Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Oh, do journalists accuse ALL women of screeching and hysteria, Meh-Gun? Do they? Somebody kinda sensitive about that. 

I really appreciate that the other women are working hard to keep Meh-Gun focused on the topics at hand.

I believe the word "screeching" pushed her special button. 

• Love 17
48 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And this is the reason why I don't think she should step down. Her track record is a good one and she helped organize the event. Is it a distraction, sure, but only for those who want the movement to end.

I respectfully disagree. I find it a distraction, but I do not want the movement to end, I just believe that she should step down. Right before she posted that picture with Farrakhan, she attended his sermon, where he preached, "The powerful jews are my enemy."  and "God pulled the cover off of that Satanic Jew and I'm here to say your time is up, your world is through." At that same sermon, he also said, " "how the Jews were responsible for all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out turning men into women and women into men.” After saying these words, after his sermon she took a picture and said he was GOAT. The greatest of all time.

I understand the position that he has done a lot for the black community and her own family, but to post to social media, that this man is the greatest of all time, when he just delivered a sermon full of hate like that, there seems to be a disconnect there, and I think it is a valid feeling for people of Jewish faith and/or the LGBT community to question her own beliefs, and ask for a clear concise statement on exactly which views she does and does not support.

Not to mention, this man in one of his most famous sermons in March of 1984 called Adolf Hitler a good man. This same man, has also wished death upon homosexuals, and attacked Obama for his stance on "gay marriage."

Having just listened to the interview with Don Lemmon last week, on homophobia, and the responsibility and the message that celebrities and people with a platform have, I believe she should step down.

14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Does anyone know what political party the giant potato belongs to?  Asking for a friend.

It is likely that Mrs. Potato Head is from Idaho, and so she is republican. But wait, I'm sorry, I am painting a broad brush over all Idaho potatoes. :)

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I loved Joy saying she's her father's daughter 😆. 

And she said his name, "DINO'S!"    I may know that because I love my closed-captioning.

48 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan you stupid twat.  Toxic masculinity is not wanting to be a fighter pilot.

Obviously you DO need a "shaving company" to tell you that!

26 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I believe the word "screeching" pushed her special button. 

That is one UNAWARE screeching bundle of toxic....toxic...toxic something.   ("Waste" comes to mind.)

• Love 19

WHAT was Whoopi wearing?  It looked like an old paint shirt.  Maybe she was painting her dressing room just before the show?

Meagan has a major chip on her shoulder.  She's angry 99% of the time on the show.  I hope for her sake she is getting some help, she seems like a miserable person who is never happy.

And I was disappointed that they didn't talk about the Clemson players at the WH.  They could have left out the sorority story, it really didn't seem that important (at least to me).

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And she said his name, "DINO'S!"    I may know that because I love my closed-captioning.

I knew she said his name but missed it.  It really did make me laugh. 😂 I'm so embarrassed for Meghan how can she look back on that and not cringe.

"I'm John McCain daughter and can't stand racism!" What the actual fuck? Lol. 

Most of the laughs I get are from you all. But Meghan "the fucken potato" slamming her had and saying that has me still giggling. 

• Love 13

Don't care about Greek life and zoned out on the whole topic.  I think Greek houses perpetuate and highlight the separation of groups.

Toxic masculinity - OMG!  How anyone could take a message of "Do the right thing" and make it anti-male is just stupid.  Did I hear right that MM said that she and Sunny like "bad boys"?  My partner is a tatted up biker and is the most empathetic, well-mannered person I know.  I am shocked that I am putting both MM and Sunny in the same category on this topic.  Sunny has let me down but it is par for the course of her and her relationship, as she tells it, with her husband.

Loved when MM said the audience was booing her.  Maybe she heard us all through our TVs.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 20

I have so much in common with Joy! I too had ( about same time) ectopic pregnancy was hemoraging and surgeon was denied the ability to sterilize me for the same reason. I had at that time had 5 pregnancies with 2 living children and had RH - blood.  Cracker Jack OBGYN  removed burst tube on one side and “cystic” ovary on other. Think I was 31-32 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Toxic masculinity - OMG!  How anyone could take a message of "Do the right thing" and make it anti-male is just stupid.  Did I hear right that MM said that she and Sunny like "bad boys"?  My partner is a tatted up biker and is the most empathetic, well-mannered person I know.  I am shocked that I am putting both MM and Sunny in the same category on this topic.  Sunny has let me down but it is par for the course of her and her relationship, as she tells it, with her husband.

