Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)

See I think that if Abbie would want to work, JD would figure out a way to make it happen under Mediccorps so that she would be working for or with him. I think it's more of the "working for someone else" part that the patriarchy doesn't like about women working, rather than just working in and of itself. I think many fundie wives will work within the family business and help their husbands, especially before they have a lot of kids and are consumed by child rearing duties. I believe Anna did that early on in her marriage to Smuggar. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I believe Anna went to the car lot early on because she didn't know what to do with herself alone at home, much like Jill who clung to Derick at Walmart corporate. No life skills for these undereducated, under experienced brides.

• Love 15
On 6/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, floridamom said:

I believe Anna went to the car lot early on because she didn't know what to do with herself alone at home, much like Jill who clung to Derick at Walmart corporate. No life skills for these undereducated, under experienced brides.

Taking to Josh & Anna thread

(edited)

I just finished the podcast "I Pray You Put This Journal Away."  The host, Justin, was friends with the Duggar boys when he was a teen.  In his last episode, I enjoyed a behind the scenes story he told of when he, his brother, Josh and JD went for a hike in the woods after Josh got done with his ditch-digging "punishment."  He says that there had been some playful shoving between Josh and JD, and then JD must've gotten pushed over his limit by Josh because it escalated into a slap/wrestle fight between Josh and JD (he compared it to the fight between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones' Diary, which made me smile).  Justin mentions that he never knew that quiet, easy-going JD even had it in him to take on Josh, who was bigger and much stronger.

It makes me wonder how much rage and anger and hate JD had to suppress when Josh fell the first time and was welcomed back into the fold.  I assume JD was raised to worship Josh just like the rest of the kids and that even though Josh "strayed," he was still the superior older brother who commanded respect.  I cannot being to imagine the extreme cognitive dissonance that had to have caused in JD's head.  I also wonder if he felt heavy responsibility of keeping his sisters safe once Josh came back?

Basically, if any of these kids writes a tell-all, I need it to be JD.  Or Jana.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

It makes me wonder how much rage and anger and hate JD had to suppress when Josh fell the first time and was welcomed back into the fold.  I assume JD was raised to worship Josh just like the rest of the kids and that even though Josh "strayed," he was still the superior older brother and commanding of respect.  I cannot being to imagine the extreme cognitive dissonance that had to have caused in JD's head.  I also wonder if he felt heavy responsibility of keeping his sisters safe once Josh came back?

Basically, if any of these kids writes a tell-all, I need it to be JD.  Or Jana.

I could imagine JD has a lot of rage and anger. He doesn't owe us (meaning the general public) any explanation or thought on his feelings, but I do hope that he is able to at least talk to Abby about it.

He may not feel comfortable being vulnerable with Joe, because JD is the elder brother who feels a responsibility towards Joe, but its got to be hard to be in JD's position under the best circumstances.

• Love 9

The Josh/JD fight could be related to Josh's foul behaviors or it could just be two brothers fighting.

We are on the outside looking in. Our feelings about Josh aren't filled with the same complications that his siblings' feelings are. I'm guessing for the most part, the Duggar siblings either compartmentalized their feelings or truly forgave Josh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

We are on the outside looking in. Our feelings about Josh aren't filled with the same complications that his siblings' feelings are. I'm guessing for the most part, the Duggar siblings either compartmentalized their feelings or truly forgave Josh.

Yes yes, I agree with you- I would assume a sibling's feelings would be even more complicated than our feelings. To just Josh is a stranger, to JD he probably has some great memories with Josh, along with feelings of joy mixed in with whatever he feels about Josh's duties as an elder brother, the parents' favorite, the molestations and then the 2015 scandals. 

They say family can hurt you the most, and I think thats true, because one they are the closest in proximity to you (to have the ability to do so) and there are all the social and practical expectations wrapped up in their behavior (both public and private).

You can love someone, and relish in the joy you had together, but absolutely hate the things they have done and be so disappointed in them.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would assume a sibling's feelings would be even MORE complicated than our feelings. To just Josh is a stranger, to JD he probably has some great memories with Josh, along with feelings of joy mixed in with whatever he feels about Josh's duties as an elder brother, the parents' favorite, the molestations and then the 2015 scandals. 

They say family can hurt you the most, and I think thats true, because one they are the closest in proximity to you (to have the ability to do so) and there are all the social and practical expectations wrapped up in their behavior (both public and private).

You can love someone, and relish in the joy you had together, but absolutely hate the things they have done and be so disappointed in them.

Yes, I agree...

I wrote: Our feelings about Josh aren't filled with the same complications that his siblings' feelings are.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, I agree...

I wrote: Our feelings about Josh aren't filled with the same complications that his siblings' feelings are.

Yes you did! I was agreeing. Let me edit. 

• Love 2
On 6/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, floridamom said:

Actually, she worked at the carlot. She did a lot of the paperwork and running the office. Given how lazy her husband is, I'm not surprised she was chores at the car lot. 

