Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gary and Kristina have settled down but on the MTV paycheck and child support from Amber.  I'm sure they see the money tree shaking.  If Amber is 'let go' you can believe there will be no part for Gary and there goes their $$$.  Neither of them work so what they get from the show and Amber supports them.  Granted they seem to be at least sensible with their money they still want more.  Nobody wants to lose a fat paycheck.

I agree they probably don't want to lose that fat check, but if I remember correctly, Gary was buying property to rent out, so I think he has secured himself a steady income when the gravy train ends.  

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree they probably don't want to lose that fat check, but if I remember correctly, Gary was buying property to rent out, so I think he has secured himself a steady income when the gravy train ends.  

Gary is a police officer now, surely he has steady income regardless.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gary and Kristina have settled down but on the MTV paycheck and child support from Amber.  I'm sure they see the money tree shaking.  If Amber is 'let go' you can believe there will be no part for Gary and there goes their $$$.  Neither of them work so what they get from the show and Amber supports them.  Granted they seem to be at least sensible with their money they still want more.  Nobody wants to lose a fat paycheck.

Gary owns rental properties and works in law enforcement. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

All the posters who said Amber would end up with Gary renting her one of his houses ( for Leah’s sake) were on the money! Andrew will take what he can and move on down the line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, starfire said:

Poor Leah. It never ends for that sweet girl. I bet she gets teased at school over this type of drama and I feel sad for her. 

I don’t worry as much about Leah. Something about her says: I got this. 👍🏼.

Sure shits fucked up for her but she’s going to be ok. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, smhjess said:

All unstable felons with violent tendencies keep machetes.  It makes perfect sense to keep a machete in a home with a 1 year old.  I have 3 of them.

Well, as Jenelle has taught us, being a felon ain’t illegal!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I don’t worry as much about Leah. Something about her says: I got this. 👍🏼.

Sure shits fucked up for her but she’s going to be ok. 

Yeah I feel like Leah has had Amber's number for quite some time.

• Love 18

Amber bought the machete after hearing a gunshot?  She really thinks she is going to defend herself with a machete against a gun?  She can't have a baseball bat like everyone else?

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

MTV , if you provide this woman any more  money and support you are complicit with domestic abuse and possible future child amuse. Please, I beg you, she already told us a million times that this show has and is ruining her life so let her go. I agree with all those who say, there will be no redemption arc for Amber. She is what she is and has no interest in changing that. I’m sick of watching it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

MTV , if you provide this woman any more  money and support you are complicit with domestic abuse and possible future child amuse. Please, I beg you, she already told us a million times that this show has and is ruining her life so let her go. I agree with all those who say, there will be no redemption arc for Amber. She is what she is and has no interest in changing that. I’m sick of watching it.

Unfortunately, when the producers heard the news of Amber's arrest they gathered a camera crew and high tailed it to Indiana. Amber will probably get a raise.

• Love 4
(edited)

So Bubby has the facts and evidence, huh?  More than the court?  Well then he's a pretty shitty brother to be sitting on it, only tweeting about how he has it, rather than taking the 'facts and evidence' straight to the judge.  He truly is an amazing and all knowing seer, considering only 2 people who can speak were there.

Also, 'the truth will come out' is usually the last thing you ever hear from a guilty defendant.  That itself is the defense I guess. 

Edited by eskimo
to add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

I have bipolar disorder. It is possible to lead a sane and useful life with therapy, medication, and a healthy lifestyle. But you cannot drink EVER on bipolar medications. A day off here and there to drink is extremely harmful. You cannot play with your meds. 

I thought I remembered an earlier episode when Amber was first pregnant with James and she told her mother or someone else that she was off all her medication because she didn't need it anymore because she and Andrews were SO happy and she just felt so great. But I could be remembering wrong. A lot of mentally ill people go off their medication when they shouldn't. 

I definitely think Amber is mentally ill, and also has a hair-trigger temper. But I also noticed that Andrew was very quick to knock Amber up, move to Indiana, quit his camera man job and sit on his ass. I think Andrew has some issues too, and I can't help but wonder what else was going on that night when the machete made an appearance. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Clawdel said:

I have bipolar disorder. It is possible to lead a sane and useful life with therapy, medication, and a healthy lifestyle. But you cannot drink EVER on bipolar medications. A day off here and there to drink is extremely harmful. You cannot play with your meds. 

We all saw Amber drinking on the girls get away!

