Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Yes willows story is so inspirational. Everyone who has cancer has their uncle in law rescue their moms aunt from an evil cassadine in Greenland 

• LOL 10

I loved every. single. story today!

Nina & Drew:  Fun!  I’m diggin them right now.  Not looking for a super couple in them, I’m jus enjoying a couple of adults with sparks and chemistry.

TJ, Molly, Christina:  I thought each person had good points!

Drew & Curtis:  I’m interested in seeing where this goes.  I like Drew in the role of a mogul, much more interesting then Navy Seals Drew.

Alexis & Natalia:  Oh how I loved watching the mama bear awaken in Alexis.  Good acting NLG!!

Deception:  Comedy relief.

Aiden & Elizabeth:  Looks like Aiden is being bullied and the actor is good at playing meek.  The story has potential.

Curtis & Portia:  I kinda felt like Portia was shading Curtis a bit.  “I thought the Savoy was your life’s dream?!”  What was unspoken was “and before that a detective, and before that a cop…”.  Maybe she feels like Curtis is too old to be hopping from one career to the next?

Anyway this week GH has been pretty good!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Not that I mind a Aiden is getting bullied storyline, but I don't think the actor is strong enough to carry something like this. Maybe Natalia is the one bullying him /s

The only good thing about about her is how good Eva LaRue looks in anything wardrobe has put her in so far. But honestly, I have no use for her character and Alexis has shown tremendous restraint with her. Is her role to go from person to person to badmouth someone to them?

TJ is a loon. Please make the controlling behavior stop. I survived on Harvey's the first 6 months of my pregnancy because I couldn't keep anything else down. I was losing weight instead of gaining. I still can't smell meat, chicken or eggs without gagging and I barely slept during my last trimester. I can't even imagine how he would have been if Molly was pregnant. You're working too late, you shouldn't be in court, why are you wearing high heels, I think you're eating too much, morning sickness is not a big deal. TJ can go and fuck right off.

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
(edited)

The only way they can make Natalia interesting to me is if she leans into her obnoxious Abby Lee Miller tendencies and becomes a full-on villain sabotaging people, smearing Kristina, fucking with Deception, etc. only to be exposed in a future event. That's fun stuff versus her just hanging around to hector people day in and day out.

T.J. got a short memory for a dude who was howling outta the convertible top of a speeding car drunk with Felix's little sister back in the day. Yeah, I remember!

2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I might be the only one but I’m liking Nina and Drew. The actors play really well off of each other. 

Far from the only one. I think they're the most interesting (and sexy) thing on the show in years.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

T.J. got a short memory for a dude who was howling outta the convertible top of a speeding car drunk with Felix's little sister back in the day. Yeah, I remember

Wow!  lol!  I don’t completely agree with TJ’s pov, I think it’s over the top.  But I do think he has valid concerns.  I also think this could be a manifestation of his grief over the first surrogate’s miscarriage.  However if they (writers) make TJ a full on misogynist that would be wildly out of character.

19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only good thing about about her is how good Eva LaRue looks in anything wardrobe has put her in so far.

That orange was just gorgeous on her!

16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Far from the only one. I think they're the most interesting (and sexy) thing on the show in years.

I love love love Nina and Drew right now.  They both just spark with each other and the actors look like they’re having fun!  When Nina said, “Curtis before you get in bed with Drew…” I loved how Drew waited with bated breath wondering how she would finish that sentence 😜.

Edited by Jenxee
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jenxee said:

Wow!  lol!  I don’t completely agree with TJ’s pov, I think it’s over the top.  But I do think he has valid concerns.  I also think this could be a manifestation of his grief over the first surrogate’s miscarriage.  However if they (writers) make TJ a full on misogynist that would be wildly out of character.

What valid concerns? This ASSHOLE has conveniently forgotten that he LIVED with Mooby and admired him; that Mooby PAID for his med school. And if? No, he’s FULL ON misogynist already.

Kristina could get hit by a car. But let’s just put her in a convent. Hidden from all her family on her dad’s side; isolated; tell her what to eat, when to eat, when to sleep.

This fuckwit seems to have also forgotten his bio dad’s ties to the mob.

And I haven’t forgotten about Felix’s sister, either! But he’s a guy, so it’s different, right?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I haven’t forgotten about Felix’s sister, either! But he’s a guy, so it’s different, right?

