Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

(edited)

Amber Portwood has finally been released from jail, after spending a night behind bars!

The Teen Mom OG star was released from the Marion County, Indiana, jail on Saturday afternoon, according to online court records obtained by The Ashley. The records confirmed that Amber had bonded out.

Amber— who was jailed early Friday morning and charged with Grade 6 felony domestic battery– will need to appear before a judge on Monday, July 8 at 8:30 a.m.

The mother-of-two was arrested after her second baby daddy and current live-in boyfriend, Andrew Glennon, allegedly texted Indiana’s 911 system in the wee hours of Friday morning, stating that he felt his life— as well as the life of the one-year-old son he shares with Amber— was in danger. 

According to local news source The Indy Channel, “Arriving officers say the male victim told them his live-in-girlfriend assaulted him while he was holding their one-year-old child.”

Andrew has yet to make any sort of public statement, and Amber herself has not yet to spoken out. 

While Amber & Co. have remained silent about the alleged domestic battery, Amber’s nemesis— former Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans— was all too happy to post a statement that was obviously directed at Amber.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, druzy said:

Amber got out today. I wonder if she will tweet 😁

Me too! Keep us informed Druzy!

I’m saying 80/20 she will (see narcissistic- MTV’s fault for coddling teenagers for a decade). Maybe depends on how pissed off Hagrid is (who came up with that nickname - it’s great)?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I would like to see an Amber-David duel to the death.  Win-win, either way.  They can use any weapons they choose - guns, flip flops...

The Rick James Charlie Murphy sketch is one of the funniest things ever - if I even think of it while at work or just waking down the street - I struggle to stop all-out laughing.  Fuck your couch!

The other perfect line that fits for amber from that exact sketch is “cocaine issa helluva drug”. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I’m terrible - this thread is comedy gold and I can’t stop laughing!

MASH, original Becky, flip flops, that animated video, Amber’s voice cracking when she says she remember being 18. Poor James and all (no really, that’s sooo sad), but this shit is hilarious! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

In Florida, when there's a domestic battery charge, the offender automatically gets a no-contact order. So if this is true in Indiana, Amber wouldn't be allowed near Andrew or James until the resolution of the case.

Also: there's a point system that determines whether or not someone goes to prison. Amber will have a chunk of points, based on her charges from that sentence, from her previous prison term. Then she'll have points from this arrest. I'd bet my life that she'll get an expensive lawyer, and this charge will be plea bargained down.

Edited by blubld43
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Guess she’ll be “visiting” James now, too. Supervised.

Hmph! What will her cutesy, funny absentee mommy nickname be for James? Butthole is taken already.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

One thing good that happened is Andrew has feathered his own nest.  Taking James will insure a nice child support check from Amber every month for the next 17 years!

I wonder if Amber feels that flip flop slap was worth it?  Probably yes because she's a reality star and not to be messed with!

Will Andrew stay or will he go?  No wonder he's been reluctant to put a ring on it!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m wondering if Andrew and James are at the house. If so , where would Amber have gone upon release?

Gary's farm?  Lol

Speaking of which I wonder if Gary's having some PTSD from all of this!  Domestic violence effects victims forever!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

One thing good that happened is Andrew has feathered his own nest.  Taking James will insure a nice child support check from Amber every month for the next 17 years!

That's why I think maybe Andrew was pulling a long con. He knew she was batshit and he knocked her up almost immediately..hmm. I'm not saying he deserves to be hit, but was he really that delusional to think she would just change. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I would think he will be lucky to get anything as she will probably go to jail for a while. TM OG will be cancelled soon (hopefully) so no big money coming in. She can say bye bye to money she is getting from promoting on her Instagram as I don't think any company will want to touch her for a while after this. By the time this whole thing passes TM will be off the air and because she will not get a job the only thing I can see her getting is social security disability because of her mental illness. So I don't think Andrew thought this through if getting rich was his plan. The only thing he gained was being on the air and he might get couple other reality show jobs. Or MTV can start a new franchise TM: AMBER'S BEAUTIFUL MEN.

It seems Amber is triggered by big men taking care of 1 year old children. Wasn't Leah just a bit older when she assaulted Gary? 

I can't believe she got bonded out so fast. I guess because she is "high profile" they couldn't put her in with other inmates and they didn't have enough holding tanks to keep her safe. Was probably easier to find a judge on holiday Saturday morning to get rid of her "celebrity" ass.

