Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 3/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, cmr2014 said:

I could be reading this completely wrong, but this looks to me like the face of a woman who would prefer getting up every morning and going to work over shilling garbage on SM.

And for the love of everything...STOP WASHING YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS!!! I cannot believe they don’t know this just smears crap around. Use a washcloth. 

• Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 1:44 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Give ‘em a break, guys, they’re jumping for Jesus!

I read that as humping for Jesus... I will take myself to the prayer closet 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, Pinke said:

Wow this brought back memories of the men singing that on Band of Brothers. Loved that scene and loved that song (even though it's morbid, but then again, that's the point).

Topic? I honestly doubt Abbie is gonna ever use her degree again (or at least not in a job/work context).

She can take care of Jim and Michelle for free! Doubt Abby will ever work again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

In PA, teachers need 180 hours every five years. You have to do next to nothing to miss it, with all the PD the district has us do. Something like a one hour workshop counts one hour, a bonafide college course credit counts for 30 hours. 

You also have to get thirty credits beyond your bachelors in the first six years of *working*, but those can also count toward your 180 hours. They also let you roll over up to 50 “excess” hours, so, since I did my masters degree my first cycle, I was pretty set for the second cycle, and rolled extra over for my third, and I’m back in college for an ESL cert, so I literally have something like over 500 hours and I’m not even due to renew until 2023. 

Edited by Monkeyrocks
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Temperance said:

Grace is adorable. The picture is a little weird. It looks like Grace was photoshopped in. 

I just scrolled back to see... and you're right. She looks photoshopped. So much so, that I can't unsee it now. It's so obvious now. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Grace is adorable. The picture is a little weird. It looks like Grace was photoshopped in. 

I thought it was just me.   The physics of Gracie's center of gravity and Abbie's stance don't compute in my mind.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think it's because we can't see both of her arms.

That's precisely part of my issue, the way Kendra's shoulder is turned into and under JD's arm makes it appear she has an arm around his back.  Even though she may not, the way her torso is turned would compromise how much leverage that arm would have underneath Gracie.    

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

And a creepy comment from Hilaria. She spends a lot of time commenting on IG.

I would stand up and applaud if Abbie becomes the first Duggar to block that crazy beyotch.

• LOL 16
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

What was the response from Hilaria?

Something about Gracie being cute enough for Hilaria to eat her up, and saying that her kids want to keep JD and Abbie's Christmas card up so they can stare at Gracie all the time.

Edited by laurakaye
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Something about Gracie being cute enough for Hilaria to eat her up, and saying that her kids want to keep JD and Abbie's Christmas card up so they can stare at Gracie all the time.

I am sure Hilaria thought she was being complimentary, but it is pretty creepy. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I am sure Hilaria thought she was being complimentary, but it is pretty creepy. 

Well hopefully next year this time, she will have her own grandchild and she can leave Gracie alone. 

• Love 6

I've never had an instagram account, but I've never had problems with someone's pictures/account showing up... until recently. The only thing that pops up now is the log in. Anyone else have this problem? 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

giphy.gif

• LOL 8

So, I know the phrase "eat her up" as an affectionate one. But Hilaria literally says "we could eat her." Like a threat of cannibalism. Is--is Hilaria taking social media tips from Armie Hammer? 😄 😄 😄 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 21
10 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I've never had an instagram account, but I've never had problems with someone's pictures/account showing up... until recently. The only thing that pops up now is the log in. Anyone else have this problem? 

Yes, that happens to me too

But I have an account with my e-mail set for this types of things, so I can still follow

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Like @Normades, misspelling someone's name on SM drives me crazy. I see it on FB birthday wishes all the time. Sarah as Sara, Lili as Lily, Meghan as Megan, Sean as Shawn. Their names are right there in front of them.

Exactly. Even if it's an odd or ridiculous spelling, or a ridiculous name it's rude and disrespectful to misspell someone's name. And you should take extra care to make sure names are spelled correctly. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Exactly. Even if it's an odd or ridiculous spelling, or a ridiculous name it's rude and disrespectful to misspell someone's name. And you should take extra care to make sure names are spelled correctly. 

Is Abbie short for Abigail or is her name Abbie? I know a LOT of people who will not spell the names correctly and do not give a shit because it’s not the “legal name” so there is no “one way” it must be spelt. 

not condoning it at all, I’ve dealt with it all my life, but besides the fact that Carlin is damn near Illiterate it wouldn’t surprise me if she was one of those.

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Is Abbie short for Abigail or is her name Abbie? I know a LOT of people who will not spell the names correctly and do not give a shit because it’s not the “legal name” so there is no “one way” it must be spelt. 

not condoning it at all, I’ve dealt with it all my life, but besides the fact that Carlin is damn near Illiterate it wouldn’t surprise me if she was one of those.

If that's the case, then call her 'Abigail; be done with it.  However, it is certainly possible that her name is actually Abbie.

In grade school, I had a friend named Liddie, an old family name.  One of the nuns insisted that this could not possibly be her real name and insisted on referring to her as Lydia and would only accept work from her with that first name.  I thought it was awful then and haven't changed my mind with time.  If Carlin is such a 'sweet friend' of Abbie's, then she should get her name right.

I cannot imagine Carlin letting it slide if someone wrote her name as Karlin or her baby as Leila.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If that's the case, then call her 'Abigail; be done with it.  However, it is certainly possible that her name is actually Abbie.

In grade school, I had a friend named Liddie, an old family name.  One of the nuns insisted that this could not possibly be her real name and insisted on referring to her as Lydia and would only accept work from her with that first name.  I thought it was awful then and haven't changed my mind with time.  If Carlin is such a 'sweet friend' of Abbie's, then she should get her name right.

I cannot imagine Carlin letting it slide if someone wrote her name as Karlin or her baby as Leila.

Oh for sure! I had family do this to me because my nickname was not my birth name, and they couldn’t be bothered to ask or pay attention. And you are right, Carlin wouldn’t like it! 

• Love 2