calling Jason out on his deadbeatness was great.

Nina/Kristina, Nina/Drew were pretty good too.

TJ can have a tall glass of STFU. This guy is a straight up douche. Make sure you lock the baby up in a room and never let it out after they're born.

That said, I think something is about to happen to Kristina with this Ava stuff.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Yaa for the Ace scenes!! 

I loved when they were leaving and Laura said bye and he said it back to her.  What a little sweetie.  

35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

ETA: how many weeks pregnant is Kristina supposed to be? I

She was turkey basted on Jan 18th so she should be 13 weeks with a due date of oct 25th, but they've back dated it and made her due date August, so I guess she's supposed to be about 8 weeks more than she is.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Does wardrobe hate Carly as much as we do? Why are they dressing LW in  such frumpy, hideous clothes? LW AI’s a beautiful woman. She may not be a size 2 but she also isn’t a size 20! Maybe she should start wearing some of her own clothes on set. Anything would be better than that blue schmatta she wore today.

because it cannot be stated enough, STFU TJ! OMG i just wanted to throw him out the damn window today. So Kristina went out last night. So what? I wasn’t aware he instituted a curfew for her.  And he’s still harping on her lifestyle and eating habits, as well as her ‘past,’ whatever that’s supposed to mean. Can someone please remind him that the man he wants nothing to do with put him through med school? Or at least college. 

Listening to Blaze today, I can’t decide if she’s afraid to cross her mother or if she really doesn’t want to come out. Maybe it’s a combination of the two. But at some point in her life, she has to live her own life, not her mother’s. And showing up in public with Kristina and kissing her, is hardly the way to keep her personal life secret. 

Jason wasn’t wrong about everyone suspecting Sonny if anything happens to Dex, but I loved Sonny calling him out for being a deadbeat dad to his own children.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

[TJ] was so over the top today it was ridiculous.  Molly mentions that Kristina stopped by after the shower party  and he's all, "SHE WAS UP LATE?" 

He's probably thinking Nik might have had a point in keeping Esmé locked up in Wyndemere. 

"I hate to be the pregnancy police..." Then don't be, and STFU. TJ is completely out of line.

That blue looked amazing on LW.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jeebus on a cracker, they should add Carly's name to General Hospital. So now the MC lost their fifth star while Nina was running it. We get it. Carly is the bestest at everything.

And I guess we're supposed to forget Olivia is half owner?  Any and all "problems" the MC had when Carly wasn't an owner are ALL Nina's fault.  Got it, show.  Also, Carly accepting congratulations for "getting your hotel back" needed a laugh track.  yeah, she worked hard for that.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That said, I think something is about to happen to Kristina with this Ava stuff.

I think so, too.  The anvils have really been dropping.

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That blue looked amazing on LW.

Great color, but the dress was hideous. 

• Like 10

Carly telling a pained Drew that she tried so hard to make their relationship work 😅 but now things are back to the way they should be. ~She seriously has no self awareness.

Sonny Hulk smashes his desk and reads Jason for deadbeat dad filth. Jason glares at Sonny and tells him he will stop him if he tries to kill Dex. I would have died if when Jason turned to leave he said "okay then see you at the coffee warehouse!" What is Jason actually supposed to be doing now? Is he free? Is he still working for the mob sniper people? Has he fulfilled his deal with John? Is his presence supposed to lure out the sniper? If so, why would he go anywhere near his kids!  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, Carly accepting congratulations for "getting your hotel back" needed a laugh track.  yeah, she worked hard for that.

Carly worked hard for everything she has. She worked really hard at snagging the guys who fall all over themselves to give her anything she wants.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Carly got offended when Kristina asked how she got it back. Can't tell her Jason bought it for her? Then Nina just tells Kristina everything. 

Who is Jason to ask Sonny how connected he is to his family?  Sonny's connected to the family that counts which isn't Michael. But Dante, Kristina and the girls Sonny is there, will continue loving, has been there and he's done his best. Which is more than Jason can say about himself. 

Jason deserves everything Sonny said about him being a deadbeat who disappeared for 2 years.  Jason has dropped his sons for Carly. 

"Before you lecture me, try being a father to Jake and Danny "  best thing Sonny said in long time. 

Lexie's Kristina was not this blind and naive to Sonny. She knew it all, she had a mafia princess show. Lol 

What really does Olivia do?  Nina is to blame for everything at the hotel and now Carly is acting like she's a one woman show. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Carly got offended when Kristina asked how she got it back. Can't tell her Jason bought it for her? Then Nina just tells Kristina everything. 