Eh, TJ was like sixteen when that happened, so that doesn't play into anything for me.  Doesn't mean he isn't being an absolute unreasonable asshole to Kristina.  Even Molly has had it with him, but god forbid something happens to Kristina and the baby within 500 yards of Sonny and he'll never stop the bitching.

I'm enjoying Nina and Drew and can only hope that Carly finds out so her head can explode.

• Like 9
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What valid concerns?

He’s right to be concerned about her being around Sonny while people are actively trying to kill him.  Is it realistic to expect Kristina to avoid Sonny?  No, but the concern is valid.  Remember his uncle was almost killed because he was standing too close to Sonny.  So I get his concern.  Another valid concern is will Kristina be able stick to clear cut boundaries after the child is born. He’s not the only person who has expressed that very valid concern (hello Alexis).  Constantly asking Kristina about her rest and food choices are over the top, but I’m not ready to label him a misogynist.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I might be the only one but I’m liking Nina and Drew. The actors play really well off of each other. 

Not the only one!

• Like 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kristina could get hit by a car. But let’s just put her in a convent. Hidden from all her family on her dad’s side; isolated; tell her what to eat, when to eat, when to sleep.

If she wasn't already a manager at Charlies, she could have taken the job as Cook at the Qs.

Nina and Drew are fine. The hate sex works and they could be a power couple when the hate goes away. Unlike when she was with Sonny, Drew gives a soft push so that Willow is more open to the idea and he stops Nina from going overboard when Willow gives her an opening.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Echoing others, but definitely not the only one. I don't want to jinx it because it's in its early stages, but they are, by far, my favorite GH pairing in years. I liked Sonny/Nina, but I'm so glad that is done and has made way for this. It's not only that their sex scenes are hot (which they are), but their interplay and chemistry outside of that are so sparkling and witty. Plus, their interactions with their friends and family have been gold. Curtis' perplexed expression today while watching their banter was hilarious. When Nina spilled the beans about the sex, Maxie said, "The what now?" Her deadpan delivery was so perfect. And their relationships with Willow add an interesting dynamic as well. And, as others have said, Carly's head will explode. She'll probably get all huffy and self-righteous. "How could you possibly forgive her?!" And I want Drew to be like, "Hello, the woman who's gotten married a billion times to the man who shot her in the head."

The show needs to end the Jordan/Drew chemistry testing. I'm very sorry if that relegates her to dealing with the "charming" (gag me) Brick, but the chemistry just isn't there. Also, there doesn't seem to be much story potential. What they need to do is bring back Portia's brother. He was hot and a good actor. There's a story they could mine there.

With how Natalia has acted her last few appearances - pissing people off right and left - I'd almost suspect they were setting up some Silas Clay-style mini-murder mystery for her. 

I think TJ has been a colossal jerk in the last few episodes, but he has a legitimate gripe and a right to concern himself with how Kristina is taking care of herself. It doesn't give him the right to micromanage her. If Kristina was drinking or doing something truly outrageous, his concerns might seem more valid, but he's whining about her going to a freaking bridal shower and getting into a verbal argument. I also think his worry about Sonny is legitimate. People keep bringing up that he paid for TJ's schooling, but that doesn't mean he can't be realistic about the danger Sonny presents. I, personally, don't care how hypocritical it makes a character, I enjoy anyone finally having a come to Jesus moment about Sonny (wish people would feel this way about Jason) and realizing how toxic his presence is. The problem - as Molly pointed out - is that it's too late for those concerns now. TJ can shift the blame and say Molly pressured him to make Kristina the surrogate. But, bottom line, he went along with it. He can't suddenly be all, "but what about your dangerous dad." It also doesn't make sense because Sonny is Molly's uncle. The show wants to underplay that, but he will always be in their lives, no matter what.

• Like 9
(edited)

For a character who was on the canvas for a cumulative nine years or so, wreaked a lot of havoc, is a sibling to GH's male lead and had pairings with three of its popular women (all of whom are still around), Ric Lansing has gone down in history as kind of a non-event. I rarely hear him mentioned or even alluded to by characters on the show. If Molly weren't there to remind me Ric had been a thing (by existing, not by talking about visits or calls with him), I might forget him.  

I'm not complaining, necessarily. Ric's first stint (2002-09) was a mess, and I never felt Rick Hearst was being given a decent character to play. With his second stint (2014-16), it felt as if they had brought a character back without having ideas to keep him occupied and vital. IIRC, he was never really written out. He just stopped appearing.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

IIRC, he was never really written out. He just stopped appearing.