15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Gary has property because he's smart with the money he received from the show!  It's called feathering your nest!  He earned that money from being Ambers victim and Leahs dad!

15 hours ago, blubld43 said:

He is maybe auxiliary police.  Big difference!

14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Gary owns rental properties and works in law enforcement. 

Above!

• Love 6

Yeah that would have been great Cate, just let her in the bathroom while in one of her rages and let her chop up both of them. Cate needs to have a fucking seat and stfu. She should be saying how she hopes Crazy Train gets the help she needs. But nooooo, for years this bitch has egged on Amber's behavior, reunion with Farrah, and cannot see the bigger picture. Next thing Crazy Train is going to come up with is that she is still postpartum. No Crazy Train, you're fucking crazy and off your meds and on other shit. 

• Love 15

Cate can fuck off. Amber could have very likely killed someone had Andrew not held the door. She's a violent maniac and I don't see much distinction between her and David, except size. 

The whole show (and reality television in general) exploits mentally and emotionally challenged people who never matured properly. They finally fired Jenelle, but the reality is that ratings will drop without her because she was doing the heavy lifting entertainment-wise. Same thing with Amber. The other girls have no story that anyone wants to watch. Maci complaining that MTV doesn't show her doing regular mom things is comical. No one wants to watch a regular mother change diapers. They want to watch Amber with a machete. If they had video of Amber wielding the machete, ratings would soar. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't see much distinction between her and David, except size. 

and the fact that David can legally own an arsenal of guns because he ain't a felon....yet. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

What I find questionable in the police report is it said Andrew kept trying to call her during the 3 hours he was out to see if she calmed down and she didn't answer.  He then later realized she left her phone in the car.  He didn't hear it ring or vibrate while he was in the car?  More importantly, we all know Amber doesn't go 30 minutes without social media, much less 3 hours.  I'm assuming she uses her phone for that, but maybe she has a laptop.  I just can't see Amber without her precious phone for hours.

Any other latinas here?  Amber took the ol Mexican grandmas way to do things.  The chancla (sandle/flip flop in Spanish) method.  Except because it's Amber, it seems way serious.  Also, a baby involved.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

22D9AE21-2413-43F8-BC29-24057E9DF459.jpeg

Amber's brother one minute before posting this tweet:

giphy.gif

So, I read the affidavit and this entry struck me as weirdly worded:

July9,2019, Detective White spoke to Officer Ryan Salisbury. Detective White clarified information with Officer Salisbury. Officer Salisbury said he was told about the machete but Andrew first told him that Amber picked up the machete, took it out of the sheath and then stared at it. After Officer Salisbury spoke to Amber about this, he then spoke to Andrew again. Andrew said that maybe she didn’t grab it but also said he didn’t know What to do. Officer Salisbury said he felt Andrew was dealing with conflict with this and was crying the whole time so he did not mention it when writing his report.

I can't make any sense of that bolded statement. Also, if I were being attacked by my machete-wielding girlfriend, I think that might be my first complaint to the police other other than, "She beat my with a flip flop."

I'm not saying I don't believe Andrew and his child weren't being attacked by human-dumpster-fire Amber, but there are things that are kinda hinky with the accounting of her actions that night.

2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

What I find questionable in the police report is it said Andrew kept trying to call her during the 3 hours he was out to see if she calmed down and she didn't answer.  He then later realized she left her phone in the car.  He didn't hear it ring or vibrate while he was in the car?  More importantly, we all know Amber doesn't go 30 minutes without social media, much less 3 hours. 

Agree that this seems weird.  BUT it also explains why she was still so riled after THREE HOURS.  I mean, because he didn't stop his super lucrative day trading activities to find out the best route to the fireworks is apparently what got her angry in the first place, but after he leaves for three hours she's still mad enough to at a minimum go after him with a shoe while he's holding their baby?  But, she's mad and he drives off to let her cool down and then she realizes he has her phone - that would make her even angrier.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Amber's brother one minute before posting this tweet:

giphy.gif

So, I read the affidavit and this entry struck me as weirdly worded:

I can't make any sense of that bolded statement. Also, if I were being attacked by my machete-wielding girlfriend, I think that might be my first complaint to the police other other than, "She beat my with a flip flop."

I'm not saying I don't believe Andrew and his child weren't being attacked by human-dumpster-fire Amber, but there are things that are kinda hinky with the accounting of her actions that night.

They both have a violent past and I don't trust either of them.

