Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 14 – Exclusive: Co-Presidents of the 2019 Women’s March, Tamika Mallory and Bob Bland; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Jan. 15 – The Political View with Mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio; Bill Browder (“Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice”)

Wednesday, Jan. 16 – Judd Apatow (“Crashing”)

Thursday, Jan. 17 – Don Cheadle and Regina Hall (“Black Monday”)

Friday, Jan. 18 – Day of Hot Topics; “Feel Good Friday—View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

• Love 2

Two days of View your Deal? Bleh.

Predictions: On Monday, Tamika Mallory will be asked about antisemitism by Meghan as a gotcha question. Perhaps a discussion on feminism will be brought up as well.

On Tuesday, Bill will mention Meghan's dad.

Wednesday, boring. But perhaps one of the ladies will ask about Weinstein and how the entertainment industry is moving forward after MeToo.

Thursday, they'll rush the interview and give them one segment

Friday, fluff but fluff with View your Deal

• Love 3

I know they are taping two episodes Wednesday with the 2nd being a MLK themed episode for next Monday the 21st. The link in that twitter post is for tickets to the live Wednesday taping this week though.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Wtf was Whoopi going on about as she was introducing the ABC news guy?  Who the hell was she mad at?  A producer?  The teleprompter?  Because she couldn't read it and bungled the intro?  She was pissed and said something like "oh, I guess so anybody  can do my job then."  Uh, yeah.  Anybody else can do your job and would probably do it 100x better. 

I think she was pissed because Meghan kept rambling while Whoopi was trying to introduce him, then Abby jumped in trying say his name. 

I actually dont blame Abby, I'd be like, come on spit it out, lol.  Meghan on the other hand , she made a big deal about him being there, even before WG could introduce him. MM has to draw attention to herself at all cost. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think she was pissed because Meghan kept rambling while Whoopi was trying to introduce him, then Abby jumped in trying say his name. 

I actually dont blame Abby, I'd be like, come on spit it out, lol.  Meghan on the other hand , she made a big deal about him being there, even before WG could introduce him. MM has to draw attention to herself at all cost. 

Ah, ok, I think you are right.  Would explain why MM went on to not say one thing during the interview.  She was completely silent, wasn't she?  She was pouting after.  Unless she did speak and I missed it, I was in and out of room.

Oh, and Whoopi?  Calm the fuck down and get over yourself.  If you still cannot read the teleprompter by now, that's on you.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Ah, ok, I think you are right.  Would explain why MM went on to not say one thing during the interview.  She was completely silent, wasn't she?  She was pouting after.  Unlesss she did speak and I missed it, I was in and out of room.

Really? I had to turn it off , as soon as the interview started. I'll watch later and if Meghan is silent defenently a bonus. 

• Love 8

Commercial-wise, this show is starting to remind me of The Big Bang Theory, a show in which I have read is only 17 minutes long when you factor in all of the commercials.   This show is basically ALL commercials now, too. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Wtf was Whoopi going on about as she was introducing the ABC news guy?  Who the hell was she mad at?  A producer?  The teleprompter?  Because she couldn't read it and bungled the intro?  She was pissed and said something like "oh, I guess so anybody  can do my job then."  Uh, yeah.  Anybody else can do your job and would probably do it 100x better. 

I was reading my book, so one moment it was just the ladies and then a guy was between Joy and Sunny. I was so confused about where he came from.

• Love 3

If you ask someone a question, then you need to let the answer it. I felt for Tamika, because you could tell she was like 'Let me answer your same question!' But she remained calm, because she knows how it would look. I'm glad Bob ended up talking too in defence, because it seemed like that was the only time that Meghan let someone speak.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I was reading my book, so one moment it was just the ladies and then a guy was between Joy and Sunny. I was so confused about where he came from.

Actually I prefer that the guest is at the table without all the hugging. The segments are short enough as it is without all the intro walking in and kissing and getting settled in the chair and whatnot.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, ari333 said:

Actually I prefer that the guest is at the table without all the hugging. The segments are short enough as it is without all the intro walking in and kissing and getting settled in the chair and whatnot.

And sometimes it comes off as really forced and awkward. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Details, please? What happened? Or didn't happen?

He was very dismissive of the FBI investigation and Mueller. 

