Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

ambie.jpg

The delusion in this one is strong.  Angers me that she is bringing mental health into it.  There are plenty of parents who have mental health concerns and have put in the work and effort to be a better parent.  I can’t recall a single time Amber has put either of her children before her lazy and selfish needs.  She needs to take a hard look at herself and the real reasons she has lost custody of both her children.

• Fire 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'd really like to know just how THERE Amber really is.  For the courts to award dad full custody and be allowed to move the boy out of state speaks volumes to me.

As does the part of the order where it states that "the exes [will] follow a new visitation schedule that will be executed in phases to make it easier for James to adjust."

The fact that the visitation schedule is broken into stages to make it easier for the four-year-old to adjust, with the first stage being only three days with a possibility of an overnight, makes it sound like he doesn't spend time with Amber at all and barely knows her.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The two positions seem to contradict each other. If Andrew has sole legal custody he has the right to make decisions for Andrew. Why the order to seek out and consider Amber's opinion?

Because she’s still James’s parent? Asking her for input doesn’t mean Andrew is still not the ultimate decision maker.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Gary took a lot of his TM money and bought investment properties, as well as the farm they live on. I am not familiar with Indiana Law (I am in IL) but she is probably supposed to be paying x % of her income for Leah, and x % for James. But given that she isn't a W-2 wage earner, I can see how she just hasn't paid them (for many persons who are W-2 employees, the support comes out of their paycheck pre-direct deposit, they don't even see it, so they are not behind as long as they are employed, pay roll at their place of employment handles that with the court order).

And I’m assuming that the $600,000 is gross income. She is paid as a self employed contractor, so a big chunk of that would be owed in taxes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

ambie.jpg

I think she has a point regarding the stigma still surrounding mental health disorders. They are illnesses just like physical disorders are and shouldn’t be judged differently. That said, in this case I still agree with the judge in allowing Andrew to take James to California. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

The delusion in this one is strong.  Angers me that she is bringing mental health into it.  There are plenty of parents who have mental health concerns and have put in the work and effort to be a better parent.  I can’t recall a single time Amber has put either of her children before her lazy and selfish needs.  She needs to take a hard look at herself and the real reasons she has lost custody of both her children.

Like many physical illnesses, mental health disorders don’t always get “cured.” They are often disabilities that can’t be completely overcome. And that’s ok - James and Leah are lucky that their other parents are able to raise them. Amber should appreciate this and work on her relationships with her children as the situation stands. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think she has a point regarding the stigma still surrounding mental health disorders. They are illnesses just like physical disorders are and shouldn’t be judged differently. That said, in this case I still agree with the judge in allowing Andrew to take James to California. 

There absolutely is a stigma around mental disorders, just like there are stigmas around physical disabilities/illnesses. But if your illness prohibits you from being able to be a primary caregiver (temporarily or permanently), that is unfortunate, and does not make you a morally bad human being, but a minor child still needs a primary caregiver. 

19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Like many physical illnesses, mental health disorders don’t always get “cured.” They are often disabilities that can’t be completely overcome. And that’s ok - James and Leah are lucky that their other parents are able to raise them. Amber should appreciate this and work on her relationships with her children as the situation stands. 

Yup. I also think Amber is also an asshole and a bad parent- in addition to having mental health problems. I also don't believe she is free from substance use. She has done NOTHING to build a consistent relationship with Leah, even with Gary and Kristina being her primary caregivers. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

There absolutely is a stigma around mental disorders, just like there are stigmas around physical disabilities/illnesses. But if your illness prohibits you from being able to be a primary caregiver (temporarily or permanently), that is unfortunate, and does not make you a morally bad human being, but a minor child still needs a primary caregiver. 

Yup. I also think Amber is also an asshole and a bad parent- in addition to having mental health problems. I also don't believe she is free from substance use. She has done NOTHING to build a consistent relationship with Leah, even with Gary and Kristina being her primary caregivers. 

Addiction is also a disease, but I agree with you. Her kids’ fathers are simply the better choices to be their primary caregivers. She needs to accept that and move forward with trying to improve her relationships from this perspective.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I stopped watching this train wreck a while ago, but from other friends who are divorced, I know it is really hard to take your kid out of state to live without permission from the other parent. Is Amber really still that bad? Was she showing up for her visitations with James? I don't like Amber or Andrew much at all, but I'm surprised the judge gave permission for this. Just from other people I know who have tried to do the same thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t think the judge bought it when she blames wielding a machete on a door and other violent acts on a mental illness.   People have rage and violent tendencies as part of their personality and she hasn’t done the work needed to control it. 

