Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Portia said:

And think of Kendra's mom, subjecting herself to incredibly painful late-in-life pregnancies, one after the other.

Making more babies for God’s army.  These women are brainwashed and deranged.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Portia said:

And think of Kendra's mom, subjecting herself to incredibly painful late-in-life pregnancies, one after the other.

Kendra's family isn't IBLP though. Also Ms. Caldwell had fewer children in a row when she was younger. It seems like maybe she's trying to compete with her daughter.

• Love 2

Why do all of the Duggar boys suddenly have that haircut?

I'm guessing old picture to try to get people not to speculate about pregnancy.

I swear I saw a comment asking them to write a book.

No matter, Carlin is happy for them.

56 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Why do all of the Duggar boys suddenly have that haircut?

I'm guessing old picture to try to get people not to speculate about pregnancy.

I swear I saw a comment asking them to write a book.

No matter, Carlin is happy for them.

It's either that or shave their heads, and I doubt they'd consider bald melons appropriate for Christians, or some damn thing. Really, there isn't much they can do with their particular pattern baldness. 

The Duggars male, younger, are screwed. I wonder if Jim Bob gloats to them that he still has his helmet. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 11:24 PM, awaken said:

I agree!  I commented as such on her photo- let’s see if the leghumpers jump down my throat!  

I would think that the leghumpers would be thrilled. Don't they live for a Duggar  pregnancy? 

Interesting that she’s selling some of Gracie’s clothes. I thought she’d give them as hand me downs to the cousins or keep them for the inevitable next baby.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

Abbie may have enjoyed her nursing, but she also may have just been doing it until she found a guy to settle down with and start a family.  She may absolutely adore just being a wife and mother.  Plenty of non-fundie women do. 

With most nursing careers, there's a lot of continuing education.  She may or may not be keeping her skills current, but It doesn't mean she can't or won't go back to the workplace at some point.   What Abbie is doing now could be exactly what she wants. 

She & JD seem happy, healthy and enjoy their cute little girl.  An occasional Insta shill is no big deal.  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ve always gotten the vibe that Abbie may have food/weight issues. Anyone else?

I've always felt she was more about a healthy lifestyle and I think has some allergy or food intolerance issues that she is mindful of.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I've always felt she was more about a healthy lifestyle and I think has some allergy or food intolerance issues that she is mindful of.

Could be. 

3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

She's not an RN. She wouldn't be making great money.

She could make great money as a LPN.

1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

Is that Abbie in the fitness pics?

Yes it is.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

She's not an RN. She wouldn't be making great money.

LPN income is between $40-50k, and Abbie seemed to work at a nursing home. Steady work. Not a ton of cash, but pretty good when the cost of living is low, and she can always cheaply go back for the RN.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I don't think she is making tater tot casserole very often. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I'm sure it depends where you live, but I'm an LPN who makes about 60,000 a year.  I know other LPN's in my area who make 90,000 a year.  It just depends what kind of nursing you want to do and how many hours you work.  She could definitely make enough to support a family in Arkansas.

• Useful 11
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, anyasmom said:

I'm sure it depends where you live, but I'm an LPN who makes about 60,000 a year.  I know other LPN's in my area who make 90,000 a year.  It just depends what kind of nursing you want to do and how many hours you work.  She could definitely make enough to support a family in Arkansas.

Plus health insurance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

It's nice to see Abbie can dress in appropriate clothes for the activity.  Unlike the Duggars and their oh so stylish swim clothes

Better than Jessa’s skirt and flats for working out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, anyasmom said:

Sorry, I left out that $40-$50,000 is average LPN income for Arkansas. Of course, that assumes full-time work. Even working part time would bring in significant income to the family without being too stressful. You can’t tell me John works a 40 hour week.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 10
(edited)

She'd also have a bunch of options workwise between all the hospitals, nursing homes, medical facilities in the NWA area if she didn't mind a bit of a commute. It's not like where I live where you either work at the hospital or the nursing home, do home health care, or commute over an hour one way to go to work. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I could picture Abbie working as a private duty pediatric home health nurse.  I would think that could meet the Duggar modesty standards too.  I assume the Duggars consider nursing in general not appropriate because of the potential to see male genitals?  I suppose a women's health clinic could be another option, but that would tie her down to a more rigid schedule.

• Love 3
Just now, anyasmom said:

I could picture Abbie working as a private duty pediatric home health nurse.  I would think that could meet the Duggar modesty standards too.  I assume the Duggars consider nursing in general not appropriate because of the potential to see male genitals?  I suppose a women's health clinic could be another option, but that would tie her down to a more rigid schedule.

I believe she previously worked with the elderly and said she loved it.

• Love 7

I know it varies by state, and ambition, but a LPN could be making a nice living right now. There’s always going to be someone making more. No matter the salary, it’s more than $0..

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
55 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

But the real question is would her husband let her work?  

I can see JD "allowing" it and yes I hate to use that word, at some point. 

• Love 5

I expect the can Abbie work question is going to be tightly tied to do they have enough income to support what they want to do in life.  Once TLC goes away and Jim Bob reaches critical mass for the number of people he can support, Abbie working will look more and more feasible. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

There may come a day when he doesn’t have much choice. The TLC gravy train is going to stop and depending on handouts from Jim Bob is risky. And what happens when Jim Bob dies? I seriously doubt that he’ll leave his estate divided equally among his kids. He’ll designate someone to be in charge of doling out the family trust and if it’s Michelle, she’ll award the lion’s share to her favorites (which I don’t think includes JD). 
There’s another gruesome possibility. Jim Bob is a relatively young man. Let’s say that Josh gets a ten year prison sentence. By the time he gets out, Jim Bob will likely still be around and, given their warped value system, I wouldn’t put it past JB and Michelle to leave their firstborn Crown Prince in charge of everything. And if Josh ever gets his hands on the purse strings, he’ll spend his days making his siblings suffer. The Duggar boys and their wives may be forced to go out and get real jobs in the outside world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

There may come a day when he doesn’t have much choice. The TLC gravy train is going to stop and depending on handouts from Jim Bob is risky. And what happens when Jim Bob dies? I seriously doubt that he’ll leave his estate divided equally among his kids. He’ll designate someone to be in charge of doling out the family trust and if it’s Michelle, she’ll award the lion’s share to her favorites (which I don’t think includes JD). 
There’s another gruesome possibility. Jim Bob is a relatively young man. Let’s say that Josh gets a ten year prison sentence. By the time he gets out, Jim Bob will likely still be around and, given their warped value system, I wouldn’t put it past JB and Michelle to leave their firstborn Crown Prince in charge of everything. And if Josh ever gets his hands on the purse strings, he’ll spend his days making his siblings suffer. The Duggar boys and their wives may be forced to go out and get real jobs in the outside world.

Coming soon, to a Walmart in NWA...

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

But the real question is would her husband let her work?  

Probably not. This is the guy who taught himself how to give Abbie manicures even before they were married because he "didn't want to pay for her to spend time with someone else."

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't know, maybe if they need money and she really works hard to convince him. IMHO, he's still a male Duggar. He's still all about the patriarchy and sexist BS. The Duggars are also adverse to working outside the family. And if she was working , she would be on a schedule and would not be available for parts of the day or for random vacations.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Probably not. This is the guy who taught himself how to give Abbie manicures even before they were married because he "didn't want to pay for her to spend time with someone else."

That’s just fucking creepy.

• Love 9