Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm surprised at Abbie too. She didn't strike me as the sort to do this. Part of me wonders if there is pressure from JB to "keep the Duggar brand out there"? We have seen some of the others do it every so often but not consistently. 

I kind of think that there might be a pile of junk at the TTH and they are all expected to take something home whenever they visit the TTH and do a bit of shilling. I can't imagine that Joy contacted a company about eye liner or false eye lashes. Abbie might have picked this one because it seemed more in her wheelhouse than false eyelashes or frumpy clothes.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I kind of think that there might be a pile of junk at the TTH and they are all expected to take something home whenever they visit the TTH and do a bit of shilling. I can't imagine that Joy contacted a company about eye liner or false eye lashes. Abbie might have picked this one because it seemed more in her wheelhouse than false eyelashes or frumpy clothes.

I don't think that's how this works. The savings they offer are usually their names. I think companies look on IG and find folks with high number of followers and cut a deal, in addition to influencers who scout out products on their own. Of course the sisters could recommend their sisters to companies as well.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think that's how this works. The savings they offer are usually their names. I think companies look on IG and find folks with high number of followers and cut a deal, in addition to influencers who scout out products on their own. Of course the sisters could recommend their sisters to companies as well.

My daughters have friends from dance back when they were younger who now apparently have companies stalking their Instagram feeds, expressing interest in making deals.   When they mentioned it and showed me a couple posts it seemed to be more small fashion houses looking to get their name out there in front of the college age set, not product manufacturers, but I'm not sure.   Then again I'm guessing that small fashio houses hoping to get their brand trending on club dance floors probably scroll right on by Duggar accounts.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

My daughters have friends from dance back when they were younger who now apparently have companies stalking their Instagram feeds, expressing interest in making deals.   When they mentioned it and showed me a couple posts it seemed to be more small fashion houses looking to get their name out there in front of the college age set, not product manufacturers, but I'm not sure.   Then again I'm guessing that small fashio houses hoping to get their brand trending on club dance floors probably scroll right on by Duggar accounts.   

I would say that might be a mistake. If there was a company out there that specialized in "modern modest," and that company could get a Duggar daughter to completely toss her old wardrobe and agree to a 100% makeover, they might have something.

All of the Duggar daughters are attractive. If they could get one of them to trim their hair, and wear it in some fun and different styles; wear a modest amount of age and occasion-appropriate makeup; and wear some cute clothes THAT FIT they might have an actual social media narrative.

The problem is, of course, that they are so half-assed about everything they do. There is no narrative, or continuity, to any of it. Joy smearing black eye liner on her eyes and wearing magnetic(?) lashes, doesn't track with ANYTHING we know about Joy. Jill yanks on those Citrus and Lemon clothes, takes some photos, and they disappear from her wardrobe.

If one of them got some coaching on a simple 5-minute face, and a simple up-do, She could do a demo for her IG and then we could see her going about her day looking well put together in her Citrus and Lemon (or whatever) clothes.

• Love 10

wondering today why Mediccorps has not "deployed" a team to the southern states hit by tornadoes. Easy to see why really for Lawson and Nathan they are following their girlfriends around, Jackson Bates has a broken arm. Jase Duggar is busy visiting Hilaria for her photo ops. But JD, Josiah ,James, Andrew Patton, Trace and Warden Bates, Jana and Laura, Austin??? nobody gets deployed to help close to home? All that training they have been doing and asking for donations and nothing?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

wondering today why Mediccorps has not "deployed" a team to the southern states hit by tornadoes. Easy to see why really for Lawson and Nathan they are following their girlfriends around, Jackson Bates has a broken arm. Jase Duggar is busy visiting Hilaria for her photo ops. But JD, Josiah ,James, Andrew Patton, Trace and Warden Bates, Jana and Laura, Austin??? nobody gets deployed to help close to home? All that training they have been doing and asking for donations and nothing?

They haven’t even posted on their Instagram since December 1, 2020.

Of course their donation page is still available. 🤦‍♀️

This is the post:

4E1D8E36-D210-43FE-A95F-FD9F22844CFE.jpeg

so far the donation resources seem to have been used to hire a person to come teach them all basic first aid so Lawson could pose with his certificate. Austin and some others did skydiving training and it seems like a bunch did some sort of diving training. Though all of them have traveled all over the place in a pandemic, they have deployed no teams to any disaster since they got the IRS charitable status

I think it was Lawson Bates who referenced the skydiving training being a part of their "rescue and recovery" training. Not sure if he mentioned mediccrops by name.  But it was something to the effect of they could skydive into disaster areas. Like that's even a thing....