From Page Six

Who is Amber Portwood’s boyfriend Andrew Glennon?

On Tuesday, “Teen Mom” star Amber Portwood was charged with three felonies following her arrest for domestic battery against her boyfriend earlier this month. In addition to the criminal charges she now faces, her boyfriend, Andrew Glennon, filed documents to request an emergency hearing to gain sole custody of their son, 1-year-old James.

Glennon, a 35-year-old cinematographer from California, has been dating the 29-year-old reality star since the summer of 2017. While he has appeared with Portwood on “Teen Mom,” there are still a few important facts to know about Glennon as his baby mama drama unfolds.

1. He met Portwood while working on production of "Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars: Family Edition"

The two met while Portwood and ex-fiancé Matt Baier filmed the marriage counseling show, where Glennon worked on the production crew.

“He didn’t really know who I was and we didn’t talk on the show because, you know, he would get in trouble, and I would have gotten in trouble, but I didn’t even know that he even liked me!” Portwood told Us Weekly in August 2017. “It just simply was he had a little crush on me.”

According to Portwood, Glennon reached out two weeks after filming wrapped and she went back to Indianapolis. Radar caught the two kissing three months after she split from Baier, and the couple made their official debut at the 2017 VMAs.

2. He's been served by two ex-girlfriends with restraining orders for stalking allegations

Shortly after their red carpet debut, the relationship was “up in the air” after Radar reported that Glennon had been served with domestic violence restraining orders from two ex-girlfriends, both of whom alleged that he stalked them.

One ex requested he stay at least 100 yards away from her and her dog in an order from October 2013, after he appeared uninvited at her home and place of work, hacked into her iTunes account to track her location and vandalized her and her neighbor’s property. She also accused him of “calling, texting, emailing obsessively and emailing threatening statements.”

Another ex asked that Glennon stay 500 feet away from her, her father, her stepmother and her brother after she received hundreds of harassing emails, phone calls, text messages and Facebook messages and found him at her place of work, home and various bus stops waiting for her.

The orders expired in October 2016 and June 2015, respectively. The latter restraining order was granted temporarily and the case was dismissed when both parties failed to appear in court.

3. Portwood called him her "soulmate" in May and said she would be open to having more kids with him

In an interview with Us Weekly at the end of May 2019, Portwood gushed about her future with Glennon and the possibility of having more kids.

“If that happened, I wouldn’t be mad,“ she said. “There are many things I would do differently with Andrew. I wouldn’t wait to get married. I wouldn’t wait for anything! He’s my soulmate and he’s a beautiful person.”

“I don’t see anybody else I could even, like, mesh with after him. I might have another kid with him,” she added.

4. He sustained a severe ankle injury in 2004 that almost cost him his foot

In 2004, Glennon sustained a compound fracture to his ankle that resulted in eight screws and a battery pack to stimulate scar tissue.

“One doc said they might have to take my foot,” he wrote in his Instagram comments on his most recent post. He also referred to it as a “life long recovery” in another comment.

5. He works as a cinematographer on indie projects

In addition to working on the production crew of the show where he met Portwood, Glennon has worked in the camera and electrical department and served as cinematographer for several smaller projects. According to his IMDb page, his credits include “The Player,” “Takers” and most recently “Kiss Kiss.”

6. He loves creating art

Prior to the birth of his son, Glennon frequently posted pictures of art he admired as well as his own personal projects, ranging from doodles to Play-Doh creations to paintings on various mediums.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Cate can fuck off. Amber could have very likely killed someone had Andrew not held the door. She's a violent maniac and I don't see much distinction between her and David, except size. 

Cate's probably just concerned that MTV will dump Amber, which will send the series down the toilet even faster that it's already headed.

The most recent episode, with 734,000 viewers, indicates that TM continues to shed more and more of it's audience every week.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-july-8-2019

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Cate's probably just concerned that MTV will dump Amber, which will send the series down the toilet even faster that it's already headed.

The most recent episode, with 734,000 viewers, indicates that TM continues to shed more and more it's audience every week.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-july-8-2019

They're on opposite 90 day fiance, I know what I'm watching! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

So, according to the affidavit, she became nasty with him because of traffic, he dropped her off, then he found out the traffic would clear up, and went back to tell her they could still go.  That's when she hit him with the shoe.