I think that was by design. There was some scuttlebut at the time about him not being happy (who could blame him?) so when he got another gig, he just walked away with a ‘bye!’ Scene of Ric getting in the elevator. I loved it! Whether intentional or not, it felt like a big, fat FU to the GH and ABC brass 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

TJ is a loon. Please make the controlling behavior stop. I survived on Harvey's the first 6 months of my pregnancy because I couldn't keep anything else down.

TJ is acting like an abusive asshole. I can't take his whining. Something needs to happen with this pregnancy that knocks a bit of sense into him that he has to back the fuck off.

I did like Molly telling him that he may be a doctor, but he wasn't Kristina's doctor and he wasn't even the baby's doctor. 

(When I was on my first chemo protocol, peanut M&Ms were about the only thing I could stand, and my oncologist was like, "Have at it. It's more important that you eat something you don't barf up. We'll deal with any fallout later." And I was getting a teeny bit of protein from the peanuts!)

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm enjoying Nina and Drew and can only hope that Carly finds out so her head can explode.

I dislike the pairing because I hate Drew but Nina and Drew do have chemistry. It's icky, but it's there. He never had any with Carly. And the idea of her finding out, as well as Michael and Sonny and Willow, is hilarious. 

• Like 13
57 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

I dislike the pairing because I hate Drew but Nina and Drew do have chemistry. It's icky, but it's there. He never had any with Carly. And the idea of her finding out, as well as Michael and Sonny and Willow, is hilarious. 

I honestly don't think none would care except to make sure Drew hasn't lost his mind.

I'm so glad to see so  many people here loving Nina and Drew!  I never thought I would, but I do, I do!  They are so sexy, we have not had this.  Cynthia has revived a previously flopped recast in CM.  They are so good, and I absolutely love the screwball romance aspect of this.  Wow, we were really missing this on this show.

As for TJ, I'm sorry, I agree with those saying he is acting like a misogynistic pig.  And he is being abusive to Kristina.  What's really amazing he is pissed she got into an argument with Joss, because it's "not good for the baby" meanwhile she left his house more upset than ever!  Good job TJ!  As far as Sonny being dangerous, yeah okay, but Kristina could be in an accident.  You cannot lock up a pregnant woman, I'm sorry.  And if he's worried about her "boundaries" once the baby was born, he should never have agreed to this whole thing.  It's too late now and abusing her is not the solution.  The way he is acting I swear makes me wonder if they are getting him ready for Willow.  A controlling asshole, that's just her type!

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Echoing others, but definitely not the only one. I don't want to jinx it because it's in its early stages, but they are, by far, my favorite GH pairing in years. I liked Sonny/Nina, but I'm so glad that is done and has made way for this. It's not only that their sex scenes are hot (which they are), but their interplay and chemistry outside of that are so sparkling and witty. Plus, their interactions with their friends and family have been gold. Curtis' perplexed expression today while watching their banter was hilarious. When Nina spilled the beans about the sex, Maxie said, "The what now?" Her deadpan delivery was so perfect. And their relationships with Willow add an interesting dynamic as well. And, as others have said, Carly's head will explode. She'll probably get all huffy and self-righteous. "How could you possibly forgive her?!" And I want Drew to be like, "Hello, the woman who's gotten married a billion times to the man who shot her in the head."

The show needs to end the Jordan/Drew chemistry testing. I'm very sorry if that relegates her to dealing with the "charming" (gag me) Brick, but the chemistry just isn't there. Also, there doesn't seem to be much story potential. What they need to do is bring back Portia's brother. He was hot and a good actor. There's a story they could mine there.

I agree they need to drop the idea of a Jordan/Drew pairing.  They hit on something with Drew and Nina, that not only is hot, but has kind of a screwball comedy aspect to it.  And they will never replicate that.  Go with it.  Just go with it.  And Jordan was incredibly hot with Portia's brother, bring him back.  I refuse to entertain her with Brick.  I think she may work with Jagger, once they get over this idea that Jagger and Carly are going to some kind of hot couple, which isn't happening.  So Jordan has options, and they are underusing her, but no to her and Drew. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No character should be wasted on Jordan AFAIC. Jordan has never had much of a personality, no matter who played her. She spent her first year on the show hopscotching between the cops and the mob while burbling about how torn she was (which Vinessa Antoine did her best to make work) and then got relegated to Black C-stories for years. She (like Curtis) is only still here because FV refuses to part with spent characters that fit into his obsessive framing of the show IMO. And TH just can't act. So while I'd love to see Zeke again, I definitely don't want him wasted on her. Just write her out. Write most of the family out (including T.J. and Molly), leave Portia, Trina and Stella, and bring back some Wards and open up the Asian Quarter to start re-diversifying the show. It's not that deep and doesn't have to be this difficult unless the FV allergy to change beyond his hyper-focused control set remains in place. If it is, we'll see.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, jsbt said:

