Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

All these comments about Sunny not knowing Sweet Caroline so I had to watch the clip to see what the fuss was about, lol.  She didn't know of the song and the sing-along element to it until college...the only reason I learned of the song before high school is because I would attend baseball games with my grandparents and the song would come on and everyone would start singing along to it. If not for that experience, it would have likely taken me until my first year at university to have discovered the song as well. I grew up listening to top 40 music which didn't play old songs. Neil Diamond was not making Top 40 hits during my lifetime that I would have ever come across him on my own, research his work and become a fan of his music the way I was introduced to Michael Jackson and Madonna (all artists who had hits prior to my birth but also continued making music that would be played on radio stations that I listened to growing up).   The fact that this song can reach so many people at various stages in their life is what makes the song iconic and transcendent of time, not because the song is mandatory listening as a child or taught in music class. 

That said, the entire point of that confession was to point out the importance of being an informed reporter and that means that you may not know all of the details on the scene, ASK first, just as she asked when she realized she was part of something that everyone else seemed to know except her. When you come across a group of people 'screeching' in organized unison, maybe ASK what's going on and then report on the tradition rather than pull out your Twitter fingers and describe the scene as unexpected screeching taking place. That is where the fault was, not that the reporter didn't know about the tradition in the first place.

And I can't help but think the worst of Meghan. I feel like she went way off the point by making it a derogatory reference to women and I feel that was a selfish attempt to detract from the plentiful criticisms she gets for her own screeching. She's trying to attribute the commentary to sexism when the topic was clearly an issue of being underprepared and too quick to report without collecting the fact.  This was a nice reminder of why I stopped watching, haha.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Abby:  42% still want it [the wall]

Judd Apatow:  Well, I think that's less than 58.

Can production play this audio everytime Abby brings it up?!

Well we know now that math is not Abby's strong suit. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

😂😂😂 really?  Latin people who's parents might not speak English do have a tendency to live in a very closed community.  Nothing strang about that. So sunny did not know sweet caroline,  how many white kids know spanish /Latin songs? This country is not one race. But of course its up to brown children to know some certain song not the other way around. 

She’s 50 years old! Sunny has lived on her own for at least twenty. It’s mind blowing how sheltered she appears to be.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Judd Apatow:  Well, I think that's less than 58

I posted the same thing Judd Apatow said here yesterday. Maybe he read my argument here?!!!!😀

Edited by rickhurst3186
Correction
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

Joy asked MM why she didn't join the military. MM said she was too old to do it now

FACT:  Meghan McCain's 34th birthday was celebrated (and how) on The View in October 2018.

Unless she had her heart set on joining the Marines (maximum age 28), she can STILL serve her country (and us) by joining any one of these branches of the Armed Services...if this Internet information is accurate on maximum ages:

• Air Force   39
  • Army   34
  • Coast Guard   39
  • Navy   34
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wish someone would put total jibberish on her blue cards and see how long it takes her to realize it's jibberish.

OR...have some clever soul find a way to "lose" them before she struts onstage.  Let's see how she handles that.  Maybe it should be a day we know that WonderWuman73 can be in the audience.

Edited by HaaCHOO
added 73
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Ya know, some of us live on the West Coast. A little spoiler alert would have been nice. 

/snark 😉

Well since the cat is out of the bag I may as well tell you Meghan has been in politics  her whole life.

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Does anyone really care that Whoopi's pissed about the bike lanes in NYC? She should've saved that for a private conversation with de Blasio instead of wasting air time. 

I agree.  She totally hijacked the health care conversation with a subject only pertinent to a small number of New Yorkers.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Megan looks a lot larger since the last time I saw her in November. The dress didn’t do her any favors.  which made her breasts were sit  very high  on her body. 

This time around she was laughing and hanging out with Joy and Abby in between the commercials. The atmosphere and  moodwas definitely lighter this second time around but she had her moments... she kept petting or playing with her hair when the camera wasn’t on her and I’m between commercials she still had a resting Bitch face. 

Thanks for the info!!

Meghan was probably calmer today since she was off the rails yesterday.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

As a New Yorker, I agreed with Whoopi about the bike lanes. I see it all the time and know a lot of people who’ve gotten injured.  

True story, I once got flipped off by Matt Lauer, who was bicycling with his son near Columbia Presbyterian hospital, because I may have cut him off while making a turn. (This was while he was still on the Today show.) I wanted to shout, TEAM ANN!

I am inclined to be sympathetic toward Meghan because I remember vividly how angry I was when my father died, but she came across as unhinged in that Steve King conversation. It is not good television.

To the question, "Is 42% of the country racist?" -- There's no way of knowing that, IMO. But people who think a wall is an effective means of stopping illegal immigration are definitely uninformed. I wish someone had said that.

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

To the question, "Is 42% of the country racist?" -- There's no way of knowing that, IMO. But people who think a wall is an effective means of stopping illegal immigration are definitely uninformed. I wish someone had said that.

Abby two days in a row has referenced the poll that says 42% of Americans want the wall.  Meghan stated for the record she is not in favor of the wall.  Has Abby said whether she is in favor of the wall?  

The 42% of people who are in favor of the wall should be asked whether they think we should have to pay for it.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

I am inclined to be sympathetic toward Meghan because I remember vividly how angry I was when my father died, but she came across as unhinged in that Steve King conversation. It is not good television.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching, but this isn't the first time she's become unhinged. Though yesterday was probably the first time she slammed her hand on the table and invoked her father's name. Plus she's made it more than perfectly clear that her grief is the worst grief ever and that no one else can appreciate her loss.