I hate to admit to kind of agreeing with Meghan that someone who won't condemn hate speech should not be leading an organization that promotes equal rights. I hated her smug expression though. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I do too, but it was just a shock. One moment I'm watching the show, then I look down at my book and all of a sudden he's there. Maybe I was really into my book, but I don't even remember them introducing him.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whew! I thought you were referring to Sunny. But it was Bland, right? Bet Meghan was lapping it all up.

I didn't catch his name but he works for ABC news. 

24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Commercial-wise, this show is starting to remind me of The Big Bang Theory, a show in which I have read is only 17 minutes long when you factor in all of the commercials.   This show is basically ALL commercials now, too. 

I usually watch the View on Hulu and it is 35 mins. long.

• Love 5

His name is Jonathan Karl and he is the ABC Chief White House Correspondent.

I think Whoopi was wildly unprofessional. My interpretation of what happened is that the producers wanted her to introduce him immediately. She didn't, and when she did, she said something like "you can all see who's sitting here with us." At that point, Abby and Meghan tried to introduce him. Then the producers started talking in the earpiece in Whoopi's ear telling her to introduce him. She had begun to do so by that point, and then she got frustrated and started talking to the camera and pointing at her earpiece and saying something like, "I don't know why you have me do this job, everyone else is trying to do my job."

And that's why people looked up and saw a strange man sitting at the table talking with no real introduction. A totally effed-up and unprofessional piece of work.

• Love 24

What on earth was Meghan wearing today? It was some green print outfit that made her look like the green giant sitting down.

I didn't see her walk out and don't feel like watching it again.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I kind of wishes one of them said, 'If a woman is a Trump supporter, then does that mean that she cosigns all of the racist, sexist bigoted things that he's said and done?

I wish one of them said that also!  Like I originally posted they were ineffective in stating their case.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What on earth was Meghan wearing today? It was some green print outfit that made her look like the green giant sitting down.

I didn't see her walk out and don't feel like watching it again.

When she first walked out, I thought it was her Elsa outfit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't think the Women's March reps were effective in their attempts to clear things up.

The woman in the middle with the red hair - I forget her name but when Meghan put her on the spot her voice was very shaky. She didn’t sound confident in what she was saying - either that or she was nervous, maybe both. 

Edited by Alexis2291
She wasn't a blonde - she had red hair.
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Me too...but Production is probably counting on all that wasted time so they aren't required to provide as much content.  Content?  Content?  I laugh at myself!

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

His name is Jonathan Karl and he is the ABC Chief White House Correspondent.

I think Whoopi was wildly unprofessional. My interpretation of what happened is that the producers wanted her to introduce him immediately. She didn't, and when she did, she said something like "you can all see who's sitting here with us." At that point, Abby and Meghan tried to introduce him. Then the producers started talking in the earpiece in Whoopi's ear telling her to introduce him. She had begun to do so by that point, and then she got frustrated and started talking to the camera and pointing at her earpiece and saying something like, "I don't know why you have me do this job, everyone else is trying to do my job."

And that's why people looked up and saw a strange man sitting at the table talking with no real introduction. A totally effed-up and unprofessional piece of work.

Another unprofessional job by the moderator. Joy is so much better.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, ari333 said:

I thought Bob had red hair, but maybe it was my tv 

Bob had red hair on my tv, too.  Also on my tv, when the camera panned out and did a wide shot of the table and all the ladies sitting around it, Meghan's girth took up the same amount of space on my screen as Whoopi's did.  And Whoopi was wearing one of her usual tarp-sized Amish jumpers, so Meghan's dress was doing her no favours.  Or maybe it was doing all it could with what it had to work with. 

Edited by Cementhead
fixed a missing word
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I thought Bob had red hair, but maybe it was my tv 

After the show ended, I played a clip from The View Twitter page since I changed the channel during the live show and missed the segment.

She may have had red hair, lol. I wasn't really watching, just listening. 

• Love 5
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

After the show ended, I played a clip from The View Twitter page since I changed the channel during the live show and missed the segment.

She may have had red hair, lol. I wasn't really watching, just listening. 

Ha!  That's okay.  I bet that's how most of us are watching it.  Just half-assed.  The show isn't worth the energy for us to use all of our senses on it. 

• Love 15