Between Janelle's and Amber's drama I'm very busy this past 2 reading all the posts here (since Tuesday when it seemed to go in the right direction for Janelle's children to come to see the shocking posts 2 days later about new judge dismissing the case). Then Amber gets arrested. Oh and Mackenzie is pregnant 😢

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Only if her income stays high, though, right?  I know the world is an insane place these days, but please tell me that's not going to happen.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ava111 said:

I can't believe she got bonded out so fast. I guess because she is "high profile" they couldn't put her in with other inmates and they didn't have enough holding tanks to keep her safe. Was probably easier to find a judge on holiday Saturday morning to get rid of her "celebrity" ass.

t 😢

I know we always read about people going before a judge "Monday morning", the fact is that most jails have 24/7 judges for "first appearance" . The local jail here even has most defendants brought in for that right from the jail, by video, no leaving necessary. So hardly anyone has to wait out a weekend or holiday for first appearance.

Her bond was undoubtedly set by scale, all states have automatic bond amounts preset. You're charged with robbery? This is your bond. 

Doesn't matter who she is really, except she might have, in fact, been kept separately due to her "celebrity" .

Edited by blubld43
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, ava111 said:

seems Amber is triggered by big men taking care of 1 year old children. Wasn't Leah just a bit older when she assaulted Gary

This is an interesting point. We all know Amber is a slug who never does more than the bare minimum when it comes to her kids. And once they go from babies to moving toddlers, that's about the most active age. We know she and Gary fought about it. I can see Matt getting resentful too, about having to do everything. And we all know Amber doesn't like to be called out on her bad behavior. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, malaluna said:

Because @toodywoody brought up the Original Becky 🤣

PicsArt_07-07-09.23.57.jpg

OMG I love it!!!!!

Maybe all the 'day trading' Hagrid was doing was draining her money away without her actually understanding what he was really doing. 

I know that Matt is snickering his ass off somewhere and saying I told you so about being beat up.

Edited by toodywoody
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Oh heck  I think Ambers money will continue to roll in!  It's been moving right on down the line since her last prison sentence.  She was gone then back in the saddle again!  She makes great tv and social media chit chat!!!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This is an interesting point. We all know Amber is a slug who never does more than the bare minimum when it comes to her kids. And once they go from babies to moving toddlers, that's about the most active age. We know she and Gary fought about it. I can see Matt getting resentful too, about having to do everything. And we all know Amber doesn't like to be called out on her bad behavior. 

This lead me to wonder if again Amber is going to manage to go to Gil about the time James is getting to be a handful. Same happened to Leah, Amber picked a lengthy Gil sentence over a 6 month( ?) rehap.  Handy way to not have to go thru those terrible two's. [cough,gag,snort]

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Will Andrew stay or will he go?  No wonder he's been reluctant to put a ring on it!

Will he stay or should he go now?
Will he stay or should he go now?
If he goes, there will be trouble
And if he stays it will be double
So come on and let him know -

Should he stay or should he go?

-----

Great apologies to The Clash for associating them with this trash, but it's the only thing I could hear in my head reading @Jeanie2222's post!

And he should go.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I was online reading some tweets about Big Brother when someone posted a tweet that said the police were dispatched to "Celebrity Amber Portwood's home" around 3:20 a.m.  My first thought was a drug overdose because I haven't believed Amber was clean or using her mental health meds correctly ever. Anyhow, later it was posted that it was a domestic situation and others started posting that "He is three times her size!!" Fortunately for my mental health, which had taken a huge blow when reading her referred to as a "celebrity," some hatters were also online and pointed out that she is ten times as crazy and has a past history so she was clearly the abuser. People still said she couldn't hurt him since he was so much larger because people are stupid and don't take abuse of men seriously. When one of the tabloids said she was arrested at 6 a.m., I wondered if there was a standoff of some kind but it looks like they were just in error about the time and posted her booking time.

Someday, I may finally quit being surprised that Radar and TMZ don't even try to get facts correct or that these trashy people have such die hard fans. The more horribly behaving the person is the worse the fan. I used to be able to tell myself that the fans were just young or were purchased and while that is true to some extent, many of them are adults who have kids themselves and like to scream about not judging mothers because none are perfect. I never beat my son's father in front of him. I've never used drugs in front of him. I never picked up a pedophile at Walmart and let him change my son's diaper. Some things are indefensible and trying to makes them every bit as bad. Hopefully, the young ones will get a clue and the kids of the others will grow up to be well adjusted adults.