No character should be wasted on Jordan AFAIC. Jordan has never had much of a personality, no matter who played her. She spent her first year on the show hopscotching between the cops and the mob while burbling about how torn she was (which Vinessa Antoine did her best to make work) and then got relegated to Black C-stories for years. She (like Curtis) is only still here because FV refuses to part with spent characters that fit into his obsessive framing of the show IMO. And TH just can't act. So while I'd love to see Zeke again, I definitely don't want him wasted on her. Just write her out. Write most of the family out (including T.J. and Molly), leave Portia, Trina and Stella, and bring back some Wards and open up the Asian Quarter to start re-diversifying the show. It's not that deep and doesn't have to be this difficult unless the FV allergy to change beyond his hyper-focused control set remains in place. If it is, we'll see.

I agree with many of your views, but man are we on different pages about Tanisha!  

I love your idea of bringing back some of the Wards, and of getting back to the Asian Quarter though.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I agree they need to drop the idea of a Jordan/Drew pairing.  They hit on something with Drew and Nina, that not only is hot, but has kind of a screwball comedy aspect to it.

I definitely agree about the screwball aspect. There was a scene a few weeks ago where Nina was having computer issues and Drew came to her office and helped her out with it. Afterward, she immediately started talking a mile a minute about something, and Drew rolled his eyes. It wasn't in a "God, I hate you" way,  but more like "Oh, that Nina." It reminded me of old-school Kevin and Lucy. The more laid-back with his troublemaking, flighty partner who exasperates him, but he loves anyway.  Drew even has a serial killing twin, too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I definitely agree about the screwball aspect. There was a scene a few weeks ago where Nina was having computer issues and Drew came to her office and helped her out with it. Afterward, she immediately started talking a mile a minute about something, and Drew rolled his eyes. It wasn't in a "God, I hate you" way,  but more like "Oh, that Nina." It reminded me of old-school Kevin and Lucy. The more laid-back with his troublemaking, flighty partner who exasperates him, but he loves anyway.  Drew even has a serial killing twin, too.

IIRC Patrick Mulcahey was there to help the early crafting of Watros' signature GL character which made her a soap star (Annie Dutton). I don't know that he did much of the material where she became a total psycho and CW's star began to soar, but he's clearly been aware and enamored of her, and it's given both characters a new lease on life for me where I have spent most of the last decade wanting Nina gone immediately after she first arrived on the show.

Further, they have Cameron back to playing material he has always been good at including in his early AMC days, the sort of cavalier, debonair hunk with a mischievous twinkle in his eye vs. being too sanctimonious or surly. I've never had a problem with CM, I've had a problem with the material he's too often been given later on AMC and previously on GH which was not in his wheelhouse. If you let him play a fun guy who is either up to a bit of mischief (or he could go full rake with mother and daughter, which I think CM could pull off) or is just a decent heroic soap hunk he can do that pretty well. I felt that way when he first came on strong in his first few months and I feel that way now, though it's two different kinds of Drew at two different times.

Also they should never let him shave again, just saying.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Weird things from today's episode:

-The kids are supposedly on spring break but it's not March, it's May.

-Maxie tells BLQ that Bailey is with Felicia, but in the next scene, Felicia is at work at the hospital.

-Willow gets a call from Liz to pick up Aiden, who turns out to be a different actor than he was yesterday. Liz is really that tight with Willow?  Also new, nuGeorgie.

Good things from today: Lois becoming the spokesperson and Lucy agreeing to it and not making a stink.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

-Maxie tells BLQ that Bailey is with Felicia, but in the next scene, Felicia is at work at the hospital.

The Frank Valentini block-taping special!

• LOL 5
(edited)
37 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

-Willow gets a call from Liz to pick up Aiden, who turns out to be a different actor than he was yesterday. Liz is really that tight with Willow?  Also new, nuGeorgie.

