Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

On 1/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, JayD83 said:

Definitely.  I hate that I watched.  My husband said 'damn, MM really fires you up.'  I don't think he wants to be here when I'm watching anymore.  Lol. 

I spare my husband being subjected to Megabitch's shrieking by watching on my tablet, with earbuds. :)

On 1/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, MMEButterfly said:

I believe the word "screeching" pushed her special button. 

All she does is screech!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Does anyone really care that Whoopi's pissed about the bike lanes in NYC? She should've saved that for a private conversation with de Blasio instead of wasting air time. 

She hijacked the topic, which is a very important one about healthcare, and she was nasty while doing it.  Whoopi has shown she can be very self-involved and this is one of those times.  Poor Whoopi, has to leave earlier for work. Doesn't she have a driver?

• Love 22

The gymnast at one time was an elite gymnast but kept getting hurt and couldn’t continue the frenetic training and starvation. She began to hate gymnastics.  She decided that competition at the elite level wasn’t for her and she would do better at the collegiate level. She seems to love gymnastics at this level! 

• Love 16

In the first few minutes of the show,  when Meghan was all "blame the democrats for the shutdown,"   she revealed her vocabulary word of the day :  MODICUM.  As in "I would expect politicians to have a MODICUM of maturity..."   

Only she pronounced it incorrectly.   It's a short 'o'   It's moh-di-kum,  not MOE-di-kum. 

• Love 22

Bike lanes are slowly being built in Chicago, but there is generally a median that keeps the bike lane separate from the lanes of traffic, and I much prefer having desginated lanes so that the cars and bikes don't share the road... and it's healthier for people to bike in the city vs driving (though I do use the Lake Front Trail if needbe).  Whoopi has forgotten what it's like to be one of the people.. wealth does that to a person it appears.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well since the cat is out of the bag I may as well tell you Meghan has been in politics  her whole life.

She forgets that she only became a Republican in 2008 (a gift for her Dad)

Now, her husband's views are hers. Hopefully one day, she will figure out her own!

• Love 18
7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Bike lanes are slowly being built in Chicago, but there is generally a median that keeps the bike lane separate from the lanes of traffic, and I much prefer having desginated lanes so that the cars and bikes don't share the road... and it's healthier for people to bike in the city vs driving (though I do use the Lake Front Trail if needbe).  Whoopi has forgotten what it's like to be one of the people.. wealth does that to a person it appears.

Totally agree. It's just safer for drivers and cyclists alike if they both have their designated lanes. We have bike lanes spread across the city and greater area but there isn't continuity throughout so at points, cyclists are merging onto shared lanes with cars. As a driver, there's nothing more maddening than to see an entire lane crawling because a cyclist is taking up a lane the size of a car when it only needs a fraction of the space. It just makes sense for the pace of traffic and the safety of all commuters that separate lines be made for cyclists. I have a friend who lives and would cycle downtown and I would call her crazy because you have to be next level of reckless to cycle in our downtown area with the amount of congestion that goes on.

• Love 2

Oh no.  I've gone temporarily blind.  I took one look at NutMeg in all her glory today and WHAM - everything went dark.    The bright red suit.  The pearls.  The braid across her forehead.  The pulled-back hair.   Should I be scared?  File a lawsuit?  Be glad that I can't see her anymore?

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Uh oh. Meghan has her hair pulled back. She's ready to fillet someone. 

Isn't Don Cheadle on today?  If so it won't be him as he will hand her potato skin back at her, but in a classy way.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh for God's sake. Meghan very smugly said that the days of politicians coming on the show and getting a free pass are "long gone," and Joy said to her "they never got a free pass." 

I've never seen any politician intimidated by Meghan and her gotcha questions on the show, ever. 

You'd think Meghan would remember how the View co-hosts went in on her father during his run against Obama. 

After all, (pounds table) SHE IS JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER! 

• Love 18

Huh.  I am shocked, shocked that both Abby and Meghan agree that the SotU should be postponed. I really expected both of them to screech about it being a political stunt. Go figure. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

How was Whoopie pronouncing the word median?  Apparently, I've been pronouncing it wrong all these years.  Not that I use the word that often, but still...

Meridian. Maybe she thinks the NYC bike lanes go around the entire earth?

• Love 20

oh... Rudy... collusion confusion :-)

"meridians?" (aka medians?) 

here you have to stay behind the biker or go around which puts you in the other oncoming lane. Not knocking bikers, but give them their own lane.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Huh.  I am shocked, shocked that both Abby and Meghan agree that the SotU should be postponed. I really expected both of them to screech about it being a political stunt. Go figure. 

Same! When I heard the news yesterday, I said to myself, "one or both of them are gonna flip their shit tomorrow." Imagine my surprise when I heard both of them say they're all for postponing the SOTU address. I still have an issue with Abby placing the blame on both sides, though. 

Edited by Alexis2291
Incorrectly stated that Whoopi didn’t trust Nancy Pelosi.
  • Love 3

Surprised by ah bee and MM on the SOTU address. And there is no union anyway.  Did not need to envision pelosi jumping out of her bra. :) [/joy]

Edited by ari333
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh for God's sake. Meghan very smugly said that the days of politicians coming on the show and getting a free pass are "long gone," and Joy said to her "they never got a free pass." 

I've never seen any politician intimidated by Meghan and her gotcha questions on the show, ever. 