• Love 7

And I’m assuming that the $600,000 is gross income. She is paid as a self employed contractor, so a big chunk of that would be owed in taxes.

She probably pays like $250,000 in taxes… when she pays her taxes.  But still BARF that she makes that much.  When will this free ride end?  Be done with her, MTV!

True, but when mental illness causes one to chase father and son with a machete, it’s clear one can’t properly parent. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She probably pays like $250,000 in taxes… when she pays her taxes.  But still BARF that she makes that much.  When will this free ride end?  Be done with her, MTV!

True, but when mental illness causes one to chase father and son with a machete, it’s clear one can’t properly parent. 

Absolutely. Andrew is definitely the obvious choice here.

• Love 4

So I was reading on Instagram that Amber has missed 59 of her last 104 scheduled visitations with James. I don’t know the source for this info, but if it’s true then it makes complete sense to me why a judge let Andrew move away. He wanted to move back to California a long time ago, but the judge said he couldn’t move away with James at that point, and had to share custody with Amber. Looks like Andrew was smart and has spent the past few years documenting all of Amber’s missed time. No wonder a judge looked at those numbers and let Andrew move with James. Amber spent the past few years proving she doesn’t want to spend time with her kid, so why not let the father move out of state to a place where he has extended family and much better career prospects? I mean, Amber has done the exact same shit with Leah, but Gary didn’t want to move out of state so he didn’t have to push it with a judge.

Amber said in her Insta post something to the effect that she has passed all psych evals and many drug tests required by the court. Now, either 1) she’s lying about passing these, which added more fuel to Andrew’s petition to move, or 2) she’s telling the truth that she’s clean and healthy, which means that she’s an absolute shit person and shit mom at her core and not because of drugs or MI, like she’s tried to claim in the past. I’m not sure which one’s true—it’s a toss up for me when it comes to Amber.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's a shame baby James won't get to know his half sister Leah.  Sigh.  Maybe when they're older they will connect.

I don't know about Andrew, but I know Gary would be willing to facilitate time for Leah to see James and keep in touch. There is also a pretty big age gap (10yrs right?), which can make it harder to have things in common, but I don't see Gary not trying to make sure they keep in touch as much as possible until Leah is an adult and can make those arrangements herself. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

It's a shame baby James won't get to know his half sister Leah.  Sigh.  Maybe when they're older they will connect.

Leah would make a better guardian for James than Amber or Andrew. As bad as Amber is, Andrew impregnated a woman he had been dating for 5 minutes and then willingly came to Indiana to start his new job as an unemployed couch potato. And he did this after he saw her psychotic behavior on another reality show that he was helping to film. She's an asshole, but he's a loser too.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Hope Amber enjoyed that $600K cause that gravy train is about to end. With the reboot I’m sure they’ve cut her salary way down. And this franchise is on its last legs. Unlike Real Housewives I don’t think TM has the same international appeal where the ratings can struggle that badly without them getting cancelled.

I just wonder how much if any she has saved? Even if it’s a couple of million that’s not going to allow her to sit on the couch for the rest of her life.  And I highly doubt it’s anywhere near that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't know about Andrew, but I know Gary would be willing to facilitate time for Leah to see James and keep in touch. There is also a pretty big age gap (10yrs right?), which can make it harder to have things in common, but I don't see Gary not trying to make sure they keep in touch as much as possible until Leah is an adult and can make those arrangements herself. 

Maybe Leah can go out and visit James in a few years once he and Andrew are settled and stable. If Gary feels it’s appropriate and safe for her, it could be a great opportunity for her to travel a bit and experience something outside provincial Indiana. Maybe Gary will take the whole family for a vacation. 🙂 Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hope Amber enjoyed that $600K cause that gravy train is about to end. With the reboot I’m sure they’ve cut her salary way down. And this franchise is on its last legs. Unlike Real Housewives I don’t think TM has the same international appeal where the ratings can struggle that badly without them getting cancelled.

They're not teen mothers anymore. Aren't they all pushing 30 years old?? At this point, most of the original "girls" are just uneducated, low-level reality "stars" who have done very little with all the money and opportunity they were given.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

California to Indiana is a long way. My brother is 12 years younger than me and we have been besties since he was born.   I can’t imagine not having him in my life. 