For sure the continuity issues were way weird today. I didn't notice it being a different Aiden actor though, seem like the same to me. (OK on second look, he is different or is he WednesdayAiden's brother?)

Also the nurses finishing an overnight shift and it is almost lunch time???  GH must have weird shift times.

Also isn't Aiden old enough to go home by himself. It just seemed kind of weird that he ended up over a the Q's for lunch (unless he will be the next new cook LOL!) Is GH trying to save money by having the tutor one day so they have to have all the kids on the same day.

I liked the James actor, I thought it was hilarious when he was talking about how the creme didn't work.

ETA: Olivia was worried about the kids seeing Cody and Sasha getting it on, and it was Willow and Michael almost caught in  lunchtime sex. At least they were in bed, not on the couch. Georgie and Aiden's look to each other was funny.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

As for TJ, I'm sorry, I agree with those saying he is acting like a misogynistic pig.  And he is being abusive to Kristina.  What's really amazing he is pissed she got into an argument with Joss, because it's "not good for the baby" meanwhile she left his house more upset than ever!  Good job TJ!  As far as Sonny being dangerous, yeah okay, but Kristina could be in an accident.  You cannot lock up a pregnant woman, I'm sorry.  And if he's worried about her "boundaries" once the baby was born, he should never have agreed to this whole thing.  It's too late now and abusing her is not the solution.  

Thank you! He's also dancing right on the line of disrespect/abuse toward Molly as well. Yes, it's true Curtis was shot standing near Sonny. But it's also true that TJ's bio father, with whom he has a good relationship, used to work for Sonny. He even went to jail to protect Sonny. It's also true that tween Michael was shot in the head because he was standing near Sonny, and that Morgan, Kristina's brother/Molly's cousin whom TJ knew/considered a sorta friend, is presumed dead from a Mob car bomb.  TJ knows all of this because he and Molly started dating when they were teenagers. So for TJ to now act like Kristina spending time around Sonny is unacceptable because he lives a dangerous life, is absurd. Molly is also Sonny's family. What's he going to do next, tell his beloved "domestic partner" she is forbidden from ever letting her uncle see their baby? 

Speaking of boundaries, I'm unclear on something because I missed the beginning of this storyline. Did TJ/Molly/Alexis have Kristina sign legal paperwork spelling out that she is the surrogate and will give the baby to TJ and Molly at birth? I also wonder about Molly's legal rights because she is his domestic partner but not his wife, and the baby is Kristina's biological child.

It seems like that domestic partnership is doomed. TJ wants Molly to unconditonally agree with him regarding the baby. When she left their home, her body language spelled out "I don't even like you right now, let alone love you." His body language spelled out that he is clearly not okay with Molly having independent thoughts as a parent-to-be. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Last week in NY schools were off for spring recess.

Aiden doesn't need to be picked up and fed. He is old enough that he can get home and as a baker, I am sure he knows how to use the oven and make himself a meal. However, it gave him a chance to talk shop with Sasha.

I am glad dilettante BLQ was not going to be the spokesperson for Deception.

Why am I having fears that something is going to happen to Tracy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of boundaries, I'm unclear on something because I missed the beginning of this storyline. Did TJ/Molly/Alexis have Kristina sign legal paperwork spelling out that she is the surrogate and will give the baby to TJ and Molly at birth? I also wonder about Molly's legal rights because she is his domestic partner but not his wife, and the baby is Kristina's biological child.

Molly has zero rights to the baby because in NY, Kristina has to sign away her parental right when the baby is born and then Molly has to adopt the baby. It is why Alexis thought it was not a great idea and she tried telling Molly and Kristina to think about it before they moved ahead with the surogacy.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

(OK on second look, he is different or is he WednesdayAiden's brother?)

He looked A LOT like yesterday's Aiden that it took me a minute to figure out it wasn't him.  So either he was a one day replacement or they're  gearing up for a bullying story that WedAiden can't handle.  

17 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Also isn't Aiden old enough to go home by himself.

He's 14 so yes.  But apparently he had to wait for Jake to pick him up at the mansion, which means Jake drives but why couldn't Jake pick him up directly from the library rather than at the Qs.  So dumb.  

6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Why am I having fears that something is going to happen to Tracy.

The anvil is on Gregory (and that's all I'll say for those who are spoiler free)

9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of boundaries, I'm unclear on something because I missed the beginning of this storyline. Did TJ/Molly/Alexis have Kristina sign legal paperwork spelling out that she is the surrogate and will give the baby to TJ and Molly at birth?