Sunny's husband is a doctor.  Not really sure he is a bad boy. And as far as Meghan's husband goes, I all I can say about him is he is just bad.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I respectfully disagree. I find it a distraction, but I do not want the movement to end, I just believe that she should step down. Right before she posted that picture with Farrakhan, she attended his sermon, where he preached, "The powerful jews are my enemy."  and "God pulled the cover off of that Satanic Jew and I'm here to say your time is up, your world is through." At that same sermon, he also said, " "how the Jews were responsible for all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out turning men into women and women into men.” After saying these words, after his sermon she took a picture and said he was GOAT. The greatest of all time.

I understand the position that he has done a lot for the black community and her own family, but to post to social media, that this man is the greatest of all time, when he just delivered a sermon full of hate like that, there seems to be a disconnect there, and I think it is a valid feeling for people of Jewish faith and/or the LGBT community to question her own beliefs, and ask for a clear concise statement on exactly which views she does and does not support.

Not to mention, this man in one of his most famous sermons in March of 1984 called Adolf Hitler a good man. This same man, has also wished death upon homosexuals, and attacked Obama for his stance on "gay marriage."

Having just listened to the interview with Don Lemmon last week, on homophobia, and the responsibility and the message that celebrities and people with a platform have, I believe she should step down.

I agree that what he said wasn't right and that it was a misstep for her to post that insta message. But does his words negate all of the good that she has done? That is what I'm having trouble dealing with. She has said that she doesn't agree with his views, apologized and said that she is an advocate to ending hate for all groups, she also explained the context of the instagram message. It's similar to Linda Sarsour, who has been blasted for being anti-Semitic for supporting the BDS movement even though she's Palestinian.

If she steps down for this, then whatever, but this won't be the end of people finding stuff on the founders of the Women's March on things that they didn't do in order to tear down the movement.

ps. I've been enjoying our discussion and the discussions on the forum. I'm part of another one and whenever you post something that goes against the grain you just get attacked without any discussion taking place.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I have so much in common with Joy! I too had ( about same time) ectopic pregnancy was hemoraging and surgeon was denied the ability to sterilize me for the same reason. I had at that time had 5 pregnancies with 2 living children and had RH - blood.  Cracker Jack OBGYN  removed burst tube on one side and “cystic” ovary on other. Think I was 31-32 

I had an ectopic pregnancy and hemorrhaging so had emergency surgery the same day i went to the dr, cuz i hadnt been feeling well for a few weeks.

I didn't know i was pregnant, cuz i was 43 and had been spotting, but thought it might have been early / /perimenopause.

I was 7 weeks along. After, The surgeon said i had about a 10-15% chance to become pregnant again.  Didn't happen.  

I had one child , but would have liked more. I did foster care after.  Makes me feel more akin to Joy to know about her tubal pregnancy.

MM was a fool to being up her dad's name so close to MLK Day, or any time, for not knowing his voting record.  She truly is beyond hope. 

With her actions today,  MM is becoming a bigger joke.

She can be the meme/gif/ poster child for entitled, stupid children of anyone with a modicum of celebrity/ name recognition. 

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And I was disappointed that they didn't talk about the Clemson players at the WH.  They could have left out the sorority story, it really didn't seem that important (at least to me).

Oh, I so agree!! Very disappointed.

I also don't know why Sunny had to wear the shirt with the year the sorority was founded.  They say they decide on the topics in their "morning meeting", so she sure got that shirt fast enough to wear on the air! It really was a waste of time.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Grundoon59 said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster (in this forum).  I agree with most of the comments here but did appreciate one sweet moment today - Whoopi's tribute to Carol Channing.  I saw her on stage in the 1970s, grew up on her cast albums and was lucky enough to be in a small theater audience with her in London in the early 80s.  She came in just as the curtain went up on an intermissionless show so she didn't cause a distraction but was gracious to all of us as we exited. While we showered her with compliments, she praised the show and performers (deservedly).  A class act and we need more of them these days. I was glad Whoopi recognized her.

What an awesome memory to have! I just knew she was as awesome in person as she was in interviews (and on stage of course!)

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan talks over Joy who is describing her ectopic pregnancy.  She won't shut up.  Then she says, "I've never been pregnant.  I don't know anything about it."  THEN SHUT UP!  JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!