But I can understand why others feel empathy for her. I do not.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Judd Apatow:  Well, I think that's less than 58.

Can production play this audio everytime Abby brings it up?!

Hahaha, what a wonderful response.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

FACT:  Meghan McCain's 34th birthday was celebrated (and how) on The View in October 2018.

Unless she had her heart set on joining the Marines (maximum age 28), she can STILL serve her country (and us) by joining any one of these branches of the Armed Services...if this Internet information is accurate on maximum ages:

• Air Force   39
  • Army   34
  • Coast Guard   39
  • Navy   34

She could also work as a civil servant with the VA or the Dept. of Defense.  Then, if she gets furloughed she's have plenty of time to go back and visit The View.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan just had to bring up veterans while talking with Bill de Blasio about free healthcare, and in the most snooty way possible. Yeah, veterans absolutely need and deserve better healthcare and so do civilians. Both things can be true at the same time.

What?  You want MM to have her brain do gymnastics?  Come on!

Bike lanes - I live in Detroit and they have them too but they don't make sense.  For a few block there will be lanes and then without warning no more bike lane.  What's up with that?  Sometimes they commandeer the right turn lane but it ends when you come to a traffic light.  No one knows what to do in that situation.  You don't really think DETROIT would be all on it about peddle bikes, do you?  We auto drivers think bike lanes are a cruel joke.  We do have many bike only paths one of which is the old Grand Trunk and in my area is the Macomb Orchard Trail.

The only problem we have is that it is still dangerous to bike to work.  So everyone buy a car because our mass transit is non existent.  Seniors have a good deal with smart bus.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan doesn't actually want to do political work.  She just wants to analyze it and tell everyone what they are doing wrong.

MM doesn't analyze;  her hubbie  and Faux news talking points do. She's just a parrot who cannot come up with an original thought.

Witness the myriad times that  she cannot answer followup questions to her blue card info.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not sure how long you've been watching, but this isn't the first time she's become unhinged. Though yesterday was probably the first time she slammed her hand on the table and invoked her father's name. Plus she's made it more than perfectly clear that her grief is the worst grief ever and that no one else can appreciate her loss.

But I can understand why others feel empathy for her. I do not.

You're right, I almost never tune in and usually just see clips. I have seen her be hostile before, but this was a few steps beyond. And yeah -- I said I'm inclined to sympathize, but I think if I watched every day I would abandon that fast. 

And because I identify with her loss, I have to say—at this stage in her life, I'm not sure she should be the cohost of a talk show. She isn't capable of having a productive conversation.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lovinbob said:

And because I identify with her loss, I have to say—at this stage in her life, I'm not sure she should be the cohost of a talk show. She isn't capable of having a productive conversation.

I think her behavior was very similar before her father died.  The only thing that changed is that her tablemates and producers allow her rank behavior out of sympathy for her.  They created an even bigger entitled brat.

Edited by HaaCHOO
de-hyperbolized
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Whoopi to Sunny: Go ahead and FINISH your sentence, said with a bitchy face. 

But MORE OFTEN, before Sunny can make a point, Whoopi finally agrees to go to commercial.

6 hours ago, pachebo said:

I was thinking it's time to rework the opening credits - " With WHOOPI... Abby Huntsman... Joy Behar.... Sunny Hostin... and John McCain's daughter!"

I like that...and it would be like announcing Johnny Carson...blahblahblah "...Sunny Hostin...and here she IS, Johhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn McCainnnnnnnnnnnnn's DAUGHTER !!!!

6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

She totally hijacked the health care conversation with a subject only pertinent to a small number of New Yorkers.

And she didn't even care about that "small number of New Yorkers."   When Whoopi is inconvenienced or insulted or ignored, the world must stop for appropriate repairs.

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

She could also work as a civil servant with the VA or the Dept. of Defense.

I think she feels that "the military" is the only important work--if one is not in politics.  She could actually be volunteering somewhere now to be of help, but do we ever hear about that?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 12
On 1/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, Bronzedog said:

Meghan talks over Joy who is describing her ectopic pregnancy.  She won't shut up.  Then she says, "I've never been pregnant.  I don't know anything about it."  

The day will come when one of Meghan's best friends (there are so MANY) has an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy and she will come on the program all brokenhearted, sympathetic, and full of information she demands to impart.  She will tell us that she has become a spokesperson for an important support group.  Joy will try to add something and Meghan will spit, "JOY!  This isn't about YOU!"

• Love 15
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

• Air Force   39
  • Army   34
  • Coast Guard   39
  • Navy   34

She’d never last with her weight and the physical fitness tests. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

She’d never last with her weight and the physical fitness tests. 

There are also aptitude and general knowledge tests.  I don't think one can take BLUE CARDS to the exams.   Still...that surname (what is it again?) might open some doors.

• Love 10

I am new to this forum.  But I have a lot to say about "Nutmeg"!  I just read that name for her and I liked it. LOL  It is getting harder and harder to watch her.  The screeching, neck rolling, eye glancing out to the audience for approval and rapid fire talking is ANNOYING!!  It has all been mentioned in one form or another.......but I think her entitled attitude and refusal to talk about any subject other than politics and guns says it all.   Puhleeze!  I don't even think FOX News would take her back.  She needs to go.......and take Abby with her..IMO

• Love 23

Just a reminder to keep the personal politics and all politics not discussed on this show out of the threads. A number of posts have already been removed this week. Any more posts containing off-topic subjects such as these will receive a warning.