I find Kristina to be incredibly nosey. Rather than hiring the gossip columnist at The Invader, they should have given the job to Kristina.

I guess her teen group home has been forgotten.

Laura need to tell Trina a big fat no to becoming Ace's newest babysitter. If she doesn't want to go to school right now, then she should sink herself full-time into the gallery and meeting artists. It is so cringey to me.

• Like 1
(edited)

Kristina may be frustratingly blinkered and selectively amnesiac about her father in many ways, but that's in character IMO. She was Daddy's flaky little girl during Lexi Ainsworth's tenure for many years. The Mob Princess reality show was just her trading on his permissiveness knowing she could get away with it. What grabs me is how much Mansi is carrying most of her end of her age set. I was impressed they let her mention Ava and Connie - in the same office where Ava murdered the woman.

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Does wardrobe hate Carly as much as we do? Why are they dressing LW in  such frumpy, hideous clothes? LW AI’s a beautiful woman. She may not be a size 2 but she also isn’t a size 20! Maybe she should start wearing some of her own clothes on set. Anything would be better than that blue schmatta she wore today.

I am convinced LW, like others, is wearing clothes from home tbh. And it should stop, she doesn't look good.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Lexi's Kristina was not this blind and naive to Sonny. She knew it all, she had a mafia princess show. Lol 

That was Lindsey Morgan's Kristina who had the Mob Princess show I believe.

Wonder what fast fashion brand was having a clearance? I swear 90% of the set dressimg on this show was purchased at Pier One's going out of business sale.

• LOL 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He was so over the top today it was ridiculous.  Molly mentions that Kristina stopped by after the shower party  and he's all, "SHE WAS UP LATE?" 

Thirty seconds later, Molly made the mistake of using the word "alcohol," and TJ yelled, "KRISTINA WAS DRINKING?!" If Molly hadn't clarified that it was Josslyn drinking, I think TJ was going to make a beeline for Kristina to...who knows? Imprison her like Nikolas did with Esme, maybe.  

TJ is as quick to get agitated as Sonny is, but we have a story reason for Sonny. I have a hard time figuring out what they (both E-Trick and Chris/Dan) want us to think TJ's personality is. I also wonder how much this actor's delivery is responsible. To me, he always seems a little too intense about whatever the emotional state is.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 8

Carly’s dress is from last year, I remember it. Sasha looked gorgeous in hers and similar dresses are usually very comfortable so I’m #TeamTealDress.

In spite of the new refreshing styling trend on the show (yeah, colours!), I do agree that most stylists are challenged by women who aren’t both slim and tall and rarely rise to the occasion.

I’m also enjoying the truths bombs actor are finally able to say in their dialogue (the Ava/Nina confrontation- chef’s kiss!)

But where’s John? Are the writers already tired of this storyline? 

He’s my third favourite person to see on, after Tracy and Adorable Ace.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Carly telling a pained Drew that she tried so hard to make their relationship work 😅 but now things are back to the way they should be. ~She seriously has no self awareness.

(Bolding mine) That was quite the slap in the face to Drew. If he still thinks he was not ever just a placeholder for Jason, that should do it. And if there's a tiny part of him that thinks he has another chance with Carly, he's the biggest idiot in Port Charles, which is saying a lot.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

What really does Olivia do? 

Tell Carly how amazing she is.

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I have a hard time figuring out what they (both E-Trick and Chris/Dan) want us to think TJ's personality is. I also wonder how much this actor's delivery is responsible. To me, he always seems a little too intense about whatever the emotional state is.

I have these same problems with TJ/TB. They keep having TJ say stuff like "I know it's too late to do anything about Kristina being the surrogate and me not liking it" and he gets all handmaideny about her having any sort of life. Big of him to admit BL's shower/bachelorette party was a special event Kristina should be able to attend. And the whole stupid oh-nos! about the proximity to Sonny. It would be there even if Kristina weren't their surrogate. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

It feels like they’re setting up something happening to Kristina involving Sonny/Ava, her losing the baby, and TJ totally losing his shit and blaming her.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It feels like they’re setting up something happening to Kristina involving Sonny/Ava, her losing the baby, and TJ totally losing his shit and blaming her.  