Then he drove around for an additional 3 hours, came back bearing gifts, and that's when she went Jack Torrance and he texted 911.  But once they get there he's telling them about the shoe and leaving out the machete until he's interviewed again later?  I hate to agree with Bubby, but something doesn't seem right.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

So, according to the affidavit, she became nasty with him because of traffic, he dropped her off, then he found out the traffic would clear up, and went back to tell her they could still go.  That's when she hit him with the shoe.

Then he drove around for an additional 3 hours, came back bearing gifts, and that's when she went Jack Torrance and he texted 911.  But once they get there he's telling them about the shoe and leaving out the machete until he's interviewed again later?  I hate to agree with Bubby, but something doesn't seem right.

Maybe he should have slid the food (and her cell phone) under the door to appease and distract her, before entering the home. 

She is not going to react well when this MTV ride comes to an end.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

What I find questionable in the police report is it said Andrew kept trying to call her during the 3 hours he was out to see if she calmed down and she didn't answer.  He then later realized she left her phone in the car.  He didn't hear it ring or vibrate while he was in the car?  More importantly, we all know Amber doesn't go 30 minutes without social media, much less 3 hours.  I'm assuming she uses her phone for that, but maybe she has a laptop.  I just can't see Amber without her precious phone for hours.

Any other latinas here?  Amber took the ol Mexican grandmas way to do things.  The chancla (sandle/flip flop in Spanish) method.  Except because it's Amber, it seems way serious.  Also, a baby involved.

It could've been on silent. I'm attached to my phone just like most and I've forgotten my phone at home or in the car while at work a few times 🤷‍♀️

• Love 6
(edited)

Thanks @druzy for posting the affidavit! It was quite the read!

At the end of the day, Amber was in the wrong, plain and simple. There’s no arguing against it. 

After reading the affidavit, I have some questions that I’d love to know the answers to.

Amber had a machete to keep her safe because she had heard gunshots in her neighborhood. (Insert “bring knife to a gunfight” joke here.)

THIS is the level of stupidity the state of Indiana has to deal with. No offense to the logical and intelligent Hoosiers! 

Additionally, neither one of them has a key to the front door? I know there are many places where lots of people don’t lock their doors, but just stay with me for a minute.

Every bit of footage from the house has always shown that both cars are parked in the driveway.

If there was a garage door opener in the car, Andrew could have opened the garage and gone into the house that way. Instead, he stood outside and knocked on the front door.

Which leads me to ask the following question:

Every single time they left their house, the front door was unlocked? The house where Amber resides. In a neighborhood where “gun shots had been heard” and Amber “decided she needed a machete for protection.” They leave the front door unlocked when they’re not home? Who does that?!?!

Sure. Because that makes total sense.

I bet Gary and Kristina were thrilled to have learned about that fun fact!

As awful as it might be, I’m going to say it: When Andrew drove around for three hours, Amber didn’t answer her phone at all. Am I the only one who thinks he was hoping she killed herself? If you loved someone and knew they had threatened to take their life before and they weren’t picking up a phone over a three hour period, why wouldn’t you call the police to request a welfare check OR go home and see that they were still alive?

I don’t believe the possibility that she could have fallen asleep, gave herself a three hour sponge bath or any other normal scenario where one wouldn’t hear their phone ring. Every parent I know, especially those who co-parent, leaves their ringer on 24 hours a day,  just in case. Amber’s phone battery could have died, which is why Andrew didn’t know it was in the car. 

I’m not victim blaming, but it’s becoming much more clear to me how truly odd he is. My first glimpse into his awful decision making was the fact that he fell for Amber during MBC. For those of you who watched, you know exactly what I mean. 

It just don’t make no damn sense.

Edited by Bridget
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Annamz said:

It could've been on silent. I'm attached to my phone just like most and I've forgotten my phone at home or in the car while at work a few times 🤷‍♀️

My kids do this -if their phone rings during school, it's 6 days of detention- It takes us forever to find it when they misplace one.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

Is it possible he regretted "snitching" on Amber? And wanted to minimize her attack? Victims of abuse will often want to protect their abuser, even if they were the one who contacted the police in the first place. 

Not saying he couldn't be making shit up, but it is a possibility.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
Just now, ghoulina said:

Is it possible he regretted "snitching" on Amber? And wanted to minimize her attack? Victims of abuse will often want to protect their abuser, even if they were the one who contacted the police in the first place. 

Not saying he couldn't be making shit up, but it is a possibility.

I’d think it’s a combination of this and being flustered / panicked at the time.