There was one scene with Alexis where she said they should sign some sort of contract, but then it was never followed up, so likely not.  

• Like 3

I wish they'd kept Sasha confident about her cooking skills. It's no fun watching her beat herself up before she's even really proven herself. I also hate they're having everyone she's serving food to look at it as if it's barely edible. She's not using molecular gastronomy techniques, FFS.

9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Also the nurses finishing an overnight shift and it is almost lunch time???  GH must have weird shift times.

I think everyone was staying late until replacement nurses could be found; the hospital was understaffed for some reason.

• Like 1

Oh look all those kids were almost going to walk in on Michael and Willow having sex. What would Olivia had told them since she deemed that Sasha isn't allow to have sex in her room when she is not working.

The New Tomorrow Institute sounds like the name of a cult.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd kept Sasha confident about her cooking skills. It's no fun watching her beat herself up before she's even really proven herself. I also hate they're having everyone she's serving food to look at it as if it's barely edible. She's not using molecular gastronomy techniques, FFS.

To be fair, her last two meals look plain as can be. White spaghettie and a piece of bread/pound cake.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Oh look all those kids were almost going to walk in on Michael and Willow having sex. What would Olivia had told them since she deemed that Sasha isn't allow to have sex in her room when she is not working.

Silly nilyank! Willow and the SLS are married! So they're allowed to have sex! And that alone is enough for the kids not to be traumatized.🙄

• LOL 5
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Molly has zero rights to the baby because in NY, Kristina has to sign away her parental right when the baby is born and then Molly has to adopt the baby. It is why Alexis thought it was not a great idea and she tried telling Molly and Kristina to think about it before they moved ahead with the surogacy.

Thanks for the info! Yikes!! So if Kristina doesn't sign away her parental right at birth, TJ as the biological father has to take her to court to settle things?

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Thanks for the info! Yikes!! So if Kristina doesn't sign away her parental right at birth, TJ as the biological father has to take her to court to settle things?

Yep which is why I fear an ugly custody suit if the baby is born.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, nilyank said:

To be fair, her last two meals look plain as can be. White spaghettie and a piece of bread/pound cake.

Then tell Sasha the kids should get a simpler menu. It shouldn't be that much extra work for her.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Lois becoming the spokesperson

Seriously?   This is more annoying than Lucy and her endless self-promotion.  Gum-cracking Lois with her Fran Drescher voice. 

Are they doing something like the Baby M case from the '80's?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_M

Where the surrogate kept the baby, even though the adoptive dad was the father.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Are they doing something like the Baby M case from the '80's? 

9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Where the surrogate kept the baby, even though the adoptive dad was the father.

IF Kristina doesn't lose the baby, I suspect we will be getting some kind of custody fight. Because yesterday, or was it Tuesday? Kristina referred to the baby as "my baby" and that the baby might "take after me" which had Alexis raising her eyebrows.

• Like 6

Even with my French I know gateaux soleil is sun cake. The recipe looks like it is a puff pastry and it wounded like Sasha stuffed it with all the fridge leftovers. But it looked like Tracey was just eating a piece of pound cake. Honestly I would be very happy if I could afford a cook that just made me cakes everyday 🤣

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Even with my French I know gateaux soleil is sun cake. The recipe looks like it is a puff pastry and it wounded like Sasha stuffed it with all the fridge leftovers. But it looked like Tracey was just eating a piece of pound cake. Honestly I would be very happy if I could afford a cook that just made me cakes everyday 🤣

I heard "gateaux salé," which makes more sense. https://www.saveur.com/culture/french-savory-cake/

That would kind of work as a fancy one-dish lunch. (But I think the prop guys just cut up a few Sara Lee pound cakes.)

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, CeChase said:

Cynthia has revived a previously flopped recast in CM. 

She certainly has, right after reviving a dead as a doornail Sonny.

The actress is a treasure and I hope GH recognizes it.

• Like 5
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I heard "gateaux salé," which makes more sense. 

That's what I heard as well.

