Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh for God's sake. Meghan very smugly said that the days of politicians coming on the show and getting a free pass are "long gone," and Joy said to her "they never got a free pass." 

I've never seen any politician intimidated by Meghan and her gotcha questions on the show, ever. 

MEGHAN'S OWN FATHER said, with reverence, that The View is one of the hardest shows for a politician to do. And this was in '08.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

And the tomato telling Joy “why do you always talk about Nixon, no one cares” (paraphrased) yes meaghan we do care, history might repeat itself. (Fingers crossed)

Well, that was before she was born so she doesn't now anything about it.  (Thousandclowns beat me too it. )

Brilliant, film noire. 

• Love 11

Thanks to all of you who deciphered what Whoopi meant when she was saying "meridian". We have tons of bike lanes in the D.C. Metropolitan area (which, full disclosure, I'm not thrilled about) but I had NO idea what she was talking about.  Meridians, LOL!!  And they should be removable 😂😂😂

• Love 6

Why did they go on and on about bike lanes in NYC? They do realize folks who watch this show are from all over the country, right? I mean, if I was watching a local NYC news station I'd get it... Yeesh. And whatever Megan. Whatever. Anything she pretty much says has me rolling my eyes and Whatevering...

• Love 12
8 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I agree with you but I think there was a better way of changing the topic than "Let's move on from this".

The View doesn't care about smooth transitions. 

Case in point: Whoopi, the moderator 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, optimistprime said:

I loved Joy’s complete annoyance with Meghan’s comment to the effect of “the View isn’t a soft interview for politicians anymore!”. Joy quickly said “It never has been!” and nothing really came of it, conversation-wise, but it to me shows that Meghan believes that she (and Abby?) now give the show some clout and Joy has no time for that narrative.

I love Joy every-freakin' day!  Meghan was probably led to believe that SHE alone would be the font of all knowledge political on "her" show because (as we know) she was in utero at the '84 convention and she nominated Ronald Reagan.  She has been in politics All Her Life! Some of us have watched this show from Day One (Joy wasn't in utero, but she was there!).  We have heard every cockamamie political thought...spat out, proclaimed, and argued passionately.  Apparently Meghan didn't watch or listen and she thinks she's sitting there to educate us.  Don't know how many more classes I can attend.

Edited by HaaCHOO
bolded Joy
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

What's worse, View Your Deal or the Sponsor Commercials with Abby and friends?

9 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I despise these stupid sponsor segments. 

The executives, executive producers and producers should be embarrassed.  The show doesn't provide enough time to invited guests who are actually interesting or have an important message.  NO!  Sorry to interrupt...thanks for coming, don't let the door hit you on the way out...and now..."View Your Deal."   Ole` for Olay!   Do they think we fast-forward through these "segments" any slower than we do the gazillion commercials?

• Love 20
36 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

The executives, executive producers and producers should be embarrassed.  The show doesn't provide enough time to invited guests who are actually interesting or have an important message.  NO!  Sorry to interrupt...thanks for coming, don't let the door hit you on the way out...and now..."View Your Deal."   Ole` for Olay!   Do they think we fast-forward through these "segments" any slower than we do the gazillion commercials?

It's all so dry too. The Real has sponsored segments too, but the ladies get to do some really bad acting while selling these products so it ends up being funny. They also have longer segments for Girl Chat, so it seems forgivable too.

But the View? We get 5 minutes per segment. For an hour show, it's maybe 30 minutes and of those 30 minutes you get so much cross talk that it doesn't feel like it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Meghan was probably led to believe that SHE alone would be the font of all knowledge political on "her" show because (as we know) she was in utero at the '84 convention and she nominated Ronald Reagan.  She has been in politics All Her Life! 

Well, since Meghan is a "political analyst" (she is, really she is, she said so that she really is), why wouldn't she be the font of all knowledge political ?

• Love 6

Sigh. MM a political analysis.....in her own mind. I have seen her on GS's show on Sundays (which is rarely) and she is useless. Never says anything of importance that anyone reacts to.

If one follows her twitter her only agenda is other R's opinions - never any of her own analysis. And on the show - blue cards. Even if irrelevant where the conversation went to different points. LOL - and they are so long and no source.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Well, that was before she was born so she doesn't now anything about it.  (Thousandclowns beat me too it. )

Brilliant, film noire. 

Oh, thw stupid arrogance of (rapidly declining) youth.  MM just showing her ignorance of political history,  yet again.  

Joy should have asked why MM   keep invoking the name of her dad. ......that's history, too.

Frankly, everything is, including yesterday's news. 