All this while they were talking about Whoopi, who's been on this show for years and a day, bitching out de Blasio yesterday. Apparently the world has been turning long before Meh-gun woke up doing nothing and decided she would like to be a pundint. The only thing new you’ve brought to the show, Meghan, is more—and louder and louder—screaming.

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And I'm curious as to why exactly Whoopi has issues with Nancy Pelosi. Wish she would've elaborated more on that instead of saying, "well if she said the sky was blue I'd still have to double check."

I believe she was referring to Kristen Neilsen when she said that. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Meghan literally just said to Don Cheadle who was answering a question about about Kathy Griffin "Let's move on from this". I guess Don didn't get the memo on what Megs wants to discuss today.

I believe she was talking to Joy, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agreed with Meghan there. Who cares about Kathy Griffin and her lame attempt to drag Don down into her mess? Much more to discuss. 

• Love 2
Just now, Jewlmc said:

I believe she was talking to Joy, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agreed with Meghan there. Who cares about Kathy Griffin and her lame attempt to drag Don down into her mess? Much more to discuss. 

I agree with you but I think there was a better way of changing the topic than "Let's move on from this".

• Love 6

I will say that the placement of NYC bike lanes, especially in the outer boroughs, can be complicated and may cause problems,  but Whoopi doesn't need to belabor the point for multiple days, especially since, to my knowledge, she is neither a regular driver or biker.

There are not enough eyerolls in the world for the Olay nonsense followed by an actual Olay commercial. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Same! When I heard the news yesterday, I said to myself, "one or both of them are gonna flip their shit tomorrow." Imagine my surprise when I heard both of them say they're all for postponing the SOTU address. I still have an issue with Abby placing the blame on both sides, though. 

And I'm curious as to why exactly Whoopi has issues with Nancy Pelosi. Wish she would've elaborated more on that instead of saying, "well if she said the sky was blue I'd still have to double check."

I’m pretty sure Whoopi was referring to the woman who is the head of the Secret Service, I forget her name. The person who said the secret service is prepared to protect at the SOTU. She wasn’t referring to Pelosi. 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, Tosia said:

Well said, tinker bell. 

Very insightful analysis.  Thank you.   

Oh, I hated/loathed SNL Dan calling, Jane Curtain, "You ignorant slut." (I know Dan was acting). Such blatant  misogyny was never funny to me, and I refrain from calling women or men, bitches or pussys, or c****, or sny female -oriented term as an insult. 

But SNL was parodying "60 Minutes" & its "Point/Counterpoint", which featured pompous ass conservative James J. Kilpatrick talking down to "liberal'"Shana Alexander. I thought the bit was hilarious, this being the '70's & little satire available on my 3 TV channels - wow, am I old!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

But SNL was parodying "60 Minutes" & its "Point/Counterpoint", which featured pompous ass conservative James J. Kilpatrick talking down to "liberal'"Shana Alexander. I thought the bit was hilarious, this being the '70's & little satire available on my 3 TV channels - wow, am I old!

GREAT, Telemachus2!    I felt sorry that I didn't defend that "ignorant slut" comment earlier...yours is a pièce de ré·sis·tance.  We rarely heard the word "slut" in public in those days, so it was shocking AND so well received...even by us baby feminists.   I'm OLD too! 

• Love 5

I believe that secret service does not guard the capital. It’s the Capital police that do, and I’m sure there’s  of furloughs there.  You need all levels to make something work. Even the lowly secretary has to be there to get the information dispersed. 

And the tomato telling Joy “why do you always talk about Nixon, no one cares” (paraphrased) yes meaghan we do care, history might repeat itself. (Fingers crossed)

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ari333 said:
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan looks like a giant tomato today.

tomato... potato :) 

My TV was having a little problem today.  She couldn't decide whether that BIG suit with the BIG shoulders was neon orangy-red or neon blood-red.  In any event, it was NEON!

• Love 4

Meghan has let us know that she does not support all the "screeching" talk about women...that when women get together and make any noise, they're accused of screeching.  On THIS forum, we're generally referring to Ms. McCain when we discuss screeching...and usually it's BITCH-SCREECHING!   Today, when all the panelists were discussing their pets (cats, chickens, cactus, dogs), Meghan got so excited she was pointing at the pictures...screeching to post HER pet's photo, POST HER PET'S PHOTO, DAMMIT...laughing and screeching, but THIS time it was with glee!

Maybe since she seemed actually happy, someone could have her watch THIS clip to demonstrate how she SCREECHES!   Then...gradually work into her bitch-screeches.

• Love 9

Meghan is the only one guilty of screeching on this show, which makes her attempt to make it about her being a woman ludicrous. She can't even hide behind her Conservative Victim shield, because Abby is there and has the 'skill' of using her inside voice that Meghan so obviously lacks.

• Love 14

I usually like Sunny but today she was really annoying in that segment about Guiliani.  She just wouldn't stop making her stupid point.

And did we really have to hear all about bike lanes...again?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL

And my god, the way she said it -- as if ready to spring into the opening lyrics of some demented Broadway show tune cross between 1776 and Hamilton  ("I'm dumb as a post and screech like an owl - I'm John McCain's daughter!  He was a hero and I am not - I'm John McCain's daughter!  I braid my hair! I run my mouth! I speak for every soul in the south! I'm a fool and tool and a blowharding mule -- but I'm John McCain's daughter!" )

@film noire wins the Internets today! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 16