• Love 4
On 7/28/2022 at 10:41 PM, heatherchandler said:

He’s definitely better off with his father.  Many parents cope with mental illness and are great at being parents.  I was just saying I think her rage and anger issues are separate from her illness.   She’s just an angry hateful person who happens to have a mental illness.    

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, Cinnabon said:

There is no cure, there’s medication, talk therapy, groups and hospitals if symptoms get too severe.   There’s also community health programs that can assist among other programs.  Amber has proven that she’s lazy.   It’s who she is. 

• Love 2

I am rewatching Season 3 of Teen Mom, thinking Amber might have been more likeable in earlier seasons. She's not. Just finished the episode where CPS gets involved after Amber is filmed hitting Gary. Gary is trying to be supportive, and Amber tells him she hates him because he won't say it's his own fault she hit him, that he "made" her do it by antagonizing her. Gary shuts her down by saying there is nothing that should ever "make" someone hit someone else, and she stomps off in a huff. She is an awful, awful person, and she always has been.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

According to The Sun, Amber is either leaving the show or she isn't leaving the show.  Quite a scoop🙂

The source claimed: "Amber has told people she is absolutely out at the show, that she already quit and gave notice to MTV."

The source added she isn't sure of her exact next move yet, but is considering venturing into real estate and flipping houses.

However, a second source told The U.S. Sun that Amber has not officially left the show yet, and is still weighing her options.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7169222/teen-mom-amber-portwood-quits-show-custody-loss/

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2

Amber won’t leave the show. She depends on that big payday to pay two baby daddies child support for her two children that don’t live with her. 

There is no job that pays you to lay in bed or on the sofa all day. 

She’ll be on that show forever. I will say she’s looking really bad on that mother daughter reunion that’s showing now. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 1/19/2023 at 7:16 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

The source claimed: "Amber has told people she is absolutely out at the show, that she already quit and gave notice to MTV."

The source added she isn't sure of her exact next move yet, but is considering venturing into real estate and flipping houses.

However, a second source told The U.S. Sun that Amber has not officially left the show yet, and is still weighing her options.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7169222/teen-mom-amber-portwood-quits-show-custody-loss/

I 100% believe Amber has said that. Maybe some days, in her delusional state, she actually thinks she means it.  It actually shocks me this show keeps getting renewed, given the low ratings and generally obnoxious participants.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, Tatum said:

I am rewatching Season 3 of Teen Mom, thinking Amber might have been more likeable in earlier seasons. She's not. Just finished the episode where CPS gets involved after Amber is filmed hitting Gary. Gary is trying to be supportive, and Amber tells him she hates him because he won't say it's his own fault she hit him, that he "made" her do it by antagonizing her. Gary shuts her down by saying there is nothing that should ever "make" someone hit someone else, and she stomps off in a huff. She is an awful, awful person, and she always has been.

Amber was always an awful evil person. It’s classic abuser behavior, just that the genders were reversed from what is usually portrayed/talked about in the open. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 1/19/2023 at 8:16 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

What happened to college?  Or did somebody finally tell her the school she was enrolled in wasn't actually Purdue University?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 1/19/2023 at 8:16 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

According to The Sun, Amber is either leaving the show or she isn't leaving the show.  Quite a scoop🙂

Oh dear llama above.  Can you imagine a house she flipped ???    A house of cards would be more stable 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

When it all started out it was "innocent" enough . Now it's become clear that she has some pretty serious "issues". With that, I take the stance that it is irresponsible and even reckless to keep her on. I realize cutting off her stream of income that she has relied on and depended on and no doubt thinks is her due will be severely disruptive to her........but I think they ( the power$ that be) need to at least really try to provide some mental health assistance, guidance, demand.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

When it all started out it was "innocent" enough . Now it's become clear that she has some pretty serious "issues". With that, I take the stance that it is irresponsible and even reckless to keep her on. I realize cutting off her stream of income that she has relied on and depended on and no doubt thinks is her due will be severely disruptive to her........but I think they ( the power$ that be) need to at least really try to provide some mental health assistance, guidance, demand.

Several of these Teen Mom girls should not be on a tv show.  Most of them grew up in disfunctional homes.  I don't think any of them are mentally stable.  

Cate appears to be the mother hen but she had to call Junior to come rescue her at the retreat.

If you look at pictures of them its sad.  The only one that seems to have made it out alive is the dentist's kid that has her own show!  One out of....40?

• Like 4