Whenever someone has some type of notoriety they are separated from general population. It's a safety issue for them and the guards, who become targets from people trying to get attention of the Z-Lister. 

INTERMISSION: NSFW for language

Most people here seem to know this, but it's come up a few times in the threads I read lately and someone may not. Both Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Bipolar Disorder are actual mental health diagnoses that are determined by forensic psychological testing. They are diagnoses that have versions and degrees and whereas one person with Bipolar II may have some symptoms in common with someone else who has Bipolar II, they may also have different issues. People who suffer from mental illness are more likely to harm themselves than others. I only point it out because I don't want people to think I am lumping all people with this disorders together. Also not in dispute by anyone -- Amber is a raging asshole.

Amber was diagnosed with both Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar Disorder while in prison and then retested after she was out for a period of time. She said she was "Rediagnosed" on one of the Tell Nothings, which had bunches of us going, "Huh? Once you're diagnosed you don't need rediagnosed." She responded to one of the tabloids that since her original diagnoses was made in prison where they are subjected to different situation and that it can affect the testing responses so she was retested after being out for a certain amount of time. Kailyn was also diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder but claims she was misdiagnosed and Jenelle was told in rehab that she likely suffered from Bipolar Disorder but she needed to be sober for a certain amount of time to be tested accurately. She later claimed to be misdiagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder but it was during a conversation with Amber and AFAIK has never been repeated. I think it was thought she misspoke and meant Bipolar Disorder since we saw that when she was in rehab. Personally, I think Borderline fits better.

Sociopath is not an actual mental health diagnoses but is our lay people diagnoses for Raging Asshole Sydrome, another non mental health illness. Psychopath and Sociopath used to be found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders but the symptoms that fell under those terms are now under different diagnoses. There are also Personality Disorders that include, but are not limited to: paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, avoidant personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder; and organic intellectual disabilities, and my completely non-mental-health-trained self diagnose every singe one of these trash heaps will at least one of them or they would get off the shows.

TL/DR: Amber suffers from legitimate mental health issues but they do not excuse her Raging Asshole behaviors. She's never going to own her behaviors and I won't be able to muster a lick of sympathy for her when she gets her ass kicked by a bigger bully. She'll never pick that fight, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Amber was charged with the lowest level domestic violence felony. Doesn’t she have charges for the same thing from Gary? This only mentions unrelated charges. There should be some sort of modifier for her being a repeater... It sounds like it wouldn’t have even been a felony had James not been around. I wonder how valid the flip flop story is? And whoever brought up Jenelle’s stupid wall flip flop is a genius!

B9E8D0A7-9807-4FD8-A6EC-4DFAB8C893D7.jpeg

@Christina sociopathy = antisocial personality disorder, basically. Psychopathy is still its own thing to many, though it’s not in the manual. Some also say sociopathy and psychopathy are the same thing. It’s also different in criminology than psychology. It’s confusing. I totally agree that they all have personality disorders and/or other mental health issues. I wonder about Andrew’s dependency issues...he stalked a woman and two women took out restraining orders against him. That kinda screams “I have trouble letting go.” I’m not sure he’s gonna leave Amber. And if there’s no order in place they’re probably at her house together. Though, hopefully his family bought him a ticket to California and he already took James there. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Amber was charged with the lowest level domestic violence felony. Doesn’t she have charges for the same thing from Gary? This only mentions unrelated charges. There should be some sort of modifier for her being a repeater... It sounds like it wouldn’t have even been a felony had James not been around. I wonder how valid the flip flop story is? And whoever brought up Jenelle’s stupid wall flip flop is a genius!

I think she only went to jail on the drug charges and had a diversion for the domestic violence, but I'm really not certain.

@Christina sociopathy = antisocial personality disorder, basically. Psychopathy is still its own thing to many, though it’s not in the manual. Some also say sociopathy and psychopathy are the same thing.

Right, antisocial personality disorder is a real mental health condition but people use the word sociopath to describe horrible behaviors but are not trying to suggest they have a true mental health issue. It's like narcissist is used to describe what we used to call conceit and selfish and not the real mental health condition of narcissistic personality disorder. Some people are just assholes and I don't want it to sound like I'm making light of real mental health issues.