On topic, I hope JD and Abbie are thinking about their future.

• Love 6
On 6/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, Temperance said:

Actually, she worked at the carlot. She did a lot of the paperwork and running the office. Given how lazy her husband is, I'm not surprised she was chores at the car lot. 

On topic, I hope JD and Abbie are thinking about their future.

There couldn't have been that much paperwork or office chores to do for that tiny business, especially considering how much time Smuggar and Ofsmuggar spent traveling to New York (gender reveal for TV), filming, and other family nonsense. Ofsmuggar went to the car lot to be with Smuggar and not be alone at home. 

Topic: I don't blame Abbie for wearing a light shirt under that dress. The dress looks like thin material, and it might be clingy. And I'm certainly no fundie, so it's not a modesty issue as much as personal discomfort with showing my body.

Also topic: So when is John due? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Abbie, the white 'modesty tee' is not needed with that dress, honey.

I own a very similar dress and have also been blessed with a chest that makes some dresses go from perfectly acceptable on the hanger to indecent on my body.  I do not need a modesty cami underneath that particular dress.

• Useful 4

Could the dress be sheer? I do a lot of camis in the summer not just for neckline coverage but also because summer tops can be so thin, and you’d be able to see my belly button without a cami underneath. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 5/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, mynextmistake said:

I’ve always wondered if Gothard made exceptions for maternal health. I had severe HG with Mini Mistake and that, coupled with some other pregnancy/birth complications, is the reason she’s an only. My OB basically said I should stop at one or “we might not be as lucky next time.” Does anyone know if this would be allowed under Gothard rules? 

I wonder too. Michelle must have gone on BC after Josie…?

3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Didn't Michelle have a miscarriage after Josie?  I think she went through menopause.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

She got tested by her gynecologist who told her that her hormones levels were close to menopause and she was unlikely to get pregnant.  It was so important that it was on an episode. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

So Abbies selling those dresses from China like the Bates girls.  I wonder if there's any back and forth about that!

They should really think about where they’re coming from.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Yes, they named the miscarriage Jubilee. 

And buried it in an ammo box, as you do.

No, wait, that's not something normal people do, in any way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She got tested by her gynecologist who told her that her hormones levels were close to menopause and she was unlikely to get pregnant.  It was so important that it was on an episode. 

Thanks. I’ve rarely actually watched the show. 

I was thinking Jubilee happened before Josie. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
23 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They should really think about where they’re coming from.

When the Bates girls were moving into their new location all those piled up boxes said China on them!

I had guessed that but then it was confirmed 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

When the Bates girls were moving into their new location all those piled up boxes said China on them!

I had guessed that but then it was confirmed 

I have a feeling they are vehemently anti-China but don’t see the hypocrisy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I have a feeling they are vehemently anti-China but don’t see the hypocrisy.

I’m sure they’re all about American made stuff and promoting the USA and all that but don’t actually put their money where their mouths are. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

These are the Bates sisters. While Abbie may know there's a China, the Bates ladies probably think the dresses were packed in boxes that previously held tea party sets. I can see Carlin being like wow, we're recycling!

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Gracie is such a cutie.

She is adorable! I don't know why, though, I always get the feeling that she doesn't grow. I mean, most of the other kids in the new generation, it seems as though they are turning two or three before you get a chance to think about it, but Gracie seems as though she's been at her current age since forever ago.

• Love 16
55 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I always get the feeling that she doesn't grow.

That's how I felt about PubliciTEE   But now since we don't see her, the next time they leak a photo, she'll look all grown up.

• Love 10

Its a little hard to see in this picture because Gracie has her legs pulled in, but I think Gracie (& Bella) is tiny compared to her cousins. Addie, Bella and Maryella were all born in November. Maryella (center), is only 6 weeks older than Gracie, whose birthday is in January. Evey is about 8 months younger than Gracie. Bella and Gracie, who look about the same size, are two months apart in age. I think the tiny ones grow slower, so the changes in growth are more subtle. 

image.png.75dc652a606c7a9259952630d1f005cb.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
On 6/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

She is adorable! I don't know why, though, I always get the feeling that she doesn't grow. I mean, most of the other kids in the new generation, it seems as though they are turning two or three before you get a chance to think about it, but Gracie seems as though she's been at her current age since forever ago.

She is adorable! But I agree that she seems small for her age, kids grow at different rates though so it doesn’t seem odd at this point in her life. 

(edited)

Gracie is just the cutest! I love her boots. She reminds me of the last child I watched, who was the most smiley child.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 16

I wonder how JD could have possibly watched the rodeo with those 3 girls in the daisy duke shorts in the row in front of them. Did abbie have to cover his eyes in case he had thoughts that couldn't be righteously fulfilled???

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

According to The Sun, Abbie has earned a pilot's license.

Darn, a Duggar doing something sensible. I have no interest in becoming a pilot whatsoever. But if my husband was an avid pilot, and I was often flying with him and my daughter, that would be incentive enough. You never know when an emergency will arise. 

• Love 21