• LOL 10
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

... been sent a cease & desist from the REAL Medicorps....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I think it was Lawson Bates who referenced the skydiving training being a part of their "rescue and recovery" training. Not sure if he mentioned mediccrops by name.  But it was something to the effect of they could skydive into disaster areas. Like that's even a thing....

Skydiving training?  Do they think trouble's brewing on the beaches of Normandy again or something?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible haha

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

nw81dpnsatp61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I could be reading this completely wrong, but this looks to me like the face of a woman who would prefer getting up every morning and going to work over shilling garbage on SM.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I could be reading this completely wrong, but this looks to me like the face of a woman who would prefer getting up every morning and going to work over shilling garbage on SM.

Hard to tell if she's just awkward or uncomfortable doing something like this, if she is doing so out of some obligation or pressure or if she's unhappy doing it.   It would be impossible to know from looking at her if she would rather be heading off to work instead.   If she did who would take care of their daughter?   My instinct is she would be okay with Jana taking care of her, if that didn't pull the baby constantly into the TTH, and I'm sure there would be a lot of family questions and pressure on Jana if she simply stayed at John and Abbie's while watching the baby or took her to the park or on walks, etc. instead of bringing her to fellowship with the rest of the merry bunch.    

• Love 4

I wish Abbie would go back to work, even part-time. It would help keep her current in an actually useful field, and i hope they’re smart enough to realise that the counting on money, if it doesn’t completely dry up, is going to be spread waaay to thinly eventually.  And, around here, at least, places are happy to hire nurses for part-time schedules, and she might be able to work it out that it is family or, gasp, the *father* watching Grace.

ETA: I just looked up her license and she renewed it in 2019, after marrying JD, so, it seems like her going back isn’t completely off the table. At least, they still thought it was useful to maintain her license after marriage. 

Edited by Monkeyrocks
Added info
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Monkeyrocks said:

ETA: I just looked up her license and she renewed it in 2019, after marrying JD, so, it seems like her going back isn’t completely off the table. At least, they still thought it was useful to maintain her license after marriage. 

I'm glad she renewed it. IMO that suggests that even if she doesn't want to go back to work right now, she didn't hate that work and wants to hang on to the license she studied and worked to obtain.

• Love 5

But in most states you have to actually practice a certain number of hours or you have to take a refresher course if you don't,  so she could be needing to take a class. Is that allowed for a Dugger?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

But in most states you have to actually practice a certain number of hours or you have to take a refresher course if you don't,  so she could be needing to take a class. Is that allowed for a Dugger?

Is she willing to take refresher courses? At this point, I don't think she is. Just a gut feeling I have.

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

Well, at least she wouldn't have to attend a class with heathens.  And you have many topics to choose from, so there's bound to be some acceptable topic...

I can report that I have not seen Abbie in any class. 😆

Topic: Abbie seems down to earth. I get the impression from her MLM shills that she knows they're crap, but she does it to go along and get along. Or maybe she does it because they need the money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, ouinason said:

It's actually not a terrible idea to have a licensed nurse around with that community sized family.  Maybe Abbie is involved with Medicorps or whatever as well.

Maybe she could specialize in skydiver traumas?

• LOL 15
7 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Maybe she could specialize in skydiver traumas?

I think you're more likely to need a morgue. . . .

It's not the same, but I keep thinking of that airborne song "Blood on the Risers." 

"The ambulance was on the spot, the jeeps were running wild,
The medics jumped and screamed with glee, they rolled their sleeves and smiled,
For it had been a week or more since last a 'chute had failed,
And he ain't gonna jump no more."

20 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's not the same, but I keep thinking of that airborne song "Blood on the Risers." 

Forget who it was or what thread it was in, but someone within the past couple days did refer to them as Medicorpse.

• LOL 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Forget who it was or what thread it was in, but someone within the past couple days did refer to them as Medicorpse.

That sounds about right. I have no personal experience with skydiving, but my dad was in the 82nd Airborne back in the early 80s and he and his buddies also used to skydive for fun at the time, so I have some tangential knowledge of what happens when things fuck up. (Hence why I'm familiar with the "Blood on the Risers" song. I learned it when I was about 8, and now rereading the lyrics, I'm questioning why I knew any of that at that age. LOL)

But I can't fathom any rescue situation where you would need to either skydive or jump in. I just. My mind. It boggles. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Forget who it was or what thread it was in, but someone within the past couple days did refer to them as Medicorpse

Ha yea that was me beacuse I'm crankier than usual and they piss me off,

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Wow this brought back memories of the men singing that on Band of Brothers. Loved that scene and loved that song (even though it's morbid, but then again, that's the point).