Also, Amber is a raging asshole with no redeemable qualities. She has brought nothing to society since the brief rant at Jenelle that was funny as hell.

• Love 6

I'm up and ready for court! I wonder if Amber is? Will NuMatt go with her? Has she been loco all night? She sure is posting clicks about her castmates. It's going to get ugly and I'm ready with my coffee and smokes! 

Wakey wakey Ambie! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

When I posted earlier, I planned on posting the multiple diagnoses I have diagnosed Amber with based on my Ph.D. in Everything from the University of Google and WebMD, but decided the post was already too long. So, I think it is now missing a bit of context and comes across as a rant. 

On some thread somewhere on this site, someone posted a general annoyance about how terms are thrown around incorrectly. There was a discussion and it moved on. Then, late one night/early one morning, someone posted how those are real conditions and saying they weren't are disrespectful to those who suffer from them. I replied that was the point people were making, that they are misused, and not intending to insult people with the disorders. My post no longer shows in my profile so I think it may have been removed. Maybe the person realized he or she misread or maybe it was reported for some reason. In any event, I didn't want to insult actual sufferers with my intended insults of Amber.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, jquitar said:

The article states "The 29-year-old and boyfriend Andrew Glennon just had a pregnancy scare on the "Teen Mom OG" show.

I'm looking at the post of the article.  Sorry it's not the best quality...

ap.jpg

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think amber forgets what mtv show she is on. This isn’t True Life: I have anger issues.... although she would fit in with them 

5 hours ago, Christina said:

When I posted earlier, I planned on posting the multiple diagnoses I have diagnosed Amber with based on my Ph.D. in Everything from the University of Google and WebMD, but decided the post was already too long. So, I think it is now missing a bit of context and comes across as a rant. 

On some thread somewhere on this site, someone posted a general annoyance about how terms are thrown around incorrectly. There was a discussion and it moved on. Then, late one night/early one morning, someone posted how those are real conditions and saying they weren't are disrespectful to those who suffer from them. I replied that was the point people were making, that they are misused, and not intending to insult people with the disorders. My post no longer shows in my profile so I think it may have been removed. Maybe the person realized he or she misread or maybe it was reported for some reason. In any event, I didn't want to insult actual sufferers with my intended insults of Amber.

You forgot your honorary degree from armchair  u!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Latest rumor I saw....Amber was bailed out for 2 grand by an unrelated female and her court date has been moved from this morning to Wednesday.

Let's wait for an article to slip on out!  

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Christina said:

I think she only went to jail on the drug charges and had a diversion for the domestic violence, but I'm really not certain.

Right, antisocial personality disorder is a real mental health condition but people use the word sociopath to describe horrible behaviors but are not trying to suggest they have a true mental health issue. It's like narcissist is used to describe what we used to call conceit and selfish and not the real mental health condition of narcissistic personality disorder. Some people are just assholes and I don't want it to sound like I'm making light of real mental health issues.

Also, Amber is a raging asshole with no redeemable qualities. She has brought nothing to society since the brief rant at Jenelle that was funny as hell.

Half the internet claims their parents are narcissists. 

I don’t think Amber is a sociopath, she’s never actually achieved anything above the board or by being shady. 

Some sort of cluster B nightmare perhaps. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Latest rumor I saw....Amber was bailed out for 2 grand by an unrelated female and her court date has been moved from this morning to Wednesday.

MTV probably bailed her out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

From ROL:  "A clerk for Marion County Court told Radar that her initial hearing on July 8 has been moved to July 10. “The state asked for a continuance,” the spokesperson told Radar. The clerk also confirmed that she was released on a cash bond of $2,000. Radar can reveal a woman unrelated to Portwood bailed her out, not her baby daddy Glennon."

https://radaronline.com/photos/amber-portwood-released-jail-domestic-violence-arrest-court-date-bailed-out-teen-mom-og/

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I'm up and ready for court! I wonder if Amber is? Will NuMatt go with her? Has she been loco all night? She sure is posting clicks about her castmates. It's going to get ugly and I'm ready with my coffee and smokes! 

Wakey wakey Ambie! 

You'll have to wait 'til Wednesday.  Then HER lawyer will ask for another continuance.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Damn I don't wait well. I WANTED to write Crystal Meth was her cousin. But I didn't want to be a bitch. I changed my mind. I'm evil.

That article says Gary removed his tweet but I still see it along with the comments.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8