I don't care about the baby, and in fact think it's better for everyone if Kristina isn't so intimately involved. The baby can go with no tears from me. However, I will not look forward to the inevitable "J'accuse!" from TJ. He lives in Port Charles. Violence is always five minutes away. Why doesn't anyone remember that? It's tiresome to keep hearing people express shock—shock!—that there's another shootout, kidnapping, whatever. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Probably. I find Molly oddly detached from the pregnancy. All her baby rabies seem to have transferred to TJ. He is insufferable.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find Molly oddly detached from the pregnancy.

She's walking a fine line between protecting (sort of) Kristina and being TJ's partner. It's a weird balance, but it kind of works for me.

TJ is insufferable.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 3

Awesome:

Tracy telling Olivia it's NOT her kitchen it's actually Monica's, and the great conversation with stubborn Gregory. The last line, a sweet compliment from Gregory to Tracy. Awww!

GF all day, every day. Laura's truth telling to Sonny when he asked if she's turning on him, too. "Who's going to protect [your children] from you" Strongest line from her. Also making the point that in the Sonny/Cyrus situation, there are two bad guys.

Nina telling Carly, so much for earning the MC back on your own and Carly unable to dispute that.

Alexis being an excellent sounding board for Molly and then Finn. Good for Alexis saying that TJ's anxiety/distrust of Kristina is the problem here, when Molly clearly doesn't want to think or feel anything negative about her domestic partner.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

LOL—Olivia is running herself ragged at the hotel? Doing what?

Sasha being the new Q chef is not something I'd have ever thought would happen. If she wants to cook, she should ask Carly if she can work at Bobbie's. Much less nonsense to deal with there. And yeah, Olivia was REALLY LOUD.

I liked Ava's shirt. The print was so colorful. The women's wardrobe is so hit-or-miss.

Even for non-reputation-washing reasons, you can't just donate something to a city, but of course Sonny's ego doesn't allow him to consider that.

40 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also making the point that in the Sonny/Cyrus situation, there are two bad guys.

This isn't said nearly enough, and I really like that the show has started doing it. I also really liked it when Laura said to Sonny that his good deeds don't absolve the bad ones. We're finally getting badly needed nuance in these kinds of conversations.

21 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

the great conversation with stubborn Gregory

It was good. We went through this with my mom, and I understand both sides. But if Gregory starts having someone in the house now, when he just needs someone to be there in case of trouble, it will be so much easier when the care needs to be more constant. For now, the person could do light housekeeping or whatever and stay out of his way. That hovering is what drove my mom crazy, as well as having a stranger in the house. But start early and you get used to each other.

"Is this a good time?" "I hope not, or I'll have nothing to report." Hee.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Ava's shirt. The print was so colorful. The women's wardrobe is so hit-or-miss.

Another rerun.  August 10, 2022 / July 18, 2023

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 14-16-12 Ava’s floral print blouse on General Hospital.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 14-15-20 FULL General Hospital 04_25_2024 FULL EPISODE 720HD ABC GH - General Hospital April 25 2024.png

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sasha being the new Q chef is not something I'd have ever thought would happen. If she wants to cook, she should ask Carly if she can work at Bobbie's. Much less nonsense to deal with there. And yeah, Olivia was REALLY LOUD.

We just found out that she was a line cook during her summers beside learning how to cook from her grandmother. I am wondering if she is going to develop enough experience as the Q cook so she can be hired later at the Metrocourt to help them get back their 5th star.

I sure this is so that Cody and Sasha can continue hanging out together during work now that they are no longer spoke models for Deception.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

One thing I can’t stand is when someone says after all I’ve done for them!  Sonny is the king of saying this. His answer to what would he do when his kids find out he’s a gangster was I’ll protect them. Always the narcissist.  What would you say to them? He can’t dimple smile his way out of those questions. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Could someone with superior memory skills kindly refresh me.. does Laura know that Spencer stole the election for her?

I guess Sasha is sticking around so she and Cody can continue to bandly flirt until she is ready to become a bland couple with him. I struggle to see any potential drama with them that I could possibly care about. Otherwise, some great moments today.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

We just found out that she was a line cook during her summers beside learning how to cook from her grandmother. I am wondering if she is going to develop enough experience as the Q cook so she can be hired later at the Metrocourt to help them get back their 5th star.

I sure this is so that Cody and Sasha can continue hanging out together during work now that they are no longer spoke models for Deception.

I can’t wait to see how she screws up Thanksgiving. 

Maybe with her tv experience with Deception she can become a famous tv chef or a foodie influencer. 

• Like 4