If Sasha knows about these kinds of dishes, there's absolutely no reason for her to be such a downer about getting the job. At least Tracy was impressed and let Sasha know all was good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On Thursday’s show, I was amused that Nina let slip to Max that she was sleeping with Drew. I’m still not sure how I feel about Nina and Drew together given their hate of each other and him basically threatening her at least once, but it’s interesting for sure

• Like 6
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

Further, they have Cameron back to playing material he has always been good at including in his early AMC days, the sort of cavalier, debonair hunk with a mischievous twinkle in his eye vs. being too sanctimonious or surly. I've never had a problem with CM, I've had a problem with the material he's too often been given later on AMC and previously on GH which was not in his wheelhouse

I’ve never had a problem with CM, either. And, thinking about his early AMC days, not only do Nina/Drew remind me of Kevin/Lucy, but they remind a bit of Ryan/Gillian, too. 

• Like 4

So Sasha is the new cook and Cody has added babysitter to his stable boy job. And they have the kids, even Georgie, bitching about the new cook. Since when is Georgie accustomed to having a cook besides her mother and grandmother? 

I saw the Lois getting involved with Deception coming weeks ago, but didn’t think she’d be the new spokeswoman. She was surprisingly good and toned down. Maybe this job will be good for her.

how is it possible that the same writers are responsible for TJ and also for Gregory and Tracy? Todays scenes with them were pure gold! I’d be perfectly fine if someone came up with a miraculous cure for Gregory so he could stick around and be with Tracy, whether as a romantic partner or just a friend.

• Like 9

Today was a messed up episode, courtesy of Asshole’s blocked taping, per @jsbt. Today we had Willow looking at the nonprofit brochure, yet yesterday she told Drew she would do it.

This was me when I saw the schlubby body of the SLS:

Eyes Reaction GIF

• LOL 7

Never mind the fact that it's eyerolling that the people who live or eat at the Q mansion--many of whom are kids, apparently--would expect fine dining for their meals (especially lunch), but I'm laughing at the notion that Olivia was making anything in the realm of what Sasha did today.  If anything, everyone should be thankful for a break from every type of pasta covered with cheese and marinara.

• Like 4

Why does Georgie get to get rude over the new cook? Her mother was broke no? 

Sasha job is cooking but instead in living room doing acting lessons? 

Bailey should have been left with Brooklyn. She doesn't even exist with Maxie since she was taken back. 

Felicia forget she abandoned her children? Her I couldn't leave them so little was a joke. 

Jason being back ease her financial burden? He's been a deadbeat but now Michael will say hin back will ease the burden? She's worked and raised 3 boys on her own. 

• Like 6

Will Felicia be arrested for having left Bailey in the car all day?  Maxie sure thinks her mother is looking after her invisible child.

I love kids, but felt a bit overwhelmed by them today.  It didn't help that we got a new Aiden and a fill-in Georgie on the same day, which made for more confusion and also made me agree with Tracy when she referenced Aiden as "someone else's child".  Was Leo--the only kid who lives in the house---there?

I liked that we still saw a little bit of an edge to Tracy with her criticism of Sasha's hiring, had been worried that they were overdoing the softness, because that's not Tracy.  Loved her conversation with Gregory, and hope we'll get quite a few more. 

The Deception thing was lightweight but, for me, it was also the kind of thing that makes Deception feel like a real business, where real work is being done, in a way that just having people sit at a desk in a corporate office does not.  

• Like 4
(edited)

I'm another who thought Cameron Lewis didn't really work. At the time, I suspected he was an attempt at "three birds with one stone":

• Fleshing out Zander's history, during a period when Show still seemed mildly interested in Zander. Cameron's arrival in town was initially set up by Zander telling Liz about his surprisingly posh background while the two of them were imprisoned by Rosco in the crypt. 
  • Providing a potential new love interest for Alexis after the controversial end of Sexis, and seeing if lightning might strike twice for NLG and LD. 
  • Adding another Friend of Jill to the ranks. We joke a lot about FV running into people in the parking lot or the elevator and giving them roles, but in her first couple years at the helm, Jill Farren Phelps was really dotting the show with soap stars with whom she had history (J. Buchanan, Kelker-Kelly, Dano, R. Christopher, Davies, maybe others I'm forgetting).

Looking at Davies's duration by air dates, I'm a little surprised Cameron lasted 15 months. If I were going purely on memory and significant scenes involving him, I'd have guessed about six.

Anyway, good for him, getting a second chance. I hope his new role goes better, and I'm sure he'll be a completely new face to a lot of GH viewers. It isn't like Howarth starting on his third GH character when the second one's grave was still fresh.

Edited by Asp Burger
Belatedly fixing Lane Davies's last name.
  • Like 5