Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

How did I miss Abby recommendation do Dirty John ? What was it in context to?  I was addicted to the case also, plus the creep was originally from my home town. 

It was in "Abby context," which doesn't always make sense--within the "Red Flag" discussion...what negatives to look for in your man--just before Ana mentioned that her fiance is a "heterosexual Liberace."  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:
On 1/17/2019 at 11:27 PM, MsTree said:

Fairly new "View-er" here, so apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but seriously...is Whoopi 3-years old? How childish is it not to say Trump's name?  She says "the guy in the White House" or "the (whatever) one" instead of his last name. I can understand if she doesn't want to call him (her) president, but come on...stop acting like baby, Whoopi. Nobody's forcing you to address Trump with a prefix (Mister or President), but not using his last name is silly for a grown woman.

I love that she does that.   She doesn't accept that he's a legit president, so she won't call him "president."  

Nobody's asking her to call him "president". He has a surname. It's not difficult to pronounce.

• Love 2

It annoys me when Whoopi doesn't say his name only because I think there are people out there who don't watch The View regularly (and may not realize she doesn't say his name, causing confusion) as well as people for whom English is not their first language (it was said recently people watch it overseas on Youtube) and they may not realize who she's talking about.  The "guy in the White House" is not too bad, but when she says "the new guy," I'm sure there are people out there who have to think about to whom she's referring.  Like Joy said this week, he's not "new" anymore. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5

My theory for Whoopi's  trump euphamisms is that, even though she NEVER lets go of anything she thinks brands her, it's also one of her zillion time-fillers. There's always a thoughtful pause after she says it which helps her avoid having to misread the teleprompter for an extra few seconds.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It annoys me when Whoopi doesn't say his name only because I think there are people out there who don't watch The View regularly (and may not realize she doesn't say his name, causing confusion) as well as people for whom English is not their first language (it was said recently people watch it overseas on Youtube) and they may not realize who she's talking about.  The "guy in the White House" is not too bad, but when she says "the new guy," I'm sure there are people out there who have to think about to whom she's referring.  Like Joy said this week, he's not "new" anymore. 

I agree, it is annoying and extremely unprofessional in my opinion. The View is part of ABC News so the “experts” on the panel should behave accordingly. Whoopi is a just being immature.  She can’t get over the fact that Trump won the election and won’t let anyone forget it. Instead of getting angry, she should proactively work towards promoting  a candidate who could replace Trump in 2020.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It annoys me when Whoopi doesn't say his name only because I think there are people out there who don't watch The View regularly (and may not realize she doesn't say his name, causing confusion) as well as people for whom English is not their first language (it was said recently people watch it overseas on Youtube) and they may not realize who she's talking about.

Whoopi confuses everyone and herself quite often.  Refusing to say "his" name adds so little to the problem...especially for the viewers described above.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whoopi doesn’t work for the Administration and neither is this show a news broadcast, where she would be required to say his name. She can say whatever she wants and if it was an issue, I’m sure the suits would tell her so.

Her refusal to say his name has nothing to do with her not being able to pronounce it. I see it as her way of protesting. It may bother some, but it’s her right to do so. Just as no one says anything when Meghan vilifies those she doesn’t like with nicknames she’s come up with.

I agree 100%.

(With you and with whoopi)

• Love 11

Can I just say that that crap RBM wore Friday is actually worse than that tomato thing she wore the day before, and honey that is saying a lot...When I saw THAT...I screamed so loud, my senile shih tzu woke up and actually barked...honey it takes a lot to get him up!  EWWWWWW and what's with the pinned down hair girlfriend? Oh honey they really really really really hate your republican ass in makeup and hair. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Can I just say that that crap RBM wore Friday is actually worse than that tomato thing she wore the day before, and honey that is saying a lot...When I saw THAT...I screamed so loud, my senile shih tzu woke up and actually barked...honey it takes a lot to get him up!  EWWWWWW and what's with the pinned down hair girlfriend? Oh honey they really really really really hate your republican ass in makeup and hair. 

Her wardrobe is as bipolar as she is.  One day she is dressed like school marm and then the next day she is dressed like oh hell i can't even describe what she wore yesterday.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'd love her to go toe-to-toe with Rachel Maddow, who would be able to explain to her WHY it's important to study Nixon. 

I just realized Meghan wasn't there when Rachel Maddow came on in 2017. God I hope they have her on the show again ASAP. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whoopi doesn’t work for the Administration and neither is this show a news broadcast, where she would be required to say his name. She can say whatever she wants and if it was an issue, I’m sure the suits would tell her so.

The suits have always had a "whatever" attitude when it comes to The View panel.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, springtime said:

The suits have always had a "whatever" attitude when it comes to The View panel.

That isn't entirely true.  Pretty sure it was the suits who made Joy apologize to nurses a few years ago when she made a joke about the nurse at some pageant.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Her wardrobe is as bipolar as she is.  One day she is dressed like school marm and then the next day she is dressed like oh hell i can't even describe what she wore yesterday.

Are these HER choices...or is the Wardrobe Department having a bit-o-fun?

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, atlantaloves said:

Castro is a light weight, but he will be a heavy hitter one day.

I think both Castro brothers have an odd look which (hopefully) will become more handsome as they get older.  Rather than their slicked-down hair, I'd like to see a more natural look.  These days politics is too much about "optics."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think both Castro brothers have an odd look which (hopefully) will become more handsome as they get older.  Rather than their slicked-down hair, I'd like to see a more natural look.  These days politics is too much about "optics."

I love their looks, due to the fact that they don't look  like everybody.  I love their deep voice...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
On 1/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I find the “joke” that calling him “the new guy” or anything else is so stale at this point that it’s just clunky to hear her say it all the time.  Why not just call him Trump? No need to say president trump. 

• Love 2

love joy "if it quacks like a duck, this duck speaks russian"

On 1/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, rickhurst3186 said:

Meghan is really incoherent today. I cant understand anything she is saying. Is it just me?

i really notice it during the aoc twitter lesson segment, like she was in pain. @2:24

• Love 7
8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I find the “joke” that calling him “the new guy” or anything else is so stale at this point that it’s just clunky to hear her say it all the time.

It IS stale, but aren't all her "jokes."   How long ARE those breasts?  That Valley Girl voice.  An impersonation of Carol Channing that no one got.   Here's the thing...........

• Love 7
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It IS stale, but aren't all her "jokes."   How long ARE those breasts?  That Valley Girl voice.  An impersonation of Carol Channing that no one got.   Here's the thing...........

Poop and farts.

• Love 6