That fat potato is a moron. Political analyst who doesn't know politics, or much else, besides that incisive intellectuakity of RHNY. 

• Love 14

Fairly new "View-er" here, so apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but seriously...is Whoopi 3-years old? How childish is it not to say Trump's name?  She says "the guy in the White House" or "the (whatever) one" instead of his last name. I can understand if she doesn't want to call him (her) president, but come on...stop acting like baby, Whoopi. Nobody's forcing you to address Trump with a prefix (Mister or President), but not using his last name is silly for a grown woman.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, MsTree said:

seriously...is Whoopi 3-years old? How childish is it not to say Trump's name? 

Shortly after he was elected she announced she would not say his name.  Childish or not...schtick or not, she has stayed with it.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

If one follows her twitter her only agenda is other R's opinions - never any of her own analysis. And on the show - blue cards. Even if irrelevant where the conversation went to different points. LOL - and they are so long and no source.

What's funny...is that she doesn't realize that everyone but her most loyal followers* know this.

*And her besties...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Shortly after he was elected she announced she would not say his name.  Childish or not...schtick or not, she has stayed with it.

Thanks for your reply/explanation. Good that she stuck to her word, but I wonder what it's supposed to prove? We all know she doesn't like/approve of him, so other than sticking with her schtick, it doesn't prove a damn thing IMO. Maybe she should take her own advice...Get Over It!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Apparently Meghan didn't watch or listen and she thinks she's sitting there to educate us.  Don't know how many more classes I can attend.

I dropped out back in the summer.  Keep thinking I should come back to "school", but haven't yet.  I do still like hanging out here with all you other "students".

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Because it happened before she was born. 

LOL she needs to make another appearance on Bill Maher's show so she can get owned again.

4 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

When she walked out and sat she immediately glared at Ana

Yes! She has a stank face on today, lol. 

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yes! She has a stank face on today, lol. 

That's her filleting face.  Concentrating on her blue cards to grill Julián. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17

Tried to watch today. Joy is uninformed or ill-informed or partially-informed  about so much.  It's very frustrating. It's always been the case. Glad Ana brought up Melanie flying military to Florida.

Meghan to Castro:  "... you could have ran..."
This was not a slip of the tongue. When I used to watch, she said this all the time. Illiterate twit.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Meghan is really incoherent today. I cant understand anything she is saying. Is it just me?

She seems to double up on a Xanax dosage on Fridays.  She was like this last Friday, too.

• Love 18

With so much rambling, screeching going on I find that I only catch bits & pieces of conversations - what point was Abby trying to make with Castro regarding the cost of health care? She said something about the people in Scranton telling her this but the way she said it - it sounded like those voters wanted a change - maybe she was referring to another Scranton but the one in Lackawanna County in Pa. voted for Clinton - one of the few counties in Pa. that stayed Democratic

• Love 10

Deleted, cuz several other posters made the comment I was gonna make, about MehGun not being born at the time, etc. 

Edited by rollacoaster
Deleted, cuz several other posters made the comment I was gonna make.
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

This show would be so much more enjoyable if they just had Joy and Ana at the table.  They play so well off eachother!  I could watch them for hours.  No screeching, no cross-talk, just two smart women discussing their views. What a novel concept!!!

Calling CNN, Calling CNN !  (Ana's already on the payroll.)    They could have a Friday night show...that way Ana's schedule won't be impacted too much.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Unmerged
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Sigh. MM a political analysis.....in her own mind. I have seen her on GS's show on Sundays (which is rarely) and she is useless. Never says anything of importance that anyone reacts to.

Remember when Meghan and Abby "worked" as analysts on election night?   Two deer ~ Four headlights ~ Nada Contributions...

• Love 24
30 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

This show would be so much more enjoyable if they just had Joy and Ana at the table.  They play so well off eachother!  I could watch them for hours.  No screeching, no cross-talk, just two smart women discussing their views. What a novel concept!!!

10 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Calling CNN, Calling CNN !  (Ana's already on the payroll.)    They could have a Friday night show...that way Ana's schedule won't be impacted too much.

Now that you bring that up has there ever been a show with a political theme that featured two women?  I don't think so and that is a shame.  Joy and Ana would be fabulous.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Marathonrunner said:

With so much rambling, screeching going on I find that I only catch bits & pieces of conversations - what point was Abby trying to make with Castro regarding the cost of health care? She said something about the people in Scranton telling her this but the way she said it - it sounded like those voters wanted a change - maybe she was referring to another Scranton but the one in Lackawanna County in Pa. voted for Clinton - one of the few counties in Pa. that stayed Democratic

And she said people who had been promised Medicare for all and were disappointed with the Dems wanted something different so the voted for Individual 1?  Huh??