Topic? I honestly doubt Abbie is gonna ever use her degree again (or at least not in a job/work context).

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Give ‘em a break, guys, they’re jumping for Jesus!

Thanks for the earworm.  I will be humming the Pointer Sisters for the rest of the day thinking about Hugh Grant dancing

• LOL 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Pinke said:

Wow this brought back memories of the men singing that on Band of Brothers. Loved that scene and loved that song (even though it's morbid, but then again, that's the point).

Topic? I honestly doubt Abbie is gonna ever use her degree again (or at least not in a job/work context).

It was in one of my dad's military books at the end. I don't want to call it a yearbook but that's what it looked like almost. I had no clue how old the song was until I watched Band of Brothers. They were still singing it in the 80s! I bet paratroopers still sing it now! 

To be on topic, maybe MedicCorpse needs their own theme sing. Lol @MargeGunderson I think you have suggested the most likely contender! 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, Pinke said:

I think the true indicator will be whether she renews it in 2022. You need to complete a certain amount of hours/education/training to renew it, so, if she does, it means she’s at least keeping up with requirements. It’s not arduous to complete them, but, a lot of people who don’t intend to go back into a field don’t keep up with it (I’m a teacher, and we have to complete X hours of education to every five years to renew our certifications, whether we’re working or not). 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

I think the true indicator will be whether she renews it in 2022. You need to complete a certain amount of hours/education/training to renew it, so, if she does, it means she’s at least keeping up with requirements. It’s not arduous to complete them, but, a lot of people who don’t intend to go back into a field don’t keep up with it (I’m a teacher, and we have to complete X hours of education to every five years to renew our certifications, whether we’re working or not). 

I'm a LICSW and we need 30 CEUs over two years to stay current, whether we're working or not. Its kind of a pain in the ass and can be expensive if your agency doesn't offer free ones. For LICSWs there's always a few free ones floating around online, but there usually for only one or two CEUs. An all day event can run a couple hundred dollars and it would only be 6 CEUs.

Not sure how many CEUs LPNs require, but like you said, it'll show she put in effort to keep her license current.

• Love 7
(edited)

Here are LPN renewal requirements from the Arkansas Department of Health:

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/arsbn-lpn-renewal

It's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate because you have to keep clicking on different links for more information, but it looks like the renewal is an automatic $90 on its own, and you need to do 15 contact hours or a college credit course to renew the LPN license. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

Where I live, the CEU requirements for my LPN license are a joke.  I can pay about $20 to take an online class and reading the material is optional.  After you read it or skim it, you answer questions like "How will the information you read help you in your job?"  You can just b.s. your way through it honestly.

• Useful 6
On 4/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Thanks for the earworm.  I will be humming the Pointer Sisters for the rest of the day thinking about Hugh Grant dancing

There are far worse ways to spend your time.

Looks like Arkansas requires LPN's to get a grand total of 15 hours of continuing nursing education in order to renew their license.  Or they can take a certification exam or an academic class.  If Abby has any nursing connections at all, she can get CEU's from any nursing education conferences sponsored by local hospitals, usually for free.  She'd have to show up at a meeting once or twice a month for an hour and could easily get enough credits to renew in less than a year.  These days, most hospitals are doing continuing education courses virtually, so she wouldn't even need to leave the house and most courses can be watched at any time for credit, unlike live conferences.

I hope she is doing this, it helps to keep her foot in the door and can help make contacts should she need to job hunt.  Some medical boards allow practitioners to put their license on ice, so to speak, if they want to take a break for a few years for whatever reason and the cost of the non-active license is much less and the educational credits needed are fewer.  Plenty of nurses take a break to raise kids, move with their spouse's job, pursue another line of work but keep their license in escrow, so to speak, so they can return to nursing easily should they choose to do so.  Also, if she's really serious about maintaining her ability to work as a nurse, Abby ought to be looking to take the extra courses needed to upgrade from LPN to RN.  More opportunities, more pay, more job security.  I think that's a longshot for her, though.

The infamous Kate Gosselin was an RN before she had sextuplets and got a TV show.  As I recall, she worked as a dialysis nurse and her coworkers hated her by all accounts.  Anyway, she constantly bragged that she kept her nursing license 'just in case' the reality TV thing didn't work out.  I seem to recall someone checking it out and she was listed as in good standing although inactive.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 9