I also think Andrew is kind of dim and probably doesn’t think too quick on his feet, but that’s just my personal opinion.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’d think it’s a combination of this and being flustered / panicked at the time.

I also think Andrew is kind of dim and probably doesn’t think too quick on his feet, but that’s just my personal opinion.

I'll add fear. He HAD to be scared. All these things including the dull part contribute to poor decisions and odd ways to perceive events.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Thanks @druzy for posting the affidavit! It was quite the read!

At the end of the day, Amber was in the wrong, plain and simple. There’s no arguing against it. 

After reading the affidavit, I have some questions that I’d love to know the answers to.

Amber had a machete to keep her safe because she had heard gunshots in her neighborhood. (Insert “bring knife to a gunfight” joke here.)

THIS is the level of stupidity the state of Indiana has to deal with. No offense to the logical and intelligent Hoosiers! 

Additionally, neither one of them has a key to the front door? I know there are many places where lots of people don’t lock their doors, but just stay with me for a minute.

Every bit of footage from the house has always shown that both cars are parked in the driveway.

If there was a garage door opener in the car, Andrew could have opened the garage and gone into the house that way. Instead, he stood outside and knocked on the front door.

Which leads me to ask the following question:

Every single time they left their house, the front door was unlocked? The house where Amber resides. In a neighborhood where “gun shots had been heard” and Amber “decided she needed a machete for protection.” They leave the front door unlocked when they’re not home? Who does that?!?!

Sure. Because that makes total sense.

I bet Gary and Kristina were thrilled to have learned about that fun fact!

As awful as it might be, I’m going to say it: When Andrew drove around for three hours, Amber didn’t answer her phone at all. Am I the only one who thinks he was hoping she killed herself? If you loved someone and knew they had threatened to take their life before, if they weren’t picking up,  why wouldn’t you call the police and request a welfare check OR go home and see that they were still alive?

I don’t believe the possibility that she could have fallen asleep, gave herself a three hour sponge bath or any other normal scenario where one wouldn’t hear their phone ring. Every parent I know, especially those who co-parent, leaves their ringer on 24 hours a day,  just in case. Amber’s phone battery could have died, which is why Andrew didn’t know it was in the car. 

I’m not victim blaming, but it’s becoming much more clear to me how truly odd he is. My first glimpse into his awful decision making was the fact that he fell for Amber during MBC. For those of you who watched, you know exactly what I mean. 

It just don’t make no damn sense.

I've been thinking about that front door.  I imagine they use the garage and keep the front door locked.  They probably either use the garage auto door instead of a key and Amber locked the inner door during the fight but it does not have a door bell or knocker so Andrew had to go to the front door which they don't have a key to so she could hear him.

• Love 2

Hmmmm....Well we don't use our front door either. It stays locked. We go through the garage by remote or keypad. I also never have my ringer on. I can hear it vibrate even when I'm asleep.

All that being said I don't trust this couple in the least but I still think Amber is violent AF. Her hissing vile rants that she willingly posts make me cringe.  

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, smhjess said:

I've been thinking about that front door.  I imagine they use the garage and keep the front door locked.  They probably either use the garage auto door instead of a key and Amber locked the inner door during the fight but it does not have a door bell or knocker so Andrew had to go to the front door which they don't have a key to so she could hear him.

That was my first thought too, but if that’s what did happen, I find it odd that a locked garage door wasn’t mentioned in the affidavit. Had Andrew tried to gain access to the house via a door in the garage, only to find it locked by the defendant, that should have gone in the police report. 

“Andrew said after driving around for about an hour, he went back to the house with J.G.. Andrew returned home with J.G. and the front door was locked. Andrew said they neither have keys to that door so he rang the doorbell.”

I find it way too easy to believe that they would lose both garage door clickers as well as the keys to the front door and not bother to replace them.  

They never leave the house, so they probably didn’t even bother to call a locksmith because it would require getting out of bed or off of the couch to answer the door!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, blubld43 said:

6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

He is maybe auxiliary police.  Big difference!

Thanks for clarifying that, @Jeanne222.  I know how people have gotten the idea that he's a cop with a career and salary and benefits, but there's not any actual evidence of that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was also curious if Andrew could take James off to Cali. Poor guy might be stuck in Indiana for the rest of his life! 

Not that there's anything wrong with Indiana but I'm sure during moments like these he wouldn't mind being around his family.

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 1