Shoot, that must have been when I left the room for a bit. Wish I had heard the conversation since my daughter had an ectopic pregnancy (first pgcy) just before Thanksgiving. Thank to you all who shared your own experience. 

Neither Meghan or Sunny understood the message of that ad or what toxic masculinity means. Funny that it was Whoopi of all people to get it. 

• Love 13

Chelsea Janes the reporter they were talking about just switched to covering politics (within the last month) she use to be the Washington Post beat reporter for Nationals.  I think it was a poor mistake hopefully she learns from it since she is a good reporter.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Neither Meghan or Sunny understood the message of that ad or what toxic masculinity means. Funny that it was Whoopi of all people to get it. 

Sunny starting talking about her husband telling their son it's OK to cry and I'm like WTF is she talking about.  And then Meghan with her likening toxic masculinity to men liking guns and blah blah blah.  

Toxic masculinity is not that hard to understand and yet those two women didn't understand it. I guess that commercial really is needed.

• Love 20
53 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I also don't know why Sunny had to wear the shirt with the year the sorority was founded.  They say they decide on the topics in their "morning meeting", so she sure got that shirt fast enough to wear on the air! It really was a waste of time.

today is the anniversary. the sorority was founded on january 15, 1908

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

someone criticized SUnny on twitter about not knowing the "sweet Caroline"  song.

I like Sunny's response: 

Seems she's frustrated at being interrupted.  

Side note: On what planet do people say "whoa whoa whoa" during that song?? In my area, it's always been more like "bah bah bah."

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Side note: On what planet do people say "whoa whoa whoa" during that song?? In my area, it's always been more like "bah bah bah."

I thought Sunny probably just heard wrong, but she's closer to yours--or "bum bum,bum", which is what I've always heard--like the singers are mimicking the instrumentation. 

Never heard "whoa whoa whoa", and I've heard that song by a crowd, many, many times. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

"I don't like virtue signaling by corporations in general. All the men in my family are in the military, we shoot guns," blah, blah, BLAH.

Meghan really needs to educate herself. Also, she doesn't understand what toxic masculinity is. That is all.

I posted this in another forum, but I think the comments after this video are very indicative that many, many people don't "get" it, or want to. 

https://youtu.be/koPmuEyP3a0

Ps this has been upvoted 140K times and downvoted 442K times.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Don't care about Greek life and zoned out on the whole topic.  I think Greek houses perpetuate and highlight the separation of groups.

Loved when MM said the audience was booing her.  Maybe she heard us all through our TVs.

I thought of that and got a little thrill of power. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

It is likely that Mrs. Potato Head is from Idaho, and so she is republican. But wait, I'm sorry, I am painting a broad brush over all Idaho potatoes. :)

1000x yes. 

And, I want the movement to grow 1 million-fold.

• Love 7

It was annoying because I think Abby and Sunny were trying to have a real (though difficult) conversation. Abby wasn't being petulant when she asked if 42% of people who want a wall are racist, and Sunny wasn't evasive when she said "that's a good question; I don't know." But then we got three minutes of JOHN McCAIN'S DAUGHTER yelling again.

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

It was annoying because I think Abby and Sunny were trying to have a real (though difficult) conversation. Abby wasn't being petulant when she asked if 42% of people who want a wall are racist, and Sunny wasn't evasive when she said "that's a good question; I don't know." But then we got three minutes of JOHN McCAIN'S DAUGHTER yelling again.

That's the most maddening part of The View these days. It could be a place for insightful conversations, but instead it devolves into tantrums, logical fallacies, and contempt.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

One of the reasons the Women's March was founded was because of the attack on reproductive rights.  Why on earth would they welcome an organization that seeks to continue to undermine women's reproductive rights?  Meghan should have and probably did know that but she just wanted to be antagonistic and trot out her go to stance of nobody likes me because I'm a conservative.

I don't know. I think people give her too much credit. I really do think she's dumb as a post. 

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

“I am John McCain’s daughter,” McCain yelled, bristling with rage. “I am not someone who sits here and is okay with racism.”

McCain’s father voted against establishing Martin Luther King Day as a federal holiday and also voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1990." 

Can somebody tweet this to Meh-Gun?

• Love 13

Meghan  lives in her own little world.  

The question was about diversity in journalism, and a reporter covering a black sorority and making a comment out of ignorance.   