• Love 10

Talk about thirsty. Look in the mirror, Nutmeg! And Lord, what was she wearing? A giant bedspread?

I loved that for most of the show 'resting bitchface' was silent. I heard her try to interject herself into discussions but the women slammed the door on her - and it was GLORIOUS! Ana talked right over her with the tweets/Cardi B. Nutmeg was in 'VIEW JAIL'. Sigh. I'm happy now.

• Love 16

That SCREECHING bitchface actually HATES old people who try to be cool.  There are some old people HERE who are very cool!  She doesn't know the difference between cool and uncool unless she reads it in PEOPLE Magazie or Real HoWife Erika Jayne decrees it.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Tammee said:

And my god, the way she said it -- as if ready to spring into the opening lyrics of some demented Broadway show tune cross between 1776 and Hamilton  ("I'm dumb as a post and screech like an owl - I'm John McCain's daughter!  He was a hero and I am not - I'm John McCain's daughter!  I braid my hair! I run my mouth! I speak for every soul in the south! I'm a fool and tool and a blowharding mule -- but I'm John McCain's daughter!" )

BRAVA!!! I think this was from Film Noire. My apologies. I couldn't get the quotes to work for me. And I can't spell.

Edited by fishsanwitt
I can't type today.
  • Love 3

ABBY highly recommended the Bravo mini-series, "Dirty John."   I do too!  It's a true story and very interesting.  I don't know that I've seen Eric Bana in anything but I don't want to from now on.

What's even better is a follow-up.  A documentary on Oxygen, "Dirty John, the Dirty Truth."   Enlightning.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

*Meghan scratching her head* I'm not a lawyer, I don't understand this (in reference to them discussing the Buzzfeed story that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress).

Oh, I agree with you Megz! You're definitely not a lawyer and you don't understand many things! (:

Also, why is she so upset about Joy bringing up Nixon? As Joy and many historians have noted, there are a lot of similarities between the two. Since Meggie "The Political Analyst" McCain claims to know so much about politics, one would think she'd understand the comparison. 

And why is she, once again, screeching about people in the audience clapping? 

I didn't mind the intent of Meghan asking for a concise soundbite. It was a lot of legal jargon. I was able to follow it because I am an insomniac and read the Buzzfeed article when it dropped in the middle of the night and then I fell down the Twitter rabbit hole, but it was a lot of information if someone had just woken up to hear about it. I am so tired.

But her delivery, like everything, just comes across as hostile and as if she's over the topic. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

BRAVA!!! I think this was from Film Noire. My apologies. I couldn't get the quotes to work for me. And I can't spell.

You probably copied @Tammee's post, quoting @film noire's original post,which is one page back. And since the quote was in the former's comment, the quote is attributed to Tammee and not Film Noire.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

Talk about thirsty. Look in the mirror, Nutmeg! And Lord, what was she wearing? A giant bedspread?

I loved that for most of the show 'resting bitchface' was silent. I heard her try to interject herself into discussions but the women slammed the door on her - and it was GLORIOUS! Ana talked right over her with the tweets/Cardi B. Nutmeg was in 'VIEW JAIL'. Sigh. I'm happy now.

Yes watching body language she was solemn on occasion saying “ I will say that”  then looking down on blue cards to repeat someone’s else’s opinion. The first time she said it today she repeated it within seconds in that blue card spiel.   And screw you for the we all talk about Nixon everyday.  I know it’s off topic but what her husband tweeted about Ana is Bitchy and I don’t know how Ana can sit there and be pleasant to her in anyway. Shall we take bets on who gets an invite to the wedding they did talk about today ? How did I miss Abby recommendation do Dirty John ? What was it in context to?  I was addicted to the case also, plus the creep was originally from my home town. 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Yes watching body language she was solemn on occasion saying “ I will say that”  then looking down on blue cards to repeat someone’s else’s opinion. The first time she said it today she repeated it within seconds in that blue card spiel.   And screw you for the we all talk about Nixon everyday.  I know it’s off topic but what her husband tweeted about Ana is Bitchy and I don’t know how Ana can sit there and be pleasant to her in anyway. Shall we take bets on who gets an invite to the wedding they did talk about today ? How did I miss Abby recommendation do Dirty John ? What was it in context to?  I was addicted to the case also, plus the creep was originally from my home town. 

What did MM husband tweet about Ana?