Immediately, Meghan wanted to talk about gun owners?!?!?!   when journalists cover stories about guns, they should get someone who knows about guns.

GUN OWNERS are a protected minority group now? poor misunderstood gun owners!!

no surprise that she hated the Gillette ad.  She did the same straw man argument as above -  as if the ad was AGAINST masculine men who join the military, me who are tough.   NO, the ad was about men standing up and telling other men not to treat women poorly. she put some other message into it, and argued with what she imagined the ad was saying.  

I am certain that if Meghan was allowed to keep going, she would say that the ad was against gun ownership, against heterosexual men, and is liberal propaganda. 

Oh, and no surprise, but there is a conservative backlash against Gillette, saying the commercial is "feminizing"  men. 

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I was really, really interested in the Abby/Sunny discussion on the nature of the Trump Republicans. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, debbie311 said:

WHAT was Whoopi wearing?  It looked like an old paint shirt.  Maybe she was painting her dressing room just before the show?

I also wonder just how many of those white blouses she has..she wears them under other things a lot.

rps20190115_162846.jpg

• Love 4

Guys Guys Guys...did you all know that Abbey's father is a big wig ambassador in Russia?  She said so today. I was very impressed. She said it within the first 4 minutes of the show.....Yeah, I broke down and watched a little bit of it today HELP. 

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I had to go back over it to understand WTF Meghan got so upset about.  

Sunny says the WALL is a dog whistle, not wanting black or brown people in the country.

Abby says 42% of  the country supports the wall - are 42% of Americans racist?

Sunny says it's a good question, Abby says, "I'm asking you?"  Sunny asks "is Donald rump racist?" 

Then Meghan launches into a lecture about identity politics  and not painting people with a broad brush.   Meghan keeps going, on the assumption that someone had SAID 42% of Americans support the wall and are therefore racist.  Joy tries to talk, Meghan isn't letting her be heard. 

WHoopi shuts it down, says everyone is talking at once. 

Joy says "can I make my point?"  WHoopi says - make your point.

Joy  starts to talk, about not focusing on Steve King, but on racism, Meghan cuts her off.  Abby asks if she can make a point, Joy says "I'm not done",  Meghan says, "well you did call  42% of the country, the implication is that they are racist,, republicans in general, which obviously is something that makes Abby and I uncomfortable.   (NO!  JOY DIDN"T SAY THAT!)  

Joy has to yell her point, which is that repubs need to check the platform, not the person.  

THAT is what prompted Meghan to yell "I am JOHN MCCAIN"S DAUGHTER! I am not someone who sits here and is OK with racism!!!"   

Meghan takes the simple statement that building a wall to keep Mexicans out has racist implications, and does a classic "straw man argument."  She draws a false conclusion about what "the other side"  is saying, and refutes that instead of refuting what they actually said.   

To illustrate her faulty logic (because I really don't feel like doing my work): 

You  say the wall is racist, therefore anyone supporting the wall is racist, therefore all republicans are racist, therefore I am racist.  I'm a republican, I'm not racist, therefore you are wrong, and the wall is not racist!   

she needs to go back to college and take a class in logic.

Brava @tinkerbell, Brava!!!  This whole discussion was ridiculous and you just laid out why.  I was trying to figure out how it went from where it started to NutMeg screeching that Joy called her and Abby racists!

Of note, in the midst of her screeching, NutMeg actually said she does not support the wall.

I never got why she was so angry right from the beginning, shouting about Steve King and then wanting Show to rise above it, speak no more of it and elevate the conversation to somewhere else where he political analysis can be front and centre.  Why does she keep harping that they shouldn't talk about certain things when obviously they agreed to talk about them in their so often referenced hot topics meeting?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What the hell was she talking about? Seriously,  she went on and on about guns and the man stopping the shooter. She doesn't understand  Toxic Masculinity? Of course Whoopi had to then soothe the big baby and reassure her she wasn't being booed.  

And yes Meghan you should be reminded everyday not to be a jerk.

As a gay guy, no issues with the commercial...can we have one on toxic femininity?  Meghan would be the perfect spokesperson/ example to use..plenty of clips :)

In regards to the Male birth control studies...if u frame it that it would help prevent a girl from getting knocked up..they'll be motivated lol. I cant tell upi how many girls I know that stop taking the pill, or take it wrong, etc. without mentioning it to a guy.  Frame it like that, guys will step on up to take it....side effects are better than an unwanted child.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 9